Lafferty targeted by Sunderland

Kendoll

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

They put a bid in last week which was on the low side of very low. 

Why would levein say in the media that no approach had been made from any clubs?..it was just a couple of days ago I'm sure (I may have imagined this so apologies in advance if that's the case).

i wish jj was my dad
30 minutes ago, Shovelly Joe said:

We’re in a strong bargaining position here.  Sunderland appear desperate to buy with other clubs potentially interested and importantly we do not need to sell.  

Coleman seems desperate.  I'd like KL to stay but we'd be silly to turn down money that could bring in 3 or 4 first team players.

Personally I think Sunderland will

walk away as soon as they here what we want for him .Because we got him on a free they will think they can get him for a free hundred grand . 

Woulrnt rule out a move to China though if Big Laff fancies it . 

Lafferty must be going nowhere. At least until Wednesday. Stockton,Isma gone, Keena out on loan, Zanatta starting for u20’s tonight so it must be Lafferty and Naismith tomorrow night unless they have signed a striker today. If we had received big money offer for Lafferty we wouldn’t play him tomorrow just in case of injury. 

13 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Personally I think Sunderland will

walk away as soon as they here what we want for him .Because we got him on a free they will think they can get him for a free hundred grand . 

Woulrnt rule out a move to China though if Big Laff fancies it . 

I would rule that out as we won't sell without a replacement and that means within this window or wait till the summer.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Lafferty must be going nowhere. At least until Wednesday. Stockton,Isma gone, Keena out on loan, Zanatta starting for u20’s tonight so it must be Lafferty and Naismith tomorrow night unless they have signed a striker today. If we had received big money offer for Lafferty we wouldn’t play him tomorrow just in case of injury. 

I so much hope you are proven right on this.

Can’t see us moving on Isma, Stockton and Lafferty in the same window. We’d be left with one striker, who is on loan.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Lafferty is happy here. No disrespect to Sunderland but ffs! They make rangers look a sensible option by comparison.

They are really really skint. Their owners have all but given up on the club too. They have almost no money to spend. 

Just now, Doc Rob said:

Can’t see us moving on Isma, Stockton and Lafferty in the same window. We’d be left with one striker, who is on loan.

Footballs a funny old game

CL head must be bursting at  the seems right now

22 minutes ago, communist said:

Why would levein say in the media that no approach had been made from any clubs?..it was just a couple of days ago I'm sure (I may have imagined this so apologies in advance if that's the case).

Not sure TBH. Clubs have spoken end of last week. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

This.

Would be very poor management and I don't think Levein is prone to very poor management 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

This.

Would be very poor management and I don't think Levein is prone to very poor management 

If KL fancies a move and the money is right  for Hearts why wouldnt he go

maroonlegions
40 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

You accused him of spouting bulls**t based on media speculation. If I was the judge at your trial I would wait until I knew all the facts before judging.  

I accused who?:laugh:.

Fact is that it seems that you are  over looking  the no smoke without fire fact, but do bang on about  judges  and juries  , :laugh:

6 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Not sure TBH. Clubs have spoken end of last week. 

Might be to show just how poor any offer was and you know CL likes to play with the media

3 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

If KL fancies a move and the money is right  for Hearts why wouldnt he go

Because he doesnt want to perhaps???

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Because he doesnt want to perhaps???

I dont know what KL thinks but seems fair enough to me if both party's are happy

Its common knowledge that KL is happy here but anything can happen in football and if funny money is on parade  it could happen, hope  no 

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Might be to show just how poor any offer was and you know CL likes to play with the media

Or or they didn’t put s formal offer just indicated a range - easy to for example cite another transfer for comparison.

15 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Plenty time to get someone in

4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Or or they didn’t put s formal offer just indicated a range - easy to for example cite another transfer for comparison.

Indeed...gotta love the last few days of the window and the speculaion , keeps life interesting

Coburg Hearts
11 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

I accused who?:laugh:.

Fact is that it seems that you are  over looking  the no smoke without fire fact, but do bang on about  judges  and juries  , :laugh:

This is what you said...Money takes eh, all that shite about Laff being happy as feck at Hearts and living in Edinburgh and teaming up with best freind Naisy......

