Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s all to do with this US deal. Importing of their shan meat but the UK govt wants to make silly headlines about it. 

What a ***** of a man :lol: 

All of Britain should have a riddy. 
What’s krankie aw aboot tho likes :rofl:

All laughing and joking aside, the EU has three grades of connection with the rest of the world on food products.  One is "almost all green light".  The other two are mostly amber and red, and only distinguished by how bad the paperwork is.  Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and Liechtenstein are in Group 1.  New Zealand is in group 2.  The UK is in - wait for it - group 3.  The NI protocol allows certain items to be treated as Group 1, some as Group 2, and a smaller number as Group 3.  The EU repeatedly offered the UK a deal to get everything into Group 1.  When the UK repeatedly turned that down, with the help of the DUP in NI, the EU repeatedly offered the UK a deal to get NI into Group 1.  The UK repeatedly turned that down as well, and guess which NI party supported them throughout.  The Tories and the DUP new the risks, and knew exactly what they were doing.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Victorian

• Cade

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
Just now, Ulysses said:

All laughing and joking aside, the EU has three grades of connection with the rest of the world on food products.  One is "almost all green light".  The other two are mostly amber and red, and only distinguished by how bad the paperwork is.  Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and Liechtenstein are in Group 1.  New Zealand is in group 2.  The UK is in - wait for it - group 3.  The NI protocol allows certain items to be treated as Group 1, some as Group 2, and a smaller number as Group 3.  The EU repeatedly offered the UK a deal to get everything into Group 1.  When the UK repeatedly turned that down, with the help of the DUP in NI, the EU repeatedly offered the UK a deal to get NI into Group 1.  The UK repeatedly turned that down as well, and guess which NI party supported them throughout.  The Tories and the DUP new the risks, and knew exactly what they were doing.

I’m not as clued up as you bud...

But...this is the brexit we were warned about. 
By the same token I accept the result and we have to make do. 
Johnson, Gove, Rees Mogg et all need flogged. Publicly man. 

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not as clued up as you bud...

But...this is the brexit we were warned about. 
By the same token I accept the result and we have to make do. 
Johnson, Gove, Rees Mogg et all need flogged. Publicly man. 

The problem is that these people need to own it.  Whoever gains from this Brexit escapade, it won't be Northern Irish farmers, Scottish workers, Welsh shoppers or English lorry drivers.

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

The problem is that these people need to own it.  Whoever gains from this Brexit escapade, it won't be Northern Irish farmers, Scottish workers, Welsh shoppers or English lorry drivers.

I started from a pro brexit position but as it went on and the more I understood (or at least tried to understand) what it all meant I backed away. It’s just mental imo...
I have no idea who benefits from brexit at all. Hopefully down the line we will see something but it seems insane to me. Absolutely mugged off we’ve been. 

In other EU news.....

The EU is taking the EU to the European Court of Justice :rofl:

The European Parliament has voted to sue the European Commission for failing to trigger sanctions against Poland and Hungary linked to the far-right governments of those two nations openly attacking democracy and the rule of law.

5 hours ago, Cade said:

In other EU news.....

The EU is taking the EU to the European Court of Justice :rofl:

The European Parliament has voted to sue the European Commission for failing to trigger sanctions against Poland and Hungary linked to the far-right governments of those two nations openly attacking democracy and the rule of law.

The Parliament wants the Commission to implement a specific regulation.  The Commission says there's a delay for technical reasons, but the Parliament doesn't accept that. The Parliament can't direct the Commission, but the ECJ can.  The Parliament has the right to take a case to the ECJ to get it to direct the Commission, and it has told the Commission it intends to do that.  It's a direct example of the EU's directly elected Parliament using the EU treaties to get the non-elected Commission to uphold democracy and the rule of law.  Not a bad thing, IMO - and a lot more productive than shouting about sausages.  :whistling:

Exactly.

This is a good thing.

Democracy in action.

The thinking is that the Commission delayed things until AFTER the EU budget (including Covid recovery) was passed.

Poland and Hungary had previously threatened to veto the budget.

At least this way, it's the entire EU coming down on the two heidbam nations; so they can't just moan at the Commission being biased against them.

Bit of a masterstroke, really.

Edited by Cade
8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

That 600k of ref2 donation money lost down the back of Sturgeon's sofa showed up yet?

Decent effort.

If you'd chucked in a reference to Sturgeon's memory I would've had a full house. :sad:

WorldChampions1902
32 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

:spoton:

The UK will be a better place now that corruption has been repatriated.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/michael-gove-coronavirus-contract-dominic-cummings-b1862426.html

The Good Law Project has another dozen+ Legal actions pending against this corrupt Junta. I wonder how many more cases the government loses before these corrupt politicians start resigning? Not holding my breath.

9 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The Good Law Project has another dozen+ Legal actions pending against this corrupt Junta. I wonder how many more cases the government loses before these corrupt politicians start resigning? Not holding my breath.

Sadly it doesn't seem to matter what they do, as long as they keep waving their Union Jacks around their base is happy.

Boy Daniel

I heard yesterday that all army vehicles landing in NI from the UK have to be hosed down and free of earth etc. 
This is the Brexit we were told about about where transport from mainland UK needs to be clean before it arrives in the UK. 

:seethe:

4838.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=form

Look at the nick of our glorious leader.

A total shambles.
Looks more and more like Benny Hill with each passing day.

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

It’s mind blowing, day after day. 
This govt is off the charts corrupt and basically unsuitable for office yet will probably rule for at least another decade. 

095F60CF-61D4-4F59-80FF-A9CFC7890168.jpeg

1 hour ago, inspector said:

Daft question. If it's the G7, why are there 9 people?

European Council and the EU are the other two unofficial members.

15 minutes ago, Cade said:

European Council and the EU are the other two unofficial members.

That would explain the other two. Thanks