New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

been here before

Firstly fair play for the Levein banner, that was a nice touch and went down well througout the ground.

We were in J for the first half and other than some odd drumming heard nothing from the Singing Section. Quite a few ditties from the usual punters though.

Second half back up on the usual perch in the Wheatfield and would never have known they were there, banner aside.

Early days and all that but they really do need some numbers, must have been about 20 all told. Werent their claims from the OP to have sold upward of '70 season tickets and counting' before the season started?

Edited by been here before

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Firstly fair play for the Levein banner, that was a nice touch and went down well througout the ground.

We were in J for the first half and other than some odd drumming heard nothing from the Singing Section. Quite a few ditties from the usual punters though.

Second half back up on the usual perch in the Wheatfield and would never have known they were there, banner aside.

Early days and all that but they really do need some numbers, must have been about 20 all told. Werent their claims from the OP to have sold upward of '70 season tickets and counting' before the season started?

Yeah all a bit strange given it was showing as sold out. Where were the missing 80 people?

EC93D752-41F9-41B2-9DA0-FA821E4B3936.thumb.png.bf2cb6b81219224f9251582c0d99053f.png

55 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

That’s what we were saying at halftime as well.

Did you not get (add your own violent attack)a meet and greet before the game.

1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

Couldn’t hear them from the Main Stand so no idea mate

Pretty harsh mate. 

Think there were two lassies ??

Were they attractive , if so it may encourage other “sorts” to move to that section ??? 

17 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Yeah all a bit strange given it was showing as sold out. Where were the missing 80 people?

EC93D752-41F9-41B2-9DA0-FA821E4B3936.thumb.png.bf2cb6b81219224f9251582c0d99053f.png

In Glasgow preparing for tomorrows game?

in all seriousness from this and my other post , it seems like a disappointing day for them but they’ve done a decent job the last couple weeks hopefully its only a blip.

edit: special mention for the banner great touch ??

Edited by sadj

12 minutes ago, obua said:

Did you not get (add your own violent attack)a meet and greet before the game.

Stood outside the main stand wearing my t-shirt for 30 minutes. Nobody came to say hello. (Or hello, hello)

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Were they attractive , if so it may encourage other “sorts” to move to that section ??? 

Too far away to tell mate

Just now, Frank1874 said:

Stood outside the main stand wearing my t-shirt for 30 minutes. Nobody came to say hello. (Or hello, hello)

Too far away to tell mate

Cause you were hiding from them wearing your no chants - make tynie a library top? Maybe thats why the numbers were lower today...strewn throughout the 4stands to catch ya ?

Seymour M Hersh

So far I'd say the decision to have a singing section is humming!  And get rid of the ****ing drum for goodness sake.

10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So far I'd say the decision to have a singing section is humming!  And get rid of the ****ing drum for goodness sake.

Correct,no need for a ss when we are winning from the main stand I didn’t really hear them above the other stands.Yes get the drum to f.

26 minutes ago, sadj said:

Cause you were hiding from them wearing your no chants - make tynie a library top? Maybe thats why the numbers were lower today...strewn throughout the 4stands to catch ya ?

:jjyay:

50 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Where were the Nazis and the bigots Frank, I’ve got my notebook ready?

2 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Where were the Nazis and the bigots Frank, I’ve got my notebook ready?

Banned from Tynecastle by the looks of all the empty ST seats in the singing section

10 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I noticed lower H is now unavailable for ticket purchases for future games. No idea what that means.

Season tickets only, was announced some time ago. 

41 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Banned from Tynecastle by the looks of all the empty ST seats in the singing section

How many Catholics/Jews were lynched outside the ground? There must have been scores, judging by your posts?

PhoenixHearts
20 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

How many Catholics/Jews were lynched outside the ground? There must have been scores, judging by your posts?

Earlier in the week Frank was getting ripped for being a bit too obssessed and for taking life too seriously, but now I think you need to lighten up about this.

He was clearly only having a wee joke about them all being banned before the game. Just a bit if fun. 

28 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Season tickets only, was announced some time ago. 

Individual seats were being sold for the game today in lower H.

9 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Earlier in the week Frank was getting ripped for being a bit too obssessed and for taking life too seriously, but now I think you need to lighten up about this.

He was clearly only having a wee joke about them all being banned before the game. Just a bit if fun. 

Was just going to post something similar.

35 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Comparatively, how many posts have I made as opposed to frank? That’s like contrasting apples and pears honestly.

If you’re going to make predications and assumptions that turn out to be pish, expect to be called on them.

31 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Individual seats were being sold for the game today in lower H.

Maybe took away from the section’s effectiveness then if that’s the case?

Kudos on the counting JALBO, very appreciated ?

Saw a couple of flags and heard some intermittent drumming from H. Majority of the signing was coming from N and G though. I’m in Section R.

I think the fact that its in the roseburn and cat B ST is really going to hamper the numbers. Club will really need to have a rethink for next season if they are still going. Lower G or N would make the most sense.

Wee laddie that sits beside me is 11.  Is the boy on the drum here to watch the game or just to get on my nerves ? ?

Thought Police

In the long term I think they’ll end up being good for Hearts, particularly at home. The inevitably have more difficulty at away games in who can join in and start particular songs.

Could hear the drum up in the back of Q, but not much else.  The banner was a really nice touch.  It's early days and I'm sure the section will get bigger and louder as weeks go by.

Sounds like a few prawn sanny types have bought tickets in the singing section by mistake. 

Sure they will grown in confidence as the season goes on. So encouraging to see the large crowd let's slash rangers and celtic allocation to the minium 1 section 

Can’t moan about the sectarianism this week so now folk moaning about the drum ???

Once they get the numbers in it’ll be great and the place will be bouncing. Would have been better putting it in either G or N though

scott herbertson

Thought they were fine. Drum didn’t bother me, tho if we were 3-0 down not 4-1 up it might have got on my nads.

I bought an extra ticket for this game as I had already given my mate my season ticket as I was meant to be working. I hadn't remembered about the singing section, it was only after I bought the ticket I actually realised. It should be called the singing and standing section. Most of the folk around me were stood for the full 90 minutes, it was like going back to Gorgie in the 80's. Didn't hear any sectarian singing although their rendition of the "Uche" to the tune of the "Bouncey" was suspicious. Also hear a very muted attempt to start up a rendition of "Hello" but it didn't come to much. The resistance to the banner was ridiculous and is exactly the kind of behaviour from Stewards to fans that could potentially flare aggro. So in summary, it was an interesting experience; but I look forward to resuming my old seat for the next home game. 

21 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Can’t moan about the sectarianism this week so now folk moaning about the drum ???

This is the way I see it. Many posters on here asked them to cut out the sectarianism. It appears they did. Rome wasn't built in a day. Give them a break.

been here before
20 minutes ago, wigwam123 said:

I bought an extra ticket for this game as I had already given my mate my season ticket as I was meant to be working. I hadn't remembered about the singing section, it was only after I bought the ticket I actually realised. It should be called the singing and standing section. Most of the folk around me were stood for the full 90 minutes, it was like going back to Gorgie in the 80's. Didn't hear any sectarian singing although their rendition of the "Uche" to the tune of the "Bouncey" was suspicious. Also hear a very muted attempt to start up a rendition of "Hello" but it didn't come to much. The resistance to the banner was ridiculous and is exactly the kind of behaviour from Stewards to fans that could potentially flare aggro. So in summary, it was an interesting experience; but I look forward to resuming my old seat for the next home game. 

What was the problem with the banner?

3 hours ago, been here before said:

What was the problem with the banner?

Steward was giving them grief for unveiling it. Ridiculous contempt for the fans who were just showing support for the gaffer. Glad her colleague saw sense and told her to leave it.

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 hours ago, jambali said:

Most of the drumming I heard was from the St Midden end!!

There were two drums, one in their section. Ours was louder. 

10 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Steward was giving them grief for unveiling it. Ridiculous contempt for the fans who were just showing support for the gaffer. Glad her colleague saw sense and told her to leave it.

I noticed that from up in section G, was wondering what the problem was, I seen them trying to put it over the barrier and the female steward having words with them, thankfully they managed to display it as it was a nice touch. 

47 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

I noticed that from up in section G, was wondering what the problem was, I seen them trying to put it over the barrier and the female steward having words with them, thankfully they managed to display it as it was a nice touch. 

Probably not happy with it covering adverts. 

I went with a mate in section B yesterday ...There is some wee kid who sat about 5 rows in front of me - must have been row 12, seat 10 - and he must have only been about 9 or 10 but was giving people the finger and swearing towards the at Mirren fans

reallt any need in this behaviour?

poor patently imo

10 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I went with a mate in section B yesterday ...There is some wee kid who sat about 5 rows in front of me - must have been row 12, seat 10 - and he must have only been about 9 or 10 but was giving people the finger and swearing towards the at Mirren fans

poor patently imo

Exactly the kind of young blood we need imo.

30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Probably not happy with it covering adverts. 

Probably Dave, seemed to take forever though to get the banner in place. 

26 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

poor patently imo

I hate poor patently.  It's bad.

:cornette_dog:

been here before
39 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

poor patently imo

And what did his patent say when you mentioned this to them?

Doctor FinnBarr

My take on yesterday from Upper H, singing section only made noise when N or G started something, drummer really is crap and could do with taking lessons from the St M drummer. Lower sections are crap for housing a singing section.

44 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

poor patently imo

:notsure:

42 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

:troll:

Have you informed the club of this animal’s details frank? I hope so, frankly these kind of rampaging orange stormtroopers are frightening many decent supporters away.

• davemclaren locked this topic