Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He apologised did he? I expect we'll see the same any minute now from Seymour.

Yes, to his credit he apologised and deleted the tweet. Just pointing out it's becoming more common and it's not acceptable. Over to you Seymour.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EU president and chair of the commission both sign the deal.

Sending it over to London to get Boris' scribble later on.

Assuming it sails through Parliament (which it will)

6 minutes ago, pablo said:

Yes, to his credit he apologised and deleted the tweet. Just pointing out it's becoming more common and it's not acceptable.

Blackford is the sort of bam you see a few of in any movement. He operates entirely against the spirit of what he claims to stand for. Why he is in the position he is baffles me. He is the @ri Alban of the SNP, displaying Hibs class at every turn.

But all that misses the underlying point: behaviour like this has become more common because xenophobia is official UK government policy, with Brexit but one tentacle.

Edit: Actually, it doesn't baffle me. The SNP were a fringe party until recently. He was one of the nutters who was in the right place at the right time. As a party it has by-and-large filled out with more capable folk, but he remains.

Edited by Justin Z

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Blackford is the sort of bam you see a few of in any movement. He operates entirely against the spirit of what he claims to stand for. Why he is in the position he is baffles me. He is the @ri Alban of the SNP, displaying Hibs class at every turn.

But all that misses the underlying point: behaviour like this has become more common because xenophobia is official UK government policy, with Brexit but one tentacle.

Completely agree with you on both points. 

Apparently Rees-Mogg said we've been debating this for 50 years, so no issue with us only having 5 hours to debate this deal.

What a bunch of gas lightning cants this Government is.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Deary me,  we've reached the "why don't you go back to your own country?" level of debate.

Not unexpected.

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Not unexpected.

Malinga started it off with his tripe.

On 28/12/2020 at 15:45, Malinga the Swinga said:

Or people born and brought up in Scotland who can spot a bunch of chances a mile away. 

Wouldn't expect you to understand. 

image.png.f2a8b170d0f534c623d0cc9a89865ad9.png

Though last I checked, Ross was born in Scotland, and seems to have sussed out the chancers just fine, so maybe he's onto something. Correct me if I'm wrong though please mate, since it's well established that Yank cognition is inferior to brexit brit yoon rocket science. It's the Scottish water you see, it can only get to the important parts of your brain to supercharge them when you're a kid and still developing. I got here too late. 😩

Edited by Justin Z

manaliveits105

Not long now until the sheer might of Holyrood with a united Sturgone, Leonard Harvie et al falls heavily on Westminster and shows them who is boss 

manaliveits105

Michael Gove ripping the snp a new one - brilliant performance 

quoting Cherry going to court to jail Boris if he went for a No deal and saying that now that Sturgone and Blackford supporting a No deal should they go to jail ?? - yes please !

:gok:

So when the fishing transition period ends, a new agreement will need to be made and the EU have included electricity supply as part of the sanctions they can leverage if they don't like the UK's demands at that time.

Remind me again who's holding how many cards?

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

So when the fishing transition period ends, a new agreement will need to be made and the EU have included electricity supply as part of the sanctions they can leverage if they don't like the UK's demands at that time.

Que ?

23 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Que ?

We're linked to the European mainland by power lines and buy it when we need it, and sell excess when we have it.

49 minutes ago, Cade said:

We're linked to the European mainland by power lines and buy it when we need it, and sell excess when we have it.

18 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

This...

Ah ok - thanks for your detective work !!   😀

FWIW, I very much doubt the UK would actually start their negotiating position in 5 years time with EU=0 % anyway.     A lot can happen in 5 years though - more green energy, advances in power storage technology etc.   Climate change may well have altered sea currents and the migration/feeding habits of several fish species by then too.   So not worth getting worked up about for the time being, imo.       

husref musemic
11 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Woke to Blackford voice on radio banging on about this isn’t a good deal for Scotland - should we go for no deal then - no we should just stay in the single market - that’s not an option so should we not back the deal - No - 

snp are like toddlers stamping their feet and putting their fingers in their ears and screaming 

What an absolute embarrassment to Scotland that coco is  

The dictionary definition of 'windbag' should say Ian Blackford. 

