Bitcoin and all that

Unknown user

Just discovered that the £20 of Doge I bought ages ago is now worth £168.

There were a few folk on here dipped in - worth checking how much you have now guys!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Jeff

• Rudolf's Mate

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

There were a few folk on here dipped in - worth checking how much you have now guys!

:thumbsup:   Well done, I saw that thread the other day and wondered if anyone had scooped.

22 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Convert to Ripple and we can all go on the lash one night. Jk Rowling Pub???

48 minutes ago, graygo said:

:thumbsup:   Well done, I saw that thread the other day and wondered if anyone had scooped.

I'm not sure if 'well done' is in order - I'm not sure if my Dogewallet will ask for a passphrase before allowing me to send funds, but if it does, I'm probably screwed. :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I'm not sure if 'well done' is in order - I'm not sure if my Dogewallet will ask for a passphrase before allowing me to send funds, but if it does, I'm probably screwed. :facepalm:

Just "done" then ;)

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Good day so far for ETH. Got a feeling Verge is going to jump a lot today

Already on the way up. Ripple still flagging after yesterday's Coinmarketcap nonsense and the non-listing on Coinbase.

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Sold my Litecoins and moved to Ethereum yesterday.

Will see how that goes.

Probably a good move.

I'm now 118% up on Ethereum.

Back to 18% down on Litecoin again. :(

1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Already on the way up. Ripple still flagging after yesterday's Coinmarketcap nonsense and the non-listing on Coinbase.

Only a matter of time before it rises back up again

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Indeed, I've jumped in while it's dipping

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Let's hope so. Took the dip as a good opportunity to snap up yet more XRP.

This HODL business is difficult!

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

I just cannot resist jumping in and out so I got into an ico to satisfy the longer term urge.

Rudolf's Mate
23 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

I've decided everything now is HODL. I'd probably chuck it all in if something I'd previously been in rockets to silly amounts. My money is now mainly in Tron and Verge. Got into Verge low plus I converted 25% of my Tron into it a few days ago. 

Had a look at several other ICO's however 4 of the 5 I looked into had suspended them! The 5th I've been trying to purchased however it's been a nightmare plus they've not responded to my support queries :seething:

32 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

I've decided everything now is HODL. I'd probably chuck it all in if something I'd previously been in rockets to silly amounts. My money is now mainly in Tron and Verge. Got into Verge low plus I converted 25% of my Tron into it a few days ago. 

Had a look at several other ICO's however 4 of the 5 I looked into had suspended them! The 5th I've been trying to purchased however it's been a nightmare plus they've not responded to my support queries :seething:

I appreciate HODLing is probably the best way to keep yourself sane, but can't help thinking there's some money to be made trading between one of your coins which is flying, and another which is on its arse, then doing the reverse when prices change to slowly build up your overall holding.

I do however, have a job and a family to look after, so it's doubtful I'll ever get round to doing that!

Rudolf's Mate
9 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

I appreciate HODLing is probably the best way to keep yourself sane, but can't help thinking there's some money to be made trading between one of your coins which is flying, and another which is on its arse, then doing the reverse when prices change to slowly build up your overall holding.

I do however, have a job and a family to look after, so it's doubtful I'll ever get round to doing that!

I could have done pretty well doing this just between Tron and Verge over last 2 weeks. My worry is I’d trade one and rather than it peaking and coming back down it would continue to peak. Then there’d be a worry that you’d have to buy back in at a higher price. Then it would ****in drop :rofl:

You’re right though. I just don’t want to risk it lol.

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Worked out what my Doge passphrase was :pleasing:

Where are your Doge's held? I'm assuming we all kept them in the same place so want to check if I can find mine.

Edited by Sooperstar

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Where are your Doge's held? I'm assuming we all kept them in the same place so want to check if I can find mine.

I have a file called dogecoin-qt.exe in MyDocuments that launches the wallet.

3 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Think someone’s trying to murder Tron ☹️

It's a bloodbath out there. I know it's a buying opportunity and all that, but right now my resolve is getting seriously tested!

Rudolf's Mate
37 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

It's a bloodbath out there. I know it's a buying opportunity and all that, but right now my resolve is getting seriously tested!

Other than the top 3 it really is just a gamble. If I was a gambling man I’d have exchanged my stake in verge into Tron however I don’t want to risk it. Tron drops any further it might force my hand.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

WTF did Vibe coin come from? Seems to have absolutely exploded over the last 24 hours.

Was just listed today (or last night anyway).

19 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I have a file called dogecoin-qt.exe in MyDocuments that launches the wallet.

Whats the name of the program that launches the wallet?

34 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Whats the name of the program that launches the wallet?

Just search for Dogecoin and it should show up.

24 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Just search for Dogecoin and it should show up.

I've not got the program on this laptop anymore.

4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

WTF did Vibe coin come from? Seems to have absolutely exploded over the last 24 hours.

Looked into it a bit very quickly and I don't think it's new. New to Binance but been available elsewhere. Was also at $9 at one point

Bought some anyway ha

Edited by Jeff

Anyone else in the same boat here. I'm sitting at a 66% profit, however there's a large drop every day where I have a mini heart attack before it rises back to 66%. Not easy :(

9 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Anyone else in the same boat here. I'm sitting at a 66% profit, however there's a large drop every day where I have a mini heart attack before it rises back to 66%. Not easy :(

No, I'm in the other boat where it drops to 66% of my initial investment and stays there  :(

Ive got an account with Coinbase where I have been buying Ethereum and Litecoin, quite fancy dumping the litecoin and buying Ripple though. Does anyone know the best place to sign up to buy ripple?

21 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

Ive got an account with Coinbase where I have been buying Ethereum and Litecoin, quite fancy dumping the litecoin and buying Ripple though. Does anyone know the best place to sign up to buy ripple?

Binance

I was thinking of starting a blog - A Clueless ***** Bumbles About in Cryptocurrency 

or

Half-arsed, Poorly Researched Investments And You

3 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

This explains a fair bit I guess with the amount that the Koreans have been pumping into them...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/south-korea-official-reportedly-readying-bill-to-ban-all-cryptocurrency-trading.html

At the end of the day we all know governments hate crypto so this is no surprise, people will find a way round it one way or another. 

Uncertainty is great for buyers though, although the prices are down I've traded my xrp back and forward and now have 20% more than two days ago, so when prices do rise I'll feel it more

Space Mackerel
On 12/29/2017 at 08:16, Rudolf's Mate said:

Took 20 mins to complete the move from Coinbase to Binance late last night and only cost me 22p.

:lol::lol::lol:

Result mate!!!!

Going for something a bit more esoteric now, invested a ton in High Performance Blockchain. Tied in with NEO, I'm assured it's going to be the next big thing...

William H. Bonney
3 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Going for something a bit more esoteric now, invested a ton in High Performance Blockchain. Tied in with NEO, I'm assured it's going to be the next big thing...

I was told the same about verge.