• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brexit is like a bus travelling down the motorway, at night, no headlights and on the wrong side of the road.

Half the passengers on the bus screaming for the bus to stop.

The other half demanding for it to go faster,  Shouting at the Scared passengers "You are just scaremongering"

Unsurprising that every single Tory MP in Scotland obeyed their English overlords in regard to the Letwin amendment. They’re finished in Scotland. 

53 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Unsigned letter requesting extension followed by letter stating please don’t grant extension

well played PM 

Still keeping this account running after your jambosrbarry account was banned quite some time ago?

54 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hope you had a nice sleep in your Union Jack bed spread Frank... Swings 🤣

giphy.gif

You are just showing yourself up as a hard of thinking nationalist xenophobe mate with labelling anyone anti independence as Orange, FTP, Union Jack, etc.

12 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

for years, people have said The SNP (and other nationalists) will clean up.

Yet, Scotland is not really any closer to becoming independent. And if, the Tories clean up at a General Election, there just will not be another referendum.

I think the SNP know this which is why they have spent most of the past month litigating against Westminster to prevent the democratic will of the people of the UK.

Its do or die for them as failure to get an Indy Ref next year will see the end of Sturgeon and leave no clear successor with any kind of public profile.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

I see it as both main parties acknowledging the result of the European referendum. 

They did in their manifestos, but given that both parties failed to "win" the election, their manifestos clearly didn't sufficiently chime with the electorate, which is the point I was making.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I think you are meaning that only a majority view ought to be in power? 

I don't really get where you are coming from.

Did Theresa May improve the standing of the Tories as a result of the  2017 election?

The people decided not to vote for her policies in sufficient numbers to maintain or increase her majority in parliament as she had expected. Indeed the Tories lost their majority as a result.  I believe that was a rejection of her policies and manifesto at that time, including her stance on Brexit. 

The fact that she bribed the DUP to go into bed with the Tories only served to put her party on a course for a harder brexit than might have ensued had she not sought an opportunist gain by calling an election, based on poll projections.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, gjcc said:

“We don’t want an extension” :

we, Compromising of an unelected prime minister and my hand picked cronies, wish to circumvent the Legislation of our elected house.  

Not that again.  Churchill was like numerous others not the leader of his party in the election preceding him becoming PM. It doesn't affect his position as PM one jot. I would have thought those accusing Johnson of running roughshod over the British constitution would know that.

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Cade said:

EU will simply say "thanks for the letter, here's your extension"

Boris is a laughing stock.

Or they might just say no we have had enough extensions and have now negotiated two deals with the UK and don't fancy negotiating yet another one with no confidence that will conclude things. Over to you UK - Government and Parliament and Supreme Court and Court of Session and all.

The May deal and the Johnson deals are also EU deals..

Edited by Francis Albert

38 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not that again.  Churchill was like numerous others not the leader of his party in the election preceding him becoming PM. It doesn't affect his position as PM one jot. I would have thought those accusing Johnson of running roughshod over the British constitution would know that.

Churchill had the overwhelming support of the British public, it was the political elite who weren’t keen. Wee bit different to Bowis not even being able to keep faith of the party members who “elected him” never mind the public.

Granted being unelected doesn’t affect his position as PM, but not even being able to command a simple majority does. 

Francis Albert
22 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Churchill had the overwhelming support of the British public, it was the political elite who weren’t keen. Wee bit different to Bowis not even being able to keep faith of the party members who “elected him” never mind the public.

Granted being unelected doesn’t affect his position as PM, but not even being able to command a simple majority does. 

Being an "unelected" PM as all PMs are in a parliamentary system  is not the point. Glad we agree.

PS that Churchill initially had the overwhelming support of the British public is at least debatable.  He subsequently earned it.

Oh god just realised we are discussing Boris and Churchill in the same breath.  I really didn't mean to go.there. It was just the old "unelected" term I objected to.

Edited by Francis Albert

14 hours ago, frankblack said:

Looks like Labour and the SNP just voted for a No Deal Brexit. 

George Carlin (paraphrased): "Think about a person with average intelligence and how incredibly stupid they are. Then think about how 50% of people are even more stupid than that".

9 hours ago, JackLadd said:

The cult of Sturgeon doesn't apply to me. I see through her charade. 

The cult of Boris applies to you instead. Because you're a big fan of philandering pieces of shit who've lost count of how many kids they've got, break the law and lie every single day about everything. "Wish I could do that", you think to yourself. "This is how all men should be".

