Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Jeff

• Rudolf's Mate

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Jeff said:

More or less everything has dropped but we have seen this before. It will be back up so hold

Exactly, this is no time to offload before it gets worse, this is when you buy in. 

I'm in a quandary- I want to get into the TokenPay ICO but I'd have to pay with btc if I want to keep the investment down (different minimum buys for different currencies).

Do I keep my btc or gamble on an ico with 50% bonus?

More drops!

Of course, that was expected this week with that futures market opening on Monday but this is exciting eh? What a rollercoaster!

HeartOfWestLothian

I’ll be using this opportunity to increase my holding in Bitcoin I think. 

Hopefully a lot of the “dumb” money is leaving the crypto scene just now.

Anyone ever just sat and watched gdax? the amount of activity going on is incredible. just seen someone buy 6.8 bitcoins

15 now... nuts money

Edited by Jeff

5 hours ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

I’ll be using this opportunity to increase my holding in Bitcoin I think. 

Hopefully a lot of the “dumb” money is leaving the crypto scene just now.

Christmas + Coinbase + a number of hacks worldwide = panic sells.

Could make profit on any coin right now

Dean Winchester

Sold my positions as it was heading down for a profit. Bought in at the bottom and I'm already up another $50.

It's really quite addictive.

18 minutes ago, Jeff said:

back up to 13.1k now...

USD? 

I've only followed GBP prices and see it is 9500 just now. Lowest I've ever seen it.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

USD? 

I've only followed GBP prices and see it is 9500 just now. Lowest I've ever seen it.

Yeah I go by USD, apologies.

When I first got into it it was around 5000 dollars so it's still up a ton this year

5 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Not happy. Some terrific buying opportunities around, and Coinbase has suspended transactions!

Suspended due to high volume of traffic.

In other words "folk are shitting their pants and selling up"

I nipped into a coffeeshop after work for a wee bifter tonight. As I'm leaving I heard this guy shout at the top of his voice "bitcoin jongens!" (bitcoin lads!) and the place erupted with laughter. I was running for a train so I've no idea what was going on and couldn't stop to ask but it just goes to show, the world really is watching!

At the end of the day, we're trading in something that doesn't exist and that's pretty mental. But then the money we're used to doesn't really exist either, it's all numbers in a database. The solar flare in that song posted above would kill all normal bank accounts too 

Rudolf's Mate
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Not happy. Some terrific buying opportunities around, and Coinbase has suspended transactions!

If you google Coinbase suspends trading you’ll see a lot of info ranging over many many months. Loads of people aren’t happy that Coinbase in particular has been locking people in. 

Also several ICO’s that were due to go live earlier today have been delayed. Mine being one of them!

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

13 minutes ago, graygo said:

Decent comeback for BTC, up to £11,300 ($15,000) 

It's such a pain, I work in euros, but on Binance it's USD and on here GBP. 

I worked out after all the fees are taken into account that my break even price is about £10,700 as I've bought at different times, so I'm happy, but still considering an Ico

I decided against TokenPay, simply because their minimum investment is 0.01 btc and its not linked to the Fiat value of btc - you'd get 45 including the bonus, end of story. 

I'm thinking about Swissborg, minimum is 0.005 and linked to the current USD/BTC exchange rate - the btc I've bought today could get me even more in a few days

Rudolf's Mate

My ICO finally went live on the exchange. Paid $1 per token and it’s currently sat at $1.779. Aim to keep it for a long time. 

My my only grievance was having to setup a wallet that accepts ERC20 token due to most exchanges not accepting them. Took a few weeks trying to decide on one before the tokens were finally distributed however due to the horror stories I’ve been accessing my wallet through my VPN ?

I don't know much about crypto-currency, but why has there been an almighty boom all of a sudden? I know you could argue why does any commodity rise/fall but this feels different

Just looking on Coinbase and all 4 listed there have seen fantastic increases over the past few months.

