The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...a bit disco

So, that Aussie Maclaren that Hibs 'beat' us to.

DU4-R_-XUAQMMSF.jpg:large

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

I know who the gantin’ spunk basket is, mate.

Spunk basket ? 

Deal seems strange , bin a striker when you lost one yesterday and arent exactly prolific and the swiss lad is an unknown quantity. Bring in another midfielder who is ok but unproven when McGinn and McGeough are still there. Allan to the bench. Lose a keeper when they have poor options there all to let Celtic take the keeper.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Heard he doesn’t want to play for them.

Hunger strike.

A bit more civilised than Stokes and his 'Durtay Proatest'.*

*Allegedly.

RenfrewHearts
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

His huddiness wasn’t helped by some of the abuse though. Surely you, as an experienced manager, would know that?  ?

:jjyay:

Lawell, Petrie & Regan.

Doesn’t need much more explaining.

I just can’t see why you’d happily bend over and let your brothers roger you silly. Hibs way I guess. Dundee are doing ok out of it. Allans been ok but not good other than a few moments. Murray much as he has a poorish scoring record in the league gives Dundee something different. Hibs become a goalie short and Celtic get an unproven goalie going into Europa League matches. 

18 minutes ago, jamdunc said:

Murray to Dundee and Scott Allan back to Hibs

Just confirmed by Neil Lennon on sportsound. Murray is going on loan. Not sure about Allan. Celtic get Scott Bain. 

11 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Just confirmed by Neil Lennon on sportsound. Murray is going on loan. Not sure about Allan. Celtic get Scott Bain. 

EDIT - I see what you mean now I think now.  EN says they are all loan deals.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, WageThief said:

Lennon said he isn't sure about Allan?!  What is in the deal for Hibs?!  :laugh:

Brilliant stuff if I've understood correctly.

Lennon said Allan was on his way to Edinburgh.

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

The gap between the haves and the have nots gets ever wider. ****ing sickening when you look at the reality of it to be honest. A GREAT club like ours (and yes there are others in Scotland!) are simply pissing in the wind. Loans here and there, barely able to bring in a couple of players of any real quality whilst EPL clubs are announcing players on record salaries of 350k a week. We might just about have got that in for Goncalves and thats what Arsenal are paying ONE PLAYER for a week!!!  The baw is well and truly burst.

Not if we (all clubs) bring more youngsters through

29 minutes ago, jamdunc said:

Murray to Dundee and Scott Allan back to Hibs

Allan is the type of player Hibs have been crying out for this season, dominated possession and failed to create chances in so many games. 

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, ray- said:

Allan is the type of player Hibs have been crying out for this season, dominated possession and failed to create chances in so many games. 

They need a goalscorer, and they have just got rid of a good one. Fontaine is solid at the back too, alot of big decisions made in a few days for them

8 minutes ago, ray- said:

Pretty sure they lack a goalscorer , McGinn banjos people out the way wi his 5million pound ass , Barker and Boyle?? Run fast and McGeough plays football but when they do nobody can take the chances... 

I mean i could be wrong as I know nothing about football so...

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Weird stuff happening at Hibs. A club in crisis

Never quite clear what Lennon wants

Or how their finances are

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Weird stuff happening at Hibs. A club in crisis

We would be ridiculed by press and supporters alike for signing and releasing a player in just over a week (rightly so)...seems to be zero strategy to the Hibs transfer window.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

His huddiness wasn’t helped by some of the abuse though. Surely you, as an experienced manager, would know that?  ?

He was given a chance and he was crap.

2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

We would be ridiculed by press and supporters alike for signing and releasing a player in just over a week (rightly so)...seems to be zero strategy to the Hibs transfer window.

Lucky all round Bain didn't play for them

Just now, JamboGraham said:

In fairness.....

Lennon probably thinks Allen will bring more to the team than Bain. He could only have one player on loan from Dundee so sacrificed Bain.....a GK to warm the bench for 4 months will be easier to find than a midfielder he rates.

He did make the standard sickly comment about not being able to deny a player the opportunity to join Celtic though.

3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

He is going to one of the only 2 clubs that matter.

Ray, as you’re a self-admitted Hibs fan...isn’t .net more the place to be tonight...?

I am also interested in how hearts are doing, my late dad was a jambo and when I lived in Edinburgh [long time ago] and Hibs weren't playing, I'd go to Tynecastle and not to see them lose

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

They need a goalscorer, and they have just got rid of a good one. Fontaine is solid at the back too, alot of big decisions made in a few days for them

Murray

9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Murray scored great goals against Rangers and Hearts, but not really that great, runs about a lot, often offside, not a natural finisher and poor at linking play and holding up.  Fontaine, really wish him well, very good player and a very decent person, Porteous is a cracking prospect.

9 minutes ago, ray- said:

I am also interested in how hearts are doing, my late dad was a jambo and when I lived in Edinburgh [long time ago] and Hibs weren't playing, I'd go to Tynecastle and not to see them lose

Murray

Murray scored great goals against Rangers and Hearts, but not really that great, runs about a lot, often offside, not a natural finisher and poor at linking play and holding up.  Fontaine, really wish him well, very good player and a very decent person, Porteous is a cracking prospect.

You seem decent Ray, hope ye remember yer a guest on our forum tho so dinnae get too wide?

As with every other 'non jambo' on this board tho, I'd make it compulsory for you to have a Hibs badge as yer avatar...you so we ken at a glance that yer 'one o them'?

??

34 minutes ago, ray- said:

Sorry Ray, the anger isn't directed at you :D

I'm ****ing sick to my back teeth of hearing about how great Scott Allan is. He's 26 now, so not the young laddie that was full of potential 8/9 years ago. His stats aren't world beating, perhaps decent or average for an attacking midfielder but nothing folk should be creaming themselves about. Its hard to compare his stats anywhere because the itchy footed **** can't stay anywhere long enough to draw meaningful stats. His Championship season was marginally better statistically than Paterson Goals/Assists 2(17) vs 7(9) who is a right back ffs. For the amount of media attention he was getting you would think he was the Scottish Messi. Remind me, how many caps does he have? He did fantastically well breaking into that Celtic team to- oh wait. 

Allan is all hype, a decent player yes. But not the world beater folk seem duped into believing he is. 

Again, not directed at you Ray, just pissed off Allan is being discussed like he has achieved anything in the game. He's done nothing, and will continue to do nothing.

...a bit disco

If you need a player who'll tie himself in knots for 90 minutes attempting reverse passes, Scott Allan is very much your man.

20 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Lennon probably thinks Allen will bring more to the team than Bain. He could only have one player on loan from Dundee so sacrificed Bain.....a GK to warm the bench for 4 months will be easier to find than a midfielder he rates.

Allen is on loan from Celtic. For Bain to go to Celtic hibs had to terminate the loan

...a bit disco

Aberdeen 1 up on Ross Co.

Hibs 1 up.

New Swiss felly.

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Aberdeen 1 up on Ross Co.

Hibs 1 up.

New Swiss felly.

Ffs im cheesed aff noo

...a bit disco
Just now, sadj said:

Ffs im cheesed aff noo

:lol:

Getting my threads mixed up now!

...a bit disco
Just now, sadj said:

Swiss cheese brain? ??

Melted mate.

:biggrin:

...a bit disco

Hayley McQueen eating pizza. Just because...

DU5VED8XUAAJj-W.jpg

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Hayley McQueen eating pizza. Just because...

DU5VED8XUAAJj-W.jpg

Something awful appealing about that pic ??

AuldReekie444

These moments must be intense for a lot of footballers and their families. A lot won't know where they will be, or if they are wanted. 

[first bit deleted -- Peebles]

Meanwhile, I'm utterly gutted that Ross County has beaten us to Liam Fontaine, one of the four central defenders better than Berra that Hibs had.

Here's one I hoped we at least looked at..don't know enough to say sign him but I hope we had a look

Connor Shields of Albion Rovers to Sunderland..from reports was their best player on Monday night

AuldReekie444
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Here's one I hoped we at least looked at..don't know enough to say sign him but I hope we had a look

Connor Shields of Albion Rovers to Sunderland..from reports was their best player on Monday night

Radio Scotland pundits mentioned his name a lot last night. They were very clear about it.

18 minutes ago, AuldReekie444 said:

These moments must be intense for a lot of footballers and their families. A lot won't know where they will be, or if they are wanted. 

Not helped by the frenzy created by the media and stoked by the agents. I think it is a vile, artificial process designed to boost ratings and line people's pockets. Cant think of one discernible advantage from the old system (which wasnt necessarily perfect or ideal but better than this cluster****

...a bit disco

So Celtic could sign Hendry and Bain and Hibs get Scott Allan. We lose our best defender and most creative player and get Simon Murray? Does the deal hinge on Brendan Rodgers and Neil Lennon getting a shot of all our birds as well? Sake

Yeah Dundee do seem like pretty heavy losers in this window :lol:

Looks like we won't be getting another striker then. Be surprised if we score more than 15 goals in what remains of the season. 

BBC -Paperwork done for [goalkeeper] Scott Bain to Celtic. There seems to be an issue with the Jack Hendry deal though. It was very close earlier but Dundee stalling...

10 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

The boy Borthwick  now tweeting that’s all business done at Tyne

Very, very underwhelming if true. 

I'm delighted the club have moved on a lot of players, but we could really be doing with one more attacker in the door.

Archived