Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105

Ive often been in big Qs at Spanish airports over past few years so cant see it being a huge change especially as Spanish are desperate to hold on to the massive British £ part of their economy

45 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Most of that from Councillor Victoria is complete lies. We are retaining the European health card thingy, can visit any EU country for up to 90 days without the need for a Visa and how does she know the queues are long we haven't even left yet daft wee bitch.

Not quite, there is a fundamental change (of course , that's been buried) -

"A European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) gives you the right to access state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in the EU."

UK immigrants in Spain now face NEW health costs of roughly 150 Euros per month for health cover - which was previously covered under reciprocal agreements. The UK has more immigrants in the EU than any EU country. 

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Not quite, there is a fundamental change (of course , that's been buried) -

"A European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) gives you the right to access state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in the EU."

UK immigrants in Spain now face NEW health costs of roughly 150 Euros per month for health cover - which was previously covered under reciprocal agreements. The UK has more immigrants in the EU than any EU country. 

I'm sure over the years I have read a fair few stories about Spanish Hospitals pretty much ignoring the EHIC and charging UK citizens for hospital treatment. Only Spain though for some reason. 

Seymour M Hersh

Here's a little song for all our friends who voted remain and still refuse to accept that we'll be out in a few hours time. Without EU. 

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Here's a little song for all our friends who voted remain and still refuse to accept that we'll be out in a few hours time. Without EU. 

I don't think anyone is refusing to accept it. Just that it's a terrible idea. 

Edited by Norm

9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Let’s see what songs you’re singing in a couple of years time ;)

WorldChampions1902
5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm sure over the years I have read a fair few stories about Spanish Hospitals pretty much ignoring the EHIC and charging UK citizens for hospital treatment. Only Spain though for some reason. 

So, if I follow your logic, because you “read a few stories” (no doubt in the Daily Mail) about a reluctance of Spanish Hospitals to recognise the EHIC card, am I correct in believing that you think it’s no great loss?

If that is your point, then I would suggest that IF it was true, then it is a tiny, tiny number of cases and it can be reclaimed. I also note your point fails to acknowledge that in probably 99% of Spanish cases, it wasn’t a problem, and for 100% of claims in the other 26 EU countries, it wasn’t a problem. 

So IF your point was that EHIC is no great loss, hopefully you will now recognise that it is quite the opposite.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They do. The EHIC only covers certain health centres and hospitals in Spain. You have to ensure you are taken, or go to, a state run centre. 

Ex-pats are all registered with Doctors in Health Centres,  if they start trying to charge them health insurance they would be cutting their own throats. The bureaucrats in Brussels and the constituent parts of the EU are entirely different entities.

13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They do. The EHIC only covers certain health centres and hospitals in Spain. You have to ensure you are taken, or go to, a state run centre. 

Ex-pats are all registered with Doctors in Health Centres,  if they start trying to charge them health insurance they would be cutting their own throats. The bureaucrats in Brussels and the constituent parts of the EU are entirely different entities.

People will need health insurance. 

Though it does seem there is a lot of uncertainty in this agreement. 

WorldChampions1902
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This in spades. But the “I knew what I voted for” crowd are nonetheless triumphalist. Premature, to put it mildly.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes, hopefully they can sort something out that will be mutually beneficial 

WorldChampions1902

Probably not to the ‘taste’ of Daily Mail readers, but an interesting article in the FT about Brexit and Scotland’s Independence prospects.

https://www.ft.com/content/8fa3b25e-f769-4885-a547-df5a2f8f2bf8?segmentid=acee4131-99c2-09d3-a635-873e61754ec6&fbclid=IwAR0ET9hFTNzj6X219uiI-VLmKKMA5K7-oV799X_TSxMBSl2u2JanqVyS9cw

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

So, if I follow your logic, because you “read a few stories” (no doubt in the Daily Mail) about a reluctance of Spanish Hospitals to recognise the EHIC card, am I correct in believing that you think it’s no great loss?

If that is your point, then I would suggest that IF it was true, then it is a tiny, tiny number of cases and it can be reclaimed. I also note your point fails to acknowledge that in probably 99% of Spanish cases, it wasn’t a problem, and for 100% of claims in the other 26 EU countries, it wasn’t a problem. 

So IF your point was that EHIC is no great loss, hopefully you will now recognise that it is quite the opposite.

I read the Telegraph but thanks. Enzo clarifies what I've read in his post above. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Norm said:

I don't think anyone is refusing to accept it. Just that it's a terrible idea. 

Norm, it's not just an idea. As of 11pm this very evening it's a fact. :food-smiley-004:

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, kila said:

Let’s see what songs you’re singing in a couple of years time ;)

Maybe this (not that I've ever sung it before) but you never know. :scenes:

6 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I saw a bit of his speech yesterday about being a proud European.

What a load of fecking shit :lol:

He's a cantankerous old sod 

Not trying to make a party political point here........  but one of the most annoying things (to me anyway) about the whole campaign and subsequent argy-bargy has been the conflation between "being in the EU" and "being in Europe".  Aye, you can always rely on politicians to spot an opportunity to mis-lead/exaggerate when they're trying to get you on their side.

So just to be clear ..... unless the  Vote Leave folk have managed to alter world geography,  the British Isles will continue to be in Europe. 👍

Francis Albert

Freedom!!!

I don't really believe it but surely someone had to say it. Or at least acknowledge it after 386 pages.

WorldChampions1902
8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Freedom!!!

I don't really believe it but surely someone had to say it. Or at least acknowledge it after 386 pages.

I admire your optimism but the congenital liar hasn’t even agreed to a second referendum - yet. Just a matter of time though, I agree.

4 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I admire your optimism but the congenital liar hasn’t even agreed to a second referendum - yet. Just a matter of time though, I agree.

Wait til Scotland play the brexit playbook - non-binding referendum/get to court/freedom.

Happy days.

Happy new year brother ! 

16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Freedom!!!

:rofl:

Have you told the fish ? 

Britain did very well out of being in the EU.

Got a feeling it will do quite well out of being outside.

That doesn't mean certain industries and communities won't suffer. Farming, fishing, the communities that received EU grants notably. 

jack D and coke
41 minutes ago, Australis said:

Happy Brexit day and happy new year to all Jambos. 

Be great if we could all just accept it’s done and move on to more important stuff. 
Happy new year all jambos too🇱🇻

Ibrahim Tall
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

The what now?

tenor.gif?itemid=11038353&f=1&nofb=1

Border in the Irish Sea, Gibraltar practically handed over to Spain, Brexits going well.

1B15324F-2995-4980-BD90-5CEBAE4BC9F4.jpeg

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I thought Sturgone wanted one ?

The SNP know that their policy of adopting Sterling but allowing the UK to determine monetary policy makes it impossible to ever rejoin the EU.

The SNP know that people with , salaries, pensions and mortgages want to keep the pound. 

So they pretend none of it matters.

Good Morning Britain and Happy New Year 😊 

Edited by pablo

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, pablo said:

The SNP know that their policy of adopting Sterling but allowing the UK to determine monetary policy makes it impossible to ever rejoin the EU.

The SNP know that people with , salaries, pensions and mortgages want to keep the pound. 

Good Morning Britain and Happy New Year 😊 

Aye but hope over fear, unleash the unicorn etc etc. Happy New Year my fellow Brit 

WorldChampions1902
10 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Wait til Scotland play the brexit playbook - non-binding referendum/get to court/freedom.

Happy days.

Happy new year brother ! 

Happy New Year to you!

And a Happy New Year to all Jambos wherever you may be!

3 hours ago, pablo said:

Here's to hoping 2021 can be a year where we all take a minute to really analyse the things we believe. Where we stop saying things that sound nice to us just because they're comforting—especially things we attribute to groups of “others” we don't like. Not only is it the right thing to do, it's better for our own souls when reality hits us. And it looks to hit a great many people very hard, as the numbers would sure seem to indicate, in the first five months especially.

The opportunity for growth is immense. :thumbsup: 'Mon the 60%. Happy New Year to all Scots, whether born or adopted, and all Jambos.

Edited by Justin Z

7 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Spanish government might be a tad pissed off.  :toasting:

Really confusing all this for the SNP and Independence supporters. 

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Here's to hoping 2021 can be a year where we all take a minute to really analyse the things we believe. Where we stop saying things that sound nice to us just because they're comforting—especially things we attribute to groups of “others” we don't like. Not only is it the right thing to do, it's better for our own souls when reality hits us. And it looks to hit a great many people very hard, as the numbers would sure seem to indicate, in the first five months especially.

The opportunity for growth is immense. :thumbsup: 'Mon the 60%. Happy New Year to all Scots, whether born or adopted, and all Jambos.

👍

Francis Albert

Guardian still fighting for the Remainer cause. Lead story  "In crisis, without fanfare, UK finally ends the EU era"... "a departure that was notably low key, if marked by warnings of likely disruption to come"... "individuals and businesses face a dizzying new array of red tape"  " Considerable government anxiety remains focussed on the situation in the Channel ports" and so on and on and on. 

How on earth did we manage about half our trade outside the EU, with vastly more "dizzying" red tape. And for individuals, travel and holiday outside the EU, again with far more dizzying red tape?

46 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

EGDmCdR.gif FREE FROM THE SHACKLES... of... free trade, or something.

Edited by Justin Z