Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Em nope, immediate reply to your point, THEN point and laugh at Boris.

Aah, so it wasn't one of the programmed trigger words that have been dunted into a couple of generations of Scots now?

Trident, Poll Tax, Thatcher, Eton toffs, Auuuusterity and now the big, bad Boris.   

Aye, OK then.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Konrad von Carstein
36 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Great to see the reaction from lefties when others challenge their demonstrably naive views and their moral high stools start to rock.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to reading the Guardian.

Lefties 🙈

jack D and coke
23 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The whole cabinet is rammed with Brexit hypocrites. Where to start? Exhibit A, Javid……..

98FBAE82-4376-4BE7-B6B3-FE32C94565A5.jpeg

4C5BFE3A-4EC4-41E9-A6EB-FEBA053F40B0.jpeg

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

FB_IMG_1631494159345.thumb.jpg.dd7bda0c96b2761ddeded454f9262b40.jpg

:yas:

:facepalm:

When I worked for Lothian Trading Standards/Weights and Measures in the 80's, we used to sand blast the crown stamp and the number 3 on all pint glasses. Don't think it made the beer taste any differently unless there was sand left in the glass.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Aah, so it wasn't one of the programmed trigger words that have been dunted into a couple of generations of Scots now?

Trident, Poll Tax, Thatcher, Eton toffs, Auuuusterity and now the big, bad Boris.   

Aye, OK then.

Only if you ignore the fact that I answered your post first, THEN pointed out hypocrisy that you were hypocritically ignoring, like a giant hypocrisaurus

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Only if you ignore the fact that I answered your post first, THEN pointed out hypocrisy that you were hypocritically ignoring, like a giant hypocrisaurus

You didn't "answer " my question. You brushed it under the carpet, like the good, wee Nationalist foot-soldier that you are.

Then the default trigger led you to talk about Boris. Whatabootery in all it's whatabooterical glory!

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Lefties 🙈

"Tories", "Fascists ", "Eton toffs"

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, KvC. 

👍

20 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Surprise Surprise, Enzo is a leave voters. 

Wrong, Mr Alban. I voted Remain, although only by a baw hair tbf. 

Having seen them in action over the last few years though, I'm glad we're still in Europe but outwith their cartel.

Judging by Barnier's comments, he wants France to become an independent country again, in charge of their own laws.

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

"Tories", "Fascists ", "Eton toffs"

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, KvC. 

👍

:lol:

Tories is an accepted term for the C&UP

There are umpteen Eton (or similar) toffs at the highest echelons of the tory party,  which is a fact.

We are a bit away from fascism here, but there are some uncomfortable ideas being floated by the muppet in charge in WM.

You sound like my brother,  he also yaps on about "lefties" and calls me one, he, like you, only know one thing regarding my political leanings...and you both might be surprised who/what I'd vote for in the event of Independence.

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Wrong, Mr Alban. I voted Remain, although only by a baw hair tbf. 

Having seen them in action over the last few years though, I'm glad we're still in Europe but outwith their cartel.

Judging by Barnier's comments, he wants France to become an independent country again, in charge of their own laws.

What laws were imposed on the UK by the EU?

13 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

What laws were imposed on the UK by the EU?

Certainly the same directives from ECJ and ECHR that Barnier complains of. Hundreds and hundreds of judgements from them that overuled decisions made by  UK judges. 

On VAT, for example,  we were restricted on rate variations. Immigration, trade etc etc

23 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:lol:

Tories is an accepted term for the C&UP

There are umpteen Eton (or similar) toffs at the highest echelons of the tory party,  which is a fact.

We are a bit away from fascism here, but there are some uncomfortable ideas being floated by the muppet in charge in WM.

You sound like my brother,  he also yaps on about "lefties" and calls me one, he, like you, only know one thing regarding my political leanings...and you both might be surprised who/what I'd vote for in the event of Independence.

Yet, you object to "lefties". I find them objectionable too. But the term is more than acceptable.  As you say, it's just a fact...

On 10/09/2021 at 13:45, Boy Daniel said:

Media beginning to wake up to the fact that Brexit is causing problems particularly the shortage of HGV drivers, yes Covid has had an impact but nowhere near the impact Brexit is having. 

Wait until they can't get their papers into shops and every one of them will be against Brexit.

