Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Any idea why norwich moved the goalposts?

Think the u23's game played a part in it and they then sold a couple so werent sure of options. Cancelled our bid but SN said he still wants to leave. To now get him in time for the derby the loan would be a faster deal to conclude.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, Independence said:

Benefactors helping? 

That's what I was thinking. Maybe offered to pay his wages

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Think the u23's game played a part in it and they then sold a couple so werent sure of options. Cancelled our bid but SN said he still wants to leave. To now get him in time for the derby the loan would be a faster deal to conclude.

No real interest from other parties pushing figures up so possibly a good sign for a 1st dibs after the summer then? 

SuperstarSteve
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ryan Fraser? As in Bournemouth's Ryan Fraser? You have to be kidding...

That’s why a was asking mate.. seen his name mentioned and thought no chance, when Daz said Fraser I wasn’t sure who he was on about so was just asking as I can’t think of any other frazer 

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No real interest from other parties pushing figures up so possibly a good sign for a 1st dibs after the summer then? 

Middlesbourgh and a couple others got interested which put things back also. This could have changed and now be a full transfer as they have changed thier ideas a few times already, but a loan move is more likely, faster to achieve and we would most probably have the option to sign in summer

9 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

I wondered about that at the time. Did he really have to go showing off his goal scoring skills right at the time he was supposed to be leaving? ?

Ever the pro, I suppose. Anyway, fingers crossed they can get this one over the line ASAP. I can’t relax until there’s a scarf above heid situation. 

7 minutes ago, station_jambo said:

Will he likely be getting a medical?

Don't think you need a medical for a loan move. It is preferred though but as we opened enquiries 6-7 weeks ago i'd say we have that one ticked off

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Markymark said:

Quoted myself. My apologies Daz (if he does sign today) 

unfair criticism so I apologise. 

Fair do's to you.

Just now, redm said:

I wondered about that at the time. Did he really have to go showing off his goal scoring skills right at the time he was supposed to be leaving? ?

Ever the pro, I suppose. Anyway, fingers crossed they can get this one over the line ASAP. I can’t relax until there’s a scarf above heid situation. 

Neither can I. Thats why I haven't called out a good number of posters. Told last night he would be here though, but with the deal changing i'm waiting for the scarf pic too.

SuperstarSteve
25 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Scott Fraser from Dundee Utd.

Thanks mate, my mistake! Completely forgot about Scott Fraser. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
27 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Scott Fraser. Dundee Utd.

Phew, for a minute I thought it was this guy. download.jpg.0c11c917343c4032b922ae73d6c56027.jpg:smile:

Bazzas right boot

People dancing over the Ryan Gauld in the summer comments!

Naismith and Gauld signing in the summer......

What is the latest please? Too long a thread and too little time.

Thanks for any info in advance.

So nothing has actually changed in terms of this transfer then? We are now favourites to sign him on loan but the deal isn’t done, as of yet. 

I have a large humble pie here. Am I cutting it into pieces or is one sanctimonious lard ass eating it all to himself? 

32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You did doubt him though eh?

I think he took a chance on it happening but didn't actually know anything, as did the other bloke. Just my feeling. He and you and everyone else will just have to live with it. If you believe either of them had the inside track, that's entirely up to you guys and no skin off my nose but Ive certainly got nothing to apologise for by calling one of them out (Not Daz) and questioning if either of them really knew anything or were just creating an illusion of knowledge, knowing that they would both look stupid if it didn't happen.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

He’s agreed to join us and will do so in next 48 hours according to Banderson.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

He's going to Hibs.

28 minutes ago, Independence said:

Benefactors helping? 

Nelly is breaking into the piggy bank as we speak. ?

Seriously hope this deal comes to fruition. 

4 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

People dancing over the Ryan Gauld in the summer comments!

Naismith and Gauld signing in the summer......

Start a new thread! :)

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

I think he took a chance on it happening but didn't actually know anything, as did the other bloke. Just my feeling. He and you and everyone else will just have to live with it. If you believe either of them had the inside track, that's entirely up to you guys and no skin off my nose but Ive certainly got nothing to apologise for by calling one of them out (Not Daz) and questioning if either of them really knew anything or were just creating an illusion of knowledge, knowing that they would both look stupid if it didn't happen.

If it falls through it falls through.

I got told face to face from Gary Locke that Goodwillie was a cert for us and that never happened. Locke was manager at the time.

