The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Steve Clarke says Rangers bid was easy to turn down as it was so low

That's all the proof needed to see that Rangers are in serious financial trouble (prob  leading to admin).............a buying club puts in a low first offer clearly indicating funds are just not available to complete the purchase

Have I got that right ?

Hagar the Horrible
23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

That's all the proof needed to see that Rangers are in serious financial trouble (prob  leading to admin).............a buying club puts in a low first offer clearly indicating funds are just not available to complete the purchase

Have I got that right ?

Nope its does however make the buying club a joke....job done coz they iz a joke

whats next is SMSM headlines " Jones...Release me from my Rugby Park hell"

But not only in this occasion the £350k was serious, but they wanted only to pay £150k then the rest in never ending installments, thats make the joke not so funny,  The trouble is they wont come back with a realistic offer that make Killie listen to the offer, instead they will try and unsettle the player.  So not only was the total amount a joke, they only wanted to pay 40% of that joke offer up front.

Rangers wont go into admin soon, but theyy are going to have to stop shopping in Waitrose and start going to the foodbank

Bit frustrating we haven't brought any attackers in yet. Realistically its too late for someone to come in now and be put straight in the team for Sunday.

I know we are being careful financially hence not agreeing terms with a few players but really had hoped we would have someone in for the cup game given how important it is for our season.

14 minutes ago, Mort said:

Bit frustrating we haven't brought any attackers in yet. Realistically its too late for someone to come in now and be put straight in the team for Sunday.

I know we are being careful financially hence not agreeing terms with a few players but really had hoped we would have someone in for the cup game given how important it is for our season.

It is frustrating because we really need to win this game big time.

Looks like Stockton will lead the line.

Hard to see where the goals will come from once again.:mellow:

Carl Fredrickson
3 hours ago, RDSK said:

Just noticed Jack Rodwell has had his contract cancelled... excellent midfielder you say ?

I hope not. Started off well at Everton and looked a decent prospect. Man City move was only good for his bank balance. 

Sunderland is a strange one. Basket case of a club paying £10m for him. He hasnt set the heather alight for them and for most of this season he has been physically fit. 

Simon Grayson said he couldnt play Jack Rodwell as his mind wasnt in the right place. Since Coleman took over I do not think (willing to be proved wrong) that he has played for the first team. Think the guy may have issues that are affecting him and hope he is ok but I would not want to see him sign for us. 

JamboCampbell
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It is frustrating because we really need to win this game big time.

Looks like Stockton will lead the line.

Hard to see where the goals will come from once again.:mellow:

Agree.

Worrying. Really worrying! 

10 hours ago, Big Moysey said:

Would be strange to sign a centre back ......unless someone moving out??

Can't be too confident about Hughes lasting the full season ,.... good shout really.

Alternatively, the Soapy rumors might just resurface and gather some pace towards the end of the window.

Or both !

Nothing wrong with a bit succession planning.

33 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I hope not. Started off well at Everton and looked a decent prospect. Man City move was only good for his bank balance. 

Sunderland is a strange one. Basket case of a club paying £10m for him. He hasnt set the heather alight for them and for most of this season he has been physically fit. 

Simon Grayson said he couldnt play Jack Rodwell as his mind wasnt in the right place. Since Coleman took over I do not think (willing to be proved wrong) that he has played for the first team. Think the guy may have issues that are affecting him and hope he is ok but I would not want to see him sign for us. 

Think hes having an operation tomorrow and is out for 4 months. Interestingly there are reports that Chelsea are after him. Not sure if I’m missing a joke but that would be a shocking move if true considering his performances for Sunderland. 

RenfrewHearts
5 hours ago, WageThief said:

Sky Sports are saying 'Rangers agree Martin deal'.  

Fingers crossed it is Malaury.

:lol:

he’d score a free kick against us :( !

2 hours ago, Mort said:

Unless something happens in the next couple of days were seriously limited and weaker than last time we played Hibs. Stated a couple of weeks ago that time is running out to get a couple of players in until our season defining game and was told to calm down among other things :). Walker has been sold, Lafferty won't be involved so hoping Djoum is fit? and somehow we persuade Naismith to sign. Fingers crossed  

8 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Unless something happens in the next couple of days were seriously limited and weaker than last time we played Hibs. Stated a couple of weeks ago that time is running out to get a couple of players in until our season defining game and was told to calm down among other things :). Walker has been sold, Lafferty won't be involved so hoping Djoum is fit? and somehow we persuade Naismith to sign. Fingers crossed  

Walker did the square root of **** all against Hibs. We will probably miss Lafferty though. On the positive side we have Cochrane back who was a massive miss against Hibs, and Hughes and Djoum are back too. We have also added a very highly rated Manchester United LWB. I do not think we are significantly weaker than last time we faced them.

whilst I do think Walker has more ability than most of our squad I also think that the team has performed better this season without him

If Djoum, Walker and Isma had started that match against Celtic I don't believe we would have won 4-0, I think the team will be of a similar strength to the one which played in the last derby

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Walker did the square root of **** all against Hibs. We will probably miss Lafferty though. On the positive side we have Cochrane back who was a massive miss against Hibs, and Hughes and Djoum are back too. We have also added a very highly rated Manchester United LWB. I do not think we are significantly weaker than last time we faced them.

Fair enough regarding Walker against Hibs, but he is a creative player that on his day can make things happen. Looking forward to see Cochrane but due to his age don't think he"ll last more than an hour and with Lafferty out id probably rather start with Stockton up top on his own as Isma just doesn't look interested. Again looking forward to seeing how Man U LWB Mitchell plays and hope he's up for a battle. Is Djoum fit? as i didnt see his name mentioned in Valencia. Possibly glass half empty at the moment due to no signings with less than a week until our biggest game of the season.  As i said fingers crossed. 

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Fair enough regarding Walker against Hibs, but he is a creative player that on his day can make things happen. Looking forward to see Cochrane but due to his age don't think he"ll last more than an hour and with Lafferty out id probably rather start with Stockton up top on his own as Isma just doesn't look interested. Again looking forward to seeing how Man U LWB Mitchell plays and hope he's up for a battle. Is Djoum fit? as i didnt see his name mentioned in Valencia. Possibly glass half empty at the moment due to no signings with less than a week until our biggest game of the season.  As i said fingers crossed. 

All fair points. I just think we missed Cochrane last time, more than we will miss Walker. I actually just assumed Djoum was back, not 100% on that one actually. Yeah, fingers crossed too.

19 minutes ago, Ryder said:

All fair points. I just think we missed Cochrane last time, more than we will miss Walker. I actually just assumed Djoum was back, not 100% on that one actually. Yeah, fingers crossed too.

Djoum like a few others carrying injuries stayed at home to get ready for Derby. Hopefully ?

16 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Djoum like a few others carrying injuries stayed at home to get ready for Derby. Hopefully ?

Good to hear. Hope the right one turns up. ?

30 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Good to hear. Hope the right one turns up. ?

Djoum is by far and away our best midfielder, even when he's not at his best.

Just now, feedthefox said:

And that proves how bad our midfield actually is 

1 minute ago, feedthefox said:

Big fan when he is at the races. Wasn’t for months until Levein came in though. During those months I don’t think he was our best midfielder personally. Cochrane and Djoum could be very good imo. 

Portable Badger

Rangers have signed Jason Cummings from Nottingham Forest on loan until the end of the season, with the option to buy the Scotland forward.

Cummings, 22, who joined Forest in the summer from Hibernian, has scored four goals this season and made his senior international debut in November.

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

whilst I do think Walker has more ability than most of our squad I also think that the team has performed better this season without him

If Djoum, Walker and Isma had started that match against Celtic I don't believe we would have won 4-0, I think the team will be of a similar strength to the one which played in the last derby

On the whole?  (Point about Walker).  I can’t agree with that.

People are rightly getting carried away with the 4-0 v Celtic but it was a fantastic, one-off performance were things aligned but Walker started to play well under CL after coming back from injury.

He was at the heart of most of our goal threat in the run of home matches at Tynie. Got us the lead v Hamilton with ten men and carried us forward to make one or two other moments. 

A lot of people are pinning their hopes on Cochrane stepping in immediately to produce consistent performances but we should be wary.

Manchester City withdraw from the race to sign Sanchez...looks like he'll be Manchester United bound in next 24 hours or so

Just now, CJGJ said:

Manchester City withdraw from the race to sign Sanchez...looks like he'll be Manchester United bound in next 24 hours or so

unless, sanchez decides to wait until the summer

Borders Jambo

My worry is what may happen to Cochrane.  I wouldn't put it past Lennon to assign someone to take him out.

14 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Think that's harsh.

I dont Fox we have been diabolical in the engine room. Buaben still games game time Djoum hasnt turned up since his 1st Cameroon call up the emergance off McDonald and cochrane is my only bit of faith i hold onto that it may get better 

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

My worry is what may happen to Cochrane.  I wouldn't put it past Lennon to assign someone to take him out.

I'm sure the lads will look after him.

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

I dont Fox we have been diabolical in the engine room. Buaben still games game time Djoum hasnt turned up since his 1st Cameroon call up the emergance off McDonald and cochrane is my only bit of faith i hold onto that it may get better 

Djoum has been excellent in every game under Levein.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Berra and co. Hardly a shrinking violet if needs be!!

You also don’t go worrying about such things. You put your best players out there and if some clogger targets them, then they need to be dealt with by the referee. If he ****s up, you take the ***** to the cleaners. 

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

You also don’t go worrying about such things. You put your best players out there and if some clogger targets them, then they need to be dealt with by the referee. If he ****s up, you take the ***** to the cleaners. 

What I will say is we need to wise up. Make more noise when crunched. Surround the ref at any opportunity. I hate seeing it but hibs have done it every game and its got them advantages in the games.

4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Djoum has been excellent in every game under Levein.

I think Djoum does more and plays better than people give him credit for.

As it stands 

McLaughlin 

souttar Berra Hughes 

randall cowie Cochrane Mitchell 

djoum(if fit) 

Stockton 

1 minute ago, feedthefox said:

I think Djoum does more and plays better than people give him credit for.

Likewise...

Just now, Official_AB said:

As it stands 

McLaughlin 

souttar Berra Hughes 

djoum(if fit) 

Stockton 

Thats only 10

1 minute ago, Official_AB said:

As it stands 

McLaughlin 

souttar Berra Hughes 

djoum(if fit) 

Stockton 

Said elsewhere

mcloughlin

randall smith souttar berra mitchell

Brandon Cochrane Djoum Skinny

Isma

but was told that as Hibs midfield is world beating we need a ball winner in midfield. Hons play over the top a lot into channels to run on to. So with that we’d have fluidity to deal with that and break quick or play through midfield. If we needed a ball winner play Cowie or Prince , Djoum in the middle with Randall and Mitchell wing backs Cochrane and Skinny in front and Isma up top

so 

mclaughlin

souttar smith/hughes berra

randall djoum cowie/prince mitchell

cochrane skinny

isma/stockton

worth a try Randall and Mitchell would be well suited to that and may negate Boyle and Brandon 

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Boydy giving Rangers a kicking.

DTna-3aXUAELk-_.jpg

Rangers behaviour when coveting players from other Scottish clubs is a disgrace 

Hamilton and Kilmarnock are quite right to tell them to **** off 

downunder jambo

Aussie Tim Cahill interested in coming to Hearts?

Could be a good shout for the rest of the season.

Getting on a bit but still very fit and still scoring goals.

Keen to be playing regularly in the hope pof getting picked for the World Cup finals.

EXCLUSIVE Cahill courts Hearts and Hibernian after Millwall miss _ The World Game.html

I would take Cahill. 

I know he's 38 but he has kept himself in good condition and he is driven by a desire to play and play in the world cup. Not just pick up a wage.

Should please the crowd who think our season is over if we exit the cup. Lafferty unavailable so some cash in for him, and money to help ensure we can recruit for the only important game left this season.

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Should please the crowd who think our season is over if we exit the cup. Lafferty unavailable so some cash in for him, and money to help ensure we can recruit for the only important game left this season.

The question I have for them is this 

What happens if we put Hibs out the cup, lose the next round and then get papped in the following Derby? Does hinging our whole season on one game seem reasonable at that time or will Levein get hounded again? 

Or if we lose in the following round beat Hibs at Fester but have nothing to play for in the last Derby at Tynecastle, is That then the most important game of the season? What happens if we lose that one? 

I for one will be raging if we lose to that shower of shite on Sunday but the reality is I want to finish above them this season so there is still loads to play for 

Archived