Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I liked Michelle Thomson. Found guilty of nowt. Are we not capitalists? 

That may be the case but the SNP binned her and we were left with no MP to do constituency work in effect.  Lib Dems put much more effort into the local politics with regular newsletters through the door, and Christine Jardine helped me resolve a financial dispute.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

That may be the case but the SNP binned her and we were left with no MP to do constituency work in effect.  Lib Dems put much more effort into the local politics with regular newsletters through the door, and Christine Jardine helped me resolve a financial dispute.

She'll be re-elected in about a month.

Just now, frankblack said:

Pretty safe Lib Dem seat mate. :verysmug:

:rofl:

1 minute ago, Gorgiewave said:

I've no idea what that means, sorry.

Just wondering why. Might just be my phone. Nothing sinister, just asking. 👍  

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I can see it on my computer as well but I've no idea what's caused it.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It's the same for me.

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Fair enough fb. Good to know an MP doing their job although Jardine comes across as sneaky wee snake. Hope Michelle gets back into politics though.

Fed up with their leaflets and empty rhetoric, they think we're as dumb as them! They certainly have some loathsome characters. With Labour and Tories you sort of know what you'll get but that lot? Swinson is a poor leader and don't know where to start with her. 

48 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Customs Union is tied to freedom of movement and effectively no Brexit.

How is it no Brexit?

Britain leaves the EU, make all it's own laws and can maintain it's full economic relationships. 

3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Fair enough fb. Good to know an MP doing their job although Jardine comes across as sneaky wee snake. Hope Michelle gets back into politics though.

Fed up with their leaflets and empty rhetoric, they think we're as dumb as them! They certainly have some loathsome characters. With Labour and Tories you sort of know what you'll get but that lot? Swinson is a poor leader and don't know where to start with her. 

Cheers.  I had a lot of sympathy for Michelle and felt her party let her down to avoid being associated if charges did get pressed.

Can't stand Swinson TBH but they will soak up a lot of Labour voters.

Two dozen balding white gentlemen are standing outside a Wetherspoons in central London, singing about Boris, Trump and Tommy Robinson, throwing seig heils and having a wonderful time.

About three times their number of police officers have them kettled.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

How is it no Brexit?

Britain leaves the EU, make all it's own laws and can maintain it's full economic relationships. 

Its quite simple - they can't control immigration, which is one of the primary factors in Brexit so is a red line.

Just now, Cade said:

Two dozen balding white gentlemen are standing outside a Wetherspoons in central London, singing about Boris, Trump and Tommy Robinson, throwing seig heils and having a wonderful time.

It seems that all the loonies from all sides are out in force intimidating the MPs they don't like according to BBC news.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It seems that all the loonies from all sides are out in force intimidating the MPs they don't like according to BBC news.

I seen those halfwits hounding Leadsome. They should be buckled for that sort of behaviour.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Cheers.  I had a lot of sympathy for Michelle and felt her party let her down to avoid being associated if charges did get pressed.

Can't stand Swinson TBH but they will soak up a lot of Labour voters.

I think you're correct about Michelle as the SNP get a bad enough press as it is so she was sacrificed, IMO. Labour vote probably split between the 2 main protagonists. Edinburgh West has always had Lib tinge since I've been here. Best mate voted for them in the past but SNP now. 

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

PHM.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Polis have now moved on them and confiscated all their booze.

I'd have hoped that the seig heils would be enough for a collaring and perhaps a wee fall down the stairs at the station.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Footballfirst

If Boris attempts to resubmit the withdrawal bill on Monday or Tuesday, then Letwin will be free to submit an amendment similar to today's.

Based on the vote for the Letwin amemdment and as much as I don't like it, I think Boris has the numbers he needs to get the main bill over the line.

I think he is playing silly buggers just now and would be as well sending the letter, then getting the deal voted through after the pre-requisite legislation is passed in two / three / four weeks time.

Edited by Footballfirst

People backed Letwin because they want to make sure that if they vote for The Deal, it actually sticks and the ERG maniacs and Boris can't then drop it and force No-Deal.

37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If Boris attempts to resubmit the withdrawal bill on Monday or Tuesday, then Letwin will be free to submit an amendment similar to today's.

Based on the vote for the Letwin amemdment and as much as I don't like it, I think Boris has the numbers he needs to get the main bill over the line.

I think he is playing silly buggers just now and would be as well sending the letter, then getting the deal voted through after the pre-requisite legislation is passed in two / three / four weeks time.

Said on TV that 7 MP's who voted for the Letwin amendment have stated that they will vote for Boris' deal, the Letwin vote won by 16, so if 7 switch then that's only 2 more votes Johnson needs for his deal to pass, looks like it's gonna be close, very close.

I have no doubts that an extension letter will be sent to the EU tonight, whether by Johnson himself or by someone else in the government, folks getting all worked up (not you) over what Johnson said in the commons, remember it's politicians we're dealing with and it's all a play on words.

Boris Johnson can apply for an extension, he just doesn't need to negotiate how long the extension is for, thereby abiding by the law and also sticking to what he said in the commons.

8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Said on TV that 7 MP's who voted for the Letwin amendment have stated that they will vote for Boris' deal, the Letwin vote won by 16, so if 7 switch then that's only 2 more votes Johnson needs for his deal to pass, looks like it's gonna be close, very close.

I have no doubts that an extension letter will be sent to the EU tonight, whether by Johnson himself or by someone else in the government, folks getting all worked up (not you) over what Johnson said in the commons, remember it's politicians we're dealing with and it's all a play on words.

Boris Johnson can apply for an extension, he just doesn't need to negotiate how long the extension is for, thereby abiding by the law and also sticking to what he said in the commons.

The Benn Act already states the extension date to be requested as 31 January 2020

2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

The Benn Act already states the extension date to be requested as 31 January 2020

Then all Johnson needs to do is say that he's applying for an extension under the terms of the Benn Act, which means he still doesn't need to negotiate anything as the date is already there.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Then all Johnson needs to do is say that he's applying for an extension under the terms of the Benn Act, which means he still doesn't need to negotiate anything as the date is already there.

Johnson is not to be trusted hence the pre-prepared letter just need a signature from the man described as slippery as a "greased pig" by both David Cameron AND Jennifer Arcuri 😁

6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Sturgeon will cry hard about no deal when she is the reason it happened. Go figure that. 

Must be fun trying to come up with new ways to get a reaction from people. 

7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Sturgeon will cry hard about no deal when she is the reason it happened. Go figure that. 

😂😂 Wtf?!?

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

:cornette_dog:

5 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Johnson is not to be trusted hence the pre-prepared letter just need a signature from the man described as slippery as a "greased pig" by both David Cameron AND Jennifer Arcuri 😁

He's a politician, therefore by definition he can't be trusted, in saying that, there are some politicians who tell smallish fibs, and then there are others who tell bigger porkies, then you have the premier league, who, are on an altogether different level, needless to say Mr. Johnson is in the top division.

23 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Rumours that dup will vote in favour of another referendum 

DUP have gone full circle now - the deal could potentially limit their ability to control the future of Northern Ireland so when cornered come out guns a blazing against the people forcing their hand. They're ready to knife Boris in order to remain relevant.

37 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Jesus, it's just random spoutings from you. You seem to hate everyone and everything. As Trump would say: So Sad!

22 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

He's a politician, therefore by definition he can't be trusted, in saying that, there are some politicians who tell smallish fibs, and then there are others who tell bigger porkies, then you have the premier league, who, are on an altogether different level, needless to say Mr. Johnson is in the top division.

His propensity for telling fibs long predates his time as a politician. He did it when he was a journo to generate headlines. Serial philanderer too. He's inherently untrustworthy.

If the DUP is saying that then it's an empty or desperate threat to try to force no deal.    

A party that has acted like the DUP would normally face total obliteration in a democracy.    But they exist in a place where people vote along sectarian lines.    They might know that the DUP don't represent their interests but they don't care.    Voting for the DUP is set in stone to counter the other community voting for their party.      Rancid little cesspit that it is.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Its quite simple - they can't control immigration, which is one of the primary factors in Brexit so is a red line.

Britain could already control its immigration in the EU and certainly could in the outline agreement that would be agreed between EU and a Labour Government. 

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

But it's still Brecit

Your approach risks Brexit not happening 

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Probably just politics.

Making a division between delivering Brexit (him) and stopping it (everyone else).

10 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

His propensity for telling fibs long predates his time as a politician. He did it when he was a journo to generate headlines. Serial philanderer too. He's inherently untrustworthy.

Then by being a politician he has truely found his calling.

Bercow has warned Moggy that he is unlikely to allow Boris to bring his deal back on monday as it is only being brought back in order to disrupt and stymie what Parliament voted for today.

As I said earlier, he's also said that HE will send the extension letter on monday, if instructed to by the Scottish court or if MPs in the commons ask him to.

42 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

it's worn like a badge of honour.

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Then by being a politician he has truely found his calling.

:D

Donald Tusk now saying he's waiting for a letter requesting an extension. All brinkmanship...

Can someone tell me if it’s true that certain Tories and others in power will benefit financially if there is an EU Exit on or before 31st January 2020 due to new EU tax laws being brought in with regards to off-shore investments/accounts? 

EU remains a single bloc singing from the same hymn sheet.

The UK is fractured into shards.

Tories and Labour are not only fighting among themselves but their factions are also fighting within each other.

We're weak.

6 minutes ago, Cade said:

Bercow has warned Moggy that he is unlikely to allow Boris to bring his deal back on monday as it is only being brought back in order to disrupt and stymie what Parliament voted for today.

As I said earlier, he's also said that HE will send the extension letter on monday, if instructed to by the Scottish court or if MPs in the commons ask him to.

Does the Speaker have the authority to send a letter on behalf of the government?  Just curious if it would actually be legal.

2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Can someone tell me if it’s true that certain Tories and others in power will benefit financially if there is an EU Exit on or before 31st January 2020 due to new EU tax laws being brought in with regards to off-shore investments/accounts? 

True.

Also true that many tory donors have sunk hundreds of millions into bets shorting the pound.

Actually betting against britain.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )