Lafferty targeted by Sunderland

Kendoll

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

But not bigger than The Sunderland Athletic Football Club  ;) 

That’s not their name though. SAFC means Sunderland Association Football Club.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

That’s not their name though. SAFC means Sunderland Association Football Club.

Boooooo you with facts of truth. Booooo you again.

That makes them a bigger name - Boooo even more.

3 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

It's some boy on the Sunderland forum, not Sunderland ffs.

FFS,I'm well aware of that chum.What i'm saying is that the boy's story where these were the figures quoted  is bull$&!t .By the way meant to say i might settle for 1850 notes in the car analogy.I'm no stoopid.

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Exactly!!!   £2m is a pittance transfer wise down south!

Ross McCormack has went for a total of about 25M FFS.

:-)

Ross McCormack

15 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

I went for a bath.

Came back.

Opened this thread.

**** sake.

:rofl:

Some people had the cheek to greet about a few Billie Piper pics as well.

Indeed. Absolute nonsense :lol:

maroonlegions
18 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

This is what you said...Money takes eh, all that shite about Laff being happy as feck at Hearts and living in Edinburgh and teaming up with best freind Naisy......

As for there being no smoke without fire, that must mean every rumour on here must be true, as in your book there is no smoke without fire. I don't think so.

That was not aimed at Laff, it was a statement of fact that money does  talk if the price is right but you knew that anyway. 

Also it was you who took my statement as blaming Laff, it was a dig at the media and rumours on here that he is happy with teaming up with Naisy.   What rumours are you referring to then, you mean the facts that Sunderland HAVE made approaches , Seems that its you who cannot differentiate between rumours and facts,  puts a different meaning on  smoke with out fire in this case. 

maroonlegions
17 hours ago, redjambo said:

Probably one of the phrases I despise the most. Anyone can make up any sort of old crap, and hey presto "No smoke without fire" makes it real. It has been used as the justification for ridiculous rumours for aeons. Needs ditching pronto, imo.

Well if there is smoke were did it come from and what caused it, fire maybe.:laugh:

What about no fire without smoke. :laugh:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The bit that confuses me about this thread. When we got Lafferty, we knew he came with baggage, to believe he came through our door and suddenly turned into Peter Perfect is naïve at best.

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Who's smoking ,what?

And where was there a fire?

Who started the fire that led to all that  smoke in the bong. :rolleyes5:

Sky Transfer centre - Transfers likely to happen

No mention of Lafferty to Sunderland, but they are after Andy Lonergan from Leeds Utd

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The bit that confuses me about this thread. When we got Lafferty, we knew he came with baggage, to believe he came through our door and suddenly turned into Peter Perfect is naïve at best.

Indeed. He came to us with a bad boy reputation about 5 months ago, and since then, he’s admitted being a gambling addict. Yet, people were referring to the fact that Levein didn’t cite him as a good influence as proof to support the idea we were trying to punt him! 

2 minutes ago, OBOOOA BLAIR said:

Maybe  no signing a striker . Recalled tordov from livi 

Zanatta off to Raith though!

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

It's a loan roundabout with us these days!

we are up to 9 players away on loan, and I still think there will be a few more by the end of tomorrow.

4 hours ago, luckydug said:

Sunderland have seen a significant drop in crowds since being relegated and are struggling in the Championship.

However they still average around 30000 at home games.

With proper investment and good ownership would be one of England's best supported clubs.

In that league Wolves had a £37 million  bid turned down only days ago may not be the exact figure but 30+ for sure saw it in the Cardiff forum while I was looking to see if Cardiff had bid for McGinn.

4 hours ago, luckydug said:

Sunderland have seen a significant drop in crowds since being relegated and are struggling in the Championship.

With proper investment and good ownership would be one of England's best supported clubs.

You could say the exact same thing for Newcastle, Wolves, Villa, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Forest, Derby etc. Barring a takeover from an Arab trillionaire they'll continue to be a mediocre win **** all team.

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

You could say the exact same thing for Newcastle, Wolves, Villa, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Forest, Derby etc. Barring a takeover from an Arab trillionaire they'll continue to be a mediocre win **** all team.

Wolves dont fall into that category. They are owned by a chinese investment group Fosun International. They had a bid for Silva turned down by AC Milan this month. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Championship football is well paid played in large stadia and importantly has variety. 

Scottish football suffered for familiarity for a long time now 

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, graygo said:

But not bigger than The Sunderland Athletic Football Club  ;) 

Do we not get to add Football Club as well? Which may still leave us 1 short but I have to be honest in saying I've never seen Sunderland called that. :laugh:

On 29/01/2018 at 12:36, Saughton Jambo said:

KL won’t be in the squad tomorrow. Can’t risk him in case of injury, as no one will buy an injured striker. Lots going on behind the scenes just now.

:lol:

DUzzRDgW4AAQVTu.jpg

Just now, Hood09 said:

Naisy on bench ?

Sure someone said earlier hes knackered given hes not played much before he arrived. 

Big impact sub in 2nd half :thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Championship football is well paid played in large stadia and importantly has variety. 

Scottish football suffered for familiarity for a long time now 

True off topic but I'd rather play pars , Falkirk and Dundee United twice for example than hamilton or killie 3 or 4 times (excluding cup games). Championship is about 5 or 6 most watched league in Europe in terms of crowds.

I'm here to guess that Levein was asked by a known Hibee reporter what Lafferty's evaluation would be, and responded with "you know, between FIVE hundred thousand and ONE million pounds," using both hands to illustrate the range while grinning.

52 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Do we not get to add Football Club as well? Which may still leave us 1 short but I have to be honest in saying I've never seen Sunderland called that. :laugh:

It's worse, someone pointed out that is Sunderland Association Football Club. Much bigger than us  ;) 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

True off topic but I'd rather play pars , Falkirk and Dundee United twice for example than hamilton or killie 3 or 4 times (excluding cup games). Championship is about 5 or 6 most watched league in Europe in terms of crowds.

Agreed. Connected to the topic I think as it's one of the selling points. Once you've done it for a few years can be wearing 46 games a season. 

Back home SPL 2 or an extension of the Premier would be my wish

On 1/29/2018 at 15:57, BigDave'sHeed said:

Indeed, some folk need to engage their brain before posting.

Who knows, we might have lost v hibs if Lafferty was playing, we might also have won 5-0....

Folk assuming on here that if sow stayed we'd have not only beat hibs but won the cup...... 

On 1/29/2018 at 16:08, Thomaso said:

We had nobody who could hold the ball up for us in the second half against Hibs in that SC tie when we were 2-0 up.  Sow would have done that.

No-one saying we'd have won the cup had Sow stayed, but  Hearts got more from him as a player than we ever got out of Douda who was pretty anonymous against hibs.

Had we got through that tie, ( and I personally think that the loss of Sow was a huge factor in us not doing so), I'd have fancied our chances against Inverness, Dundee Utd and rangers .

We got our million bucks, but the revenue we lost from not taking that gamble and keeping him was a hell of a lot more.

Hindsight is easy, but I was of the same opinion when the transfer was going through.

The point made clearly, was the comparison in selling/not selling a key player and how it adversely affected our cup run and ability to make substantially more from it than the transfer fee we received.

We took the money in 2016 and suffered for it

Thankfully it now appears that we are not taking that gamble this time.

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

No-one saying we'd have won the cup had Sow stayed, but  Hearts got more from him as a player than we ever got out of Douda who was pretty anonymous against hibs.

Had we got through that tie, ( and I personally think that the loss of Sow was a huge factor in us not doing so), I'd have fancied our chances against Inverness, Dundee Utd and rangers .

We got our million bucks, but the revenue we lost from not taking that gamble and keeping him was a hell of a lot more.

Hindsight is easy, but I was of the same opinion when the transfer was going through.

The point made clearly, was the comparison in selling/not selling a key player and how it adversely affected our cup run and ability to make substantially more from it than the transfer fee we received.

We took the money in 2016 and suffered for it

Thankfully it now appears that we are not taking that gamble this time.

Aye, if we keep our better players we will probably do better.

17 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Aye, if we keep our better players we will probably do better.

Exactly

yabadabadoo1874again

Sunderland come to their senses...

... and moonwalk backwards silently...making good their escape ...breathing a sigh of relief...

8 hours ago, luckydug said:

If Hearts were playing in the English league, even if it was the Championnship we would be averaging gates of at least 30,000. That is of course if we had the capacity. The Enlish league is simply a better product than the Scottish league, plus traveling supports to Edinburgh would be in the thousands, not the few hundred that most SPL clubs bring to Tynecastle.

13 minutes ago, Jambos4life said:

I genuinely think it be a big mistake us selling Lafferty at this point 

But we're not. 

:mellow:

43 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

Can put this to bed he is not going anywhere! 

Didn't look that way when he threw his top into the crowd at full time.

Archived