The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

AuldReekie444
5 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Very, very underwhelming if true. 

I'm delighted the club have moved on a lot of players, but we could really be doing with one more attacker in the door.

I am certain they did what they could. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

If you need a player who'll tie himself in knots for 90 minutes attempting reverse passes, Scott Allan is very much your man.

Maybe Lennon sees him as a goalie.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Maybe Lennon sees him as a goalie.

He's a Celtic player, so that's good enough for Lennon. And Hibs.

Disappointed not to sign a striker and do worry that we're light but overall definitely a good thing that we seem to be focusing on quality not quantity for a change! Good window for us.

Only icing on the cake would have been getting Martin and Noring out but was always going to be a challenge. Good news on Lafferty staying too.

12 minutes ago, Simo said:

Disappointed not to sign a striker and do worry that we're light but overall definitely a good thing that we seem to be focusing on quality not quantity for a change! Good window for us.

Only icing on the cake would have been getting Martin and Noring out but was always going to be a challenge. Good news on Lafferty staying too.

Were better balanced now so with Laff upfront we now have attacking/secondary/aux strikers in Skinny , Danny and Naismith. We scored three away at Hamilton with hard work and pressing forcing mistakes. Push Amankwaa up and pull Brandon in on the right etc. There is options so its 50/50 if were light there or not

16 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Who have Dundee brought in or is he being loaned back to them?

Allan could be just to appease the hobos. Hes not done much since he left them apart though was decent by all accounts against ICT

manaliveits105

Can anyone confirm  the total number of clubs who have made bids  for ^super^Banjo Boy in this window 

I am guessing none lennon ya complete fanni 

stranraer-jambo
5 minutes ago, Al The Jambo said:

RWe have just signed someone according to sky sports news. Just missed who it was...sorry ,a loan though

Rewind clip?

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Anybody got any news on any late Burton Albion signings??? Come on guys?

HOw bad/good has Joe Mason been this season. 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Anybody got any news on any late Burton Albion signings??? Come on guys?

Was just away ask if youd brought anyone new in... Haber?

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Can anyone confirm  the total number of clubs who have made bids  for ^super^Banjo Boy in this window 

I am guessing none lennon ya complete fanni 

Must be the 5million price tag

Just now, soonbe110 said:

HOw bad/good has Joe Mason been this season. 

He came on in the second half of his first game.....cross came in..... Scored with his first touch....That's the last of I saw of him. He has been in hospital for a number of weeks with a ruptured appendix.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Was just away ask if youd brought anyone new in... Haber?

Darren Bent and some laddie from Man City

Darren Bent and some laddie from Man City

That going to be enough to keep you up? 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

He came on in the second half of his first game.....cross came in..... Scored with his first touch....That's the last of I saw of him. He has been in hospital for a number of weeks with a ruptured appendix.

Still nothing confirmed re his move to Bolton. Or us!

Ooh not good

Dundee seem to be getting shafted.

Losing their main attacking creator, their best defender and getting a striker who can't finish.

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, ray- said:

I am also interested in how hearts are doing, my late dad was a jambo and when I lived in Edinburgh [long time ago] and Hibs weren't playing, I'd go to Tynecastle and not to see them lose

Murray

Murray scored great goals against Rangers and Hearts, but not really that great, runs about a lot, often offside, not a natural finisher and poor at linking play and holding up.  Fontaine, really wish him well, very good player and a very decent person, Porteous is a cracking prospect.

I was meaning Stokes. What he's done in a Hibs shirt id never have released him, that bit of star quality, who cares if he isn't the best pro neither was Lennon

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

That going to be enough to keep you up? 

Not a chance. Its been fun while it lasted. 2,700 there last night....in the Championship ???

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Very, very underwhelming if true. 

I'm delighted the club have moved on a lot of players, but we could really be doing with one more attacker in the door.

Would have been nice but there's no need to panic, plenty money in the bank for the summer

JamboCampbell

22 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Celtic are after some utter shite. Carson and Hendry ffs :lol:

£1 million beong quoted for Hendry.

surely means Souttar is worth £4-£5 million

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Not a chance. Its been fun while it lasted. 2,700 there last night....in the Championship ???

Whats the capacity there? Is that a poor crowd for you? Is there parachute payments when you drop out the championship?

AuldReekie444

As a footballer, you can really learn to appreciate where you are in the scheme of things, by the end of January.

Our window has been much better than West Ham’s. Sell Ayew for 18 Mil and Diafra Sakho. Sign a boy from ••••••••• Preston!

Run by ••••••••• charlatans 

Hope he’s a Vardy or Ian Wright but expect he’ll be a Joey Beauchamp.

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Our window has been much better than West Ham’s. Sell Ayew for 18 Mil and Diafra Sakho. Sign a boy from ••••••••• Preston!

Just reading about Hammers' director of recruitment saying "We don’t want any more Africans" in an email 

When asked why:

"Because we had three and we felt we didn’t particularly want any more African players.”

Asked why, Henry replied: “Erm, no reason. It’s nothing racist at all. It’s just sometimes they can have a bad attitude.”

‘We had problems with Sakho, with Diafra Sakho. We find that when they are not in the team they cause mayhem. It’s nothing against the African race at all.”

Asked if he thought his view was discriminatory towards African players, Henry asked: “In what way?"

:laugh: oh West ham!

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Whats your thoughts on Tom Cairney, decent player but madness Fulham expected £30m for him.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Just reading about Hammers' director of recruitment saying "We don’t want any more Africans" in an email 

When asked why:

Honestly. The club is being absolutely wrecked. Can see it going F.C. West Ham if it continues. Worst board in the EPL, for now ?

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Whats your thoughts on Tom Cairney, decent player but madness Fulham expected £30m for him.

The money’s mad but that’s the way it is now. Quite liked Ayew and his brother. Worries me other potential strugglers strengthening 

14 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

When asked why:

It’s the sort of thick-ass shit that some of the undereducated Up here believe too. What an absolute wally! :rofl:

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bet he keeps them in line though.

Honestly though, what a tit that guy is. If he’s in the job this time next week...(which if Karen Brady’s got anything to say about it...he won’t be)...but if he is...West Ham will get hounded until he’s gone. Rightly.

Insane thing to say even if he believes that to put it in a public domain is ridiculous....

Thats even more ridiculous than Murtys comments about a confused Morelos and Ross Countys goalie... again

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

What’s the bottom bit? Morelos confused where China is supposedly? RC goalie?

Sorry was off tweetering....

Ross County goalie had another mare 2mins 50 into bbc highlights , Murty said they have a confused young lad cause hes seen all these poundsigns and its up to them to look after him. Just sounded so suspect. See if you can find it. I saw it on Skysports.

See Stoke have signed some lad on a 4.5year deal. Madness when they changed the manager and are struggling

AuldReekie444
4 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Not helped by the frenzy created by the media and stoked by the agents. I think it is a vile, artificial process designed to boost ratings and line people's pockets. Cant think of one discernible advantage from the old system (which wasnt necessarily perfect or ideal but better than this cluster****

i suppose it limits it to two windows , rather than the whole year

The Future's Maroon

Window closed, we are not done yet though.

So now I will put my neck on the line....Names I was told we at least enquired about which obviously haven't happened, but we either tried or at least asked which I will now say...

Mcgeogh, Gray, Murray (yes Hibs), May (Aberdeen).

Cadden, Sow, Steven Fletcher, Charlie Adam, Scott Allan.

A couple of youngsters from Newcastle one foreign, one English...both strikers. Someone Hollander, I think from West Ham.

Even a cheeky enquiry about Adam King not that that was likely.

We tried, things changed over last few days.

As said at start, we are not finished just yet...

i await the the backlash from this post, I also hope a couple of the ITK'er folk back me up.

12 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Mcgeogh, Gray, Murray (yes Hibs), 

Steven Fletcher, Scott Allan.

Not even close to being ITK, so I won't challenge you

But that's an awful lot of Hibs connections right there

Imagine the response on here if all of those came off.... at least we'd have brought in 2 strikers, so some would have been pleased 

The Future's Maroon
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

Not even close to being ITK, so I won't challenge you

But that's an awful lot of Hibs connections right there

I know, that's what's scary, Jason C was another but we were never going to get him.

16 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Window closed, we are not done yet though.

So now I will put my neck on the line....Names I was told we at least enquired about which obviously haven't happened, but we either tried or at least asked which I will now say...

Mcgeogh, Gray, Murray (yes Hibs), May (Aberdeen).

Cadden, Sow, Steven Fletcher, Charlie Adam, Scott Allan.

A couple of youngsters from Newcastle one foreign, one English...both strikers. Someone Hollander, I think from West Ham.

Even a cheeky enquiry about Adam King not that that was likely.

We tried, things changed over last few days.

As said at start, we are not finished just yet...

i await the the backlash from this post, I also hope a couple of the ITK'er folk back me up.

Brave ?? I’ll back you up with the people who’ve passed info to me mentioning these names also and others of similar ilk. 

The level of ambition is amazing and the more we try and bring this level of player , whilst we build an infrastructure to continually improve funding the more they will start to come. Bigger , better , stronger and keeping the hobos forever in our shadow

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I know, that's what's scary, Jason C was another but we were never going to get him.

Jason C and Gray started out at Hearts at least so they may have been given some slack there. Mind you Gray is their captain, that's a tough pill to swallow

As for McGeogh... Celtic youth, to Rangers youth, to Celtic, to Hibs, to Hearts. That's just not on!

2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Jason C and Gray started out at Hearts at least so they may have been given some slack there. Mind you Gray is their captain, that's a tough pill to swallow

As for McGeogh... Celtic youth, to Rangers youth, to Celtic, to Hibs, to Hearts. That's just not on!

He is however the one player in their team i wouldn't mind in ours. He would be a quality player if he was to stay injury free. 

34 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

This isn't true.

I'm rarely in the know but my friend works for Forrest and talked to him regularly when he was there.

Archived