Whilst I'm no Brexit man and in fact think it was incredulously idiotic, I keep reading on here and on social media about food shortages being permanent.

I haven't noticed that reality in the supermarket and have found in practice there still to be plenty of food available. Is it a regional thing?

Edited by Taffin

WorldChampions1902
26 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Certainly the same directives from ECJ and ECHR that Barnier complains of. Hundreds and hundreds of judgements from them that overuled decisions made by  UK judges. 

On VAT, for example,  we were restricted on rate variations. Immigration, trade etc etc

The question was, “What laws were imposed on the UK by the EU?”.

You have replied by citing alleged examples of “hundreds” of EU court decisions, that overturned U.K. court decisions. However, the U.K. cast its votes on creating those EU laws. The U.K. DISAGREED with ONLY 2% of the laws that it voted on since 1999. 

We didn’t like the decisions of the ECJ and ECHR? Tough! That’s what happens in a democracy. 

Official EU voting records* show that the British government has voted ‘No’ to laws passed at EU level on 56 occasions, abstained 70 times, and voted ‘Yes’ 2,466 times since 1999, according to UK in a Changing Europe Fellows Sara Hagemann and Simon Hix.

653D9AA4-5CC6-4450-B324-19ACEF0CB261.jpeg

Edited by WorldChampions1902

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Great to see the reaction from lefties when others challenge their demonstrably naive views and their moral high stools start to rock.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to reading the Guardian.

Relentless* 

* Where relentless is a never ending stream of nonsense. 

Dennis Reynolds
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Whilst I'm no Brexit man and in fact think it was incredulously idiotic, I keep reading on here and on social media about food shortages being permanent.

I haven't noticed that reality in the supermarket and have found in practice there still to be plenty of food available. Is it a regional thing?

I've noticed it a wee bit but nothing major tbh. Usually there's an alternative available. The run on the shops at the start of Lockdown MKI was way worse. 

I still also believe Brexit was idiotic.

Konrad von Carstein

Yet, you object to "lefties". I find them objectionable too. But the term is more than acceptable.  As you say, it's just a fact...

I find people who are probably more less the same social standing as myself chucking it out as an insult a bit strange given the upbringing we had. Plus I have yet to hear what they perceive a "lefties"  to be other than someone who opposed Brexit and supports independence 🤷

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The question was, “What laws were imposed on the UK by the EU?”.

You have replied by citing alleged examples of “hundreds” of EU court decisions, that overturned U.K. court decisions. However, the U.K. cast its votes on creating those EU laws. The U.K. DISAGREED with ONLY 2% of the laws that it voted on since 1999. 

We didn’t like the decisions of the ECJ and ECHR? Tough! That’s what happens in a democracy. 

Official EU voting records* show that the British government has voted ‘No’ to laws passed at EU level on 56 occasions, abstained 70 times, and voted ‘Yes’ 2,466 times since 1999, according to UK in a Changing Europe Fellows Sara Hagemann and Simon Hix.

653D9AA4-5CC6-4450-B324-19ACEF0CB261.jpeg

And votes to leave the institution itself also happen in a democracy.  So...tough!

Let's not use disingenuous pictures to spin myths. The EU  parliament is a non proposing chamber, unlike the HOC. All laws are proposed by the UNELECTED European Council with the MEPs offered the chance to approve them. Sometimes,  the EC override the decision of the chamber.

So, the EU is anything but democratic..but we already knew that .They have history when it comes to attempting to overcome democratic referendum results.

Finally, the Lords are a revising chamber, packed with eminently qualified people for that role, with a mix of party allegiances.

I agree that it needs reform and I don't agree with hereditary peerages but their qualifications to scrutinise would not be enhanced by involving the electorate.

29 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I find people who are probably more less the same social standing as myself chucking it out as an insult a bit strange given the upbringing we had. Plus I have yet to hear what they perceive a "lefties"  to be other than someone who opposed Brexit and supports independence 🤷

A "leftie" is a left winger. Simple as that.

Social standing has nothing to do with it although it does highlight a peculiar part of the Scottish mindset that believes you should vote according to "upbringing". 

If you throw terms out as an insult against Tories then you have to accept the same back. Don't you?

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Relentless* 

* Where relentless is a never ending stream of nonsense. 

