Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Really good signing I think and fairly comfortable with a loan deal.  Once he plays against Rangers and the unwashed boo him every time he touches the ball I think that will put him off returning so it becomes a case of us or Kilmarnock going forward. If he has a good experience here I would be confident we could keep him. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Jesus !!! He's a good player and potentially a great player but I sincerely hope we're paying nothing like that for him. Its simply not affordable or sustainable.

Cant be right surely. We'll maybe need a money spinning replay or two to pay for him.

:rofl:

If Craig Levein can get this done it will be a tremendous bit of business from him!

Credit also to Ann Budge who has rubber stamped this.  You will now appreciate why funds to complete the stand fit out have temporarily been put on hold......

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Really good signing I think and fairly comfortable with a loan deal.  Once he plays against Rangers and the unwashed boo him every time he touches the ball I think that will put him off returning so it becomes a case of us or Kilmarnock going forward. If he has a good experience here I would be confident we could keep him. 

A winners medal for the big cup will do no harm either ! :wink:

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

For those paying attention, it’s what Levein has been saying from the start. Even when he was getting slaughtered he stuck with it and moved the pieces about in the background. A squad made up of predominantly academy graduates, but with a smattering of other signings. The other signings will be guys who can bring on the young kids and we should have a bit more money to bring in quality rather than quantity on the signing front. Three kinds of players:

Academy graduates

Seasoned pros to bring the kids on

Those more special players with the wow factor

:)

It's the future.

Take a summer transfer window to get things really cooking tho.

24 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I think he took a chance on it happening but didn't actually know anything, as did the other bloke. Just my feeling. He and you and everyone else will just have to live with it. If you believe either of them had the inside track, that's entirely up to you guys and no skin off my nose but Ive certainly got nothing to apologise for by calling one of them out (Not Daz) and questioning if either of them really knew anything or were just creating an illusion of knowledge, knowing that they would both look stupid if it didn't happen.

So how many people were you wrong about?

Everton-vs-Chelsea.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

For those paying attention, it’s what Levein has been saying from the start. Even when he was getting slaughtered he stuck with it and moved the pieces about in the background. A squad made up of predominantly academy graduates, but with a smattering of other signings. The other signings will be guys who can bring on the young kids and we should have a bit more money to bring in quality rather than quantity on the signing front. Three kinds of players:

Academy graduates

Bang on the darts. With our wage structure this is the ideal model and the standard of the squad should gradually  improve when new stand hospitality and future FoH income kicks in. 

Darth Sidious

Would have preferred a 2 year deal.  This might show that he wants to wait until Sevco  get their season ticket money to pay Norwich for next season.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

If Craig Levein can get this done it will be a tremendous bit of business from him!

Credit also to Ann Budge who has rubber stamped this.  You will now appreciate why funds to complete the stand fit out have temporarily been put on hold......

Did we bin Clydesdale so we could afford Naismith?

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Jesus !!! He's a good player and potentially a great player but I sincerely hope we're paying nothing like that for him. Its simply not affordable or sustainable.

Cant be right surely. We'll maybe need a money spinning replay or two to pay for him.

FFS.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Darth Sidious said:

Would have preferred a 2 year deal.  This might show that he wants to wait until Sevco  get their season ticket money to pay Norwich for next season.

This is a concern, hopefully we have first option.

Even if he doesn't score hunners of goals, the work he does off the ball, the runs and space he will create could be absolute key to Milinkovic and Cochrane making runs into those spaces, plus the work with the kids on the training ground.

Craig Levein - take a bow, outstanding signing.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Darth Sidious said:

So be it if that is the case. We needed a real lift in the team right now and, assuming this goes through, this is it.

Like many, not celebrating until the scarf above the head photo. Always hated him at Rangers, probably as he was always a danger and a thorn in our sides. If he still has that desire, it is exactly what we need to bring on the undoubted talented youngsters we have

Just now, Jodami said:

Bang on the darts. With our wage structure this is the ideal model and the standard of the squad should gradually  improve when new stand hospitality and future FoH income kicks in. 

Hi. Apologies for being wide before. You caught the brunt of my annoyance at someone else. Sorry about that.

Definitely. It’s actually a pleasure watching the guy work. He’s just put his head down and started at the roots and restructured our entire club for the better. An inspired appointment by Ann Budge.

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Hi. Apologies for being wide before. You caught the brunt of my annoyance at someone else. Sorry about that.

Definitely. It’s actually a pleasure watching the guy work. He’s just put his head down and started at the roots and restructured our entire club for the better. An inspired appointment by Ann Budge.

No worries sir, we're both on the same page and it was a time of heightened emotions! 

4 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

To be honest I agree in regards to Rangers, a good 6 months here and he’ll probably end up at Ibrox. 

Saying that, I’d happily accept that if the ‘good 6 months’ ended with a cup win and Europe...

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

No worries sir, we're both on the same page and it was a time of heightened emotions! 

Cheers. ?

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

It takes a pair of baws to admit when someone has got something wrong and to apologise. 

So, got any baws ? 

Plenty baws and nothing to apologise for. I believe they didn't have inside info. They took a chance. They gambled and guessed. Are we going to do this all day and have me repeat myself. Getting a bit boring now I have stated my position several times to folk who have no business getting involved

This will be a great signing if we can sort it. We're too nice a team and need more arseholse like this chap on the pitch.

edit: I know he's a decent lad off the pitch

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Plenty baws and nothing to apologise for. I believe they didn't have inside info. They took a chance. They gambled and guessed. Are we going to do this all day and have me repeat myself. Getting a bit boring now I have stated my position several times to folk who have no business getting involved

Best take the day off. 

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Cheers. ?

Image result for inbetweener friends

Lol sorry couldnt resist 

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

So for me to just pluck Lafferty & Naismith out of thin air WEEKS before any media,journo's etc got involved was just lucky guesses? Our of all the players in the world i must be lucky with a 10,000,000 to 1 shot. Maybe i should start betting?

We’ve got half a season left to play. The guy will make us much better over that period. Walker left and brought in a bit of cash, now we have spent a bit of money to bring in a replacement who will be here for at least the same length of time as jamie had left on his contract. Jamie’s departure can be offset against whatever it costs to bring in Naismith, and in my opinion he is a much better player.

1 minute ago, scottg71 said:

Best take the day off. 

Why exactly ? Its a forum. I can handle a few muppets throwing shite around. Its typing. No one gets hurt or offended. Definetly not me. Those who do should certainly take the day off that's for sure

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It takes a pair of baws to admit when someone has got something wrong and to apologise. 

So, got any baws ? 

:lol:

Charlie-Brown
17 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Academy graduates

You mean like  Jardine, MacDonald, Johnston & Bone did with Levin Bowman Mackay & Robertson? 

4 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

To be honest I agree in regards to Rangers, a good 6 months here and he’ll probably end up at Ibrox. 

Saying that, I’d happily accept that if the ‘good 6 months’ ended with a cup win and Europe...

Just been making a video for prematch on Sunday. Could Naismith be the 2018 version of Craig Beattie???  A real pity that 2012 was pretty much Beattie's last hurrah is big time football. Outstanding for the 10 or so games he managed at 75% fitness (if that) for us.

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

So for me to just pluck Lafferty & Naismith out of thin air WEEKS before any media,journo's etc got involved was just lucky guesses? Our of all the players in the world i must be lucky with a 10,000,000 to 1 shot. Maybe i should start betting?

Mate. You were backtracking and covering your arse on this as late as 3pm yesterday.

zoltan socrates
23 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Doesnt need to be sustainable, hes on loan

5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

You spent the last few days repeating yourself in a boring fashion, so not sure why you would be reluctant to do the same today.

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Launch this cretin ffs.

For the Bitters looking in , even if Hearts are paying 5k a week to loan Naismith, Walker was prob on 2:5k ish so that's 2:5k x 25 weeks , circa 60k for Naismith coming out of the 300k we got for Walker , read it and weep . 

1 minute ago, Charlie-Brown said:
20 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Academy graduates

You mean like  Jardine, MacDonald, Johnston & Bone did with Levin Bowman Mackay & Robertson? 

Now you come to mention it, I see the similarities. (CB’s comments)

7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Well.....

It was some damn guess.

8 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Why exactly ? Its a forum.

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Why exactly ? Its a forum. I can handle a few muppets throwing shite around. Its typing. No one gets hurt or offended. Definetly not me. Those who do should certainly take the day off that's for sure

To be honest, you've embarrassed yourself big time on here, mouthing off like your billy big bawz, then to have to eat your own words

You must be hurting big time

I feel for you

p.s. get it round ye

20 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

So how many people were you wrong about?

Everton-vs-Chelsea.jpg

Fair play to you, lad , you were right and I'm a plonker.  

A blind monkey gets a nut occasionally , mind. :)

So Make Some Noise..

I look forward to this 'ex Real madrid midfielder' singing that will give CL 'god like status' now.. 

9 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Mate. You were backtracking and covering your arse on this as late as 3pm yesterday.

But ultimately it appears he will be proven to be right from the start. As he was for Lafferty. He clearly does have info from someone in the club. Why anyone would be so desperate for that not to be the case is weird. Personally I think it's great that there is someone posting signing news based on more than just every day rumours.

1 minute ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

I look forward to this 'ex Real madrid midfielder' singing that will give CL 'god like status' now.. 

That was a wind up aimed at LoveNgoo as was explained fairly soon after being posted.

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived