Lafferty targeted by Sunderland

Kendoll

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Lafferty is enjoying his time at Hearts and given we’re already trying to get 2 other forwards moved on I can’t see this happening . Shambles of a club Sunderland . 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

No smoke without fire on this occasion I'm afraid folks.

Damn man, I hope its decent money if its happening.

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Any idea who we might target Notts? Sow?

scott herbertson
Just now, tcjambo said:

Any idea who we might target Notts? Sow?

Would they sell Sow when they have no manager (also is he good enough any more?)

I can't see it on Daily Record website?

Hope he isn't away unless we bring in better. He said he wants to stay here for a long time... so unless it is a club decision ... 

Just now, scott herbertson said:

Would they sell Sow when they have no manager (also is he good enough any more?)

Some players - some clubs. I think OS possibly falls into that category

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

They do have a manager.

I think that people need to potentially realize that despite some significant moves Lafferty may well need to take advantage of anything that may put some coin back in his coffers. Putting aside what would appear to be a genuine affection for his short time at Hearts, my suspicion is that his financial reality might not be great given his off the field issues and another move to England may assist greatly in that respect. It may be a case of needs must and whilst from a footballing perspective he may prefer to play at Hearts for the next couple of years these persistent rumours ain't going away. If Hearts are recompensed properly I can see him going.

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Thats disappointing news.

5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I would assume we are looking at another striker then?

If as appears more and more possible we lose Isma, Lafferty and Stockton we are going to need more than one striker!!

Right folks. This has already been said by another poster a couple of weeks ago but what I will confirm is this.

What was said by a certain ex President on the Lafferty red card thread is bang on the cash.

There’s a fekin surprise - the weegie press stirring it up what a week before we go to the slum in Glasgow next week.

sunderland is a basket case club that is dire. 

I hate the media in this country. What a lot of shite. Some folk and some press have been constantly needling away on this “Lafferty away , Lafferty not happy” stories despite the fact both player and club have called it as crap.

maybe money will talk but seriously that club ? Absolute shamble so they are.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Right folks. This has already been said by another poster a couple of weeks ago but what I will confirm is this.

What was said by a certain ex President on the Lafferty red card thread is bang on the cash.

Can someone pls confirm what this means. It's too late to be going through threads on here

3 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I can't see it on Daily Record website?

Hope he isn't away unless we bring in better. He said he wants to stay here for a long time... so unless it is a club decision ... 

Back page tomorrow. Seen it in the preview thing, along with Scotland players boycotting Scotlands friendlies and something about Dembele. 

Jambof3tornado

You could at least link the post lol.

2 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Please be true!!

Get a grip ffs - why the hell would you say that ? Potentially he’s going to be our first 20+goal a season forward in how many years ?

what a ridiculous statement

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I think that people need to potentially realize that despite some significant moves Lafferty may well need to take advantage of anything that may put some coin back in his coffers. Putting aside what would appear to be a genuine affection for his short time at Hearts, my suspicion is that his financial reality might not be great given his off the field issues and another move to England may assist greatly in that respect. It may be a case of needs must and whilst from a footballing perspective he may prefer to play at Hearts for the next couple of years these persistent rumours ain't going away. If Hearts are recompensed properly I can see him going.

Couldn't be more wrong.

I thought something had happened as his twitter behaviour has been shocking recently.

For a professional that is.

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

They do have a manager.

Hadn't notived - my bad. Still a bit early for him to move people on I'd have  thought, but we'll see. Sows record since leaving us isn't great ( 9 goals in 58 games I make it)

If we are talking about signing former players, I'd rather we bought Zeefuik. He knows how to score. We have the players to get the ball to him now.

Couldn't be more wrong.

Fair enough, I'm sure you know Lafferty's financial situation inside out  :thumbsup: 

Why would he leave then if he is happy to be at Hearts. He is under contract. The club can't force him to go! 

Jambof3tornado

Nah. I do enough work in the window??

Hahaha.

I'd hate to see us changing too many players but as usual if the money is right then fair enough.

1 minute ago, MacPhee said:

I thought something had happened as his twitter behaviour has been shocking recently.

For a professional that is.

Why ? Calling a so called presenter for what he is ? Or rather standing up for himself ?

anything other than that or have I missed something important or controversial?

way I see it is that he’s the type we’ve needed. Or do we go back to the likes of the Greek pussies ?

lafferty is vital to our team as far as I’m concerned 

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Get a grip ffs - why the hell would you say that ? Potentially he’s going to be our first 20+goal a season forward in how many years ?

what a ridiculous statement

Look your intitled to your opinion, mine is I don't rate the guy as a football player. 

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Like I’ve said, give us at least )1 million and I’ll drive him there myself.

Aye , cause we’ve been shite since he’s arrived right enough . Jesus Christ , some folk

An experienced current internationalist at a good age.

18mths left on contract.

Big English club interested?

£1m please 

1 minute ago, Paris 84 said:

Look your intitled to your opinion, mine is I don't rate the guy as a football player. 

your opinion is shite. Why out of interest ?

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Nah. I do enough work in the window??

Gonnae just say instead of hinting then, I really can't be arsed with pointlesly searching when you know

Was told over two months ago that we were looking to get rid of Walker, Isma & Lafferty although I was sceptical it is starting to look true. I personally think out of the three we need to keep Lafferty but what will be, will be.

He's a good player at this level and I'd like to see how Naismith and him combine, especially with pace down the wings and more balance in the side. 

At 30 year old, signed on a free and not exactly indispensable, an offer of 900k-1.5million would be difficult to refuse.

The thing is that if Sunderland come in for him the chances are that he would slap in a transfer request. For the very simple reason that Sunderland as a recent EPL side will pay nice big fat wages. 

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Fair enough, I'm sure you know Lafferty's financial situation inside out  :thumbsup: 

Why would he leave then if he is happy to be at Hearts. He is under contract. The club can't force him to go! 

I know nothing about his financial situation. The same as you know nothing about his financial situation.

I do though know what is behind this story that has been under the surface for weeks.

Ive given you a big clue further up the thread.

I know nothing about his financial situation. The same as you know nothing about his financial situation.

I do though know what is behind this story that has been under the surface for weeks.

Ive given you a big clue further up the thread.

Possibly too subtle ??

Can someone find this ex President's posts in the red card threat and figure out what it is? I am not on here often so no idea what ex President means unless someone's name is Obama or Bush or whatever. 

Archived