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Anyone thinking this will be to the detriment to the snp is bonkers. Like or loathe them they will get very close to a full house next election. 

The tories were the second biggest party and they will get smacked all over the place because of the their antics, us EU loving Scots Value the eu more than UK Union according to polls 

I’m not even a fan of the snp but they will destroy every other party. As someone said today the tories walking out on the snp will be used a lot in media,  The democratic deficit, flag waving and the nonsense that tories have indulged will ensure that. 

To think otherwise is ignoring the reality of the situation. Its the perfect storm for the snp tbh. 

Like or loathe they will piss the next election.

Spot on. I don't even think Labour should stand against them in any Scottish constituency.

6 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

for years, people have said The SNP (and other nationalists) will clean up.

Yet, Scotland is not really any closer to becoming independent. And if, the Tories clean up at a General Election, there just will not be another referendum.

And for years the SNP have cleaned up so not sure what your point is

8 hours ago, EarnockJambo said:

I take it punctuation isn't one of your strong points?

I've read his posts and would respectfully disagree with you on that.

Captain Sausage
11 hours ago, Cade said:

True.

Also true that many tory donors have sunk hundreds of millions into bets shorting the pound.

Actually betting against britain.

I’d love this to be true. Have you got any reputable sources for either claim?

By source, I don’t mean verbal claims made by politicians (or relatives of politicians) unless backed by actual evidence. 

BREAKING: Three-and-a-half years, two extensions, seven defections, 21 deselections, three prime ministers, countless amendments, two prorogations, one Supreme Court judgement, 66 million Brits losing the will to live and we’re still at square one.

3 minutes ago, jumpship said:

BREAKING: Three-and-a-half years, two extensions, seven defections, 21 deselections, three prime ministers, countless amendments, two prorogations, one Supreme Court judgement, 66 million Brits losing the will to live and we’re still at square one.

Not quite.

Its looking like the deal will pass through legislation.

But again like at many times in last year it could be the Government that stops Brexit happening.

If a Referendum and / or a Custons Union is agreed for example in amendments to the legislation. 

JRM was recently asked on TV about his possible involvement in shorting the pound.     He carefully referenced his answer of "no" in the context of his company name.   Twice.    

Make your own mind up regarding the necessity to use the clever language.    I think he does have a stake in it in some form.   

Montgomery Brewster
8 hours ago, gjcc said:

Unsurprising that every single Tory MP in Scotland obeyed their English overlords in regard to the Letwin amendment. They’re finished in Scotland. 

Sadly the brain washed masses , aka the daily mail and express readers never get the full story on what the tories are always up to.  

the old adage - 2 rules in life - 

1) never trust a tory

2) see point 1

for a bit of balance for anyone even contemplating voting for such a vile institution :-

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/gv3ngq/everything-but-brexit-all-the-terrible-stuff-the-government-has-done-since-the-eu-referendum

8 hours ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif

You are just showing yourself up as a hard of thinking nationalist xenophobe mate with labelling anyone anti independence as Orange, FTP, Union Jack, etc.

Xenophobe :clyay:
You do make me laugh Frank. Ive not labelled anyone, ive only asked a question & youve went all arsey :lol:.

Truth hurts. 

2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Ian Blackford embarrassed Scotland with his awful speech. Whinging about "getting shafted".

Embarrassed to who?

Our Westminster elite masters? 

3dtehg.jpg

22 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Ian Blackford embarrassed Scotland with his awful speech. Whinging about "getting shafted".

Your post is embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You probably voted Brexit so you could 'stick it to the political elite'. Now you complain about someone using everyday language in an interview.

annushorribilis III
Just now, Sooperstar said:

You probably voted Brexit so you could 'stick it to the political elite'. Now you complain about someone using everyday language in an interview.

That made me chuckle.Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Xenophobe :clyay:
You do make me laugh Frank. Ive not labelled anyone, ive only asked a question & youve went all arsey :lol:.

Truth hurts. 

Yet posts a picture of the Scottish character 'fat *******'. I must've missed something.

dobmisterdobster

The only path to an Indyref 2 is if the SNP form a government with Mr Corbyn.

Boris has literally nothing to gain from allowing one. He would be risking the Union when he doesn't need to.

38 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The only path to an Indyref 2 is if the SNP form a government with Mr Corbyn.

