Jump to content
Geoff Kilpatrick

Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Recommended Posts

kingantti1874

If this is going to happen it needs to happen soon.. Hopefully we have another plan B.. As I think first plan B was maclaren  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth

Oops, I should have checked the date, apologies :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mister Dee

I'm slightly more hopefully of us signing him now that Cummings has signed for Rangers. 

Interestingly, there is no comment on the Hun forums that I occasionally look in (& laugh) on. 

They appear to be not interested, and any occasional comment is full of seethe. 

 

If he does come here, he'll have a chance getting back into the the Scotland set up, be guaranteed game time,  & will have the opportunity to work with younger players (as he has previously stated). 

Young HC would benefit from playing alongside him, I'm sure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
4 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Oops, I should have checked the date, apologies :lol: 

 

Dick

 

:facepalm: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

Dick

 

:facepalm: 

 

Oh come on, I broke the Scott Fraser one, gimme some credit :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

 

Oh come on, I broke the Scott Fraser one, gimme some credit :lol: 

 

Seems even that was a bit premature.

 

Jamie Borthwick Retweeted STV Sport

Per @TyroneSTV - Hearts among the teams looking at the player, but no agreement reached.

 

:whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tynecastlesmychurch
12 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Oops, I should have checked the date, apologies :lol: 

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
4 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

 

Oh come on, I broke the Scott Fraser one, gimme some credit :lol: 

 

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

 

Seems even that was a bit premature.

 

Jamie Borthwick Retweeted STV Sport

Per @TyroneSTV - Hearts among the teams looking at the player, but no agreement reached.

 

:whistling:

 

See?

 

Dick!

 

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
53 minutes ago, Ryder said:

 

Agree with all of this. Hope this is all okay to discuss though. The OP asks for signing NEWS only.

I don't want to say anything further :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
20 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

 

Seems even that was a bit premature.

 

Jamie Borthwick Retweeted STV Sport

Per @TyroneSTV - Hearts among the teams looking at the player, but no agreement reached.

 

:whistling:

 

19 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

 

See?

 

Dick!

 

:rofl:

 

My source on this one is very unlikely and unexpected, but he's well in the know at United, and he tells me it's a done deal, although nothing confirmed by either party yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
1 minute ago, johnmitchell said:

 

 

My source on this one is very unlikely and unexpected, but he's well in the know at United, and he tells me it's a done deal, although nothing confirmed by either party yet. 

I always admire people nailing their colours to the mast online! Woe betide you John if Lennon gazumps :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
Just now, Sir Gio said:

I always admire people nailing their colours to the mast online! Woe betide you John if Lennon gazumps :lol:

 

Ach well, shit happens :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo

Naismith only on here please. 

 

My heid is already mince. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
46 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Thats a whole new team they are going for.... not surprised by they are set to reject it. Assuming the stories about Brighton have credence. There will be very limited up front money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

 

 

My source on this one is very unlikely and unexpected, but he's well in the know at United, and he tells me it's a done deal, although nothing confirmed by either party yet. 

 

It's not unusual for pre-contract agreements not to be announced. 

 

Some clubs prefer not to. Partly for player, partly to not piss off their fans. Different with Fraser being injured perhaps but United still paying his wages and looking after him while injured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

If this is going to happen it needs to happen soon.. Hopefully we have another plan B.. As I think first plan B was maclaren  

 

MacLaren was never a plan B to Naismith surely. The timescales and behaviour wouldn’t make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar

Rangers have agreed a loan deal with Norwich.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For Russell Martin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finny1981

Were signing no one that will be playing on Sunday imagine the rage on here ???????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Finny1981 said:

Were signing no one that will be playing on Sunday imagine the rage on here ???????

200.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We_are_the_Hearts

If we lose on Sunday then there aint much point of signing him. Season will be over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
6 minutes ago, Finny1981 said:

Were signing no one that will be playing on Sunday imagine the rage on here ???????

And rightly so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

If we lose on Sunday then there aint much point of signing him. Season will be over.

I imagine today is deadline day for Naismith. We'll know one way or another by tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
4 hours ago, Barack said:

Oh, really? The Sun are reporting that? 

 

Close thread then.

 

If its in the Sun then it must be true :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874

We should use the Walker cash and the leonard cash to buy Jones or Cadden. Or at least drive the Jones price up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bozi
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

What did the Rockers request?

They were quite happy with the anarchic nature of the previous thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
7 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

If we lose on Sunday then there aint much point of signing him. Season will be over.

I would still like to press on and take 4th, with a strong possibility of Europe as a result. Depends what sort of deal we are planning,  a loan deal may only be keeping him warm for someone else, but there is much to play for beyond Sunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
9 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

If we lose on Sunday then there aint much point of signing him. Season will be over.

Unless we want him for next season as well. The world won’t end and we we will still have a team to strengthen going forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack
7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

 

If its in the Sun then it must be true :unsure:

Well of course, Marv.

 

Surprised their “exclusives” aren’t etched in stone somewhere, for future civilizations to find.

 

 

 

And laugh at.

Edited by Barack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Escobar PHM
10 minutes ago, ISMAparty said:

I imagine today is deadline day for Naismith. We'll know one way or another by tomorrow.

Nothing Naismith or Norwich have said indicates that we are anywhere along the path to signing him. The only thing that even hints at us going for him is an unattributed 'Hearts have enquired' piece which appeared in some papers last week.

 

We have a couple of ITK posters who've maybe heard of our interest from sources and possibly flowered it up into something it isn't YET.

 

If I'm in Naismith's shoes I want to go to Rangers now or Kilmarnock later. If Rangers don't come calling I'm staying where I am, picking up my massive salary, playing with the unders and making sure my badges are done in preparation for later life. I don't see Hearts as an option unless Levein is VERY persuasive and the money we're offering isn't entirely offensive to him.

 

If we get him, he's POTENTIALLY  a very good signing. They don't all work out but he's got real class and a great attitude and so the likelihood of it working out is far higher. I just don't think we're seriously on his radar as an option. That's purely my personal opinion. If he runs out of options and he really desperately wants to come home ( sort of) then we've a chance if we're the only game in town I suppose.

Edited by Escobar PHM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I would still like to press on and take 4th, with a strong possibility of Europe as a result. Depends what sort of deal we are planning,  a loan deal may only be keeping him warm for someone else, but there is much to play for beyond Sunday

Loved European nights back in the 80s and 90s but it's pretty crap now as weighted so much to the big teams. Some shitty tie in Azerbaijan or the likes in June just ****s up next seasons preparations, unless we treat them like friendlies like the last time. Cups and Hampden visits are what it should be about for teams like us. Time to sort that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I would still like to press on and take 4th, with a strong possibility of Europe as a result. Depends what sort of deal we are planning,  a loan deal may only be keeping him warm for someone else, but there is much to play for beyond Sunday

 

This... take away the fun and we end up back with the abuse and constant melancholy. Sunday is massive but by no means all over for the season. We have steadily been building this season from a point of chaos and no reason we cant overhaul Hibs at worst. There is little between Rangers , Hearts , Hibs and Kilmarnock at present. Rangers mid season full rebuild could go two ways add to that the financial and boardroom things and it could go backwards. Hibs have added options but not really strengthened. Likewise with Kilmarnock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
andrew
12 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

If we lose on Sunday then there aint much point of signing him. Season will be over.

 

Defo mate, it's not like we can still finish 4th and qualify for Europe.

 

:facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Unless we want him for next season as well. The world won’t end and we we will still have a team to strengthen going forward. 

That would make a difference but doubt we could afford that unless we introduce him to the coaching side as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

Definitely about rebuilding momentum, and getting at least 4th would give us some. Kind of how I feel on Europe, but surely if we have any ambition we need to be trying to break that cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

 

This... take away the fun and we end up back with the abuse and constant melancholy. Sunday is massive but by no means all over for the season. We have steadily been building this season from a point of chaos and no reason we cant overhaul Hibs at worst. There is little between Rangers , Hearts , Hibs and Kilmarnock at present. Rangers mid season full rebuild could go two ways add to that the financial and boardroom things and it could go backwards. Hibs have added options but not really strengthened. Likewise with Kilmarnock. 

 

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Loved European nights back in the 80s and 90s but it's pretty crap now as weighted so much to the big teams. Some shitty tie in Azerbaijan or the likes in June just ****s up next seasons preparations, unless we treat them like friendlies like the last time. Cups and Hampden visits are what it should be about for teams like us. Time to sort that

Sorry see above, never got the hang of multi quote  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Nothing Naismith or Norwich have said indicates that we are anywhere along the path to signing him. The only thing that even hints at us going for him is an unattributed 'Hearts have enquired' piece which appeared in some papers last week.

 

We have a couple of ITK posters who've maybe heard of our interest from sources and possibly flowered it up into something it isn't YET.

 

If I'm in Naismith's shoes I want to go to Rangers now or Kilmarnock later. If Rangers don't come calling I'm staying where I am, picking up my massive salary, playing with the unders and making sure my badges are done in preparation for later life. I don't see Hearts as an option unless Levein is VERY persuasive and the money we're offering isn't entirely offensive to him.

 

If we get him, he's POTENTIALLY  a very good signing. They don't all work out but he's got real class and a great attitude and so the likelihood of it working out is far higher. I just don't think we're seriously on his radar as an option. That's purely my personal opinion. If he runs out of options and he is really desperately wants to come home ( sort of) then we've a chance if we're the only game in town I suppose.

Hearts tick many of the boxes in his interview the other day. Fine words can be twisted but we are definately an option. Might not happen but we have a lot of attractive qualities for older good pros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Straight outa peebles.

:isee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WageThief
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We should use the Walker cash and the leonard cash to buy Jones or Cadden. Or at least drive the Jones price up 

 

Shouldn't be hard to drive the Jones price up, although I imagine it'd only do harm to whichever English side signs him in the summer.  According to the Killie forum sevco offered 125k up front for Jones, with the rest possibly coming later.  Which sounds about right.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hearts tick many of the boxes in his interview the other day. Fine words can be twisted but we are definately an option. Might not happen but we have a lot of attractive qualities for older good pros

Yes of course we do, but he mentioned Rangers and Kilmarnock by name (he's not spoken to neither of them according to him) I didnt say it wasn't happening but we're clearly not the name he'd write on a bit of paper if you asked him to pick his next club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Busby8
1 minute ago, WageThief said:

 

Shouldn't be hard to drive the Jones price up, although I imagine it'd only do harm to whichever English side signs him in the summer.  According to the Killie forum sevco offered 125k up front for Jones, with the rest possibly coming later.  Which sounds about right.

 

 

 

Or in rangers way of doing things, just the £125k then ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bring Back Paulo Sergio
7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Nothing Naismith or Norwich have said indicates that we are anywhere along the path to signing him. The only thing that even hints at us going for him is an unattributed 'Hearts have enquired' piece which appeared in some papers last week.

 

We have a couple of ITK posters who've maybe heard of our interest from sources and possibly flowered it up into something it isn't YET.

 

If I'm in Naismith's shoes I want to go to Rangers now or Kilmarnock later. If Rangers don't come calling I'm staying where I am, picking up my massive salary, playing with the unders and making sure my badges are done in preparation for later life. I don't see Hearts as an option unless Levein is VERY persuasive and the money we're offering isn't entirely offensive to him.

 

If we get him, he's POTENTIALLY  a very good signing. They don't all work out but he's got real class and a great attitude and so the likelihood of it working out is far higher. I just don't think we're seriously on his radar as an option. That's purely my personal opinion. If he runs out of options and he really desperately wants to come home ( sort of) then we've a chance if we're the only game in town I suppose.

 

I honestly didn't think we would sign him but Daza seems confident of it happening and so far his reputation for getting these thingsservices right is pretty high. He wants to go to Rangers but it seems clear to me that they're not interested. He's got a slim chance to get into the Scotland squad with us. He won't get near the squad if he joins killie.

 

It all depends on how much he wants to come back to Scotland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
11 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Nothing Naismith or Norwich have said indicates that we are anywhere along the path to signing him. The only thing that even hints at us going for him is an unattributed 'Hearts have enquired' piece which appeared in some papers last week.

 

We have a couple of ITK posters who've maybe heard of our interest from sources and possibly flowered it up into something it isn't YET.

 

If I'm in Naismith's shoes I want to go to Rangers now or Kilmarnock later. If Rangers don't come calling I'm staying where I am, picking up my massive salary, playing with the unders and making sure my badges are done in preparation for later life. I don't see Hearts as an option unless Levein is VERY persuasive and the money we're offering isn't entirely offensive to him.

 

If we get him, he's POTENTIALLY  a very good signing. They don't all work out but he's got real class and a great attitude and so the likelihood of it working out is far higher. I just don't think we're seriously on his radar as an option. That's purely my personal opinion. If he runs out of options and he really desperately wants to come home ( sort of) then we've a chance if we're the only game in town I suppose.

Sky Sports News had it on their bar. SKY SOURCES: Hearts are close to reaching an agreement with Norwich for Steven Naismith. Rangers and Kilmarnock are also expected to make bids.

 

Was there for 2 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...