12 hours ago, mir00005 said:

I don't know much about crypto-currency, but why has there been an almighty boom all of a sudden? I know you could argue why does any commodity rise/fall but this feels different

Just looking on Coinbase and all 4 listed there have seen fantastic increases over the past few months.

It's been a slow creep for a while but once people start hearing about loads of money being made, everyone wants a slice. I suppose it's just reached that point where enough people started taking it seriously at once

Anyway, if anyone's interested, I've been looking into ICOs. I'd mentioned Swissborg but after reading more I think they look a bit amateurish and I'm not sure exactly what their selling point is. Their white paper is unclear, has spelling mistakes and just doesn't make sense in places. I also looked up their mailing address on Google maps, it's an apartment block in lausanne, Switzerland. Nope, not for me. 

But I've bought into TokenPay, they're running their own blockchain on the TOR network, ensuring real privacy, and include a secure chat feature in their wallet.

Fees should be low as the work is being done by you and your peers - you earn interest on your coin if you stay connected to the network, processing transactions. There's no mining as such, new coins are distributed as interest instead, 5% per year.

They plan to start an exchange and have real world finance plans including the issue of a debit card for turning your crypto into cash. 

Very interesting, and they've got a 50% bonus just now - minimum buy is 0.01 btc which gets you 30 TPAY + 15 bonus.

I'm in, but just to be clear I'm not a financial advisor, I'm a clueless welt

Rudolf's Mate
48 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Anyway, if anyone's interested, I've been looking into ICOs. I'd mentioned Swissborg but after reading more I think they look a bit amateurish and I'm not sure exactly what their selling point is. Their white paper is unclear, has spelling mistakes and just doesn't make sense in places. I also looked up their mailing address on Google maps, it's an apartment block in lausanne, Switzerland. Nope, not for me. 

But I've bought into TokenPay, they're running their own blockchain on the TOR network, ensuring real privacy, and include a secure chat feature in their wallet.

Fees should be low as the work is being done by you and your peers - you earn interest on your coin if you stay connected to the network, processing transactions. There's no mining as such, new coins are distributed as interest instead, 5% per year.

They plan to start an exchange and have real world finance plans including the issue of a debit card for turning your crypto into cash. 

Very interesting, and they've got a 50% bonus just now - minimum buy is 0.01 btc which gets you 30 TPAY + 15 bonus.

I'm in, but just to be clear I'm not a financial advisor, I'm a clueless welt

Having looked at a ton of ICO’s white papers the amount that are essentially the same is staggering. Bonuses, debit/credit cards. The only thing different you’ve mentioned is the TOR aspect.

And although I worked in finance for nearly 2 decades I’m also a clueless welt.

10 hours ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Having looked at a ton of ICO’s white papers the amount that are essentially the same is staggering. Bonuses, debit/credit cards. The only thing different you’ve mentioned is the TOR aspect.

And although I worked in finance for nearly 2 decades I’m also a clueless welt.

I have nothing to add with regards ICO's other than to say that I too am a clueless welt. 

Rudolf's Mate
34 minutes ago, graygo said:

I have nothing to add with regards ICO's other than to say that I too am a clueless welt. 

Graygo when I first looked at them (3 weeks ago) I looked at a load of white papers. There was one that was about to end in 2 hours and it was being backed by some big names so I went with it. One of the names was Roger Ver and a few hours after purchasing his name was mud on twitter ??

Not sure if it’ll have an impact or not but hey ho lol! 

Im only looking at ICO’s because I’m not going to put enough money into likes of Bitcoin to make a wad of cash. Might as well take a bit of a punt on others.

1 minute ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Graygo when I first looked at them (3 weeks ago) I looked at a load of white papers. There was one that was about to end in 2 hours and it was being backed by some big names so I went with it. One of the names was Roger Ver and a few hours after purchasing his name was mud on twitter ??

Not sure if it’ll have an impact or not but hey ho lol! 

Im only looking at ICO’s because I’m not going to put enough money into likes of Bitcoin to make a wad of cash. Might as well take a bit of a punt on others.

