Jamie Walker joins Wigan (updated)

Beats

10 minutes ago, waterboy11 said:

Will be at Sevco within a year, following the Andy Webster route 

Very much doubt it but will be great news if Rangers are still looking at players of that calibre for the foreseeable.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Spencer

• It should have been ten

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good luck Jamie. 

He'll do alright down there. He'll get a lot more time and space. 

Not big enough or quick enough to play EPL, but certainly a Championship level player at his best. 

Hagar the Horrible

All the very best Jamie,  we can now look to a replacement,  Rangers once again failed to get their man, you have been given a real opertunity? attitude aside take it son.  and dont use this as a stepping stone back to Ibrox!!!

his salary and undisclosed fee, will free up some cash for a replacement or 2, time for us to move on, but in 18months I can see him wanting back home

On his Instagram hes put a wee statement thanking everyone who he's worked with the in the 14yrs as Heart of Midlothian. 

This part stood out for me "The last 6 months have been a frustrating". Wonder what in particular he means by this? Frustrsted he didn't leave last summer? Frustrated The Rangers didn't come back for him?

1 minute ago, Deans Jambo said:

On his Instagram hes put a wee statement thanking everyone who he's worked with the in the 14yrs as Heart of Midlothian. 

This part stood out for me "The last 6 months have been a frustrating". Wonder what in particular he means by this? Frustrsted he didn't leave last summer? Frustrated The Rangers didn't come back for him?

injuries?

2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Wonder if we have a selling on percentage clause? 

With only 6 months of his contract left, I would highly doubt it.

27 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Wish him all the best. Despite his indifferent performances over the past 12 months or so it is sad to see him go. He has been a great servant to he club and does deserve his move down south. I hope he makes a real success of it and achieves some good success down there. And to me anyway will always be welcome back at Tynecastle any day 

Thanks Jamie

Agreed.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Good luck Jamie. I'll remember the great moments, hope you will too.

Hagar the Horrible

How much do we recon?  £300k,  still more than sevco would have offered and they would have had to pay up in installments?

for that money we could pay 3 players £2k per week and get better, or at least interested

5 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

injuries?

He's had long term injuries in the past so not sure why he'd highlight those in the past 6 months. 

He continued with "but that's life and football!!!"

Just now, Deans Jambo said:

He's had long term injuries in the past so not sure why he'd highlight those in the past 6 months. 

He continued with "but that's life and football!!!"

strange. 

surely the rangers saga 

6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

How much do we recon?  £300k,  still more than sevco would have offered and they would have had to pay up in installments?

for that money we could pay 3 players £2k per week and get better, or at least interested

I fear that will prove difficult! 

Sadly I think the whole Cathro farce scuppered him and pushed him to leave. Never seemed the same once Neilson left.

All the best to Jamie though.

42 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Wish him all the best. Despite his indifferent performances over the past 12 months or so it is sad to see him go. He has been a great servant to he club and does deserve his move down south. I hope he makes a real success of it and achieves some good success down there. And to me anyway will always be welcome back at Tynecastle any day 

Thanks Jamie

Absolutely this.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I hope Jamie does well and that should keep him out of the Sevco price range, maybe a nice sell on clause for us as well. 

I hope the better pitches down south will keep his injuries to a minimum and he shows the form he once had to move to a bigger club than Wigan down the line.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

To be fair to Jamie. Despite a slightly underwhelming unveiling, there was a big crowd outside to welcome him, going by pictures on SKY.

7D0E3F0F-75C1-4A8F-9C35-CEB32F70A533.jpeg

Great, They've all bought stick on replica Jamie 'taches to welcome him. What a tribute.

SwindonJambo
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

To be fair to Jamie. Despite a slightly underwhelming unveiling, there was a big crowd outside to welcome him, going by pictures on SKY.

Ironic photo for Wigan.  They joined the Football League in 1978. Considering the town is dominated by Rugby League, their crowds would have been Accies-esque in their previous 46 years as a non league club.  But still funny :D

17 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I hope Jamie does well and that should keep him out of the Sevco price range, maybe a nice sell on clause for us as well. 

I hope the better pitches down south will keep his injuries to a minimum and he shows the form he once had to move to a bigger club than Wigan down the line.

There is more chance of me signing for Hearts this month than us getting a sell on fee 

We should probably be thankful we got any fee for him 

Jambof3tornado
24 minutes ago, Barack said:

Peaky fukkin blinders welcomed him???

7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

There is more chance of me signing for Hearts this month than us getting a sell on fee 

We should probably be thankful we got any fee for him 

I'm actually surprised he passed the medical with his recent injury history.  Your last sentence is correct as well.

SwindonJambo
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

That’s their reaction today to just seeing a digital camera. 

Telling all their mates tonight about it. By pigeon.

I've never stopped off there but have passed through it on the train many times. It looks like a dismal, depressing shithole.  But that shouldn't be a problem to a well paid footballer who can easily live elsewhere and commute in.

Watt-Zeefuik
48 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

I fear that will prove difficult! 

Sadly I think the whole Cathro farce scuppered him and pushed him to leave. Never seemed the same once Neilson left.

All the best to Jamie though.

:spoton: 

9 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I see Oshaniwa commented on his video post :lol:

What's he up to these days?

Probably still picking up a monthly wedge from us until he finds another club would be my guess 

zoltan socrates
1 hour ago, kila said:

Some unveiling :laugh:

Im a huge fan of micro expressions and what they tell about someones actual thoughts, not those sanitised for the viewing public

that little smirk is followed by a facial correction that speaks volumes, he regrets this move, hardly breaking news but a great way to start a new career

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm actually surprised he passed the medical with his recent injury history.  Your last sentence is correct as well.

I suspect Wigan have just taken a cheap punt on him tbh. If it works then great. If he is a flop it isn't going to be a transaction that will put them under.

I thought we should have taken Sevco offer in summer. Given what has happened with their Murphy pursuit I suspect that we were correct not to deal with them as many on here stated at the time. 

All things considered the club have probably done the best tbey could out of this situation.  He had to leave this month. 

Regrettable that our last image of him in a Hearts shirt should be him trying to do whatever possible to get substituted in what was one of many hugely ineffectual performances in an Edinburgh Derby 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, zoltan socrates said:

Im a huge fan of micro expressions and what they tell about someones actual thoughts, not those sanitised for the viewing public

that little smirk is followed by a facial correction that speaks volumes, he regrets this move, hardly breaking news but a great way to start a new career

FFS the amount people will read into a half-second of video or a "like" on social media in this saga blows my mind.

I think he's jumped out of his long-time comfort zone to a club with EPL history and is a bit nervous about it. He's never been the most expressive man.

zoltan socrates
8 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

FFS the amount people will read into a half-second of video or a "like" on social media in this saga blows my mind.

I think he's jumped out of his long-time comfort zone to a club with EPL history and is a bit nervous about it. He's never been the most expressive man.

You do know what micro expressions are, yes? They are uncontrolled expressions that the conscious mind corrects within nanoseconds, the look he gives for that split second says he isnt delighted

there is alot can be read from a microexpression, far more reliable than a social media outburst 

thats what supporters do UA, we speculate, we fantasise, we wet a pant or two, im offering my piece for the first time on this subject, that a crime?

i hope he does well, earns a move to a big set up, he has the talent

Edited by zoltan socrates

Don’t like how he went about things but it’s done now. Hope he does well for himself and carves out a decent career. The fact we got a fee for him helps a little. Thanks for the good times, and shame about the bad.

zoltan socrates
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

You should hear his interview then. 

I’ve actually got no words to adequately describe it.

Lucky for us, Jamie’s got about a hundred.

In 5 seconds. :lol: 

You got a link?

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

With only 6 months of his contract left, I would highly doubt it.

Nicholson and Paterson have such clauses and they were both at the end of their contracts.

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Jeezo....

He's never been one for talking in front of the cameras confidently, but that's some shite audio quality from Wigan. They could've given him a mic at least!

been here before
1 minute ago, kila said:

He's never been one for talking in front of the cameras confidently, but that's some shite audio quality from Wigan. They could've given him a mic at least!

Would that have translated?

Just now, been here before said:

Would that have translated?

Would've given folk more of a chance of working out what he's saying though :laugh:

been here before

I suppose theres also the fact that sitting on the pitch pointing to your knee is a universal sign regardless of what your first language is.

35 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Probably still picking up a monthly wedge from us until he finds another club would be my guess 

Oshaniwa is no longer on our books.

#GODISGOD

41 minutes ago, zoltan socrates said:

Micro expression may well give an insight into someone's sub-conscious mind but how you arrive at 'regretting his move' :teehee:   

As some wise old duffer once said, 'a little knowledge is a dangerous thing'.

132goals1958
2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Thanks Jamie

I would also echo those sentiments. Like most footballers he is entitled to maximize his income opportunities for himself and his family. He has been a good servant to us The level of criticism he got for the penalty incident against Celtic was outrageous but I suppose that was expected when you come up against the guardians of Scottish football.

• davemclaren locked this topic