Day 3...and guess what? We're done.👍

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

A "leftie" is a left winger. Simple as that.

Social standing has nothing to do with it although it does highlight a peculiar part of the Scottish mindset that believes you should vote according to "upbringing". 

If you throw terms out as an insult against Tories then you have to accept the same back. Don't you?

Again, what do you perceive to be a lefties, what do you dislike about them, without using Brexit and Indy in your response, genuinely asking because they seem to be the drivers for being a lefties in some peoples minds.

I used upbringing because imo this current incarnation of the C&U party is so far removed from the people and values that I grew up with and it is clear,  crystally so, that they give not the shinyist shite about the ordinary punter.

Personally I dont have any issues with name calling its all banter on here...Good to get it up you Oswald Moseley types... ;)

The Mighty Thor
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Day 3...and guess what? We're done.👍

Fair play to you Enzo, everyday you find a new topic you know nothing about to come on here and rail against. 

That takes a dedication that is admirable but also an almost pathological degree of stubbornness to not absorb the knowledge others are giving you as they point out the generally fundamental errors in your 'critical thinking' and logic.

13 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Fair play to you Enzo, everyday you find a new topic you know nothing about to come on here and rail against. 

That takes a dedication that is admirable but also an almost pathological degree of stubbornness to not absorb the knowledge others are giving you as they point out the generally fundamental errors in your 'critical thinking' and logic.

Hahaha. For sheer persistence along with hammering the fantasy that other posters are providing me with coherent information , you deserve a medal. 

Sounds like I know a damned sight more about the workings of the EU than the "hang a picture from social media to prove a point"  mob.

Again.

WorldChampions1902

And votes to leave the institution itself also happen in a democracy.  So...tough!

Let's not use disingenuous pictures to spin myths. The EU  parliament is a non proposing chamber, unlike the HOC. All laws are proposed by the UNELECTED European Council with the MEPs offered the chance to approve them. Sometimes,  the EC override the decision of the chamber.

So, the EU is anything but democratic..but we already knew that .They have history when it comes to attempting to overcome democratic referendum results.

Finally, the Lords are a revising chamber, packed with eminently qualified people for that role, with a mix of party allegiances.

I agree that it needs reform and I don't agree with hereditary peerages but their qualifications to scrutinise would not be enhanced by involving the electorate.

You are the one being disingenuous and spinning myths. As my previous post clearly demonstrated, your assertion that “directives from ECJ and EHCR” are due to laws imposed by the EU is not true.  THE U.K. voted for those EU laws. Democracy in action. Leavers only seem to want democracy (or their warped version of it) when it suits. 

The shape and form of the EU and all its components were guided by its members of which the U.K. was a key player. In fact, much of the “Third Country” regs that Leavers are moaning about and which came into play once we left, were devised by the U.K. Once again, democracy in action. 

Your example of condemning EU restrictions on our ability to vary VAT rates demonstrates a complete lack of understanding as to why those rules exist. And yet again, they are applied after a vote by all members and they exist to prevent member states from gaining an unfair trading advantage over other member states. Oh…..guess what? That benefitted the U.K. It ain’t rocket science. But of course, Leavers such as yourself choose to ignore these hard facts when “stating their case”.

20 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

You are the one being disingenuous and spinning myths. As my previous post clearly demonstrated, your assertion that “directives from ECJ and EHCR” are due to laws imposed by the EU is not true.  THE U.K. voted for those EU laws. Democracy in action. Leavers only seem to want democracy (or their warped version of it) when it suits. 

The shape and form of the EU and all its components were guided by its members of which the U.K. was a key player. In fact, much of the “Third Country” regs that Leavers are moaning about and which came into play once we left, were devised by the U.K. Once again, democracy in action. 

Your example of condemning EU restrictions on our ability to vary VAT rates demonstrates a complete lack of understanding as to why those rules exist. And yet again, they are applied after a vote by all members and they exist to prevent member states from gaining an unfair trading advantage over other member states. Oh…..guess what? That benefitted the U.K. It ain’t rocket science. But of course, Leavers such as yourself choose to ignore these hard facts when “stating their case”.

We also decided to vote in MPs who , in turn, vote to decide whether or not to revise, amend or scrap the Lords.

Democracy in action.

