The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

11 hours ago, Taffin said:

He's made the squad lots this season.

How many games has he played though - i know he scored in the League Cup.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SaughtonJambo
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Glad to see he's became a joke. Hopefully his career as an agent falls apart. Utter helmet of a guy.

Seems he might have a big payday on the cards soon as Barry Douglas starring in a wolves team that looked to have sealed promotion. Agent Aldo will be looking to have his wages doubled and a slice for himself 

20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

How many games has he played though - i know he scored in the League Cup.

Not many. Though making their squad at 21 is very impressive. He's kept out of a team by Willian, Hazard and Pedro. 

Feel free to talk him down all you want but he'll tear this league up if Celtic play to his strengths. He's no world beater yet but he's the best player in the league now.

16 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Not many. Though making their squad at 21 is very impressive. He's kept out of a team by Willian, Hazard and Pedro. 

Feel free to talk him down all you want but he'll tear this league up if Celtic play to his strengths. He's no world beater yet but he's the best player in the league now.

Think we'll have to wait and see if this 'wonderkid' is all you say he is.

Personally, I think if he was really that good he'd be playing for Chelsea (who tbh are rather ordinary at present, IMO).

The guy is 21 y-o and has only played 27 first team games (24 in Spain for Betis and 3 for Chelsea) so a large %age of his games in his career so far have been at an age-group level. To talk about him being 'the best player in the league now' is, at best, premature. Let's see how he does up here before we judge him.

Having said that, he'll probably rip us a new one tonight....

11 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Think we'll have to wait and see if this 'wonderkid' is all you say he is.

Personally, I think if he was really that good he'd be playing for Chelsea (who tbh are rather ordinary at present, IMO).

The guy is 21 y-o and has only played 27 first team games (24 in Spain for Betis and 3 for Chelsea) so a large %age of his games in his career so far have been at an age-group level. To talk about him being 'the best player in the league now' is, at best, premature. Let's see how he does up here before we judge him.

Having said that, he'll probably rip us a new one tonight....

Chelsea are a fair bit better than 'ordinary' at present, through the group in the Champions League and top four in the EPL. I wish we were that ordinary; also the players in his position are far from ordinary so there is no shame in failing to oust them at any age, let alone 21. One is probably a £100m player for goodness sake.

In fairness I haven't watched much of the teams in our league unless playing against us so I may have missed the other players who would compete for a place in team for the EPL Champions. 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I'm not talking him down - he would clearly stroll into any team up here - but we have seen players come up here with amazing reputations and price tags, and not really lived up to it.

It will come down to his attitude, and whether the celtc players can play with him effectively. I would let him make an appearance before labelling him the best player in our league right now (because, as we all know, that player is currently Christophe Berra ;))

And don't bother quoting this back at me after he scores 4 tonight :tongue:

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'm not talking him down - he would clearly stroll into any team up here - but we have seen players come up here with amazing reputations and price tags, and not really lived up to it.

It will come down to his attitude, and whether the celtc players can play with him effectively. I would let him make an appearance before labelling him the best player in our league right now (because, as we all know, that player is currently Christophe Berra ;))

Christopher Berra is certainly my favourite. I hope Musonda is a flop and it doesn't work out for him here but I do think he's a cut above.

19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Christopher Berra is certainly my favourite. I hope Musonda is a flop and it doesn't work out for him here but I do think he's a cut above.

If he plays tonight, I hope Charlie Boy gets to meet Mr Berra very quickly

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Definitely better waiting.

I remember Barton was going to stroll the league before a ball was kicked.

The boy was murder.

10 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Definitely better waiting.

I remember Barton was going to stroll the league before a ball was kicked.

The boy was murder.

Tore Andre Flo srping to mind.

Plus, who can forget.......El Tanke!!!

6 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

Tomorrow night

Cheers.

Here's hoping we get John signed up on a nice long contract.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Cheers.

Here's hoping we get John signed up on a nice long contract.

I'd be extremely happy with a striker and big Jon signed up. Perty time if we chuck in a centre mid aswell

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

When does the window slam shut?

Hope there's lots of swoops, deadline day madness and and end o some transfer sagas.  Hoping for a few leaks peppered with exclusives as well.

Jim white will be busy hydrating today as to allow the maximum amount of slavers to leave his pie hole over the course of Tommorrow.

Not sure if mentioned but I see Stockton has quickly rubbished the Scottish League, claiming it's no better than League Two.

Carlisle better not be expecting much then.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, MrB1to4 said:

I'd be extremely happy with a striker and big Jon signed up. Perty time if we chuck in a centre mid aswell

Another striker would be good but i’d Settle for the squad as it is. Easy to make mistakes in January. I’d probably hold fire until the summer now unless we stumble across a no brainer

You have to love the spending power of the EPL, especially City. One of their main attackers is injured and out for a period of time, so they pop out and spend £60 million on Mahrez to head to Manchester today to replace him while he is out. Bonkers but for City fans, that must be superb.

fabienleclerq
25 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Not sure if mentioned but I see Stockton has quickly rubbished the Scottish League, claiming it's no better than League Two.

He was always going to do it, he'd struggle to get a game at the pitz aswell.

Did Murty not say he doesn’t deal with the incomings and outgoings as he just said he doesnt need to bring anyone in but has no doubt he will get phonecall after phonecall after phonecall between now and end of the window. So he might just turn his phone off on the bus tomorrow. (I get the tongue in cheek aspect before anyone points it out) 

RenfrewHearts
44 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

:lol: after not scoring a goal? Brilliant.

English league superstars who have strolled it up here

- Roy Keane

- Freddy Lljundberg

-Joey Barton

-Francis Jeffers

- Dion Dublin

-Tore Andre Flo

Managed about 1 good game between them.

See how this wunderkind does getting punted around scotlands mud fields

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

- Roy Keane

- Freddy Lljundberg

-Joey Barton

-Francis Jeffers

- Dion Dublin

-Tore Andre Flo

Don't forget FASH

36 minutes ago, Jamos said:

You have to love the spending power of the EPL, especially City. One of their main attackers is injured and out for a period of time, so they pop out and spend £60 million on Mahrez to head to Manchester today to replace him while he is out. Bonkers but for City fans, that must be superb.

I think Mahrez is a cracking player. 60 mil for him, these days is a decent deal

11 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

- Roy Keane

- Freddy Lljundberg

-Joey Barton

-Francis Jeffers

- Dion Dublin

-Tore Andre Flo

Yep, he's a guaranteed failure because of this list of players who were in a totally similar situation to him. He's definitely not comparable to successes like Patrick Roberts.

9 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

- Roy Keane

- Freddy Lljundberg

-Joey Barton

-Francis Jeffers

- Dion Dublin

-Tore Andre Flo

Bruno Alves is pish too, Carlton Cole, Olivier Kapo, James Beattie, Diouf, Henchoz, Jarosik, Gravesen, Braafheid, Juarez, Berkovic, Majstorovic, I could really go on for ever

there's been plenty of players who people just assume will walk this league who have flopped hard, our game is of poorer quality than europes top leagues however it is unique, it's not as simple as fifa

rudi must stay
20 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

- Roy Keane

- Freddy Lljundberg

-Joey Barton

-Francis Jeffers

- Dion Dublin

-Tore Andre Flo

There is a theme there though, they werent in their early 20's. Musonda has abit of arrogance about him, got to have that to play for them

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

'The league where I could barely get a game, never mind score a goal is about the same level as the team that I have joined'. 

Carlisle fans must be delighted at that statement. 

The league's are completely different styles, mostly due to the difference in technical ability. There is no way any EPL player in his first game here would be able to cope with the pace of the game or the "robustness", it is simply a different version of football. However, if the player has the technical ability and is young enough with the hunger still, he should adapt quickly and make his mark. Sadly the majority on that list were at the end of their careers and simply picking up one last pay check. 

Scott Sinclair is a decent example of how a poor EPL player can do well up here, treated like Maradona at Celtic but struggled every club he was at in the EPL, including a shockingly poor Villa team. I can see this lad doing very well at Celtic unfortunately.

Ian Wright too- came up here and was utter gash

cannot see a young Chelsea buck wanting to be scrapping with the Darien Mackinnons of this world whilst skiting around on plastic.

Career Ending - could be the description of this for the silky baller

6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

cannot see a young Chelsea buck wanting to be scrapping with the Darien Mackinnons of this world whilst skiting around on plastic.

What are your thoughts on Demi so far then? Young EPL player on loan, also a skillful silky ball player .. any difference from Masunda apart from the fact he has broken through into the Chelsea first team this season. If your fast enough and good enough, grunts like Mackinnon can't even get near you to work out how to kick you ;)

Mackinnon got a dull one on Saturday so hopefully out for a few months:pleased:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The answer to the EPL SPL one can be summarised in 1 word, attitude.

Most clearly have greater ability, but can they apply it?

8 hours ago, Jamos said:

Where did you get this from.

FFP2 coming up,I'm surprised there is not a lot more big clubs spending this transfer window.

11 minutes ago, Jamos said:

What are your thoughts on Demi so far then? Young EPL player on loan, also a skillfuly silky ball player .. any difference from Masunda apart from the fact he has broken through into the Chelsea first team this season. If your fast enough and good enough, grunts like Mackinnon can't even get near you to work out how to kick you ;)

He's no Paul Mccallum that's for sure

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Lot of folk who know nothing about Musonda setting themselves up for a fall here.

Lot of young dudes from the EPL knew nothing about the SPL and set themselves up for a fall too.

Who was the winger we had on lone as well Ch something

utter gash

3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Lot of young dudes from the EPL knew nothing about the SPL and set themselves up for a fall too.

utter gash

From Stoke :lol:

Whatever, guess we'll have to wait and see.

6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Lot of folk who know nothing about Musonda setting themselves up for a fall here.

Spoke to someone from Chelsea u23's earlier today about him, basically confirmed what Preston was rambling on about yesterday. The boy is a player

...a bit disco
10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Indeed.

Word I'm getting is this boys a cut above.

Makes Patrick Roberts look shite.

Portable Badger
11 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

utter gash

Choulay 

4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Indeed.

Word I'm getting is this boys a cut above.

Makes Patrick Roberts look shite.

Heard the same about that Swedish striker from Man City- diving toley, canny mind his name

And Henning Berg too..................................................

...a bit disco

Heard the same about that Swedish striker from Man City- diving toley, canny mind his name

And Henning Berg too..................................................

Guidetti?

:lol:

Tbf, he was a bit of a dick.

My info is from players who've gone head to head with him.

Can he can do it on a cold, foggy Tuesday in Dingwall? Another story maybe...

3 hours ago, MrB1to4 said:

surely we can extend big Jons contract at any time so we dont need to rush to do it before the window SLAMS SHUTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

surely we can extend big Jons contract at any time so we dont need to rush to do it before the window SLAMS SHUTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

We could, but getting him signed up would be a pretty big deal.

Imagine Hamilton was playing tonight.

Archived