Lafferty targeted by Sunderland

Kendoll

3 hours ago, Bainy said:

Confident he's staying now. Hopefully in the team tonight. Sounds like Sunderland are in the poop and will see him as a cheap option, offer a crap offer that we will punt into touch and it will be all good.

That's my take on it too. Got a friend who's a Sunderland ST holder, who messaged me this morning with this snippet from a Sunderland website:

"it appears we have put all our eggs into one basket. We approached Hearts over the weekend and both the club and player are open to a move. The issue however is the fee. Hearts want between £500k to £1 for Lafferty, but our budget is ridiculously tight" 

Basically, they can't afford him. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Forrest said:

That's my take on it too. Got a friend who's a Sunderland ST holder, who messaged me this morning with this snippet from a Sunderland website:

"it appears we have put all our eggs into one basket. We approached Hearts over the weekend and both the club and player are open to a move. The issue however is the fee. Hearts want between £500k to £1 for Lafferty, but our budget is ridiculously tight" 

Crazy how despite the silly money on offer down south they're skint. 

Glad. Shame for their fans being in that situation but sounds like we get to keep our main man which can only be a good thing.

Guest Paul Allen
3 minutes ago, Forrest said:

The issue however is the fee. Hearts want between £500k to £1 for Lafferty, but our budget is ridiculously tight" 

Bloody hell they must really be skint!

3 minutes ago, Forrest said:

So Hearts said we want between 500k and a million for him?.Does anyone seriously believe that this is the way a club would enter any negotiations?.Absolute nonsense.

So, it doesn't look like Sunderland are going to make a serious move here that Hearts would consider.

Looks like Levein needs to focus on getting the deals done for the midfielder and 1 striker were were after anyway.

13 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Laff probably called Isma out for what he was. Lazy non team player. 

Not exactly. Must say it is quite a childish story. I’ve forgotten quite a few of the details but they basically used some smoothie or protein drink to destroy each others clothes. That’s probably only one of a number of incidents.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Four faces said:

So Hearts said we want between 500k and a million for him?.Does anyone seriously believe that this is the way a club would enter any negotiations?.Absolute nonsense.

Eh

Club say's were interested in player X.

Other club says ok, we'd only consider at X price, what you want to do?

Hardly nonesense, sounds perfectly reasonable.

£500k - £1m??

So we’ve said we want either one price or ‘double that price’?!

I seriously hope our negotiations are better than some make it out.

1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Eh

Yes, at X price makes perfect sense. 

Not X OR Z, being as far apart as £500k and £1m...

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Eh

Its not claimed x price was mentioned but that we wanted between 500k and 1m hence the nonsense comments. If we said we'd take 500k why would anyone offer above that??

500k - 1M I would like to see hearts be a bit more ambitious with their price since we are probably not needing to sell him. Would rather we pushed for more if Sunderland are serious. Absolutely no point is selling him and agreeing a payment plan to suit Sunderland that leaves us a striker short and not getting much up front.

I know with the stand shortfall it might be a case of taking £750k but you know if he was at a club down south the figure would be about 2/3M maybe more.

Still confident it wont happen.

Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

Eh

But why say between 500k and a million?.just say a million minimum  or 750k minimum.If i want to sell a car and ask for between 1k and 2k and am offered 1k and say no does that make sense?.Now if i say i want 2k then i can negotiate and may settle for 850 notes.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Bainy said:

500k - 1M I would like to see hearts be a bit more ambitious with their price since we are probably not needing to sell him. Would rather we pushed for more if Sunderland are serious. Absolutely no point is selling him and agreeing a payment plan to suit Sunderland that leaves us a striker short and not getting much up front.

I know with the stand shortfall it might be a case of taking £750k but you know if he was at a club down south the figure would be about 2/3M maybe more.

He was at a club down south and he went for nothing!

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He was at a club down south and he went for nothing!

Was he not technically a free agent after agreeing his release with Norwich.  He is under contract with us for the next two years so slightly different situation?

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

500k - 1m 

Is a load of garbage. FACT

Assume it’s significantly less then?!?

If Sunderland cant even afford to stick a £500k bid in for him then they must be totally ****ed.

There is no way Lafferty is being sold for anything less than £800k with 1.5 years left on his contract.

Hopefully he is in the team tonight and plays a blinder.

31 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Our reply to Sunderland was. Are you Rangers in disguise?

Funny you should say that - their chief exec is Martin Bain, and the fans absolutely hate him. 

Just passing on what the Sunderland fans are saying. I'm making no claim to being itk, or that they're itk. 

