Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

It may not be very palatable to those who still believe in him but comparing Levein's career to Lennon's is kinda ridiculous. There is literally no comparison. One has been involved at the highest level winning 2 major trophies in England and 16 in Scotland as well as playing in a UEFA Cup Final. The other has won absolutely diddly squat and never will. 

No point bringing up what he’s Done in the past a good manager 5-10 years ago but the game is constantly changing and it’s bypassed CL he cant keep up his Stone Age tactics are so predictable.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

You can't expect to finish in a POSITIVE position in the league (3rd) when the footballing department is flooded with NEGATIVITY. 

Negative tactics, negative players, negative style of recruitment, negative manager. 

What player goes out feeling positive and playing positive with the above mentioned? Especially a 16 or 17 year old. 

The 16/17 year old's have been our most positive players 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Loads of people shouting to Sack Levein but no one coming up with realistic options, given the money it would cost us to pay him and the other coaches off. 

I would give it to Hendricks, personally.

Cruyff Turn

If this was anyone but Hearts legend and PHM in charge I doubt there'd be many in favour of giving this much longer, let's be honest about that. What we have seen this season and last isn't befitting of this football club.

What conflicts me about Levein though is exactly that, sentiment.  CL gets this club, he loves this club and will know our strengths, weaknesses and what we need going forward.  On the other hand, he's been here since 2014/15, has probably watched every game we've played in that period, overseen recruitment of players and managers and clearly harnesses some of the responsibility for our decline. He also may not be able to stop us from finishing outside the top 6, which is undoubtedly unacceptable.

However, any manager coming in will face the exact same task in the summer that he does. That task being a complete rebuild of the first team squad which could amount to the best part of 14 New signings. What's more, his record as a manager shows that during his 2nd season in charge, the club generally starts to progress.

I'm very much in two minds about this. I love CL, I still have a degree of faith in him but as a club we are not meeting the expectations which are paramount to our progression on the pitch and also from a financial aspect. Expectations and mentality are what separates us from smaller clubs in this league. Giorgio Chiellini spoke about Tottenhams history the other night and how he knew that Juventus would progress and Spurs would falter, that's why clubs like Juve, Real Madrid etc...have dominated the game for decades, knowing the expectations and history is key to success. For us, we cannot lower our expectations, we cannot and should not accept coming 5th/6th in the league and being knock out of cups by the likes of Motherwell or being completely dominated in Derbies by our rivals.

The big questions for us right now are this. What if we have another rebuild in the summer under Levein and we finish mid table again? 

That's the worry. It was the exact same scenario which was posed with Ian Cathro at the end of last season. We should have sacked him in May but we didn't and this is the consequence of that decision, do we do the same again? 

Also, can we afford to sack Levein and bring another manager in and for that to ultimately fail as well, proving the grass may not always be greener on the other side. 

Maybe given Leveins history, his experience and what he did here previously, as well as what he did at Utd, we should remain patient and give Craig the summer and the beginning of next season to get this club moving towards our targets once again? 

I really don't know the answer, I don't think anyone does given what would be available as an alternative and what we can afford given that would take away from any budget next year. 

Ultimately I think that we probably have to just hope that things will change and CL turns out to be the manager that we hope he will be next season.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
Just now, stevie1874 said:

Loads of people shouting to Sack Levein but no one coming up with realistic options, given the money it would cost us to pay him and the other coaches off. 

I agree Stevie, fair point made. Think it’s the recruitment mostly that’s cost him bringing in a very poor standard of player. Would hope CL would take a reasonable packet to leave the club or resign and hopefully the background staff would follow.

Simply not good enough. Too negative, weird selections, playing young lads ahead of perhaps more experienced players, almost seem he’s trying to prove a point.

Fair enough we don’t have a huge depth in our squad, that’s mainly down to our recruitment which I’m guessing he has the major say in. Been horrendous since he came back in. 

Baffling some one of the signings and sales/releases over the past four seasons.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I would give it to Hendricks, personally.

Thanks bud but I'm not applying. Package ain't good enough. I'd confidently predict I'd be doing a better job than these imbeciles though.

HeartofHartley
4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Yes because they are hungry. But for how much longer? Soon they won't want to play such negative football - it's a game of expression. The way they are asked to play is not positive at all. 

Just now, HeartofHartley said:

Yes because they are hungry. But for how much longer? Soon they won't want to play such negative football - it's a game of expression. The way they are asked to play is not positive at all. 

Not sure I agree. Godinho along with Adao is the only player who actually put his foot on the ball and looked for a team mate. The rest coudn't wait to get rid of it. Cochrane is the same. Composed and calm under pressure. Yeah the bairns need to bulk up but look at CP and Souttar. It's doable.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Thanks bud but I'm not applying. Package ain't good enough. I'd confidently predict I'd be doing a better job than these imbeciles though.

That is a shame as no one seems to meet your exacting standards.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That is a shame as no one seems to meet your exacting standards.

Craig Levein has won 8 games in 26 in the SPL. I'm not sure what your expectations are but I make no apologies for saying my "exacting standards" are some what higher than that for a club of Hearts size against the competition!  In my view anyone giving him more time now is completely deluded. We are going absolutely nowhere under his 'leadership', nowhere. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Hendricks said:

Craig Levein has won 8 games in 26 in the SPL. I'm not sure what your expectations are but I make no apologies for saying my "exacting standards" are some what higher than that for a club of Hearts size against the competition!  In my view anyone giving him more time now is completely deluded. We are going absolutely nowhere under his 'leadership', nowhere. 

My expectations are that this club should be competing for 3rd spot in the league with a decent cup run or two. I recognise that we are pretty far removed from that but I have also seen this manager turn things around in one close season before. I am prepared to give him that.

58 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:vrface: I was agreeing with you in getting rid of the twat. You obviously didn't get that!

I apologise .

My heids nipped .

In the Tor so you can imagine.

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

My expectations are that this club should be competing for 3rd spot in the league with a decent cup run or two. I recognise that we are pretty far removed from that but I have also seen this manager turn things around in one close season before. I am prepared to give him that.

15 years ago mate! A very different animal was our Craig then and a very different situation in terms of the enormous task required this close season. There is no chance of him succeeding, I'm not saying this for dramatic effect, its just a cold hard fact now. All evidence shows it, both the abysmal league record this season but also historically how he has failed time and again when it has mattered most in cups. Its just never going to work out and he has to be shuffled back upstairs or probably out of the club entirely. A sad end game but the whole thing was terribly thought and even more terribly managed last summer. 

Edited by Hendricks

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, ScottieMac17 said:

What about the players? Gutless performance... continual bad decisions. Not saying Levein not utter balls but I think he is the scapegoat to a lot of poor attitudes and performances from most of the squad

EXACTLY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well said!

tolcross lad
10 minutes ago, DVB said:

Wish Vlad was in charge he wouldn’t put up with Levein.

Something to be said for that mate.

41 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Any clue how much it would cost?

It's something the board should be weighing up 

Clark Griswold
23 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

EXACTLY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well said!

Buck stops with Levein - he's responsible for the playing department at the club and has to be accountable for the shite signings and negative approach to games. 

37 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Hearts were not negative tonight. They just weren't good enough.

Clark Griswold

FWIW I dont think we would sack him from the club. Perhaps move him back 'upstairs' to make way for a.n.other.

HeartofHartley
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Hearts were not negative tonight. They just weren't good enough.

We were watching completely different games then. We invited pressure on to us the whole game. We created little and we had 0 shots on target.

Negative football. 

HeartofHartley
1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

FWIW I dont think we would sack him from the club. Perhaps move him back 'upstairs' to make way for a.n.other.

No one with an ounce of experience or knowledge will work under or with Levein. 

45 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Really are you sure ? I thought tonight they contributed nothing. Because they are young then we cut them some slack but at the end of they day we lost and they were all at best a 4 . I would rather have older guys who could cope and didn’t get beat 2:0 but that’s just me . 

ford donald
1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

He is creating a disease in the club,needs removed along with his mates.

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Buck stops with Levein - he's responsible for the playing department at the club and has to be accountable for the shite signings and negative approach to games. 

Maybe so but the players let us AND him down tonight. That shouldn’t be ignored.

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

No one with an ounce of experience or knowledge will work under or with Levein. 

Apart from Daly or Locke , I can't think of anyone else who would.

1 minute ago, ford donald said:

He is creating a disease in the club,needs removed along with his mates.

Don't necessarily agree with 'disease' but I do think the whole football department needs an overhaul in the summer. most players, coaching and staff. 

I am actually fed up of Levein not being the answer every time we lose. We started the season with Ian Cathro as our head coach. Levein has been unspectacular so far but has improved us in areas. He’s the man for next season.

2 minutes ago, RDSK said:

I am actually fed up of Levein not being the answer every time we lose. We started the season with Ian Cathro as our head coach. Levein has been unspectacular so far but has improved us in areas. He’s the man for next season.

Think we're worse of this season than at the same point last season

Just now, jambocub said:

Think we're worse of this season than at the same point last season

Im going to take your word for that as I’m in no mood to check that stat. That being said, as much as I hate to mention them, there are mitigating factors this season. I’m backing him for next season.

It should have been ten

I happen to like Craig as manager, no excuses but he did say it would take 2 or 3 transfer windows to turn us round properly. However, I honestly think if he were to step down in his management role that the director of football role should also be scrapped. We’d need a whole fresh new management team - Paulo Sergio and his men please ?? and give him the chance to work under the board at which is now a well ran club. He deserves that chance IMO. 

As much as I respect Craig and it can’t be taken away from him, he is a PHM. I can’t see what bringing in a new manager would change if he went back to his previous director of football role. Fans would still blame him for shan results - like they did when we had Cathro in the dugout. 

IMO of course, I could well be slavering a load of pish but I’ve had a few to drown my sorrows so och well :wink:

6 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

Levein simply done more to motivate our opponents than us. 

I doubt there's a jambo would dispute this. A complete moron.

iwasthere1954
36 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Problem is he would want to pick his replacement. Along with his f... principles of play or whatever he calls it. Get him out now. 

ford donald
18 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

I happen to like Craig as manager, no excuses but he did say it would take 2 or 3 transfer windows to turn us round properly. However, I honestly think if he were to step down in his management role that the director of football role should also be scrapped. We’d need a whole fresh new management team - Paulo Sergio and his men please ?? and give him the chance to work under the board at which is now a well ran club. He deserves that chance IMO. 

As much as I respect Craig and it can’t be taken away from him, he is a PHM. I can’t see what bringing in a new manager would change if he went back to his previous director of football role. Fans would still blame him for shan results - like they did when we had Cathro in the dugout. 

IMO of course, I could well be slavering a load of pish but I’ve had a few to drown my sorrows so och well :wink:

You need treatment.This man has to depart Hearts,otherwise its downhill.

Geoff Kilpatrick
53 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Really?

Oh FFS. I was being facetious!

kennyjambo1974

I  know we had injuries but both tactics and passing were terrible tonight.0shots at goal on target  in last2 games let's not bury heads in sand we need a change end of season .on paper we have a reasonable team .manager to dull and defensive .we sit to far back and haven't got pace to counter attack .we  have to .count on otherteam we playing  being naive in defense..we have scored an average of less than a goal per game and we are now losing  goals easy .start entertaining fans or new stand will be empty.yer boring the fans to tears.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

15 years ago mate! A very different animal was our Craig then and a very different situation in terms of the enormous task required this close season. There is no chance of him succeeding, I'm not saying this for dramatic effect, its just a cold hard fact now. All evidence shows it, both the abysmal league record this season but also historically how he has failed time and again when it has mattered most in cups. Its just never going to work out and he has to be shuffled back upstairs or probably out of the club entirely. A sad end game but the whole thing was terribly thought and even more terribly managed last summer. 

I agree that his appointment was a farce and that is as much on Budge as it is Levein as we ended up wasting August. That said, the cynic in me would suggest it was a handy distraction for Cathro having pissed the summer signing money away. However, I don't doubt Levein has the will and the hunger to turn this round as he has done before and for that reason we don't need to change - yet. We might need to early into next season in which case I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong but I have confidence things will be sorted out. If we keep McLaughlin and Adao the spine of this team is more than decent. We can then build from there.

1 minute ago, kennyjambo1974 said:

I  know we had injuries but both tactics and passing were terrible tonight.0shots at goal on target  in last2 games let's not bury heads in sand we need a change end of season .on paper we have a reasonable team .manager to dull and defensive .we sit to far back and haven't got pace to counter attack .we  have to .count on otherteam we playing  being naive in defense..we have scored an average of less than a goal per game and we are now losing  goals easy .start entertaining fans or new stand will be empty.yer boring the fans to tears.

Levein budge and the hairy ****er Cathro's mate needs to gtf. A drain on our support. Get then tae ****.

It should have been ten
13 minutes ago, ford donald said:

You need treatment.This man has to depart Hearts,otherwise its downhill.

What did I say that merits your treatment advice? ? 

Did you only read the first 7 words and skip the bit where I said I’d get Sergio in aye? Thought so 

It should have been ten
9 minutes ago, doddsyJR9 said:

Levein budge and the hairy ****er Cathro's mate needs to gtf. A drain on our support. Get then tae ****.

Why get rid of Budge?

Can I ask do you wave a Union Jack at Hearts games?

Just wondering 

ford donald
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

What did I say that merits your treatment advice? ? 

Did you only read the first 7 words and skip the bit where I said I’d get Sergio in aye? Thought so 

Respect Craig,lost mine a long time ago.

kennyjambo1974

Fans being taken for granted give us something to look forward to yer playing football that reminds me of the teams that got relegated flat boring .They had the excuse they were average at best .This team isn't to bad please try and score goals instead off sitting back boring the fans to the extent .theyll find something else to do like watch paint dry 

ford donald
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Why get rid of Budge?

Just wondering 

Seem to be like Morecame and wise,not so funny though.

It should have been ten
Just now, ford donald said:

Respect Craig,lost mine a long time ago.

Fair enough 

It should have been ten
Just now, ford donald said:

Seem to be like Morecame and wise,not so funny though.

Not sure what you mean. Wasn’t trying to be funny, believe it or not I’m not in that cheery a mood after that game.

Just now, It should have been ten said:

Why get rid of Budge?

Just wondering 

Mate Mate Mate.

First up - Absolutely I'm died in the wool Unionist and UVF.

Second - Get the **** rid of Levein who will kill our club of non football.

Third - Budge seems so in awe  of Levein she would never get rid.

Geddit it!

Levein is a fraud.

He's an arrogant bitter man who has an enormous chip on his shoulder.

His entire personality is based around the fact that his supposed wonderful career was cut short and but for a serious injury he would have achieved great things in the game.

He's stubborn to a fault and always believes he knows better even when all facts point to the opposite.

You could be forgiven for thinking he was 22 when he packed it in. He was 29!

What did he miss? Two, maybe three seasons.

He had almost an entire decade in senior professional football. He won nothing.

He's had the better part of two decades in management now and lo and behold has won nothing.

His biggest claim to fame is 16 years ago finishing third in a ten team league. Twice!

This is a guy who had the gall to claim that Neil Lennon made a career out of kicking people.

Lennon like him or not has a huge stack of winners medals as a player and manager.

One of the best managers in British football over the last quarter century, Martin O Neil, thought Lennon was good enough to spend 6 million pounds on him.

Lennon went on to win titles, league cups and scottish cups and also went to the UEFA Cup Final only to lose to Jose Mourinho"s Porto.

Lennon as a manger also presided over one of scottish footballs greatest achievements when Celtic beat Barcelona. Arguably the best club team that has ever played the game.

Meanwhile Craig became the first manager ever to start a game with no strikers in the hope we might get a 0 0 draw.

He is as many on here have pointed out a serial loser. 

He simply doesn't have it in him to win and never will.

It's not in his make up.

He's Hearts through and through like everybody here but alas that's simply not enough.

Edited by matt84

• cosanostra locked this topic