Pretty much my train of thought too. I completely accept my money might disappear, but I've put in the minimum because that's what I can afford to lose. Who doesn't like a wee punt?

Rudolf's Mate
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Pretty much my train of thought too. I completely accept my money might disappear, but I've put in the minimum because that's what I can afford to lose. Who doesn't like a wee punt?

Aye trying to get ahead of the curve lol.

interestingly I’ve seen people posting about DigiByte online. Something to do with John McAfee tweeting about getting on it. People are jumping on it short term saying it’s going to jump because his tweet (which was 20 hours ago) and right enough it has.  Interesting how someone can have influence. This wasn’t me saying jump on it btw but just funny how it can be influenced and how others react quickly in order to make some cash.

2 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Aye trying to get ahead of the curve lol.

interestingly I’ve seen people posting about DigiByte online. Something to do with John McAfee tweeting about getting on it. People are jumping on it short term saying it’s going to jump because his tweet (which was 20 hours ago) and right enough it has.  Interesting how someone can have influence. This wasn’t me saying jump on it btw but just funny how it can be influenced and how others react quickly in order to make some cash.

John McAfee is officially batshit mental too, it's a crazy volatile crypto world!

Rudolf's Mate
30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

John McAfee is officially batshit mental too, it's a crazy volatile crypto world!

Haha aye he’s off his rocker. 

I've been thinking about it and I reckon bitcoin's going to die. The fees and speed have shown that it's not scalable as a currency, even as a commodity in the long term.

I do think there's a future in crypto but the winner won't be bitcoin

46 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I've been thinking about it and I reckon bitcoin's going to die. The fees and speed have shown that it's not scalable as a currency, even as a commodity in the long term.

I do think there's a future in crypto but the winner won't be bitcoin

Who knows what future updates will be made

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Who knows what future updates will be made

The problem is inherent in the system - the challenge for all of them is having motivation for users to process transactions. Bitcoin miners process the transactions and are rewarded from the fees and new coins but the cost of mining is huge. 

Some other coins use a system where new coins are introduced as interest instead of mining, but your wallet has to be online helping to process transactions to get it. This leads to much cheaper and quicker transactions than is possible with bitcoin, with people also being motivated to hold currency which adds value.

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The problem is inherent in the system - the challenge for all of them is having motivation for users to process transactions. Bitcoin miners process the transactions and are rewarded from the fees and new coins but the cost of mining is huge. 

Some other coins use a system where new coins are introduced as interest instead of mining, but your wallet has to be online helping to process transactions to get it. This leads to much cheaper and quicker transactions than is possible with bitcoin, with people also being motivated to hold currency which adds value.

What coins you thinking then? hearing massive things about Ethereum

9 minutes ago, Jeff said:

What coins you thinking then? hearing massive things about Ethereum

I don't know enough about them all to be honest, but I have read that a lot of altcoins are based on the ethereum blockchain  

Rudolf's Mate

Mentioned John McAfee however having looked at his tweets he’s happily taking Bitcoins to basically pump newer coins. So for him effectively advertising something and it getting a boost he’s taking payment. 

HeartOfWestLothian
7 hours ago, Jeff said:

is that the Chinese version of Ethereum?

It is yeah. 

If China is to lift the crypto ban (which it is expected they will) you can bet they'll be promoting the use of NEO over Ethereum. The Chinese market alone in this game will be worth ££££s. 

6 hours ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

It is yeah. 

If China is to lift the crypto ban (which it is expected they will) you can bet they'll be promoting the use of NEO over Ethereum. The Chinese market alone in this game will be worth ££££s. 

Decent shout. All coins will increase massively if China gets back in to the game

Rudolf's Mate

That’s it being claimed there’s proof of insider trading at Coinbase in respect of Bitcoin Cash surge and ultimately Bitcoin drop. Someone posted that it was going to occur on Reddit prior to it actually happening.