The British public also weighed up the pros and cons of EU membership and decided that we wanted to control our borders, our money and laws, to set our own VAT rates, to leave the EU single market cartel and for UK judges to be the final arbiters of disputes.

Democracy in action.

Your picture was a cheap attempt to pretend that the EU is more democratic than the Houses of Parliament.  Clearly, it is NOT.

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sounds like I know a damned sight more about the workings of the EU than the "hang a picture from social media to prove a point"  mob.

Your assertion that “directives from ECJ and EHCR” are due to laws imposed by the EU being wrong, would suggest otherwise. As would your lack of understanding around EU VAT rates and the U.K.’s role in that decision-making process.

But we have all become so accustomed to the lies and BS spouted to “Get Brexit Done”, it comes as no surprise.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hahaha. For sheer persistence along with hammering the fantasy that other posters are providing me with coherent information , you deserve a medal. 

Again.

You may well 'know about the workings of the EU' yet you don't understand that the WA between the EU and UK and the issues the agreement has created in the NI Protocol is entirely a construct of Boris Johnson's government. His 'oven ready' deal if you like drafted and negotiated by the now Lord Frost and his team. 

So how is any of this and in particular the NI Protocol on the EU as you claimed in one of yesterday's word salads?

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Your assertion that “directives from ECJ and EHCR” are due to laws imposed by the EU being wrong, would suggest otherwise. As would your lack of understanding around EU VAT rates and the U.K.’s role in that decision-making process.

But we have all become so accustomed to the lies and BS spouted to “Get Brexit Done”, it comes as no surprise.

They come from being a member of the EU. It was our own fault for being in the feckin institution.  Obviously,  at one point we thought it was a good idea.

The imposition comes from being a member and I understand,  perfectly well, the benefits of setting our own VAT rates and making our own state aid decisions.

I was asked what rules are imposed through being a member of the EU and I detailed several. I'm not interested in the process side of it ,who votes etc,  its the imposition from the EU, as an institution, on to the UK, as a nation.

You may well 'know about the workings of the EU' yet you don't understand that the WA between the EU and UK and the issues the agreement has created in the NI Protocol is entirely a construct of Boris Johnson's government. His 'oven ready' deal if you like drafted and negotiated by the now Lord Frost and his team. 

So how is any of this and in particular the NI Protocol on the EU as you claimed in one of yesterday's word salads?

A solution could have been found, had their intransigence and determination to protect their precious single market cartel not overridden the desire to maintain peace in NI.

A solution could have been found, had their intransigence and determination to protect their precious single market cartel not overridden the desire to maintain peace in NI.

A solution was found - Boris & Frost agreed it. No one made them sign it & Johnson said it was "an excellent deal" at the time Of course, he lied then just as he lied when he said there'd be no border in the Irish  Sea. The "protection of their single market cartel" is the consequence of   legislation  agreed to by the UK as a then  EU member and of course, a consequence of quitting the EU.

After all, "brexit means brexit" and "no deal is better than a bad deal". 

The Mighty Thor
49 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A solution was found - Boris & Frost agreed it. No one made them sign it & Johnson said it was "an excellent deal" at the time Of course, he lied then just as he lied when he said there'd be no border in the Irish  Sea. The "protection of their single market cartel" is the consequence of   legislation  agreed to by the UK as a then  EU member and of course, a consequence of quitting the EU.

After all, "brexit means brexit" and "no deal is better than a bad deal". 

The same Johnson who said there would be “no forms, no checks, no barriers of any kind” as a result of his Withdrawal Agreement.

Furthermore he added when asked specifically about customs declarations “If somebody asks you to do that, tell them to ring up the Prime Minister and I will direct them to throw that form in the bin"

I believe the phrase used was "its a great deal"

The same Johnson who said there would be “no forms, no checks, no barriers of any kind” as a result of his Withdrawal Agreement.

Furthermore he added when asked specifically about customs declarations “If somebody asks you to do that, tell them to ring up the Prime Minister and I will direct them to throw that form in the bin"

I'm sure Enzo will confirm/clarify. 

GFA says no hard border in Ireland.

With the USA as a guarantor of that peace treaty, it ain't gonna be allowed to be broken.

Hard Brexit demands a border.

So it's down the Irish Sea.

This is how it is. 

This is how it must be.

This is the only possible solution unless the UK re-joins the Single Market.

There is no getting out of it.