As for there being no smoke without fire, that must mean every rumour on here must be true, as in your book there is no smoke without fire. I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Stanley_ said:

I'm a bit surprised we sent Keena out on loan considering our lack of strikers.  I suppose it's difficult to comment on our squad until the transfer window closes.  Could still be big changes.

Agreeing to Keena going out on loan gives me additional confidence that plans are very much in place for a striker or two - depending on KL.

We certainly won't be left with only one striker for the rest of the season which some posters seem to think is a possibility. Levein would not allow that to happen.

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Plenty time to get someone in

We'll have backs up plans, if an offer that can't be refused comes in. Because hearts like most clubs have a can't be refused category. It all depends if any offers fall into that category. If it doesn't, it'll be left to management to decide.

Seeing CL’s interview on STV earlier I have to say, he looked a bit stressed. Dont think this window is doing the mans health any good. 

31 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

Footballs a funny old game

CL head must be bursting at  the seems right now

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Seeing CL’s interview on STV earlier I have to say, he looked a bit stressed. Dont think this window is doing the mans health any good. 

Perhaps we should appoint a Director of Football to help him out.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, corryjambo said:

Perhaps we should appoint a Director of Football to help him out.

Or a manager so he can be dof?

11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Preparing for a game as well isn't ideal 

1 hour ago, johnmitchell said:

Sunderland are skint, they're a basket case of a club just like Rangers, any fee would be in instalments according to one of their fans I know, you'd think that with all the cash floating around down there though that £1-2M would be loose change to a Championship club, I guess it shows just how ****ed football really is! 

My brother in law is a Sunderland fan, he says despite the sale of Pickford, getting rid of high earners such as Borini and parachute payments they've only spent around £1.5m. 

They're proper skint.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

My brother in law is a Sunderland fan, he says despite the sale of Pickford, getting rid of high earners such as Borini and parachute payments they've only spent around £1.5m. 

They're proper skint.

Aye they're in trouble. Could be a Leeds job going down to the bottom end of League 1 and totally rebuilding fro the bottom up.

Coleman must've wanted a right big challenge eh

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Some amount of garbage on this thread

Agreed. 

1 minute ago, HoGwash said:

Save us Daz. Just a wee bit of hope would be nice :teehee:

No offer has been accepted and he will only go if

1, the money is right

2, we have a replacement lined up

3, it works for all 3 partys

I don't think he will be going tbh.

4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

They're proper skint.

To further demonstrate this, they are £159million in debt. 

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

No offer has been accepted and he will only go if

1, the money is right

2, we have a replacement lined up

3, it works for all 3 partys

I don't think he will be going tbh.

What else is happening Daza?

1 minute ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Oaft....exciting.anything tomorrow?

Just depends when I wake up and what I can get done. 

8 hours ago, Thomaso said:

:lion:

Naismith is not a main front man.  He plays behind or wide of the main front man.

Haha I know that, but we can’t get him then start expecting “a proper wow signing”.

Sow wasn’t a WOW signing when he was here the first time.

2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

No smoke without fire  so hardly a case without substance.

Hope you are not the judge in my trial FTH. 

Probably one of the phrases I despise the most. Anyone can make up any sort of old crap, and hey presto "No smoke without fire" makes it real. It has been used as the justification for ridiculous rumours for aeons. Needs ditching pronto, imo.

21 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

To further demonstrate this, they are £159million in debt. 

So 1 mill for lafferty won't make much of a difference...

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

How stupid would you need to be to think Craig Levein is intending  to let the window close and not have brought in another couple of players. 

Image result for hibs relegation party

...a bit disco
23 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Just depends when I wake up and what I can get done. 

:lol:

"When last year I spent more money, on spilled liquor, in bars from one side of this world to the other, than you made! You’re talking to the Rolex wearing, diamond ring wearing, kiss stealing, [WHOO!] wheelin dealin’, limousine riding, jet flying son of a gun and I'm having a hard time holding these alligators down!”

Archived