Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Energy companies hiking their prices up and passing them on to the consumer but did they pass it on to the consumer when gas prices were low the last couple of years ? Did they ****. They have squirrelled away billions 

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

There are no Brexiteers or Remainers any more. It's done, gone and finished.

Doesn't matter if you voted stay, as I did, or leave.

All that matters is how we progress in future.

What's the point in gloating and point scoring cause it won't change anything.

Leavers were gloating out of every pore when they "won" so they can suck up what's coming to them now - unless of course, they can actually show us the benefiots of brexit. I've lost the right to retire to the EU unless I pay exhorbitant health insurance so personally , it's a disaster for me.

Here another dose of the bullshit Leave shamelessly lied about to con the gullible & racists.

11 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Interesting off topic point about the EU. 
How will Poland react to this penalty and judgement? 

Sorry if I'm wrong but thought the Polish government in place now were ultra right wing and made the Westminster mob look positively centrist ? 

If that's the case they'll kick and scream like spoiled bairns about it and use it to stoke up resentment. 

7 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Sorry if I'm wrong but thought the Polish government in place now were ultra right wing and made the Westminster mob look positively centrist ? 

If that's the case they'll kick and scream like spoiled bairns about it and use it to stoke up resentment. 

Ive no idea about Polish politics however I can’t see this current (Polish) government taking this lying down. I’d imagine the voters would want to keep the lights on and stuff the rest. As for the daily fine I can’t see them paying that either. 

4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Sorry Mal, but I'm not having that. Scotland produces more than enough energy to supply the population, multiple times over, yet we're gonnae have over lights switched off, in the not too distant future. Fecking pathetic.

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Sorry Mal, but I'm not having that. Scotland produces more than enough energy to supply the population, multiple times over, yet we're gonnae have over lights switched off, in the not too distant future. Fecking pathetic.

It's got very little to do with brexit at the risk of repeating myself.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Leavers were gloating out of every pore when they "won" so they can suck up what's coming to them now - unless of course, they can actually show us the benefiots of brexit. I've lost the right to retire to the EU unless I pay exhorbitant health insurance so personally , it's a disaster for me.

Here another dose of the bullshit Leave shamelessly lied about to con the gullible & racists.

How the hell did we get to him being PM 

Can only hope Starmer and Labour get thier act together ,

No signs of that though. 

jack D and coke
35 minutes ago, Ked said:

Let’s hope not. I hope it doesn’t happen at all but the proof will be if ours go out and the EU’s don’t. 
Brexit isn’t helping anything atm. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

How the hell did we get to him being PM 

Can only hope Starmer and Labour get thier act together ,

No signs of that though. 

Starmer is a stooge. You’d swear the tories have somehow got him to Labour leader to make sure they stay in power. 
The emptiest suit I think I’ve ever seen in opposition. 

A disgrace of a Labour leader. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Because it's a total mess and the people who caused it shouldn't be allowed to just shrug their shoulders and go "oops, let's just move on".

It matters massively how people voted.

But it really doesn't. It would if they were treated differently but they aren't. 

We are all impacted.

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

But it really doesn't. It would if they were treated differently but they aren't. 

We are all impacted.

We're all impacted, but we're not all to blame. Personally, I think it's important to know, so I know not to listen to them on other topics and which businesses to avoid etc. Is it divisive? You bet, but only one group created that division, the Brexiteers, and I'll never forgive them, and I don't intend to forget either.

You can decide to let it go and move on if you want. That's great. But there most certainly are still Brexiteers and Remainers.

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Because it's a total mess and the people who caused it shouldn't be allowed to just shrug their shoulders and go "oops, let's just move on".

It matters massively how people voted.

Difficult to “move on” from Brexit when it appears that Johnson and Frost are still attempting to renegotiate parts of the deal.

