Bitcoin and all that

Unknown user

I've been reading that we're expecting big rises in the next day or two!

Apparently Wall Street bonuses hit bank accounts on 15th January and crypto investment on an epic scale is expected - watch the markets!

Edited by Smithee

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Jeff

• Rudolf's Mate

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

I've been reading that we're expecting big rises in the next day or two!

Apparently Wall Street bonuses hit bank accounts on 15th January and crypto investment on an epic scale is expected - watch the markets!

Well let's hope so, the last week or so has been pretty disheartening!

11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Jeezo, cashing out my Ethereum at £350 profit last week proved to be a good shout. :wow:

It'll rise back up. Just another big drop

On 15/01/2018 at 09:17, Craig_ said:

Well let's hope so, the last week or so has been pretty disheartening!

Not looking that way so far, taking a kicking here!

54 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Not looking that way so far, taking a kicking here!

Likewise. Down about 50% overall! Struggling to keep the faith...

26 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Apparantly Asian new year causing this drop - everyone cashing out to buy designer gear for their loved ones. HODLLLL

:laugh:

I'd heard it was the big banks manipulating the prices. Reddit is a wonderful thing, isn't it?!

7 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

I'd heard it was the big banks manipulating the prices. Reddit is a wonderful thing, isn't it?!

7 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

How would that work?

51 minutes ago, Jeff said:

How would that work?

God knows. The net's full of crackpot conspiracy theories right now. My theory is it's a combination of people struggling to get onto exchanges, too many coins and a typical January slump.

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Hate panic sellers... why bother getting involved in the first place?

I've given up on looking now, will leave it a few months then have a wee gander.

HeartOfWestLothian

Tempted to buy more BTC but I don't know how much lower this will go....I don't want to wake up and see it's now at £5k and I missed out!

Just now, HeartOfWestLothian said:

Tempted to buy more BTC but I don't know how much lower this will go....I don't want to wake up and see it's now at £5k and I missed out!

Selfish pig, that's what we all want to happen  ;)

only 4% up now, gonna be in red figures in the next hour I'd imagine. Crazy drops for every currency last few days... hopefully things pick up again shortly

21 minutes ago, Rab87 said:

Ooops. Not looking good, is it.

No! Talk about bad timing, my ICO starts distributing tomorrow too!

HeinzTomatoSoup

I'm pretty much 50% down on my investment. I want to HODL so much but getting pretty nervous if this is a crash which the market may not recover from.

anyone who got involved in Bitconnect was absolutely f****** mental. The whole idea behind it was only going to benefit one group, the owners. They took people's 'proper' tokens and gave shit in return. Its genius, I wish I had thought of it. They'll now disappear into the sun (dont be surprised if it comes out they DDOS'd their own site) with millions. Bravo.  

1 hour ago, The Brow said:

anyone who got involved in Bitconnect was absolutely f****** mental. The whole idea behind it was only going to benefit one group, the owners. They took people's 'proper' tokens and gave shit in return. Its genius, I wish I had thought of it. They'll now disappear into the sun (dont be surprised if it comes out they DDOS'd their own site) with millions. Bravo.  

Indeed.

Bitconnect investors in crisis (various threads): https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitconnect/

Things beginning to turn now? Finally got some green showing up, albeit it's just flippin' TRON which is trading at about $0.06!

1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Things beginning to turn now? Finally got some green showing up, albeit it's just flippin' TRON which is trading at about $0.06!

Ripple picking up a wee bit as well.

Is it possible that as it goes up a wee bit the folk with no bottle will dump their coins thinking they are cutting their losses compared to yesterday and the result is the price will then drop?

39 minutes ago, graygo said:

Is it possible that as it goes up a wee bit the folk with no bottle will dump their coins thinking they are cutting their losses compared to yesterday and the result is the price will then drop?

Most people with that mentality would just get out as quickly as possible. There is however a chance of people selling for quick profits 

9 hours ago, graygo said:

Seems to be the case, back down they go.

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Seems to be the case, back down they go.

???

My coins still rising nicely, no doubt to fall later just as quick.

Held on to my Tron and it's gone up over 100% since yesterday.

25 minutes ago, graygo said:

???

My coins still rising nicely, no doubt to fall later just as quick.

Held on to my Tron and it's gone up over 100% since yesterday.

They all went down slightly this morning and have bounced back up again just as quickly. 

The bubble moves in a certain way

1- massive growth

2- sharp drop ( I would count Bicoin falling from $18000 to <$10000 as quite a drop)

3- further rise

4- utter collapse

We are now onto stage 3

25 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

1- massive growth

2- sharp drop ( I would count Bicoin falling from $18000 to <$10000 as quite a drop)

3- further rise

4- utter collapse

We are now onto stage 3

It never dropped from $18k to $10k though?

27 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

1- massive growth

3- further rise

4- utter collapse

We are now onto stage 3

Except bitcoin has grown and dropped multiple times over the years already.

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Plus let's be honest, with the technology being used, it's unlikely it would ever completely plummet.

Ripple is the future of banking

Fingers_Crossed.jpg

7 hours ago, Nixie said:

Best/cheapest place to buy Ripple?

Coinbase to GDAX to Binance.

Verification is a bit of a fankle, but it's  by far the cheapest and quickest way to do it.

6 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Coinbase to GDAX to Binance.

Verification is a bit of a fankle, but it's  by far the cheapest and quickest way to do it.

Why not go direct from Coinbase to Binance?

17 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Why not go direct from Coinbase to Binance?

Fees. Gdax is the same company as coinbase but there's no transaction fee for sending, while on coinbase they charge you for breathing. 

Edited by Smithee

The rapper 50 Cent has reportedly become a bitcoin millionaire, after discovering that an account used to accept cryptocurrency for a 2014 album now holds a fortune.

More than three years ago, the musician and actor – real name Curtis Jackson – let fans purchase his album Animal Ambition using bitcoin – amassing 700 BTC. Worth around $400,000 at the time, using current rates that figure is now valued at between $7m and $8.5m.

On Tuesday (23 January) he told his 17 million Instagram followers: 'Not bad for a kid from South Side, I'm so proud of me. LOL." In the comments, confirming a reportthat his account was dormant for years, he added: "I'm a keep it real I forgot I did that sh*t."

A photoshopped image posted to social media showed the popular rapper smiling in front of floating bitcoins.

He wrote: "A little bit coin anyone? I know l make you sick but excuse me I'm getting to the bag."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/50-cent-bitcoin-millionaire-after-forgetting-about-cryptocurrency-2014-1656483?utm_source=email&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_content=headline&spMailingID=2826233&spUserID=MTI0NzI3MzY2NTQS1&spJobID=OTUxMDk0MzMxS0&spMailingID=2826233&spUserID=MTI0NzI3MzY2NTQS1&spJobID=951094331&spReportId=OTUxMDk0MzMxS0

4 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Where does a complete novice with zero knowledge start with this? 

Here you go:

https://medium.com/swlh/the-absolute-beginners-guide-to-cryptocurrency-investing-c844c9c71b9f

Good to see some potential new investors coming onboard! I did wonder if we might see an influx now that people are beginning to get paid.

Tynecastle Valhalla

Piled in a few grand last week and massively Down 

long term hold though 

ripple and etherium 

1 hour ago, wallace_mercer said:

Piled in a few grand last week and massively Down 

long term hold though 

ripple and etherium 

Good choices. If you're long term holding, ethereum is the biggest sure thing IMO (relatively speaking of course). So many other coins are based on the ethereum block chain for good reason

Really can't wait for after the chinese new year

Upto a fifth of a bitcoin now so hopefully I'm on the moon come 2019

Edited by Jeff

5 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Here you go:

https://medium.com/swlh/the-absolute-beginners-guide-to-cryptocurrency-investing-c844c9c71b9f

Good to see some potential new investors coming onboard! I did wonder if we might see an influx now that people are beginning to get paid.

Thanks very much. I think i'll need to read that a few times to get my head round it all!