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Image result for stephen naismith

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Lennon will be frantically calling round trying to get his number.

SSN claiming he’s going for Cahill

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Ryder said:

Start a new thread! :)

Imagine what mess a 6 month transfer rumour thread would end up like....

I would do it for a behavioural experiment, but I think the mods would cut it short.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Homme said:

Once Naismith come to Hearts he won’t want to be anywhere near Killie in the medium term.

But I agree if he plays well Rangers and other clubs down south will be looking to take him from Norwich.

Would be great if we had an option on him.

Surely the reasons he wanted to come back north for will still hold true? 

Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

Imagine what mess a 6 month transfer rumour thread would end up like....

I would do it for a behavioural experiment, but I think the mods would cut it short.

Just put something in the tag line about it only being for signing news, that way it won’t descend in to bickering.

Coburg Hearts
59 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Pic of Daz going to his laptop this am to post on jkb.

1dna9n.jpg

:laugh:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Just put something in the tag line about it only being for signing news, that way it won’t descend in to bickering.

Lol.

It as daz's post so I'll leave it to him. But Gauld......

Naismith and Gauld along with Lafferty and Berra we would be raising the bar.

Need Jon to sign up.

19 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Neither can I. Thats why I haven't called out a good number of posters. Told last night he would be here though, but with the deal changing i'm waiting for the scarf pic too.

Yep, if it was a straightforward deal it wouldn’t have taken this long for starters. Just have to sit tight and wait it out. Maybe chuck in a few prayers to the football gods, things like that. ?

Still gonna wait till the ink dries but this will be some coup.  He is a cracking wee player.  Just what we need.

I hope he's still as good a diver as he was and manages to **** Hibs over with a particularly snakey dive for a penalty.   Last minute winner.    Lennon's head vapourises.     Make it happen.

According to a website I just seen, Naismith earns £35k per week at Norwich. If we sign him on loan for rest of the season then that's roughly 24 weeks he would be a Hearts player. £400k is equivalent to £16.6k per week roughly which is basically half his weekly wage, so I can see where Forth One have got their figures from. I'm still waiting on the scarf above the head photo but I hope if it's for that much money, that it's not true. £5k per week would be £120k for the 6 months, so it's pretty expensive. 

Also, I've never been a massive Naismith fan if I'm honest. Though he works his arse off and does pop up with a goal now and again. A hat trick on Sunday would certainly help sway my opinion!! ??

Coburg Hearts
49 minutes ago, Smithee said:

For the record, this, I celebrate nothing til he's photographed in maroon 

I'm in this camp.

The Future's Maroon

I don't do twitter, hasn't Lafferty said anything yet regarding his mate joining him?

4 minutes ago, Robbo Is God said:

According to a website I just seen, Naismith earns £35k per week at Norwich. If we sign him on loan for rest of the season then that's roughly 24 weeks he would be a Hearts player. £400k is equivalent to £16.6k per week roughly which is basically half his weekly wage, so I can see where Forth One have got their figures from. I'm still waiting on the scarf above the head photo but I hope if it's for that much money, that it's not true. £5k per week would be £120k for the 6 months, so it's pretty expensive. 

Also, I've never been a massive Naismith fan if I'm honest. Though he works his arse off and does pop up with a goal now and again. A hat trick on Sunday would certainly help sway my opinion!! ??

Jesus !!! He's a good player and potentially a great player but I sincerely hope we're paying nothing like that for him. Its simply not affordable or sustainable.

Cant be right surely. We'll maybe need a money spinning replay or two to pay for him.

GorgieRules22

I'll not be happy until it's actually a done deal. Noticed Norwich are bidding 500k for Kenny McLean, let's hope that's not a spanner in the works.

5 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Lol.

It as daz's post so I'll leave it to him. But Gauld......

Naismith and Gauld along with Lafferty and Berra we would be raising the bar.

Need Jon to sign up.

For those paying attention, it’s what Levein has been saying from the start. Even when he was getting slaughtered he stuck with it and moved the pieces about in the background. A squad made up of predominantly academy graduates, but with a smattering of other signings. The other signings will be guys who can bring on the young kids and we should have a bit more money to bring in quality rather than quantity on the signing front. Three kinds of players:

Academy graduates

Seasoned pros to bring the kids on

Those more special players with the wow factor

:)

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived