Bitcoin and all that

Unknown user

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Jeff said:

My ethereum made enough money for a few nights at wetherspoons... What you fancy? haha

Staying away from wetherspoons :D

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Jeff

• Rudolf's Mate

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, Jeff said:

My ethereum made enough money for a few nights at wetherspoons... What you fancy? haha

Seriously, if you've actually made money as a result of this thread's existence that's just incredibly pleasing. On yersel!

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Seriously, if you've actually made money as a result of this thread's existence that's just incredibly pleasing. On yersel!

Yeah up about 27% on my investments.

Sure others will be waking up happy when they see how well NEO has done overnight

Rudolf's Mate
54 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm interested in verge, the hype surrounding mcafee sent it mental, then a missed deadline and mcafee turning on them made it slump. 

But they have now actually released their new Wraith protocol and it's at an artificially low price because of the recent controversies. Most observers seem to think the wraith tech is excellent so I reckon it'll rise again when everyone calms the f down

Pretty much what’s being said in the link I posted above. Hope you’re right as I went all in on Verge and even with it’s dip I’m still slightly ahead. I’ll be totally honest, until I read that article I was ready to dump. 

71244AF5-8429-4581-9735-2588420AD44B.jpeg

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Yeah up about 27% on my investments.

Sure others will be waking up happy when they see how well NEO has done overnight

I sold all my neo by accident just before it! I wanted to transfer some ltc over to coinsmarkets so planned to sell 20 quids worth, had a brain fart (OG Kush I think) and sold the lot! I put an order in at 74.5 usd thinking it would come down again and at least I'd get a wee profit and it's rocketed to 86! Ffs...

19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I sold all my neo by accident just before it! I wanted to transfer some ltc over to coinsmarkets so planned to sell 20 quids worth, had a brain fart (OG Kush I think) and sold the lot! I put an order in at 74.5 usd thinking it would come down again and at least I'd get a wee profit and it's rocketed to 86! Ffs...

Nightmare. Not making the mistake of selling anything as I know what can happen.

PATIENCE IS THE GAME.

Mind you if something goes 50% down I'm getting rid and taking a loss

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

By the way, as the starter of this thread, if anyone does make big profits I expect a pint! Then we can talk commission... :D

can u get any further up yer own farter lol

Litecoin has been a poor investment for me so far. It is starting to recover nicely but I'm still down on it. Tempted to cash out if it gets nearer the break even point and reinvest elsewhere.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Litecoin has been a poor investment for me so far. It is starting to recover nicely but I'm still down on it. Tempted to cash out if it gets nearer the break even point and reinvest elsewhere.

Ltc is a really good coin, much lower fees and much quicker then btc, and is traded on places like coinbase. If all you want is to watch it grow, you could do worse than sticking with it imo.

27 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Really?

I take it you've not had it very long then as it's nearly 150% up in month.

Stick with it would be my advice.

Edit: Having looked a wee bit closer you would really have had to have had it for a month to have gained that much.

Edited by graygo

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

It's on the way back up. Risen 16% so far today.

4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

If you're not in NEO get in it now. All I'm saying.

Apparently big things to be announced from China on the 4th

How would an uneducated arsehole go about doing this?

I have £100 in BTC through Coinbase just now, is there an easy way to maybe take out half of this and then buy NEO?

HeartOfWestLothian
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

I have £100 in BTC through Coinbase just now, is there an easy way to maybe take out half of this and then buy NEO?

Use shapeshift to convert Bitcoin into NEO

I hope a lot of you took my advice on NEO when I posted...

On a separate issue Coinbase no longer able to accept deposits from Nationwide Bank which is a bit of a bummer and was how I did it a month ago :(

11 minutes ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

Use shapeshift to convert Bitcoin into NEO

I hope a lot of you took my advice on NEO when I posted...

Maybe not?????

Capture.JPG

HeartOfWestLothian
8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Maybe not?????

Capture.JPG

Yeah Bitcoin transaction fees are pretty high atm!

Before you transfer anything out of coinbase make sure you transfer it to GDAX first (You can login using your coinbase account details) as GDAX pay that transaction fee.

Edited by HeartOfWestLothian

HeartOfWestLothian
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ach I would need to transfer all my BTC due to their minimum amount.

Will just hang fire.

Probably best keeping something in BTC anyway. 

Plus with NEO you can only buy a whole NEO so if you're conversion was say 1.46 NEO it wouldn't matter as you can only hold full numbers. 

12 minutes ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

Probably best keeping something in BTC anyway. 

Plus with NEO you can only buy a whole NEO so if you're conversion was say 1.46 NEO it wouldn't matter as you can only hold full numbers. 

I have 2.06 on my Binance. I assume you mean in a wallet you can only hold whole numbers?

HeartOfWestLothian
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I have 2.06 on my Binance. I assume you mean in a wallet you can only hold whole numbers?

You'd still get paid for 2.06 if you sold on Binance but yes wallets can only hold whole numbers.

NEO is more like a share of the company, GAS which your NEO will accumulate can be divisible though and moved and sold in small fractions.

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

It's on the way back up. Risen 16% so far today.

And just as quickly on its way back down again. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, graygo said:

As someone else says, sell half for eth, open a binance account and send to your binance wallet. Binance fees are much lower then coinbase, but you'll be charged for sending it too 

17 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Been so obsessed by other coins that I've forgotten about BTC. Decent rises the last few hours

8afdbab98f864f6e3c5c9623a224dd90.png

Nothing like those gains on Coinbase.

Edit: Just noticed it's in dollars.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

and rising  :thumbsup: 

Not sure why it's rising like this but heard somewhere that goldman sachs were going to start implementing it somewhere

HeartOfWestLothian

I took advantage of the DBC dip and traded 2 NEO for DBC using kucoin.

DBC is new to the market and one coin is trading for £0.09 at the moment, there's a few announcements to be announced and exchanges to be added to this month alone so I am feeling pretty bull'ish. 

Oh and if anyone fancies signing up for kucoin...

https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=1r8fP

Rumour is a pump to happen with RCN - though only 2-3x over the next few days. Still, I've chucked £20 at it as a taster of following such rumours!

Other rumour is Ripple to announce hookups with Apple, Google, and/or Amazon in relation to AI. If this gets announced it could generate another spike.

Dean Winchester

I am convinced Ripple will go through the roof shortly.

I think Coinbase is all but guaranteed and while that is probably already factored into the price for the most part I think the surge in Investment that will happen from it will be absolutely massive considering at the moment it is one of the harder cryptos get your hands on without any technical knowledge.

Adding to that the market cap is up over $30 billion in a week and Bitcoins dominance is now on a downward trend... Who knows what will happen if Ripple starts approaching Bitcoins cap.

2 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

I am convinced Ripple will go through the roof shortly.

I think Coinbase is all but guaranteed and while that is probably already factored into the price for the most part I think the surge in Investment that will happen from it will be absolutely massive considering at the moment it is one of the harder cryptos get your hands on without any technical knowledge.

Adding to that the market cap is up over $30 billion in a week and Bitcoins dominance is now on a downward trend... Who knows what will happen if Ripple starts approaching Bitcoins cap.

£2.07 now.

Can easily see this at £7 or £8 by 2019

Rudolf's Mate

Trying to convince myself here ?

CFA04D64-1B82-4646-BF04-9423E59EFFF0.jpeg

Also the amount of hate being spread about XRP, makes you think maybe he’s right!

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

£2.07 now.

Can easily see this at £7 or £8 by 2019

I'm in! Cue Ripple going through the floor...

HeinzTomatoSoup

I’m probably being stupid, but how do I deposit to Binance?

I have Coinbase and was wanting to transfer coins from that to binance.

26 minutes ago, HeinzTomatoSoup said:

I’m probably being stupid, but how do I deposit to Binance?

I have Coinbase and was wanting to transfer coins from that to binance.

Go to deposit on binance, select bitcoin or ethereum and it will give you a wallet ID to send it too.

Go on gdax.com, deposit your btc/eth to it and then withdraw to your binance address

1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

I'm in! Cue Ripple going through the floor...

Too big for that to happen I reckon. Quite a few big named banks are partnering up with Ripple with more to be announced in the next few weeks/months apparantly

2 hours ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Trying to convince myself here ?

CFA04D64-1B82-4646-BF04-9423E59EFFF0.jpeg

Also the amount of hate being spread about XRP, makes you think maybe he’s right!

I'm in. Few hundred of them bought at 10p

HeinzTomatoSoup
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Go to deposit on binance, select bitcoin or ethereum and it will give you a wallet ID to send it too.

Go on gdax.com, deposit your btc/eth to it and then withdraw to your binance address

Thanks. Finally managed it.

I find binance a lot less user friendly than Coinbase. 

8 minutes ago, HeinzTomatoSoup said:

Thanks. Finally managed it.

I find binance a lot less user friendly than Coinbase. 

Coinbase is designed to be very user friendly hence the larger fees

Rudolf's Mate
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

I'm in. Few hundred of them bought at 10p

Yeah I think I was around 10.6p however I’ve got a 350 of the ****ers ?

20 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Yeah I think I was around 10.6p however I’ve got a 350 of the ****ers ?

Just read up on it fully and they use TOR during transfers for anonymity. Least we will make money off the launderers