Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Clark Griswold
58 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Egg, meet many faces.

Kirk Broadfoot sure gets around these days.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darth Sidious
23 minutes ago, ISMAparty said:

Would have been better a permanent deal. We'll be getting his up stuff speed to sign for Rangers in the summer. 

Strange one, would have preferred a permanent deal, think we would be getting him ready for Killie more like.

Hopefully when it is announced there is some provision to extend the deal and Naismith seems up for it.

8 hours ago, RS86 said:

Hats off to Daza, put his neck on the line and plenty went for it. All looking positive though :). Wait and see what transpires now

and his baws

15 hours ago, Markymark said:

Called it. Full of shite. You did. You know it can’t be quoted as last thread deleted.

Had you not thrown shite patter about Diarra into the mix then you’d have got away with an easier ride.

Think this post was to Daz. Must have been loads of these

Just impolite really 

34 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Fairly evident he meant who's next to apologise, as I say quite childish.

Lets all just be happy if this comes off and the guy has been right.

Of he has been right then hats off to him.

I took it that he meant who is next signing wise. Might be wrong.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Darth Sidious said:

Strange one, would have preferred a permanent deal, think we would be getting him ready for Killie more like.

Hopefully when it is announced there is some provision to extend the deal and Naismith seems up for it.

I initially thought that buy if Naismith shines at a Hearts Rangers would surely make a move for him regardless of what some of their fans think? Either that or they're more stupid than what I thought. 

Whoever he eventually signs for it won't be us IMO.  He has his heart set on Rangers and Killie will be his 2nd choice.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Think this post was to Daz. Must have been loads of these

Just impolite really 

If you check back a page page or two you will see that Markymark has unreservedly apologised to Daz, which is fair enough.

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

If you check back a page page or two you will see that Markymark has unreservedly apologised to Daz, which is fair enough.

Also had PM'd me an apology.

scott herbertson
Just now, ISMAparty said:

I initially thought that buy if Naismith shines at a Hearts Rangers would surely make a move for him regardless of what some of their fans think? Either that or they're more stupid than what I thought. 

Whoever he eventually signs for it won't be us IMO.  He has his heart set on Rangers and Killie will be his 2nd choice.

I hope and think that that is “old news” and that we have grown past the point where Rangers can just pick who they want. Their fiascos with Walker and the Kilmarnock laddie suggest they can no longer offer the ridiculous money that trumped common sense in the past.

over the last 10 years or so players who have come to Hearts have been pretty desperate to stay, with the blip of the admin times. When’s the last time we have had a transfer request submitted ? For example.

i think if Naismith settles in the Edinburgh and Hearts experience will be very tempting for him longer term, as it has been for other older internationalists - Cowie, Hughes, Berra, Lafferty....

Almost done and dusted then. Fantastic signing for us as long as there are no last minute hiccups.

Lets just get this over the line and forget that this thread ever happened.

scott herbertson
Just now, dazajmbo said:

Also had PM'd me an apology.

Well done on being right, and thanks for sharing your ITK information which is always good to read.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

No idea why your saying that to me mate. At no stage did I quote you. Attack you or doubt you or comment on anything you said

Nah not much

:rofl:

bringonthesevco

Daz ,  any insight into what the “summer conversation” has been , is your feeling that if the loan goes well permanent signing is a likely option or is it back to an even playing field for “what’s next” ??

Once Naismith come to Hearts he won’t want to be anywhere near Killie in the medium term.

But I agree if he plays well Rangers and other clubs down south will be looking to take him from Norwich.

Would be great if we had an option on him.

1 minute ago, bringonthesevco said:

Daz ,  any insight into what the “summer conversation” has been , is your feeling that if the loan goes well permanent signing is a likely option or is it back to an even playing field for “what’s next” ??

Loan with an option is now Hearts preffered move. Don't know which way the deal will go through but he will join us for now. 

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Loan with an option is now Hearts preffered move. Don't know which way the deal will go through but he will join us for now. 

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

Fair play daza. Never doubted ye. Very exciting times if we pull this off. Be good to hear from naisy what's attracted hI'm to us. 

Just shows hibs getting the aussie boy we obviously knew we had a good chance with naismith that we never went all in for the guy that hibs ended up getting. Much prefer to have naisy

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Well done Daza ???

Pic of Daz going to his laptop this am to post on jkb.

1dna9n.jpg

Got heaps of abuse from him on the old thread and a few comments on here, him saying the above was probably the nicest one I got.

It's also the lazy man's option as it's  the only one quoted on this page!

SuperstarSteve

Daz and the rest of the ITK... this is your day! Give them hell boys.

fair play and a big thank you for sharing your info  ?

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

Daz and Notts are reliable itk posters. Their track record proves this.

And PTBCAL

Just now, The Merse said:

Nice scoop from Daz.

Now, this midfielder? Was this legitimate or a wind-up?

Our 1st option fell through. We then had to change the accepted offer from Norwich so our attention wen't onto the loan move. I believe getting SN in is now priority and although we would like a midfielder in we have changed our stance. CL wants Naismith in before derby. Then search the market again. Fraser expected to arrive in summer, and Ryan Gauld could be the man in the summer we go for now. 

jack D and coke
54 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Love Hearts fans it's incredible how everything is now gospel in the Daily Record.

I don't doubt Daz at all but I'm not over the moon yet.

I’ll keep my powder dry just now as well mate. 

There’s usually a sting in the tail somewhere where Hearts are concerned?

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

One thing about the press they love to get it right but couldn't care if they get it wrong

Forth One apparently reporting we will either pay half his wages or a £400k loan fee. Absolute fantasy stuff. Not a chance we would be forking out that much for 6 months. 

SuperstarSteve
3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Our 1st option fell through. We then had to change the accepted offer from Norwich so our attention wen't onto the loan move. I believe getting SN in is now priority and although we would like a midfielder in we have changed our stance. CL wants Naismith in before derby. Then search the market again. Fraser expected to arrive in summer, and Ryan Gauld could be the man in the summer we go for now. 

Sorry to be a pain Daz... Ryan Fraser? Just trying to keep up way everything lol 

17 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Got heaps of abuse from him on the old thread and a few comments on here, him saying the above was probably the nicest one I got.

Sorry but that's utter rubbish

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

For the record, this, I celebrate nothing til he's photographed in maroon 

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Forth One apparently reporting we will either pay half his wages or a £400k loan fee. Absolute fantasy stuff. Not a chance we would be forking out that much for 6 months. 

Certainly hope not on either front.If those are the demands I think we can file this as not happening

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Sorry to be a pain Daz... Ryan Fraser? Just trying to keep up way everything lol 

Ryan Fraser? As in Bournemouth's Ryan Fraser? You have to be kidding...

2 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Sadly not. Scott Fraser from Dundee Utd. 

3 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Scott Fraser from Dundee Utd.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
33 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I hope and think that that is “old news” and that we have grown past the point where Rangers can just pick who they want. Their fiascos with Walker and the Kilmarnock laddie suggest they can no longer offer the ridiculous money that trumped common sense in the past.

over the last 10 years or so players who have come to Hearts have been pretty desperate to stay, with the blip of the admin times. When’s the last time we have had a transfer request submitted ? For example.

i think if Naismith settles in the Edinburgh and Hearts experience will be very tempting for him longer term, as it has been for other older internationalists - Cowie, Hughes, Berra, Lafferty....

Unfortunately as long as they can pay 20k pw players will nearly always choose Ibrox regardless of how much they like it here. If we could pay the same amount in terms of finance I think you would see a change.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ryan Fraser? As in Bournemouth's Ryan Fraser? You have to be kidding...

Scott Fraser. Dundee Utd.

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Certainly hope not on either front.If those are the demands I think we can file this as not happening

You never know, if it's a loan fee in lieu of wage contribution and a transfer fee at the end of the season, I could see it. It seems at the high end of what we'd do, but we need a high profile signing. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

You never know, if it's a loan fee in lieu of wage contribution and a transfer fee at the end of the season, I could see it. It seems at the high end of what we'd do, but we need a high profile signing. 

I'd be happy to see us spend the money provided it becomes permanent. £400,000 (if that's even correct) as a loan fee is a hell of a lot of money for literally four months, in a season which might not amount to a great deal.

Just now, Smithee said:

We won't be paying anything like what forth 1 are saying. We made a 6 figure transfer offer which was accepted. Norwich changed that. Now seems a loan with option is the way forward

9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Benefactors helping? 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

It could still go down the shitter.

:sob:

Even if that did happen (god forbid)

the fact that this deal has got so far along the line proves that Daz was spot on with his info. AGAIN !

Jambof3tornado

We won't be paying anything like what forth 1 are saying. We made a 6 figure transfer offer which was accepted. Norwich changed that. Now seems a loan with option is the way forward

Any idea why norwich moved the goalposts?

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived