The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

Dave McCreery's knee

Of our loan players, I’d imagine we could agree deals for Randall and Milinkovic if we want to keep both. Levein likes them and if they continue to do well, they seem likely to stay?

Mitchell is clearly never going to be a Hearts player and best we could hope for is an extended loan and we could get 12-18 months out of him. 

I could see Naismith staying. He is at the best club for him in Scotland, if thats where he wants to be for family reasons. The abuse he will get from Rangers fans next game will kill any prospect of him going there, so only a return to Killie as alternative. 

No idea about our potential new loanee from Scion but if above plays out, the loan strategy would be quite effective. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scott herbertson

People worrying about him having a contract until 2020 just need to think of Martin - I don’t think we’d object to loaning him out with a ‘cut our losses’ option of right to buy at the end of the loan would we? It will just come down to whether the players and clubs terms can be met. The length of the contract makes it harder, sure, but not impossible.

RustyRightPeg
7 hours ago, sadj said:

Is this because the primary target isnt available until Summer now if at all?

Yeah there’s a lot going on behind the scenes as expected but im lead to believe CL & AM are both grafting away almost 24 hours a day at the moment

Today's deadline day. Hopefully a busy productive day for Hearts.

Likely another 29 pages of guff on here & I wont get a lick of work done though!

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yeah there’s a lot going on behind the scenes as expected but im lead to believe CL & AM are both grafting away almost 24 hours a day at the moment

Lead to believe? Bloody hell. Who lead you to believe something like that! 

3 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

The Sun saying we’re looking at Dundee’s Marcus Haber:ninja:

Hopefully this is not true

RustyRightPeg
25 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Lead to believe? Bloody hell. Who lead you to believe something like that! 

Whats the attitude for? My contact that works for the club told me & 2 I know one of the playing staff. Is that orite or are you gonna snap back at me for this too?

54 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Whats the attitude for? My contact that works for the club told me & 2 I know one of the playing staff. Is that orite or are you gonna snap back at me for this too?

to be fair to you, going on what is widely known about the hours that they put in, it shouldn't come as a great surprise that at the end of a tricky January window they are spending all the time that can to get what needs done, done.

17 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Indeed.

Word I'm getting is this boys a cut above.

Makes Patrick Roberts look shite.

Patrick Roberts is decent, but not even close to upper-EPL quality.

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Is it not a pun? Because you spelt led wrong? Maybe i'm giving the lad too much credit. 

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Do you know if there is any truth in the Marcus harber rumours? I really hope not he’s pish  

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, 1874KRM said:

Do you know if there is any truth in the Marcus harber rumours? I really hope not he’s pish  

Struggling to believe there’s any interest in this  at our end

The Future's Maroon

I see the circus that is "transfer deadline day" on Sky Sports News is in full swing....over hyped pish.

just heard Sevco have turned down £8m for that huddy? Maybe there is truth in it....or, and my opinion, the club are leaking this to sound big again.

Motherwell have signed Stephen Hendrie on loan from West Ham! decent bit of business I think and if he does well could be possible target for us in the summer?

1 hour ago, CAR said:

Motherwell have signed Stephen Hendrie on loan from West Ham! decent bit of business I think and if he does well could be possible target for us in the summer?

Right on cue.  But we may baulk at his price tag.

1 hour ago, CAR said:

He's on loan from Southend United, where he can't get a game.

Jambo, Goodbye
13 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Depends how deep our pockets are. 

The Future's Maroon
4 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Depends how deep our pockets are. 

Which folk weren't so baize about these puns.

Stephane Grappelli
22 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

We may have some other players in the frame by then.

Strange one the Motherwell goalie being subject to increased bid from Celtic. Now knocked back £375k for a guy they bought 6 months ago for £10k 

Wouldn't be surprised if Celtic try and sign McLaughlin 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He's on loan from Southend United, where he can't get a game.

Didn't chalk up much experience there then. I hope nobody asks me any questions on him. I hate to be put on the spot, find it nerve racking. Possibly an extension at Southend would have been better for him, been a bit of a safety cushion for him, could be under the screws at Well.

Pot luck I suppose

Joaquim Adao, for someone who is allegedly 'quality', hasn't played that much first team football in his career so far.

13 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Doesnt mean much. Why would Sion be happy to let him leave at this stage of his contract if he was firmly in their plans.....it’s not like he’s 19 and just breaking through. They clearly want rid for whatever reason.

really should be looking to see if he is actually any good first before stressing whether it's  likely he can be a permanent signing.

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Strange one the Motherwell goalie being subject to increased bid from Celtic. Now knocked back £375k for a guy they bought 6 months ago for £10k 

Wouldn't be surprised if Celtic try and sign McLaughlin 

Tbh Motherwell are being clever here. They know Celtic are desperate due to injuries and there only a few hours being left in the window and a big European game coming, so why put themselves in the same position on the cheap? They'll probably settle on £450,000.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Joaquim Adao, for someone who is allegedly 'quality', hasn't played that much first team football in his career so far.

11 games for Angola :whistling:

8 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh Motherwell are being clever here. They know Celtic are desperate due to injuries and there only a few hours being left in the window and a big European game coming, so why put themselves in the same position on the cheap? They'll probably settle on £450,000.

Motherwell hold the Aces as you say 

Imagine if they offered us £450k for Jon McLaughlin.....

7 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

I'm not sure but I think Hartlepool are entitled to a chunk of any sell-on fee and that could be why 'Well are holding out for more than Celtic have bid - and IMO much more than he is worth.

...a bit disco
16 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Also rumoured that Hibs are trying to sign Scott Allan today 

Scott Bain, Scott Allan and Simon Murray form transfer triangle with Celtic, Hibs and Dundee http://dlyr.ec/XlwDa4 

11 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Scott Bain, Scott Allan and Simon Murray form transfer triangle with Celtic, Hibs and Dundee http://dlyr.ec/XlwDa4 

Strange one re SA. I suspect someone at Hibs is off - Midfielder 

I'd take Simon Murray before Haber.  

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Unlikely. Dundee now playing hardball asking for unrealistic players on loan in return for this to happen

I wonder if we should offer Hamilton to Celtic on loan for a fee. We still have Noring as back up until the end of the season.

Jambo, Goodbye
2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I wonder if we should offer Hamilton to Celtic on loan for a fee. We still have Noring as back up until the end of the season.

**** helping those *****! 

How ****ing Creepy are Hibs?   is their scout following our scout around Europe.  We have been looking in Switzerland, and if by magic, they sign a Swiss player from Grasshoppers

23 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

How ****ing Creepy are Hibs?   is their scout following our scout around Europe.  We have been looking in Switzerland, and if by magic, they sign a Swiss player from Grasshoppers

to be fair to them, the side from grasshoppers has been training with them since before the derby.

4 minutes ago, Gav M said:

to be fair to them, the side from grasshoppers has been training with them since before the derby.

Pretty sure our ITKers were talking Swiss based players before the Derby, were they no?

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Strange one re SA. I suspect someone at Hibs is off - Midfielder 

I'd take Simon Murray before Haber.  

Hobos have told Matulevicius he can leave

1 hour ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

**** helping those *****! 

How would offering them Jack Hamilton be in anyway helping them?

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Brenda wants a GK that can play a bit from back and good with ball at feet so there are quite a few reasons why this fanciful idea wont happen!!! ?

Why is Simon Murray being touted for Dundee? Thought he has had a decent season so far?

Or am confusing him with someone else?

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Homme said:

Why is Simon Murray being touted for Dundee? Thought he has had a decent season so far?

Or am confusing him with someone else?

There’s whispers of a potential transfer triangle involving Bain GK signing for Celtic so long as a pre contract is agreed with Hibs for summer 18 window, Allan going to Hibs and potentially Murray going to Dundee. I doubt it’ll happen as it’ll leave Hibs short handed up top with stokes away 

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

Motherwell hold the Aces as you say 

Imagine if they offered us £450k for Jon McLaughlin.....

Absolute carnage on here.

I'll order some more popcorn in, just in case.

Archived