2 hours ago, Ked said:

But let's not pretend that Brexit isn't having a significant impact in this scenario -  UK is no longer part of the EU wide scheme which  means UK doesn't get the same lower priced energy the EU negotiated deal provides. . Brexit isn't the only/main driver but it's significant. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We are all impacted.

...and  so we should not question the merits of brexit, ask if there's a better way out of this mess ( I don't mean another referendum) ? 

... so we should unthinkingly/uncritically accept that this is what brexit reality is ?

... so you're  asking everyone to accept this brexit  is what the people voted for ? No more debate required ? 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

We're all impacted, but we're not all to blame. Personally, I think it's important to know, so I know not to listen to them on other topics and which businesses to avoid etc. Is it divisive? You bet, but only one group created that division, the Brexiteers, and I'll never forgive them, and I don't intend to forget either.

You can decide to let it go and move on if you want. That's great. But there most certainly are still Brexiteers and Remainers.

Other than getting yourself worked up though, ultimately you will only be stressing yourself.

Those who voted leave, by and large, don't give a toss about economy or food shortages or anything other than immigration. They wanted to be out and any price was worth paying, so they got their wish.

Not many leavers would change vote, even when they see outcome and difficulties caused.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

...and  so we should not question the merits of brexit, ask if there's a better way out of this mess ( I don't mean another referendum) ? 

... so we should unthinkingly/uncritically accept that this is what brexit reality is ?

... so you're  asking everyone to accept this brexit  is what the people voted for ? No more debate required ? 

You can bear it in mind when voting but yep, we need to accept Brexit for what it is. It won't be changing in immediate future, regardless of what you and I think 

7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Other than getting yourself worked up though, ultimately you will only be stressing yourself.

Those who voted leave, by and large, don't give a toss about economy or food shortages or anything other than immigration. They wanted to be out and any price was worth paying, so they got their wish.

Not many leavers would change vote, even when they see outcome and difficulties caused.

I'm not stressed out about it, once I've got my Irish passport it will no longer be an issue for me. I'll still think they're collosal bellends for voting for it though and will discard their thoughts and opinions and avoid using their businesses.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm not stressed out about it, once I've got my Irish passport it will no longer be an issue for me. I'll still think they're collosal bellends for voting for it though and will discard their thoughts and opinions and avoid using their businesses.

Fair enough. Sadly, there are so many Bellends on both sides, it's almost impossible to avoid them all but places like Weatherspoons and Dyson can certainly do one.

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You can bear it in mind when voting but yep, we need to accept Brexit for what it is. It won't be changing in immediate future, regardless of what you and I think 

We don't need to accept brexit "for what it is" and that's my point. Brexit isn't done, it won't be done for years to come and we don't have to accept the piss poor outcomes we're seeing impacting the economy and jobs. Accepting we've left is one thing but the after shock has been awful. 

Nucky Thompson
47 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

the after shock has been awful. 

Has it? I can't say I've noticed it impacting my everyday life

5 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

But let's not pretend that Brexit isn't having a significant impact in this scenario -  UK is no longer part of the EU wide scheme which  means UK doesn't get the same lower priced energy the EU negotiated deal provides. . Brexit isn't the only/main driver but it's significant. 

It makes dealing with this more difficult.I think we all need to get used to the idea that energy supplies in their current form are not viable and will continue to cost more.

A lot more.That includes the price we pay at the till and if we dont accept a lessening of comfort a price that will effect more than our wallet.Of course brexit is a factor but it really is small tatties .

I'm seeing this through environmental eyes just to be clear.

It's a global problem .Our political punch and Judy approach doesnt look like its cut out to deal with it.

I'm not sure European politics is much better.

Boris sent packing by Sleepy Joe 

The UK is considering applying to join the US-Mexico-Canada trade deal after Boris Johnson conceded that a bilateral agreement with Washington will not happen before the next general election.

Tying up with the three North American powers could be an alternative to working out a bespoke US-UK free-trade agreement, the Government believes.

Joe Biden has indicated he is not interested in pursuing new bilateral deals, unlike Donald Trump. But expanding existing agreements may prove less politically controversial.

17 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If it's gone, why does the British government keep whining about the deal they negotiated with the EU?  That's a rhetorical question by the way; we all know why.

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

The UK is considering applying to join the US-Mexico-Canada trade deal after Boris Johnson conceded that a bilateral agreement with Washington will not happen before the next general election.

Tying up with the three North American powers could be an alternative to working out a bespoke US-UK free-trade agreement, the Government believes.

Joe Biden has indicated he is not interested in pursuing new bilateral deals, unlike Donald Trump. But expanding existing agreements may prove less politically controversial.

Does the British government have any external evidence to suggest that getting into "NAFTA tweaked" could be a realistic alternative?  A couple of days ago the blonde haystack in a suit that chairs Cabinet meetings claimed that the Dutch Prime Minister had offered to act as a mediator between London and Brussels for changes to the NI protocol.  The Dutch Prime Minister hadn't, and he issued a denial.  This piece of silliness was so typical of the sort of nonsense that emanates from London these days that it just about registered in the news here.

jack D and coke
8 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Was listening to LBC yesterday and Mahjid Nawed had said that during the Afghanistan chaos recently Johnson had tried to get Biden for 36 hours before he finally took the call. I get that he might not like Johnson but that’s shocking if that’s true. 
Certainly looks like different times in the “special relationship” these days. We really appear to be on our own. 

7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Was listening to LBC yesterday and Mahjid Nawed had said that during the Afghanistan chaos recently Johnson had tried to get Biden for 36 hours before he finally took the call. I get that he might not like Johnson but that’s shocking if that’s true. 
Certainly looks like different times in the “special relationship” these days. We really appear to be on our own. 

Biden probably mistook the phone ringing for a new groove from the  wireless.

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Biden probably mistook the phone ringing for a new groove from the  wireless.

:lol: hes another of the recent leaders that you shake your head how he got into power. Is that the best they had? Hilary Clinton (Trump) and now him? 
giphy.gif?cid=5e214886o5gmkovza23zf2ge0l

29 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Is it that shocking though? We're irrelevant, it's like the committee secretary of Woodburn Miners calling the queen these days.

We don't even have influence in the EU any more

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
29 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The US has a number of "special relationships" with France, South Korea,etc. There's nothing special about the relationship between the UK and USA.

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is it that shocking though? We're irrelevant, it's like the committee secretary of Woodburn Miners calling the queen these days.

We don't even have influence in the EU any more

😬😂

7 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The US has a number of "special relationships" with France, South Korea,etc. There's nothing special about the relationship between the UK and USA.

It would appear so. Joe when asked when he became president if Britain could expect a good trade deal with America replied “I’m Irish”. 
I think that says loads. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

😬😂

It would appear so. Joe when asked when he became president if Britain could expect a good trade deal with America replied “I’m Irish”. 
I think that says loads. 

It says loads indeed, and a lot of it about Biden in fairness. He's not Irish, he's an out of date relic who probably doesn't know what day of the week it is.

That doesn't change the UKs irrelevance though. 

“Global Britain” in the form of Bunter being completely humiliated in the USA. Who could possibly have imagined that the USA would be prioritising its trade relationships with its near neighbours over a deal with a small country thousands of miles away which accounts for 2.5% of its trade?

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

The “Special relationship” pish is always worth a laugh.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
31 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

😬😂

I think that says loads. 

It's like the useful idiot, there's a special relationship whenever the US needs something done (like faking Iraq evidence).

If the UK doesn't already know how irrelevant it is, it soon will.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

There is a (relatively) simple fix for all our trade and Irish border troubles and that is rejoin the EU. I wonder which politician has the guts to suggest that. Rejoin and all the problems disappear immediately.

WorldChampions1902
17 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

And ain’t that the truth, sadly.

As predicted however, there has been NO reduction in overall U.K. immigration levels as the reduction in EU immigrants has been cancelled out by the increase on non-EU immigrants.

Project Reality bites again.

There is a (relatively) simple fix for all our trade and Irish border troubles and that is rejoin the EU. I wonder which politician has the guts to suggest that. Rejoin and all the problems disappear immediately.

It can't happen, too much pride would be lost. Ffs.

And if we did try to rejoin we'd have a much less privileged role than before.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They say pride comes before a fall, we are currently in free fall. Stuff pride let’s get this country back on an even keel. In the process let’s nail Johnson, Mog, Gove and Farage for being liars and charlatans 
Being less privileged may not be a bad thing if it means decent trade and ability to actually provide a willing workforce to do the jobs needing done. 

Malinga the Swinga

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If you're waiting for our politicians to develop an honesty bone and a spine, you'll be waiting a long time.

There's not one of them who I would place my trust in and that's in Westminster and Holyrood.

Complete bunch of charlatans.

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If you're waiting for our politicians to develop an honesty bone and a spine, you'll be waiting a long time.

There's not one of them who I would place my trust in and that's in Westminster and Holyrood.

Complete bunch of charlatans.

I don't blame anyone for being cynical but the problem there is that the few good guys get rolled up with the ****s, and that's to the *****' benefit.

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Seriously, what's happened to our politicians, not one are qualified for the job.

It’s an illusion, mate. Let’s face it, the people who really run things, pay good money to get the politicians they want, and they have them now. 
A good example is the character assassination of Jeramy Corbyn. There was no way on earth he was going to be allowed to gain power.

Anti-semitism has miraculously disappeared as a concern for people !

Ask yourself why.

It’s nice for people to think we are different from China and Russia but we aren’t really.

In America, the self-appointed, champions of democracy, you can only vote for one of two parties. 
It’s a big con. 
Cynicism is the insult directed at such views. Good, as the saying goes, if you ain’t cynical, you ain’t listening !

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Boab said:

It’s an illusion, mate. Let’s face it, the people who really run things, pay good money to get the politicians they want, and they have them now. 
A good example is the character assassination of Jeramy Corbyn. There was no way on earth he was going to be allowed to gain power.

Anti-semitism has miraculously disappeared as a concern for people !

Ask yourself why.

It’s nice for people to think we are different from China and Russia but we aren’t really.

In America, the self-appointed, champions of democracy, you can only vote for one of two parties. 
It’s a big con. 
Cynicism is the insult directed at such views. Good, as the saying goes, if you ain’t cynical, you ain’t listening !

As for the highlighted bit i mentioned that the other day and was told my post was “pish”. 
You’d have to be David Blunkett not to see what happened there. 

4 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

"The United States has no closer or more reliable ally than Australia."

- President Biden, 21 September 2021

23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

As for the highlighted bit i mentioned that the other day and was told my post was “pish”. 
You’d have to be David Blunkett not to see what happened there. 

The more “ outlandish “ the claim, the bigger the derision.

There is a huge mafia trial going on right now in Sicily and some of the charges are fraud, racketeering and political corruption.

Basically, the ‘Ndrangheta were re-directing funds from huge contracts and giving it to their friends.

Ringing any bells ?

4 hours ago, leginten said:

“Global Britain” in the form of Bunter being completely humiliated in the USA. Who could possibly have imagined that the USA would be prioritising its trade relationships with its near neighbours over a deal with a small country thousands of miles away which accounts for 2.5% of its trade?

2 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Nope.  That's a bad idea, and it's not going to happen.  The people voted to leave.  There are some teething problems, and it will take time to adjust, but if the British government stops panicking and takes some time to let the trade agreement settle down that adjustment will happen naturally.  The EU and UK will trade less with each other, but that's a natural consequence of the UK's desire to have a more distant relationship with the EU.