6 hours ago, Cade said:

Don't worry about shortage of power.  Thanks to the SNP we have windmills everywhere which will surely be well capable of supplying all our power needs.  We are only a small country after all.

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Starmer never has a mare. He is a straight shooting lawyer pointing out out issues.

Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP and the Scottish Independence movement are having reality. 

It is clearly not happening for decades.

Spot on and you can tell by the krankies on here reverting to their usual aggressive reaction to non cultists and the digging up of non stories about brexit that they are coming to terms with the reality of the impotence of the snp and holyrood 

Ainsley Harriott
On 29/12/2020 at 19:18, pablo said:

The role of Holyrood is to manage the policy areas that Westminster has devolved to it. Westminster is the sovereign power. So yes I'm okay with it. It's just a shame we don't have a SG who understands this and wants devolution to work for us all.

Absolutely this. The way the current Scottish government behave you would think Scotland is an independent nation. They are obsessed with pointless votes like yesterdays. Perhaps they could set aside some time to debate our failing education or healthcare system. Things they are actually paid to manage.

10 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Don't worry about shortage of power.  Thanks to the SNP we have windmills everywhere which will surely be well capable of supplying all our power needs.  We are only a small country after all.

Scotland should also be looking into more Hydro.
Not only because we have tons of places where dams could be built for power generation (for sale) but also to store all that lovely fresh drinking water that falls from the sky (also for sale).
Fresh water is going to be a very valuable commodity in the coming years and decades.

19 hours ago, Cade said:

Starmer's having a mare

That's because his party are more divided over Europe than the tories.

Always have been and always will be.

manaliveits105

Great performance by the future Baroness Davidson yesterday got the fish rattled with quoting her past quotes on we must avoid no deal at all costs and ends with you couldn't take a blowtorch to Nicola Sturgeons neck ! - brilliant 

Leonard is just a joke.

anyway TIME TO MOVE ON 

Back in non-delusional land, the speech of the day was in fact given by Mike Russell, and he took no prisoners.

With all the characteristics of an angry headmaster chiding unruly pupils, he told them repeatedly that they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, and of course they knew it, shifting nervously, fidgeting, staring at their shoes, staring at their desk, looking anywhere but at the cabinet secretary.

For all those who have been left feeling angry at how people in Scotland have been mistreated and ignored by the UK government and ultimately let down with more broken promises, this speech would no doubt have given them some satisfaction, as it struck out at the architects of their frustration.

. . .

Of course those who have brought us to this unfortunate juncture will likely remain as blind to this as they have been all along. And it's this willful ignorance coupled with an almost sneering dismissal of anyone who disagrees with them which will see the current direction of political travel continue.

See it for yourself here:

jack D and coke

Where can I read this brexit deal in full btw? Some of my mates that post on FB about this shite seem to think it’s a great deal. Curious as to where they’ve read up on all the ins, outs and finer details? 
I see those silly sausages the Scottish fishermen etc are saying it’s a very bad deal for them. Tories shat on them again eh. 
What a crying shame that is. 

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Scotland should also be looking into more Hydro.
Not only because we have tons of places where dams could be built for power generation (for sale) but also to store all that lovely fresh drinking water that falls from the sky (also for sale).
Fresh water is going to be a very valuable commodity in the coming years and decades.

Watched "The Big Short" recently. There was a guy who saw the complete collapse of the finance industry a good few years before it happened. Made his fund billions by essentially betting on the collapse, despite everyone saying he was mental and there was no way his prediction would be true. 

That same guy now focuses all in his investments on water. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Back in non-delusional land, the speech of the day was in fact given by Mike Russell, and he took no prisoners.

With all the characteristics of an angry headmaster chiding unruly pupils, he told them repeatedly that they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, and of course they knew it, shifting nervously, fidgeting, staring at their shoes, staring at their desk, looking anywhere but at the cabinet secretary.

For all those who have been left feeling angry at how people in Scotland have been mistreated and ignored by the UK government and ultimately let down with more broken promises, this speech would no doubt have given them some satisfaction, as it struck out at the architects of their frustration.

. . .

Of course those who have brought us to this unfortunate juncture will likely remain as blind to this as they have been all along. And it's this willful ignorance coupled with an almost sneering dismissal of anyone who disagrees with them which will see the current direction of political travel continue.

See it for yourself here:

He isn't SNP by any chance?

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Where can I read this brexit deal in full btw? Some of my mates that post on FB about this shite seem to think it’s a great deal. Curious as to where they’ve read up on all the ins, outs and finer details? 
I see those silly sausages the Scottish fishermen etc are saying it’s a very bad deal for them. Tories shat on them again eh. 
What a crying shame that is. 

You get some analysis like this

Or this

20201231_141935.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

Seymour M Hersh
19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or this

I read that none of the major mobile operators were considering removing the free roaming charges from UK phones. 

The Mighty Thor
48 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

He isn't SNP by any chance?

He's 100% correct in everything he said in that speech, that's what he is. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I read that none of the major mobile operators were considering removing the free roaming charges from UK phones. 

'The biggest operators have said they do not plan to reintroduce roaming charges but it may not be as simple as that in the coming years'

From BBC reality check. 

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

'The biggest operators have said they do not plan to reintroduce roaming charges but it may not be as simple as that in the coming years'

From BBC reality check. 

:rofl:

Seymour M Hersh
12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That the Mike Russel who recently said any deal would be better than no deal? SO what do they vote for at Westminster? No deal. :lol:

Francis Albert
34 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Of course he is. 

My question was sort of genuine as (Nicola pray forgive me) I had never heard of him. I googled and so know now.

For SNP supporters he is doubtless right in everything he says. SNP spokesmen always are.

manaliveits105

Well has Joanna Cherry demanded Sturgeon be jailed yet for trying to get a NO DEAL through or was that just if the Prime Minister advocated a no deal she went to court for ? -  you really couldn't make the Scottish No Policy roasters up 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or this

Don’t think low income families will be affected by holidays in Europe becoming more problematic.  

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That the Mike Russel who recently said any deal would be better than no deal? SO what do they vote for at Westminster? No deal. :lol:

I saw a bit of his speech yesterday about being a proud European.

What a load of fecking shit :lol:

He's a cantankerous old sod 

WorldChampions1902
4 hours ago, Cade said:

Boris' dad applies for French citizenship

:seething:

The old fart said quote, “to have a link like that with the EU is important”.

He is of course correct.

It’s just a shame that the Quitters have cost the rest of us plebs the same level of freedom of movement. Never mind. We can all look forward to taking delivery of our Unicorns in the coming days.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or this

Goodbye to easy to arrange travel arrangements in Europe? I travelled to Rome and Paris and Amsterdam when a student just  before we joined the EU. Apart from showing a passport when crossing some borders (part of the adventure for me) there were no constraints or restrictions whatsoever. A few decades before that even a passport wasn't required. The EU did not event ease of travel. It just restricted it a bit to the club.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Goodbye to easy to arrange travel arrangements in Europe? I travelled to Rome and Paris and Amsterdam when a student just  before we joined the EU. Apart from showing a passport when crossing some borders (part of the adventure for me) there were no constraints or restrictions whatsoever. A few decades before that even a passport wasn't required. The EU did not invent ease of travel. It just restricted it a bit to the club.

And of course free roaming comtinues for all major providers. And the longest queue I have endured at borders in the last few years was not in America or India or Singapore or Argentina or anywhere else but at Bordeaux.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

But you

couldn’t work

needed health insurance 

Your qualifications were no recognised

None of those was true. Health insurance was sensible but that was true before Brexit.

Ainsley Harriott
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or this

Most of that from Councillor Victoria is complete lies. We are retaining the European health card thingy, can visit any EU country for up to 90 days without the need for a Visa and how does she know the queues are long we haven't even left yet daft wee bitch.