New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

16 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

You realise it’s away fans that vote for that? If I went to a stadium and out sang the home fans on every visit I’d vote for that ground as well.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1615521/hearts-kyle-lafferty-gambling-addiction-craig-levein-ann-budge-austin-macphee/amp/

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Alex Kintner
33 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Not even a hint of Brokeback either.

Educational standards in dumbing down shock.

???

32 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

I said he didn’t mention bigoted songs or songs about kickback. I didn’t say that it didn’t happen. Your just getting your panties in a twist about the whole thing. If you want I will ask him precisely what songs were sung & get back to you.

I was just trying to give a comment on what other supporters had said regarding the ‘Section’. 

No offence meant mate. Misunderstood the point you were making ??

12 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

What do you think happens at almost every other stadium? Genuinely? I've read so often that the atmosphere at Tynecastle is shocking and you've claimed we are relegation candidates in the atmosphere league but is it you are actually basing it on? I presume you aren't at many home games at Fir Park, Dens Park etc. 

The atmosphere at Tynecastle for bog standards games will be the same as the atmosphere at all other grounds for bog standard games. It can obviously be improved but let's stop pretending we are uniquely bad. 

That’s a really good point. You can only really directly compare the atmosphere at Tynie during a Hearts vs Dundee match with the atmosphere at Fir Park during Motherwell vs Dundee. You can’t compare it to Motherwell vs Hearts.

We have an amazing away support who make a great atmosphere at most away matches. 

Unless you’ve been to the other grounds and sat through their league games against every other team in the league then there’s no way you can compare. 

It can’t be a coincidence that players and managers repeatedly talk about the fantastic atmosphere in our stadium. Don’t remember anyone ever saying “Ooh, Rugby Park. Such a cauldron of noise” or “I loved playing at McDiarmid. The atmosphere was so intense!”

Relegation play-off in terms of atmosphere

:rofl:

Edited by Frank1874

3 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

???

That’s a really good point. You can only really directly compare the atmosphere at Tynie during a Hearts vs Dundee match with the atmosphere at Fir Park during Motherwell vs Dundee. You can’t compare it to Motherwell vs Hearts.

We have an amazing away support who make a great atmosphere at most away matches. 

Unless you’ve been to the other grounds and sat through their league games against every other team in the league then there’s no way you can compare. 

It can’t be a coincidence that players and managers repeatedly talk about the fantastic atmosphere in our stadium. Don’t remember anyone ever saying “Ooh, Rugby Park. Such a cauldron of noise” or “I loved playing at McDiarmid. The atmosphere was so intense!”

Relegation play-off in terms of atmosphere

Frank get off adolescents’ social media accounts before you laugh at someone’s opinion.

15 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

What do you think happens at almost every other stadium? Genuinely? I've read so often that the atmosphere at Tynecastle is shocking and you've claimed we are relegation candidates in the atmosphere league but is it you are actually basing it on? I presume you aren't at many home games at Fir Park, Dens Park etc. 

The atmosphere at Tynecastle for bog standards games will be the same as the atmosphere at all other grounds for bog standard games. It can obviously be improved but let's stop pretending we are uniquely bad. 

Was at Fir Park twice last season and the Motherwell fans made more noise against us on both occasions than we did against Motherwell at Tynecastle. Read similar for Dens Park.

AlphonseCapone
30 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Was at Fir Park twice last season and the Motherwell fans made more noise against us on both occasions than we did against Motherwell at Tynecastle. Read similar for Dens Park.

I was at Fir Park once last season and the atmosphere was average. It's also possible they view a game against us higher than we do against them. And that's before we get into how you even measure something like atmosphere. Maybe it's that you are more critical of our atmosphere because it's ours and you really want it to be better. 

Shanks said no

When away fans vote for Tynecastle is there not a lot more to it than just the atmosphere / noise in the ground. Are there not a number of other factors that make for a good away day including

- good safe boozers nearby

- safe parking

- safish streets

- good transport links

- getting to visit the Capitial

- good view

- within an hours drive for most teams

32 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Don't talk pish, misunderstood. You insinuated he and/or his mate were talking shite, because it didn't fit your agenda. You've done it time and again throughout the thread. Anyone with anything positive to say about the section you can't wait to pour scorn on them.

At least be consistent with your pish!

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Don't talk pish, misunderstood. You insinuated he and/or his mate were talking shite, because it didn't fit your agenda. You've done it time and again throughout the thread. Anyone with anything positive to say about the section you can't wait to pour scorn on them.

At least be consistent with your pish!

You’re still really upset. ? I wonder why ?

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

When away fans vote for Tynecastle is there not a lot more to it than just the atmosphere / noise in the ground. Are there not a number of other factors that make for a good away day including

- good safe boozers nearby

- safe parking

- safish streets

- good transport links

- getting to visit the Capitial

- good view

- within an hours drive for most teams

Not sure if it was a vote for best away day or for best away stadium. If it’s best away day then all the things you’ve mentioned definitely play a part ??

Alex Kintner
50 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Frank get off adolescents’ social media accounts before you laugh at someone’s opinion.

Singing section all but sold out for Saturday, I wonder how may who have bought tickets in lower H realise this? I know it's marked on the overview seat map on etickets, but not once you click around the sections. 

4 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

You're trolling has moved on from just being tiresome and tedious to just bizarre now.

Edited by Super T

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Well, if my wee corner on the east main stand was anything to go by, everyone sang the more 'family friendly' efforts with aplomb, but the numbers dwindled significantly when that wee hun ditty started up. There was just a few rows behind me who also insisted on singing 'fenian', but besides maybe a handful of daft wee lads, not many actually joined in with that one. 

thats good news as the family friendly version is the way forward

in reply to your later post about 3 stands - im sure you didn't think I meant 100% of 3 stands were singing hullo hullo but just in case I will try and clarify further

some people (enough to be clearly heard) in each of 3 stands at east end park joined in on more than 1 rendition of hullo hullo most of which didn't die out or be boo-ed out as quickly as it would have say 2 or 3 years ago - I'm sure some of the versions being sung were "family friendly"

the behaviour of the hearts support (and probably most of society) has improved massively in this sort of front where sectarianism was next to zero within the grounds but that was never going to be enough for some the like of which would get all upset about a song about a 7ft man and a flute

sad and possibly even true 

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, Super T said:

You're trolling has moved on from just being tiresome and tedious to just bizarre now.

Top right. Button with a flag on it ??

56 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Dens Park, an’ you want to be taken seriously? 

PhoenixHearts
8 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

thats good news as the family friendly version is the way forward

in reply to your later post about 3 stands - im sure you didn't think I meant 100% of 3 stands were singing hullo hullo but just in case I will try and clarify further

some people (enough to be clearly heard) in each of 3 stands at east end park joined in on more than 1 rendition of hullo hullo most of which didn't die out or be boo-ed out as quickly as it would have say 2 or 3 years ago - I'm sure some of the versions being sung were "family friendly"

the behaviour of the hearts support (and probably most of society) has improved massively in this sort of front where sectarianism was next to zero within the grounds but that was never going to be enough for some the like of which would get all upset about a song about a 7ft man and a flute

sad and possibly even true 

Oh btw I didn't mean everyone was singing a 'family friendly' version of hello hello, I meant everyone was singing the 'family friendly' (non bigoted) songs like The Hearts song, Make some noise, Have you heard, Since I was young etc.

All of which I sang with pride, except hello hello.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

8 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

To the tune of girls on film by Duran Duran.

Frank the Tank (Always on Dickback)

Frank the Tank.

Frank the Tank (cannie stand Buddhists)

Frank the Tank.

This is a must. Not just from the Singing Section, all 18000 in unison!

17 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Go on Frank, tell me. What's the latest conspiracy your brilliant mind has uncovered?

1 hour ago, maroonexile said:

A couple of dozen bairns with a drum isn't atmosphere.

A real atmosphere at the football is the roar of the crowd in excitement and anticipation of great football and goalmouth incidents. 

Sing all the non sectarian and inoffensive songs you want but don't kid yourself that you are performing some kind of essential service to the club. 

Paying customers even quiet ones are what keeps football clubs going.

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Go on Frank, tell me. What's the latest conspiracy your brilliant mind has uncovered?

I can’t fathom what’s prompting your emotional overreaction. You seem a well-balanced poster and generally decent guy on every other thread so I doubt it’s because you’re one of the SSO.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
36 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Oh btw I didn't mean everyone was singing a 'family friendly' version of hello hello, I meant everyone was singing the 'family friendly' (non bigoted) songs like The Hearts song, Make some noise, Have you heard, Since I was young etc.

All of which I sang with pride, except hello hello.

well done mate and I completely understand why some folk are very uncomfortable with hullo hullo in particular those who had to endure it on a very regular basis in the 80s etc

some don't even want a version with lyrics from an official hearts record which tells you how deep the feelings can run on it

I'm thinking none at all or the family friendly version only would be fine and those who really don't like it could sit it out so to speak as you did at EEP

:thumbsup:

Serge Pizzorno

When I was 13/14 my old account on this is what I used to speak across as the OG Yung Team(please don’t post name if you know it, can  dm to confirm as it has my location in itB)). 

People said at time in a a few years you’ll look back and cringe, and Christ do I cringe:levein2:

From experience, the only way @HMFCSSO that you can get this to work is if you properly cut out the sectarian stuff etc, don’t just try brush it off, and if you want any help etc give me a dm

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

well done mate and I completely understand why some folk are very uncomfortable with hullo hullo in particular those who had to endure it on a very regular basis in the 80s etc

some don't even want a version with lyrics from an official hearts record which tells you how deep the feelings can run on it

I'm thinking none at all or the family friendly version only would be fine and those who really don't like it could sit it out so to speak as you did at EEP

:thumbsup:

As much as I really don't like the song based on my hatred for being compared to anything to do with rangers, unfortunately I find myself maybe agreeing with your last point there. 

Simply put, I think people are never going to stop singing it. I'd rather they didn't and that I'd never have to hear it again, but if they absolutely must (they probably always will) I'd at least insist upon those people to please please please sing the 'hibee' version instead of 'fenian' and without any mention of 'billy'.

At the very least, that way it has some relevance to us, as it's rivalry/football based rather than having any sectarian connotations.  

I'm thick skinned, and not personally offended by it at all, despite being what would be described by some as 'part fenian' myself, but I take huge exception to the message it sends out about our support.

We have the best supporters in the country. Fact. What we have done for our club is nothing short of amazing, and rivalries aside, we really should be held up and viewed as a gold standard for all clubs across the country, so the idea that we could be portrayed or perceived in any kind of negative light is not one I'm on board with. 

I'm really rather proud to support a great club that offers a viable option for supporting a team without all the 'sideshow attractions' that are so deeply ingrained in the West. 

I'll finish by asking nicely to those who would be representing Hearts the most audibly, whether that be the SSO or others: this is a club that ALL of us share, so please treat her kindly and try your very best not to project your own personal, political and religious beliefs on to the club as if they were that of Hearts themselves.

We all love different things and we all hate different things, but the club remains all of ours. No matter what walk of life we are from, on matchday we all love one thing in common. Hearts. And we all hate the Hibs.

Let's keep it that simple.

Christ what a tangent.... but I had to get it out.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

5 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

He's their barber. 

Bridge of Djoum

I suppose the bottom line here is how to turn Tynecastle into a horrible place to come and play, a bear pit if you will whilst not being ''offensive''.

Crystal Palace seem to manage it well. Their home form is pretty good, (I think) always a good atmosphere and as far as I know, no bigoted or racist songbook.

Scotland's societal problems to the fore here, I fear.

4 hours ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

When I was 13/14 my old account on this is what I used to speak across as the OG Yung Team(please don’t post name if you know it, can  dm to confirm as it has my location in itB)). 