Riddley Walker
23 minutes ago, Four faces said:

But why say between 500k and a million?.just say a million minimum  or 750k minimum.If i want to sell a car and ask for between 1k and 2k and am offered 1k and say no does that make sense?.Now if i say i want 2k then i can negotiate and may settle for 850 notes.

It's some boy on the Sunderland forum, not Sunderland ffs.

Busby nets the rebound

I really hope we get the chance to see Laff and Naismith up front tonight. With the young lad Demetri charging forward. Will be quite a handful..

45 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

Bloody hell they must really be skint!

Their CE is a Martin Bain.

Absolutely delighted Craig's told any interested parties to show him the money or forget it. 

Looking forward to seeing Laff and Naisy tearing this league up for erse paper. 

40 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

You think that's too high or too low?

Too Low. Levien is a smart guy he is not going to say he isn't for sale but make us an offer between 500k-1mil. If sunderland were as interested as they are being made out, Levien will 100% have a fixed price in his mind. He is not going to say throw us anything between 500k and we will sell. I don't see him leaving. 

I could see how it was possible to be 500k-1m. Say we said 500k cash now, or we'll take maybe 700k in 7 monthly instalments and another 300 if you avoid relegation. Just as an example

16 hours ago, Taffin said:

No other strikers, SOS call...2 million+ please.

EXACTLY!!!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

£500k seems too low for a player of Lafferty's experience/quality. I would be disappointed if he left for that.

£1m+ and we can talk.

44 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

500k - 1m 

Is a load of garbage. FACT

Maybe the guy is guessing what Hearts quoted Sunderland and thinks it was between 500k and a Mill . 

Anyone that  thinks that  was Hearts response is somewhere between a clown and a moron . 

He probably knows the  same as most of us which is the square route of heewaw at the moment . 

According to Sky's Keith Downie on twitter - Sunderland wont be bidding for Lafferty.

Hopefully its true. That said, Keith is a Hearts fan so may just be trying to put them off!

Special Agent Dale Cooper
6 minutes ago, seebeegee said:

According to Sky's Keith Downie on twitter - Sunderland wont be bidding for Lafferty.

Hopefully its true. That said, Keith is a Hearts fan so may just be trying to put them off!

That'll be the banks call I reckon.

The ever growing market prices seem to have left our game behind. A decade or so ago we got £9,000,000 for a keeper - 

Now the same club, allegedly, want to give us 1/18th of that price for our best striker

The mind boggles

Son Of Anarchy

Craig's said there's been no contact although he's heard the rumours. He's savvy. He'll either make us a mint out the deal if there is one to be made or we get to see SN/KL rip defenses for big roll.

35 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Still think this story is nonsense and planted to try and unsettle our team before playing Celtic.

:spoton:

Arseholes trying to make sure a repeat of the last result won't happen again.

**** them Hearts we want 5!!

32 minutes ago, Mollo said:

The ever growing market prices seem to have left our game behind. A decade or so ago we got £9,000,000 for a keeper - 

Now the same club, allegedly, want to give us 1/18th of that price for our best striker

The mind boggles

Totally agree with this. The money that gets spent at English clubs on average players is outrageous.

How much would Lafferty be worth if he was playing for Sunderland and stil had 1.5 years on his contract?

5 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Totally agree with this. The money that gets spent at English clubs on average players is outrageous.

How much would Lafferty be worth if he was playing for Sunderland and stil had 1.5 years on his contract?

Exactly. Quick look at Celtic's transfer prices received - 2006 they get £6.5m for Petrov, under a decade later they get £11.5m for VVD

We sell Gordon for £9m in 2007 and over a decade later we talking £0.5m for our best striker.

I know, before I am panned for it, that it is not a direct comparison - but Celtic's best players are up circa £5m in that time.

No wonder clubs can't compete.

12 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

£8.99 max

2 hours ago, Bainy said:

Exactly!!!   £2m is a pittance transfer wise down south!

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Still think this story is nonsense and planted to try and unsettle our team before playing Celtic.

Maybe it's unsettling Celtic.......

21 minutes ago, Alva-Jambo said:

Hearts are a larger club than Soonderlund. 

Sunderland have seen a significant drop in crowds since being relegated and are struggling in the Championship.

However they still average around 30000 at home games.

With proper investment and good ownership would be one of England's best supported clubs.

Seymour M Hersh
49 minutes ago, Alva-Jambo said:

Hearts are a larger club than Soonderlund. 

The Heart of Midlothian is definitely a bigger name then Sunderland! Fact! 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The Heart of Midlothian is definitely a bigger name then Sunderland! Fact! 

But not bigger than The Sunderland Athletic Football Club  ;) 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, graygo said:

But not bigger than The Sunderland Athletic Football Club  ;) 

Boooooo you with facts of truth. Booooo you again.

Archived