Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Jeff

• Rudolf's Mate

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

I've put around $600 in. Currently sitting at $1800.

I've only used $230 on Ripple. The rest is a lot more diversified and that has made me around 20% but the $230 for Ripple is now sitting at $1120.

Got my target set for when I'll bail. If it gets above that I'll see how far it keeps climbing but if it starts lowering back down towards my target again then I'll close everything and leave happy as it will basically wipe out all my short term debt.

This is my plan too. I'm all in on Ripple but its very volatile in the last 36 hours.. I'm about £2k up in 2 weeks with it and I'll be cashing in one of the 3 positions when it goes to $4 and sticks there or starts to drop. If it goes above $4 and doesn't look like dropping I'll keep it till it does.(which might take a while longer after the recent drops) I'm using it to pay off short term debt also. The problem being I have the short term debt of a mid size Caribbean island

41 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Oh hello Bitcoin

If you guys were on the ball you would have noted that I was shifting some funds from BTC to TRX and XRP and that the obvious result was that BTC would go through the roof as a result :(

13 hours ago, Smithee said:

BTW what made you choose ECA? I was thinking of committing more than 3 quid

TBH I was just looking at it at the time right time. The walls were falling fast, had a quick look, actually seems like an interesting project, so took the plunge. 

38 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

This business is too addictive. Have gone from a small bitcoin holding to owning a spread of about eight altcoins in the space of a week!

Reckon I'll be joining Gambler's Anonymous soon.

This! I originally just wanted to stick some money into BTC and ETH for FOMO reasons but since they stalled, I've ended up in 12 altcoins. I'm way too diversified right now and will likely consolidate after this BTC bullrun to altcoins that IMO I can look to hold rather than jumping around day to day.

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

This! I originally just wanted to stick some money into BTC and ETH for FOMO reasons but since they stalled, I've ended up in 12 altcoins. I'm way too diversified right now and will likely consolidate after this BTC bullrun to altcoins that IMO I can look to hold rather than jumping around day to day.

I keep feeling a bit negative about my overall total (blockfolio is great for keeping track of everything) but it's because I'm waiting for an ico distribution. Win, lose or draw I'm really glad I'm in an ico, really interested to see what happens once the coins are distributed. 

Dean Winchester
56 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

This is my plan too. I'm all in on Ripple but its very volatile in the last 36 hours.. I'm about £2k up in 2 weeks with it and I'll be cashing in one of the 3 positions when it goes to $4 and sticks there or starts to drop. If it goes above $4 and doesn't look like dropping I'll keep it till it does.(which might take a while longer after the recent drops) I'm using it to pay off short term debt also. The problem being I have the short term debt of a mid size Caribbean island

Yeah got volatile yesterday due to the Coinbase announcement. Reassuring that it hasn't dropped too much and I really can't see them not adding the 2nd biggest capped coin to their site at some point but I think all the accusations with BCH did them no favours.

Q4 report from Ripple should be interesting and still waiting on the partnership announcement with a "household name".

HeinzTomatoSoup

What are the best coins under $1?

Would like to invest in cheaper coins hoping they will rise and I can make good profit.

Rudolf's Mate

Anyone used EtherDelta, Mercatox, Bancor Network or COSS? Want to grab KIN however these are the only exchanges with pairs and I’ve never heard of them.

HeartOfWestLothian
10 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Nice to see Bitcoin make a bit of return to form but it's nowhere near its highest over the past month.

This happens all the time. 

Bitcoin shoots up, dips and corrects at a new lower high, consolidates then starts rising again. 

It's good to see money from the alts flowing into Bitcoin. 

HeartOfWestLothian
1 hour ago, HeinzTomatoSoup said:

What are the best coins under $1?

Would like to invest in cheaper coins hoping they will rise and I can make good profit.

Cheaper coins or dearer coins it doesn't matter. 

Your profit is given as a %. 

Rudolf's Mate

Bought 48,000 PAC for a few quid. Had to join another exchange to get them and it took me 2 hours to suss out how to ****ing do it. 

HeinzTomatoSoup
2 hours ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Bought 48,000 PAC for a few quid. Had to join another exchange to get them and it took me 2 hours to suss out how to ****ing do it. 

What exchange did you use?

Edited by HeinzTomatoSoup

Rudolf's Mate
9 hours ago, HeinzTomatoSoup said:

What exchange did you use?

I went with Cryptopia in the end. Quite new however a few of the forums/Reddit were really complimentary of it. Only issue I had was I watched 1 video and the way the boy exchanged was different from the way I eventually done it. It’s not quite as user friendly however after watching another video I was able to resolve the issue immediately. 

Seems really good for for lesser known coins. 

HeinzTomatoSoup
3 hours ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

I went with Cryptopia in the end. Quite new however a few of the forums/Reddit were really complimentary of it. Only issue I had was I watched 1 video and the way the boy exchanged was different from the way I eventually done it. It’s not quite as user friendly however after watching another video I was able to resolve the issue immediately. 

Seems really good for for lesser known coins. 

Cheers. I signed up and transferred coins but market is temporarily paused ?

Rudolf's Mate
38 minutes ago, HeinzTomatoSoup said:

Cheers. I signed up and transferred coins but market is temporarily paused ?

There was quite a few issues last night across several sites. That one seems to, like many others, seen a huge influx of new customers. 

The coin I was after was ridiculously low (0.00004, maybe missed some zeros lol) however it went up 400% in the time it took me to suss out how to exchange ? 

12 hours ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

There was quite a few issues last night across several sites. That one seems to, like many others, seen a huge influx of new customers. 

The coin I was after was ridiculously low (0.00004, maybe missed some zeros lol) however it went up 400% in the time it took me to suss out how to exchange ? 

What coin were you looking at? 

I've jumped on PAC, ZCL, DBG today as well. 

Rudolf's Mate
6 hours ago, Heres Rixxy said:

What coin were you looking at? 

I've jumped on PAC, ZCL, DBG today as well. 

I went for PAC. Only put a few quid on it however the price I got I was able to get over 46k of them lol. 

Definately going to to look at more on Cryptopia. More than happy to get a few of these and just forget about them. 

Ok lads I'm going to give this a try for maybe initially a ton. What do I download and what do you all reccomend. Remember I'm a builder and a total newbie to this. 

2 hours ago, Fandango said:

Ok lads I'm going to give this a try for maybe initially a ton. What do I download and what do you all reccomend. Remember I'm a builder and a total newbie to this. 

I use coinbase and binance. Gdax.com is a site to use which removes transfer fees from coinbase.

I use reddit and google for all research

I use cryptotracker app to keep a record of how everything is doing

Just now, Jeff said:

I use coinbase and binance. Gdax.com is a site to use which removes transfer fees from coinbase.

Also if you're investing that much I'd maybe look into an actual wallet

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Thanks Jeff, I will research all this info before diving in. 

HeinzTomatoSoup
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Also if you're investing that much I'd maybe look into an actual wallet

i currently only have my coins spread across 3 exchanges. Should I move them to a wallet?

What wallets does everyone use?

2 minutes ago, HeinzTomatoSoup said:

i currently only have my coins spread across 3 exchanges. Should I move them to a wallet?

What wallets does everyone use?

If you have a large amount then I'd recomend you look into buying an actual hardware wallet. Far too many horror stories of exchanges being hacked

12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Ethereum absolutely flying at the minute. Wish I’d bought a lot more of it when I did. 

Correcting a bit now but still decent none the less

33 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Ethereum absolutely flying at the minute. Wish I’d bought a lot more of it when I did. 

Dem gainz. I'm up over £300 on it now. :pleasing: 

Litecoin's resurgance was short lived though. :(

Rudolf's Mate
34 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Dem gainz. I'm up over £300 on it now. :pleasing: 

Litecoin's resurgance was short lived though. :(

If I was going to put a wedge in it would definitely be Ethereum I'd put it into.

HeinzTomatoSoup
18 hours ago, Jeff said:

Bit of a heads up. Dont buy wallets from 3rd parties. Link below defo worth a read

What wallets do you use or anyone else for that matter?

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Probably a good time to buy some Ripple

Was just thinking about that this morning. I've got about £40 worth at the moment but might chuck another £100 in while there's a dip.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Is there an exchange somewhere that I can buy Ripple direct instead of having to buy bitcoins first?

I don't like to play with bitcoin any more, just glancing at them costs money!

I prefer to transfer ethereum myself, much cheaper

40 minutes ago, graygo said:

Don't think so.

Edit: very difficult but not impossible apparently.

https://www.bitpremier.com/buy-ripple-xrp

25 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't like to play with bitcoin any more, just glancing at them costs money!

I prefer to transfer ethereum myself, much cheaper

Cheers guys. Since I already have some bitcoin reserves I guess I'll just dip in to that. I'm not up for paying £10 in fees though so it'll probably take about a week to go through.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Cheers guys. Since I already have some bitcoin reserves I guess I'll just dip in to that. I'm not up for paying £10 in fees though so it'll probably take about a week to go through.

If you have your Bitcoin in Coinbase transfer it to Gdax then buy your Ripple through Binance, much cheaper and take an hour or two.

Google this "coinbase to gdax to binance"

The above all assumes your using Coinbase.

Have my bitcoin in an Electrum wallet. Their flat fee was set at a tenner but I've punted that right down to £2 so it'll no doubt take an age to be processed.

I already have a Binance account so yeah I'll be buying Ripple through that.