“oven ready” 

WorldChampions1902
31 minutes ago, Cade said:

GFA says no hard border in Ireland.

With the USA as a guarantor of that peace treaty, it ain't gonna be allowed to be broken.

Hard Brexit demands a border.

So it's down the Irish Sea.

This is how it is. 

This is how it must be.

This is the only possible solution unless the UK re-joins the Single Market.

There is no getting out of it.

Yet another point that the hard of thinking can’t get their head around.

F9D3CEA0-7B77-41F0-8C91-83C12BB9DE76.jpeg

12 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You didn't "answer " my question. You brushed it under the carpet, like the good, wee Nationalist foot-soldier that you are.

Then the default trigger led you to talk about Boris. Whatabootery in all it's whatabooterical glory!

Oh aye, I get that you didn't like the answer, but that's not the same as not answering it 

17 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Having given careful thought and consideration to your post, I am happy to conclude that you are talking absolute bollox.

The EU were being as awkward as possible,  to prevent others from leaving, and were using NI as a political football. 

We should have told them, No, we will not be erecting a border between NI and Eire. DUP didn't want one, WM didn't want it and neither did Sinn Fein, obviously. 

That would have forced the EU either to have to be the ones to force a border, with all the political repercussions that would bring, or accept that their precious Single Market would not be undermined by having an alternative, trusted trader scheme,  for example, that did not involve border checks.

Most goods coming from outside EU are not checked anyway ffs and we were starting from a point of full alignment. 

The negotiations, and their handling of Covid vaccinations, proved what a corrupt, bureaucratic behemoth the EU is and most certainly vindicated our decision to leave.

The UK left.  That means you're a third country and not a member, and we have to replace your seamless access to our market with border controls.  It's called taking control of our borders.  You're doing it, and so are we.  It's got nothing to do with any other country that is within the EU, and everything to do with all the other countries that are outside the EU.  However, we need a seamless border on this island for the time being, while at the same time we can't have one with the UK.  That's one hell of a conundrum, but it's not a conundrum that we created, it's one that you created.  So, in effect, the solution was to make NI an airlock with access from the UK market to ours and vice versa.  We said that trade from NI into the EU had to be seamless.  We also said that NI's access to the GB market had to be seamless.  It was not for us to insist that GB's access to the NI market had to be seamless, but we repeatedly offered different methods to make it so.  We did that because, to use your words, we were starting from a point of full alignment.  But the British government turned us down, again and again.

We can't have a trusted trader scheme because we can't have a trusted anything scheme.  Why?  Because Britain's government isn't trustworthy.  They won't even implement the deals they agreed.  Not only that, but since the UK left the EU, the British government has already lowered its standards, more than once.  The UK gave the Australians a trade deal that they could never have negotiated with us, and they forced the UK to drop its own environmental standards' commitments.  They've made it way easier for someone to become a truck driver.  They've removed barriers to dumping crap in their waterways - your waterways.  With a track record like that, no party in their right mind should agree to anything "trusted" where the British government gets to administer the rules.

The UK wanted to take back control.  It's done it.  Congratulations on winning.  Meanwhile, we've got to take control of our borders, and we're doing that.  That's how it works. 

But if you've gone, stop banging on about the EU vindicating your decision to leave.  Aside from the fact that you sound childish when you say it, you're missing the very important point that your decision to leave was vindicated from the moment you made it.  Even if the EU turned out to be paradise on sodding Earth, the UK made its decision, and that decision is worthy of respect.  And stop looking after your shoulder and finding reasons to talk about us.  You said you wanted to leave.  Stop coming back up the garden path for another rant or moan.  Stop looking so obsessed with us.  Just leave.

5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

The UK left.  That means you're a third country and not a member, and we have to replace your seamless access to our market with border controls.  It's called taking control of our borders.  You're doing it, and so are we.  It's got nothing to do with any other country that is within the EU, and everything to do with all the other countries that are outside the EU.  However, we need a seamless border on this island for the time being, while at the same time we can't have one with the UK.  That's one hell of a conundrum, but it's not a conundrum that we created, it's one that you created.  So, in effect, the solution was to make NI an airlock with access from the UK market to ours and vice versa.  We said that trade from NI into the EU had to be seamless.  We also said that NI's access to the GB market had to be seamless.  It was not for us to insist that GB's access to the NI market had to be seamless, but we repeatedly offered different methods to make it so.  We did that because, to use your words, we were starting from a point of full alignment.  But the British government turned us down, again and again.

We can't have a trusted trader scheme because we can't have a trusted anything scheme.  Why?  Because Britain's government isn't trustworthy.  They won't even implement the deals they agreed.  Not only that, but since the UK left the EU, the British government has already lowered its standards, more than once.  The UK gave the Australians a trade deal that they could never have negotiated with us, and they forced the UK to drop its own environmental standards' commitments.  They've made it way easier for someone to become a truck driver.  They've removed barriers to dumping crap in their waterways - your waterways.  With a track record like that, no party in their right mind should agree to anything "trusted" where the British government gets to administer the rules.

The UK wanted to take back control.  It's done it.  Congratulations on winning.  Meanwhile, we've got to take control of our borders, and we're doing that.  That's how it works. 

But if you've gone, stop banging on about the EU vindicating your decision to leave.  Aside from the fact that you sound childish when you say it, you're missing the very important point that your decision to leave was vindicated from the moment you made it.  Even if the EU turned out to be paradise on sodding Earth, the UK made its decision, and that decision is worthy of respect.  And stop looking after your shoulder and finding reasons to talk about us.  You said you wanted to leave.  Stop coming back up the garden path for another rant or moan.  Stop looking so obsessed with us.  Just leave.

I voted Remain.  😂

But a good bit of assumption jumping,  anyway.👍.

The EU were intransigent and paranoid when it came to the issue of GB/NI trade. That certainly could have been resolved by a common sense, trust based approach as goods destined for NI, NOT Ireland, are feck all to do with the EU. 

As it is, the impracticalities are playing out and the protocol may be heading for the shredder. 

The EU will then be forced into removing their head from the sand and negotiating in good faith.

The Mighty Thor

Looks like our resident expert on absolutely nothing isn't the only one with a an understanding gap wider than the English channel.

M&S chairman and serial whinger, Archie Norman, is on again about French bureaucracy impacting his French stores from selling sandwiches and ready meals. That'll be because the UK left the EU Archie.

What's most surprising is that dear Archie doesn't understand what's happened despite being a former Tory MP and arch Euro sceptic. 

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wow. A masterpiece of revisionism. 

You've got to hand it to the Tories, their ability to shift blame and accountability is incredible. 

6 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I voted Remain.  😂

The EU were intransigent and paranoid when it came to the issue of GB/NI trade. That certainly could have been resolved by a common sense, trust based approach as goods destined for NI, NOT Ireland, are feck all to do with the EU. 

As it is, the impracticalities are playing out and the protocol may be heading for the shredder. 

The EU will then be forced into removing their head from the sand and negotiating in good faith.

You've parroted the words of Lord Frost and others in the Government. But what's the detail? What's the evidence of EU intransigence?

WorldChampions1902
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You've parroted the words of Lord Frost and others in the Government. But what's the detail? What's the evidence of EU intransigence?

Imagine parroting the words of Lord Frost. He has zero credibility in all of this.

F9790116-AF39-4BEA-894D-75168EB81EB6.jpeg

7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I voted Remain.  😂

The EU is protecting its single market - using the very rules the UK helped draw up and then signed up to in the W/NIP.

At the same time , Johnson insisted on divergence in absolute terms with no role in any way shape or form for the EU to have any say in the running of the UK. This has resulted , predictably, in UK being treated as a third country. That's the consequences of brexit & entirely predictable.

Chuck in the DUP trying to make a constitutional crisis out of absolutely nothing (which is what this is really all about) and it's a total mess - of the UKs making. 

Your comments about the EU failing to negotiate in good faith are just a denial of the reality as to how the UK has behaved since the day Johnson took over. And now we have Frost threatening Article16 when by his own admission he doesn't actually know yet what the EU proposals are. Good faith,  did you say ?

PS Where are the technology solutions we were told could be deployed in NI to help reduce lessen the shambles the UK govt has made in NI ? 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

There isn't any evidence because Frost doesn't know yet what the EU proposals are. 

23 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The British public also weighed up the pros and cons of EU membership...

You reckon?

I don't. I think folk chose to believe the empty rhetoric, the side of a bus and promises of no more immigrants.