Bitcoin and all that

Unknown user

6 minutes ago, HeinzTomatoSoup said:

Or it could be the start of the bubble bursting? 

Could well be mate, but that's why it's called speculating and not earning!

It's much more likely to be an event inspired dip though, which is common, and a great opportunity to dive in before the market recovers.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Jeff

• Rudolf's Mate

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rudolf's Mate
8 minutes ago, HeinzTomatoSoup said:

Or it could be the start of the bubble bursting? 

Thing is the price of Bitcoins taking a wee tumble and what’s everyone talking about doing? Getting back on it! It would seem the more and more experts warn people the more people ignore. 

Rudolf's Mate

Anyone know what’s happened with Coinbase? Twitter has exploded with people saying they’re leaving them and hey can no longer be trusted but can’t see why or what.

6 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Anyone know what’s happened with Coinbase? Twitter has exploded with people saying they’re leaving them and hey can no longer be trusted but can’t see why or what.

I left them, but it was because I could only trade bitcoin litecoin and ethereum. I can't get onto gdax because they need a driving license and I don't drive, so I jumped over to binance

8 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Their service isn't great to be honest, however once your set up and fully verified it's pretty decent. Think they bump fee's up a lot with no warnings

Rudolf's Mate
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I left them, but it was because I could only trade bitcoin litecoin and ethereum. I can't get onto gdax because they need a driving license and I don't drive, so I jumped over to binance

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Their service isn't great to be honest, however once your set up and fully verified it's pretty decent. Think they bump fee's up a lot with no warnings

Seems they’re being accused of some dodgy dealings. Insider trading being mentioned. 

I’m on Binance however there’s no direct way to make a purchase on their exchange. I’ve used Blockchain and also Coinbase however I paid a third of the fees on Coinbase compared to BC. If there’s a better way I’d love to hear it ??

51 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Seems they’re being accused of some dodgy dealings. Insider trading being mentioned. 

I’m on Binance however there’s no direct way to make a purchase on their exchange. I’ve used Blockchain and also Coinbase however I paid a third of the fees on Coinbase compared to BC. If there’s a better way I’d love to hear it ??

can trade on various websites but for safety I don't think there are many other options

Rudolf's Mate
12 minutes ago, Jeff said:

can trade on various websites but for safety I don't think there are many other options

Not gonna lie in that it’s gping over my head but claims Coinbase have done a pump and dump on Bitcoin Cash in order to push up the price. 

Regardless I quite like their app and transactions have been low in fees and really quick. 

Coinbase is fine, so far. But apparently withdrawing funds to a UK bank account is a faff. Has anyone done this yet?

1 hour ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Not gonna lie in that it’s gping over my head but claims Coinbase have done a pump and dump on Bitcoin Cash in order to push up the price. 

Regardless I quite like their app and transactions have been low in fees and really quick. 

There are a few websites where you can trade for other peoples bitcoin. Some ask for paypal transfers, amazon cards, ebay cards etc etc. There are a lot of scammers on the go though hence why coinbase etc are the safest options

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

back up to 17.6k dollars per btc from 16.1k this morning (possibly lower). Bubble burst again right enough

Yep, happy with today's wee opportunity!

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yep, happy with today's wee opportunity!

How many btc you holding now then? I'm on 0.065 but hoping to have around 0.3ish by Summer

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

How many btc you holding now then? I'm on 0.065 but hoping to have around 0.3ish by Summer

Not much, about a third of that in different wallets. We're saving for moving home next year so I can't play the way I'd like to, which also means the fees are more of an issue so I'm more conservative. 

At the moment I'm only playing with about 70 quid though, the rest is in my Do Not Touch wallets.

Rudolf's Mate
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Based on that I wouldn't blame Coinbase whatsoever. Looks like they are taking the correct action

I was struggling to see the issue myself however reading some of the comments on Twitter I understand some of the gripes people have. 

Pretty sure if I’d lost money on back of what they’d done I’d most likely be pretty pissed off. 

On 12/14/2017 at 13:11, Homme said:

Ok so it's payday tomorrow and i fancy getting involved after reading this thread. I've £40 that i'm happy to blow if nothing else.

Can anyone provide links to where i can read up on stuff that has been mentioned already and perhaps some that haven't. Links to buy as well.

Thanks in advance.

A short 2 min clip of what Bitcoin is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc2en3nHxA4&t=12s

Regards to wallets I use Coinbase and Blockchain, Blockchain is having a meltdown just now with fee's etc so i am mostly using Coinbase just now. People have started kicking up a stink about Coinbase the last 12 hours, this is down to them not supporting the Bitpay Card, I for one am not worried about this card as never planned on getting on so it dont affect me. Wallet can be found here: https://www.coinbase.com/join/59520e9509d920051734b2f6

Some basic information, set up guides etc of the official Bitcoin page - https://bitcoin.org/en/

On 12/16/2017 at 11:47, Rudolf's Mate said:

Does anyone have any experience of buying coins or tokens at the initial offering stage?

I have been keeping a close eye on ICO's the last couple months, I made my first purchase in October for a token called Electroneum, bought at $0.01 a token with a 30% bonus. Since launching it into the exchanges it has been hovering between $0.08 - $0.10 so already about 800-1000% profit. since then i have purchased another one which will hit the exchanges in January. 

If you plan on investing in ICO's just be sure to read the white paper on the product the are offering, social media is a great way to get more information on any new upcoming ICO's 

I have made more the past month match betting. 

And it is risk free if your not stupid. 

That's the investment your best doing if you have a spare hour or so each day. 

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Have you got a link on how to do that?

Or a quick guide ?

46 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Have you got a link on how to do that?

Or a quick guide ?

https://www.oddsmonkey.com/

https://www.profitaccumulator.co.uk/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand&utm_term=profit accumulator&utm_content=Brand&gclid=CjwKCAiA1O3RBRBHEiwAq5fD_PNlaKdLRscByA9Lr2eTK2juw9lr7GTsBK18M_ns0pMkUTTaPcb2nxoCLWMQAvD_BwE

make sure you read up and fully understand what your doing before procceeding. Only way you lose money is if you **** up and make mistaked. Profit Accumulator cost a tenner a month but have massive amounts of tools and tutorials and reloads to stops this happening.

57 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Then the bookies begin closing your accounts and you're stuffed. There are obviously other ways to make money but this one is so straight forward

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Then the bookies begin closing your accounts and you're stuffed. There are obviously other ways to make money but this one is so straight forward

Mug betting is the name of the game. Have only been gubbed by Ladbrokes once and managed to mug bet my back into their good books.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Mug betting is the name of the game. Have only been gubbed by Ladbrokes once and managed to mug bet my back into their good books.

Excuse me for asking (I'm not a betting man), but is that where you intentionally place stupid losing bets to make your gains look more random?

Rudolf's Mate
2 hours ago, sstewart635 said:

I have been keeping a close eye on ICO's the last couple months, I made my first purchase in October for a token called Electroneum, bought at $0.01 a token with a 30% bonus. Since launching it into the exchanges it has been hovering between $0.08 - $0.10 so already about 800-1000% profit. since then i have purchased another one which will hit the exchanges in January. 

If you plan on investing in ICO's just be sure to read the white paper on the product the are offering, social media is a great way to get more information on any new upcoming ICO's 

Yeah I asked as I looked to see if Bitcoin had one (it didn’t obviously) however it led me to look at quite a few including several white papers. Loads of similar ICO’s so it’s definitely a bit of a minefield.

Interestingly I’d read that Cardano had an ICO and had you bought $50 worth when it went live 3 years ago you could have sold last week and walked away with over £110k (GBP). 

HeinzTomatoSoup
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I made £11k in a year matched betting until i was banned from all bookies even though i was mug betting.

i think getting banned is sometimes bad luck.

25 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Yeah I asked as I looked to see if Bitcoin had one (it didn’t obviously) however it led me to look at quite a few including several white papers. Loads of similar ICO’s so it’s definitely a bit of a minefield.

Interestingly I’d read that Cardano had an ICO and had you bought $50 worth when it went live 3 years ago you could have sold last week and walked away with over £110k (GBP). 

It pays to scatter through the minefield, some of these end up turning into a gold mine... its just picking out the best i guess.

Rudolf's Mate
5 minutes ago, sstewart635 said:

It pays to scatter through the minefield, some of these end up turning into a gold mine... its just picking out the best i guess.

It does that. Personally don't mind sticking the odd $50 every now and then on something. 

3 hours ago, redjambo said:

Excuse me for asking (I'm not a betting man), but is that where you intentionally place stupid losing bets to make your gains look more random?

It is basically placing bets in regular sporting events such as premier league games and laying it off to make it look like you are a regular punter. You might make a small loss such as 1-2p or gain very little like 1-2p. Over all it is worth it for the more likely hood you won't get gubbed. 

9 hours ago, sstewart635 said:

What is the one that is hitting the exchanges in January?

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Bitcoin having a bit of a crash at the moment. 

Playing the long game here, might be time to invest a few more shekels.

Rudolf's Mate
1 hour ago, pandiani1 said:

Here is a Matched Betting Guide  

And a review of the software mentioned by Alim Oztruk: Oddsmonkey

Matched betting is alright but it’s definitely not as easy as people make out. It’s easy to make a simple mistake and one that can cost you a fortune.

Also anyone working in finance, banks etc might want to think twice about it. Opening multiple accounts with bookies also gets flagged up and it would definitely make a new employer think twice about taking someone on, as it can look like they’ve got a problem.

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, graygo said:

Was considering that myself. 

45 minutes ago, graygo said:

23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Was considering that myself. 

Me  three 

20 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Looks like I jumped from LTC to XRP at the right time :lol:

$300 out of LTC into XRP at 0.75 last night and it's now up to 30 cents :P

I got out of ripple and into bitcoin when btc dipped a couple of days ago. *******!

William H. Bonney

I've bought some etheruem from coinbase and I'm trying to send it to coinomi but after several hours it says token expired. Do I just have to keep trying? 

Mr Brightside

Was thinking about getting some Ripple in the hope it picks up next year. Does anyone use Bitstamp exchange, some poor reviews online.

2 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Was thinking about getting some Ripple in the hope it picks up next year. Does anyone use Bitstamp exchange, some poor reviews online.

I used binance as recently as a couple days ago. Picked up a few more XRP at 0.74, it's currently trading on Korean exchanges at $1.50+. 

Regardless, I'm in it for at least the next 12 months. XRP could take off next year if it is listed on Coinbase, also there's rumours doing the rounds that Amazon may start accepting. Could all be nonsense, but if it does happen, there would likely be a few surges along the way. 

Edited by Toggie88

Rudolf's Mate

Don’t think it’s a coincidence that loads of people that have been involved with Bitcoin from the beginning have sold all their coins in last week or so. There was an article on that Swedish boy who was something to do with it starting up saying he’d sold all his stake yet claiming it was simply because it was the right time for him. 

Mr Brightside
5 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

I used binance as recently as a couple days ago. Picked up a few more XRP at 0.74, it's currently trading on Korean exchanges at $1.50+. 

Regardless, I'm in it for at least the next 12 months. XRP could take off next year if it is listed on Coinbase, also there's rumours doing the rounds that Amazon may start accepting. Could all be nonsense, but if it does happen, there would likely be a few surges along the way. 

Cheers will look to sign up to binance, I did see something online about Coinbase listing XRP soon.