Jamie Walker joins Wigan (updated)

Beats

scott herbertson
24 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

That would show the measure of the man then. If after everything the club has done for him from when he joined the age of 10 he'd feel he wouldn't want to do his best for us in any negotiations it would only reiterate what many of us mean by his stinking attitude. Also he hasn't exactly wanted to do his best for us for a long enough time. Glad the whole saga is over and we can all move on.

We would go round in in circles with this for ever. But I agree it’s best over now and at least he didn’t go to Rangers and we got a bit of dosh for him. Time will tell whether he’s a busted flush or still fit enough to return to form.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Spencer

• It should have been ten

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Buffalo Bill

A talented player who scored a lot of good goals for us. Good luck to him in future, unless he ends up at Rangers.

I'm glad he's moved on now though. I hate the idea of any player in maroon not wanting to be here. 

maroonnicky63
Just now, It should have been ten said:

Why though? Anything said on here he's brought on himself with his piss poor attitude. Glad to see the back of him and the whole saga. 

This is utter nonsense and you know it, I can understand fans being disappointed in him wanting to leave and I can also understand fans coming on here and saying how disappointed they are that he is going, some have been way over the top with there comments. Jamie has been with the club for around 14 years and does not deserve some of the disgusting comments on here. I hope he does well and I am sure he will but perhaps the kicking he took from some on here and the stick his family took may not lead him to wanting to do any negotiations at all.I do have to say however that he has also had to great support from the usual crew on here which is great to see.He will be well missed as we don't have anyone near as good as him in the position he playes

13 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

This is utter nonsense and you know it, I can understand fans being disappointed in him wanting to leave and I can also understand fans coming on here and saying how disappointed they are that he is going, some have been way over the top with there comments. Jamie has been with the club for around 14 years and does not deserve some of the disgusting comments on here. I hope he does well and I am sure he will but perhaps the kicking he took from some on here and the stick his family took may not lead him to wanting to do any negotiations at all.I do have to say however that he has also had to great support from the usual crew on here which is great to see.He will be well missed as we don't have anyone near as good as him in the position he playes

Yet we still managed to produce our best performaces in years (4-0 win against Celtic) without him in the team.

I really dont think he is going to be missed as much as some on here think.

13 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

His attitude was a disgrace.  It's most regrettable that our final memory of Jamie Walker will be from an Edinburgh Derby where he spent much of the game on the deck wondering what he needed to do to get substituted 

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

His attitude was a disgrace.  It's most regrettable that our final memory of Jamie Walker will be from an Edinburgh Derby where he spent much of the game on the deck wondering what he needed to do to get substituted 

On that one, some people thought he was repeatedly indicating that he didn't want to be subbed throughout the derby and wanted to stay on. I wasn't close enough to see either way though tbh.

Glamorgan Jambo

Best of luck to Jamie at Wigan. A great choice of club for him for many reasons.

Some fantastic contributions since he broke into the first team. The less said about the last 10 months or so the better, and it wasn't all his fault.

Glad this is put to bed.

Good luck to him. Glad he's heading south and not West. At least we'll get paid in money and not in cut up spoons from the Ibrox canteen.

7 minutes ago, redm said:

On that one, some people thought he was repeatedly indicating that he didn't want to be subbed throughout the derby and wanted to stay on. I wasn't close enough to see either way though tbh.

He was repeatedly on the deck looking fairly dejected.  That much looked very clear 

Francis Albert
55 minutes ago, redm said:

The advantage of watching on tv was you see him in close up and that was exactly my impression.He lost form and struggled with injuries but was always one of the very few players who was capable of doing something special.

Thanks to him for some good memories and hope he succeds at a higerr level than Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Surley the last memory will be the belting freekick v Hamilton while down to ten which helped to get a point then we kicked  out 3 wins on the bounce?

That's my last memory of him.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

Heartsofgold

I like to look at Jamie's overall contribution to the Famous and it's mostly positive.  The last 6-10 months have not been good for him but he leaves with my thanks and respect.

FarmerTweedy
15 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

300k now plus whatever development fee we're entitled to in the summer is a decent piece of business.

So, 300k is a decent piece of business. 

I agree!

maroonnicky63
Just now, Spencer said:

Didn't really expect anything positive from you TBH as you seem to not like any player when things are not going right for them. Jamie has been a stand out for us and yes the last year has been a nightmare for him but the club must take some responsibility for that as well because of announcing he was leaving before any decision had been made.A blind man running for bus could see he was no where near fit in the Edinburgh derby, he should never have played

I would say most players deserve to be remembered for wearing the Hearts strip and I have no issue with any of them with exception to.

The only player or ex player should I say that does not deserve any recognition for what he has done is Presley for what he done against all the Hearts fans on his return with Celtic to Tyncastle ,what the hell he was thinking I will never know , the most disgusting snub on a  return I think I have ever seen, I was astonished the way he treated the fans who supported him so well when he was at Hearts, I have no doubt you will disagree with that as well

He was repeatedly on the deck looking fairly dejected.  That much looked very clear 

30 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The advantage of watching on tv was you see him in close up and that was exactly my impression.He lost form and struggled with injuries but was always one of the very few players who was capable of doing something special.

Thanks to him for some good memories and hope he succeds at a higerr level than Hearts.

Others I know who could see him up close were quite sure he was signalling to Levein that he didn't want to come off. He probably did look dejected given he was clearly struggling.

Perception is a funny thing, I suppose.

Son Of Anarchy
9 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Didn't really expect anything positive from you TBH as you seem to not like any player when things are not going right for them. Jamie has been a stand out for us and yes the last year has been a nightmare for him but the club must take some responsibility for that as well because of announcing he was leaving before any decision had been made.A blind man running for bus could see he was no where near fit in the Edinburgh derby, he should never have played

I would say most players deserve to be remembered for wearing the Hearts strip and I have no issue with any of them with exception to.

The only player or ex player should I say that does not deserve any recognition for what he has done is Presley for what he done against all the Hearts fans on his return with Celtic to Tyncastle ,what the hell he was thinking I will never know , the most disgusting snub on a  return I think I have ever seen, I was astonished the way he treated the fans who supported him so well when he was at Hearts, I have no doubt you will disagree with that as well

So glad to hear there is ONE player/ex legend you won't stick up for. That's much more human like behavior  ;)

You have no class. 

maroonnicky63
Just now, Son Of Anarchy said:

So glad to hear there is ONE player/ex legend you won't stick up for. That's much more human like behavior  ;)

Ha Ha , I agree well spotted:laugh:

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You have no class. 

FWIW I agree with Spencer - and that is unusual.

In too many games Walker has been like playing with a man short and the last derby he spent far too much time on the ground for my liking.

With his past history of knee trouble I'm surprised he passed the medical at Wigan.

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

FWIW I agree with Spencer - and that is unusual.

In too many games Walker has been like playing with a man short and the last derby he spent far too much time on the ground for my liking.

With his past history of knee trouble I'm surprised he passed the medical at Wigan.

But you'll completely overlook him being top scorer last season and base it on one game when no one is sure if he was wanting subbed or not. 

Thankfully like most of the whingers none of you go to games. 

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

But you'll completely overlook him being top scorer last season and base it on one game when no one is sure if he was wanting subbed or not. 

Thankfully like most of the whingers none of you go to games. 

I haven't based it on one game or one season.  His work rate was never the greatest and like it or not it has got even less these last 2 seasons.

As regards whinging I am merely voicing a different opinion to yours.  Is that not allowed without having to receive childish and petulant personal insults?

As regards not going to games you've got that wrong as well, Jamie.

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

You have no class. 

Not sure what I have stated to upset you so much. That is purely my perception of his antics on 27th. 

I thought he was a disgrace that night 

44 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Not sure what I have stated to upset you so much. That is purely my perception of his antics on 27th. 

I thought he was a disgrace that night 

I thought he should have been substituted as he looked unfit/injured in the second half.  I’ve no idea if he was asking to stay on or be taken off though. 

Walter Bishop
4 hours ago, Spencer said:

Utter rubbish. 

He was almost replaced twice but wanted to stay on. Stop talking shite.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I thought he should have been substituted as he looked unfit/injured in the second half.  I’ve no idea if he was asking to stay on or be taken off though. 

He should have come off. From my vantage point I looked like he tried everything to come off.

We certainly won't miss Walker when it comes to the Derby fixture. Often relied upon and frequently failed to deliver 

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Utter rubbish. 

He was almost replaced twice but wanted to stay on. Stop talking shite.

How do you feel he played that night? Think he did well? 

I actually fear a bit for Jamie down there, he has hardly looked fit for about a year now, struggled against a strong Hibs midfield in every game he came up against them and seems to have lost what pace he had. 

The main aim of for him to integrate into the team ahead of promotion. Issue being  the championship is a long hard physical slog, you need to be fit, strong and being quick is an advantage. He has the skill but I think the injuries have had an impact mentally and I don't think he has the fitness or mental strength to be a success down there 

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

It may be utter nonsense to you but not me. Don’t think he’ll be missed one bit, he’s been a passenger for long enough. Proved we don’t need him when we pumped Celtic 4-0. I rest my case :P

Edited by It should have been ten

22 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I actually fear a bit for Jamie down there, he has hardly looked fit for about a year now, struggled against a strong Hibs midfield in every game he came up against them and seems to have lost what pace he had. 

The main aim of for him to integrate into the team ahead of promotion. Issue being  the championship is a long hard physical slog, you need to be fit, strong and being quick is an advantage. He has the skill but I think the injuries have had an impact mentally and I don't think he has the fitness or mental strength to be a success down there 

Good summation 

It will be very tough for Jamie. At least he is giving it a go so fair play to him 

It should have been ten

Pressley stuff getting brought up now ?

3 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Thanks for your kind words. Appreciated 

Steven Pressley is a Hearts legend and the greatest club captain in my lifetime 

I'd prefer not to discuss Jamie Walker in the same breath as the legend 

Edited by Spencer
Typo

maroonnicky63
Just now, Spencer said:

He ( Presley ) let himself down big time by disrespecting every Hearts fan who was in that stadium , there was no need for that what so ever It was easy for him to cover but he chose not to , he didn't want to upset the smeltic fans and you know it.Support him all you like I would pick Walker over him every single time 

maroonnicky63

It may be utter nonsense to you but not me. Don’t think he’ll be missed one bit, he’s been a passenger for long enough. Proved we don’t need him when we pumped Celtic 4-0. I rest my case :P

well I am glad that pleased you , you are happy just to beat Celtic but just have a wee look at the results after that one. I REST MY CASE.

maroonnicky63
Just now, Spencer said:

Good summation 

It will be very tough for Jamie. At least he is giving it a go so fair play to him 

Can I just check that this is Spencer , weird supporting a hearts player who has lost form and left us.?????????/

49 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Good post....  I also noticed the Wigan thread from a Wigan supporter asking for info on him.  He should start with a fresh new page, and prove himself in person....  Always good to see a Scotsman do well down south.....

12 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Nah.  Bigger picture was that we demonstrated that Level 5 don't dictate what this regime does and there are huge questions about Der Hun's capacity to pay.

I expect we are getting more than Wigan than we ever would from Rangers 

2 hours ago, Bozi said:

He is a luxury player who will get found out down there. 

Walker in my opinion is one of the most overrated players in Scottish football. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

It actually saddens me that I was apathetic about his leaving. He could have been very good but Hearts will be the pinnacle of his career.

53 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

He is a luxury player who will get found out down there. 

Walker in my opinion is one of the most overrated players in Scottish football. 

I think that's a but harsh, he is a very good player who has been savaged by injuries and suffered from incredibly bad advice. 

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

Good summation 

I wish him well and that k him for his service, just a pity the last 6 months spoiled the relationship he had built with the fans. 

2 hours ago, hueyview said:

Good post....  I also noticed the Wigan thread from a Wigan supporter asking for info on him.  He should start with a fresh new page, and prove himself in person....  Always good to see a Scotsman do well down south.....

Fingers crossed he does well as any academy graduates that do well down south will strengthen our negotiating power further down the line when we feel ready to sell our good young products 

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

well I am glad that pleased you , you are happy just to beat Celtic but just have a wee look at the results after that one. I REST MY CASE.

BINGO! 

Jamie Walker featured and contributed NOWT! So....I REST MY CASE AGAIN.

He’s gone, get over it :wavey:

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Spencer said:

Spot on 

17 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

BINGO! 

You cant judge any player at our club by that one result, whether they were playing or not. 

8 hours ago, Spencer said:

Jamie could do himself a favour by working on improving his body language. He did look like he wanted to come off in the Derby, but that might just be his natural body language. He normally has the look of a player that is knackered and disinterested, but fortunately didnt play that way most of the time prior to this season.

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

You cant judge any player at our club by that one result, whether they were playing or not. 

ONE RESULT????? Bolt, he's been rank rotten for months and months. Some folk on here need to dry their eyes. 

5 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

well I am glad that pleased you , you are happy just to beat Celtic but just have a wee look at the results. after that one. I REST MY CASE.

Not sure what case you are trying to rest.

Not much wrong with the results after the Celtic game.

Two tough away games and a local Derby unbeaten and clean sheets while down to the bare bones of an injury ravaged squad.

Jamie played in the Derby anyway and was only risked because of all the injuries we had. 

Anyway its all water under the bridge now and I hope he finds his form and stays injury free in his new environment.

maroonnicky63

BINGO! 

featured when , have you been drinking?

12 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

ONE RESULT????? Bolt, he's been rank rotten for months and months. Some folk on here need to dry their eyes. 

"Bolt", because i have a different opinion from you?

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, maroonnicky63 said:

featured when , have you been drinking?

Did he not feature against Hibs? Have you been drinking?

Edited to add you'd be forgiven if you didn't notice him. Understandable given his performance.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

"Bolt", because i have a different opinion from you?

"Bolt" because the little scrote has gone so dry your eyes

All the best Jamie! I think as many have said that you & your agent could have handled the situation better, but I'll focus on the positives and wish you all the best! Thanks for some great goals, and for that Championship season.

• davemclaren locked this topic