People said at time in a a few years you’ll look back and cringe, and Christ do I cringe:levein2:

From experience, the only way @HMFCSSO that you can get this to work is if you properly cut out the sectarian stuff etc, don’t just try brush it off, and if you want any help etc give me a dm

3 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

As much as I really don't like the song based on my hatred for being compared to anything to do with rangers, unfortunately I find myself maybe agreeing with your last point there. 

Simply put, I think people are never going to stop singing it. I'd rather they didn't and that I'd never have to hear it again, but if they absolutely must (they probably always will) I'd at least insist upon those people to please please please sing the 'hibee' version instead of 'fenian' and without any mention of 'billy'.

At the very least, that way it has some relevance to us, as it's rivalry/football based rather than having any sectarian connotations.  

I'm thick skinned, and not personally offended by it at all, despite being what would be described by some as 'part fenian' myself, but I take huge exception to the message it sends out about our support.

We have the best supporters in the country. Fact. What we have done for our club is nothing short of amazing, and rivalries aside, we really should be held up and viewed as a gold standard for all clubs across the country, so the idea that we could be portrayed or perceived in any kind of negative light is not one I'm on board with. 

I'm really rather proud to support a great club that offers a viable option for supporting a team without all the 'sideshow attractions' that are so deeply ingrained in the West. 

I'll finish by asking nicely to those who would be representing Hearts the most audibly, whether that be the SSO or others: this is a club that ALL of us share, so please treat her kindly and try your very best not to project your own personal, political and religious beliefs on to the club as if they were that of Hearts themselves.

We all love different things and we all hate different things, but the club remains all of ours. No matter what walk of life we are from, on matchday we all love one thing in common. Hearts. And we all hate the Hibs.

Let's keep it that simple.

Christ what a tangent.... but I had to get it out.

Best couple of posts on this page, possibly the whole thread. Shame they’ll probably be lost in an ocean of wind and pish.

10 hours ago, allystrachan said:

So I have just skimmed over the recent bickering & just figured I’d post that speaking to a killie fan & he said the section was bouncing all game & created a good atmosphere. He dyidn’t mention any bigoted songs or songs about kickback

With all due respect buddy, ur killie mate must be deaf,  not the bigoted stuff but the kickback stuff was defo Sung with a gusto ?? Well I love kickback but ur seems others are not too keen, must be because of that frank guy tbh ?

Edited by jamtartan74

Alex Kintner
26 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

With all due respect buddy, ur killie mate must be deaf,  not the bigoted stuff but the kickback stuff was defo Sung with a gusto ?? Well I love kickback but ur seems others are not too keen, must be because of that frank guy tbh ?

Guilty ?

Maybe if I hand myself over they’ll stop singing songs about the rest of you. ?

5 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Guilty ?

Maybe if I hand myself over they’ll stop singing songs about the rest of you. ?

I’ve been whittling away at one of these in my shed all week. Expecting the SSO to come and take delivery of it tomorrow.

On an unrelated topic, how tall and what weight are you? Asking for a friend. ?

71B15908-6C94-4A77-871E-FE2225AA0240.jpeg

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Bez said:

I’ve been whittling away at one of these in my shed all week. Expecting the SSO to come and take delivery of it tomorrow.

On an unrelated topic, how tall and what weight are you? Asking for a friend. ?

71B15908-6C94-4A77-871E-FE2225AA0240.jpeg

6’2” and about 15 stone. ??

Thinking about organising a final meal with my twelve favourite JKB posters so invitations will be going out via PM soon. Hopefully nobody betrays the location to the SSO ??

Just now, Frank1874 said:

6’2” and about 15 stone. ??

Thinking about organising a final meal with my twelve favourite JKB posters so invitations will be going out via PM soon. Hopefully nobody betrays the location to the SSO ??

Sorry mate, missed that, was busy sending a PM. By the way, drinks are on me this Saturday, I’ve just come in to some silver. ?

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Bez said:

Sorry mate, missed that, was busy sending a PM. By the way, drinks are on me this Saturday, I’ve just come in to some silver. ?

Can I borrow some? Need to get my hands on a Rolling Stones ticket for Monday ??

Just now, Frank1874 said:

Can I borrow some? Need to get my hands on a Rolling Stones ticket for Monday ??

No. I’ve no sympathy for you. You are the Devil.

I laugh when conversations about “who has the better atmosphere”  happen. You literally cannot compete any two matches because every game is different. Atmosphere is directly effected by what happens on the pitch, and like I said, that’s different for every game. 

been here before

A cruciFranktion.

“Father, forgive them, for they know not what they sing.”

Edited by been here before

Alex Kintner
11 minutes ago, Bez said:

No. I’ve no sympathy for you. You are the Devil.

I have mixed emotions about you saying that. ?

Anyway back on topic. Hope there’s plenty Craig Levein songs on the tracklist for Saturday. Important to show the big man how much he means to us ??❤️

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

A cruciFranktion.

“Father, forgive them, for they know not what they sing.”

He that is without singing among you, let him cast the first Stones.

11 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

I laugh when conversations about “who has the better atmosphere”  happen. You literally cannot compete any two matches because every game is different. Atmosphere is directly effected by what happens on the pitch, and like I said, that’s different for every game. 

You clearly missed IJ’s post yesterday. All we need is a second hand Russometer.

7 hours ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

This is bang on the money. 

In the spirit of the outbreak of (comedic?) religious allusion, it's pretty much a case of 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'.  I think it was earlier in this thread that I mentioned about the sort of stuff we used to sing when I was a teenager (mid to late 80s).  Interestingly, though, I've heard some of those songs outrside of the ground after matches.  These are songs that will never be sung inside the ground.  So it looks as though, in a camp fire type way, that old songs have been passed down through the generations.

I also look back and cringe.  But I also realise it's what teenagers do.  Some other stuff I did was far cringier than singing shan songs about situations that I didn't really understand.

I think there's a choice to be made by the singing section about what it is they really want to be.

22 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Is Frank the Tank getting crucified before or after the game? 

Before. He can hang about for the duration.

2 minutes ago, Bez said:

Before. He can hang about for the duration.

As long as he gets the beers in 1st I'm pretty non plussed.

been here before
31 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Is Frank the Tank getting crucified before or after the game? 

Do it before then we can have a laugh as he's made to try and pick out the winner of the halftime draw.

Alex Kintner
34 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

As long as he gets the beers in 1st I'm pretty non plussed.

Beers for all of JKB as an apology for dragging the good name through the mud?

13 hours ago, luckydug said:

A couple of dozen bairns with a drum isn't atmosphere.

A real atmosphere at the football is the roar of the crowd in excitement and anticipation of great football and goalmouth incidents. 

Sing all the non sectarian and inoffensive songs you want but don't kid yourself that you are performing some kind of essential service to the club. 

Paying customers even quiet ones are what keeps football clubs going.

Wonder why the manager chose to mention it in his last post match interview then?

Ask any player in the world what they prefer and much of what you say will be wholly undermined.

Big Slim Stylee
5 hours ago, Haken said:

This is bang on the money. 

In the spirit of the outbreak of (comedic?) religious allusion, it's pretty much a case of 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'.  I think it was earlier in this thread that I mentioned about the sort of stuff we used to sing when I was a teenager (mid to late 80s).  Interestingly, though, I've heard some of those songs outrside of the ground after matches.  These are songs that will never be sung inside the ground.  So it looks as though, in a camp fire type way, that old songs have been passed down through the generations.

I also look back and cringe.  But I also realise it's what teenagers do.  Some other stuff I did was far cringier than singing shan songs about situations that I didn't really understand.

I think there's a choice to be made by the singing section about what it is they really want to be.

Hard to believe we’ve already reached that difficult second album syndrome stage.

been here before
42 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Wonder why the manager chose to mention it in his last post match interview then?

Ask any player in the world what they prefer and much of what you say will be wholly undermined.

He mentioned 'they seem to have got a singing section from somewhere'. Dont recall him mentioning the atmosphere.

• davemclaren locked this topic