Boris has literally nothing to gain from allowing one. He would be risking the Union when he doesn't need to.

Does democracy only count outside Scotland?

Not a shred of self awareness to be found.

Correct.

I'm tempted to ignore him and his hard of thinking chum from East Lothian as its unfair entering a battle of wits with unarmed men.

Yesterday they were labelling anyone anti SNP as Orange, FTP, etc.  They wonder why Scotland will never vote for Indy when cultists like them put off the ordinary voters.

27 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Correct.

I'm tempted to ignore him and his hard of thinking chum from East Lothian as its unfair entering a battle of wits with unarmed men.

Yesterday they were labelling anyone anti SNP as Orange, FTP, etc.  They wonder why Scotland will never vote for Indy when cultists like them put off the ordinary voters.

:rofl: Coming Fae a proven liar. They? I think you may have to retract that. But hey, you do like a wee lie or ten.

Edited by ri Alban

Not a shred of self awareness to be found.

So I see, that's why I replied to your post.

Edited by ri Alban

So it seems at the Court of Session tomorrow which was deferred judgement on whether Government had complied with the 'Benn Act', it will be argued that Boris Johnson is in contempt of court for not signing the extension letter.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

So it seems at the Court of Session tomorrow which was deferred judgement on whether Government had complied with the 'Benn Act', it will be argued that Boris Johnson is in contempt of court for not signing the extension letter.

Partly, but also for attempting to undermine the court's instructions by sending a contradictory letter as well.

I can't see them being happy with such blatant hostility to their ruling, the judges speak for the queen and they take that stuff pretty seriously.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Partly, but also for attempting to undermine the court's instructions by sending a contradictory letter as well.

I can't see them being happy with such blatant hostility to their ruling, the judges speak for the queen and they take that stuff pretty seriously.

While it was petty, the letter got sent so the court order was met as a direct scan/copy was sent as instructed.  Did the court order specify that no other letters should be included with it?

If he found a loophole then that is a fault of the remoaners failing to make the order watertight.

Just now, frankblack said:

While it was petty, the letter got sent so the court order was met as a direct scan/copy was sent as instructed.  Did the court order specify that no other letters should be included with it?

If he found a loophole then that is a fault of the remoaners failing to make the order watertight.

Just an opinion, we'll see, neither of us can tell the future or truly know how a judge sees things. 

FYI the judge made the order, not some remoaners.

Francis Albert
38 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Just an opinion, we'll see, neither of us can tell the future or truly know how a judge sees things. 

FYI the judge made the order, not some remoaners.

I don't think he did it entirely unprompted!

I think both the SNP and Labour will in time regret the promotion of the judiciary to such an influential role in the politics and the governance of the country. 

Edited by Francis Albert

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't think he did it entirely unprompted!

I think both the SNP and Labour will in time regret the promotion of the judiciary to such an influential role in the governance of the country. 

No, of course, but rulings tend not to be "and you'll put it on decent paper, and send it first class, and not send another letter saying you don't mean it, and not rip the pish in any way." That doesn't mean they're into having the pish ripped. 

In this instance it's most regrettable that they had to turn to the judiciary. Legal boundaries are being tested, this is what should be happening. 

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No, of course, but rulings tend not to be "and you'll put it on decent paper, and send it first class, and not send another letter saying you don't mean it, and not rip the pish in any way." That doesn't mean they're into having the pish ripped. 

In this instance it's most regrettable that they had to turn to the judiciary. Legal boundaries are being tested, this is what should be happening. 

The equivalents of Gina Miller and Maughm will oppose independence and in particular Corbynist Labour policy with even larger resources. The Courts will now continue to be involved in politics to an unprecedented extent

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

And of course not only in this instance but ever since the leave vote the losers have been turning to (or running to) the judiciary.

Francis Albert
21 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

George Carlin (paraphrased): "Think about a person with average intelligence and how incredibly stupid they are. Then think about how 50% of people are even more stupid than that".

Then think about what people who think that, think they are.

As opposed to what they are.

Edited by Francis Albert

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Then think about what people who think that think they are.

Then think about people who don't even believe in the rule of law in a democracy. Who believe that the rule of law is for losers. And describe those who refer to such a democracy, featuring many such people from its Prime Minister downwards, as a 'Banana Republic', as guilty of 'hyperbole'. :rofl: 

Edited by shaun.lawson

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )