Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The most important people in parliament right now are the cross-house axis of sentinels.    Grieve, Letwin, Benn, Cooper.     If parliament is not dissolved for an election,    this group of people are vital to the prevention of an under-the-table no deal.

I agree completely with this

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Smithee laying the wood

:pleasing:

Sick of it mate, no deal is a toddler's tantrum in a supermarket, they want what they want and they want it now. There's no thought about the consequences, in fact all the facts about the consequences are ignored because they want what they want now. They can be as unreasonable as they like but dare to point it out and the yoghurt goes flying out the trolley. 

I have zero respect for the no deal crowd, they haven't earned it.

BBC's Norman Smith sayng that Johnson is toning it down a bit to get some Labour MPs over the line

Within 10 minutes he basically tells the DUP and Sammy Wilson (I think) to F right off.

Edited by DETTY29

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

#10 source says if Letwin's amendment wins, the Government will pull the vote on the Deal until tuesday.

:rofl:

Why?

The odds for the vote going through in favour of the WA are see-sawing between yes and no as favourites. No currently the slight favourite as the outcome.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

:cornette: 

Good grief.  You need to seek help urgently.

You part of the FTP club then Frank?

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

You part of the FTP club then Frank?

You have lost the plot.  Clearly the imminent crushing of Indy Ref 2 is getting to you.

:conspiracy:

23 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Why?

So they can spend the weekend and monday asking the EU to refuse the extension.

Then come back to the House with "May's Deal Mk2 or no deal" on tuesday.

Just now, frankblack said:

You have lost the plot.  Clearly the imminent crushing of Indy Ref 2 is getting to you.

:conspiracy:

Aye good morning Frank. Youre in a gang of 1 if you think Indyref2 is being halted. 

& BTW, did you just “play the man”???

"If the Letwin amendment fails and the Deal passes but legislation for it is not complete by 31st Oct, would that result in No Deal?"

No answer.

Plan exposed.

Letwin must pass to avoid the government delaying it's own bill to force No Deal.

Edited by Cade

The Mighty Thor

Keir Starmer has laid this shit deal bare to the bones. 

Its almost like a leaders speech.

This is what our press should be doing, not dollies like Kuenssberg softballing interviews with her mate Boris. 

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

If David Miliband doesn't fancy it then this is the guy I'd like to see in the top job.

42 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye good morning Frank. Youre in a gang of 1 if you think Indyref2 is being halted. 

Any kind of Brexit deal buries your Indy Ref 2 campaign. 👍

42 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

& BTW, did you just “play the man”???

I think you will find you did with the FTP tag you attepted to label me with.

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

This is what our press should be doing, not dollies like Kuenssberg softballing interviews with her mate Boris. 

Starmer would be a superb replacement for Corbyn.  Calm, consistent and knowledgeable.  One of very few politicians I believe in.

Kuenssberg (sp) looks like an impressionable wee lassie on work experience.  She’s hopeless. 

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

If David Miliband doesn't fancy it then this is the guy I'd like to see in the top job.

Sadly there's no chance of either. 

The rockets in momentum and the dinosaurs of the unions will make sure that never happens, regardless of how heavy a beating Labour takes in the forthcoming election. 

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Any kind of Brexit deal buries your Indy Ref 2 campaign. 👍

I think you will find you did with the FTP tag you attepted to label me with.

So the pissed off will just forget why their pissed off if Boris’s deal is passed?

Explain why?

you played the man when you commented on my original post (which had nowt to do with you) and you said I needed to get urgent help. 

You the kind of Remain voting Orangeman that can dish it out but cant take it? 👍

One for the legally minded on here.  If the Letwin amendment passes (don’t think it will tbh), does this mean any delay in the meaningful vote would trigger the Benn Act and the extension letter would need to go to the EU tonight?

7 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

One for the legally minded on here.  If the Letwin amendment passes (don’t think it will tbh), does this mean any delay in the meaningful vote would trigger the Benn Act and the extension letter would need to go to the EU tonight?

BBC said earlier that he would need to write the letter before 11pm tonight if your scenario were to happen. 

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So the pissed off will just forget why their pissed off if Boris’s deal is passed?

Explain why?

you played the man when you commented on my original post (which had nowt to do with you) and you said I needed to get urgent help. 

You the kind of Remain voting Orangeman that can dish it out but cant take it? 👍

Let me get this right. ... In your wee world, everyone who wants to remain part of the UK is an Orangeman?? 🤔🤣

🙈🙈🙈

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Explain why?

Your original post was the irrational rantings of someone who is crying out for help.  Time to put away your propoganda and read balanced journalism.

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

There you go playing the man again.

Looks like you have started early on the cooking sherry.

5 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Let me get this right. ... In your wee world, everyone who wants to remain part of the UK is an Orangeman?? 🤔🤣

🙈🙈🙈

No, Just Traitors.

8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

BBC said earlier that he would need to write the letter before 11pm tonight if your scenario were to happen. 

That was what I thought. 

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Your original post was the irrational rantings of someone who is crying out for help.  Time to put away your propoganda and read balanced journalism.

There you go playing the man again.

Looks like you have started early on the cooking sherry.

You still played the man Frank. Youre the first on here to call it out unyet the one who does it most. Hypocrite, same as yer darling tory party. 

i dont read the Daily Mail unlike some on here. 

19 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

You still played the man Frank. Youre the first on here to call it out unyet the one who does it most. Hypocrite, same as yer darling tory party. 

i dont read the Daily Mail unlike some on here. 

That is about 3 swings and misses in one post.

Time for you to quit slavering while you're behind and go to bed. 👍

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

He's a good communicator, generally. Another, one, not speaking today, is Lisa Nandy. Always impressive on QT.

Unlike Corbyn, who's technique is to whisper replies when interviewed as if he has no one to convince. Utterly shambolic.

Keunnsberg's interview with Johnson, the one before last, was just pitiful. Sitting nodding at the most cynical responses.Where was her usual sneering tone we hear in her 'impartial' analysis/summaries?

Fools nobody.

Edited by Riccarton3

Francis Albert
9 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

On the basis that the post-2020 protection of no crash out HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE DEAL AND NOW ALL THE NO DEAL BREXITEERS ARE VOTING FOR THE DEAL, it's not a 'conspiracy theory'. Which means that if the deal passes - and it's looking awfully like it will - Britain faces the following:

1. A general election in which Johnson will likely cruise home

2. No Deal at the end of 2020

3. Utter catastrophe, which will make austerity look like a Christmas party.

But never mind. If/when utter catastrophe comes to pass, you, Jake and others can proudly proclaim that World War Three didn't break out and only a few hundred thousand people died. And that most importantly, the will of the people (a people who obviously voted for utter catastrophe and many deaths) will have been respected.

I honestly don't know what planet you're on at times. I really don't.

And I wonder what country you are in. It certainly isn't the  UK (or is it just the England) that I live in. With your idea of an extremely Isamlophobic racist backward economically distressed banana republic you portray. Yes of course the UK has problems but many European countries have far worse ones.

For example that a country that is supposedly  riven with rampant islamophobia has elected more (and sooner) Islamic politicians including some to high office  then the USA and virtually every European country seems a wee bit strange.  And it is not the UK that makes the hijab illegal. And it is the UK that has a policy of multiculturalism and diversity rather than as some of our neighbours assimilation.

Edited by Francis Albert

The Mighty Thor
20 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Keunnsberg's interview with Johnson, the one before last, was just pitiful. Sitting nodding at the most cynical responses.Where was her usual sneering tone we hear in her 'impartial' analysis/summaries?

Fools nobody.

This. 

The BBC is an appalling news organisation nowadays. Shit broadcast news even worse website. 

As someone put on twitter earlier, she's Pravda for the conservative party and Johnson in particular.

Seymour M Hersh
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And I wonder what country you are in. It certainly isn't the  UK (or it just the England) that I live in. Your idea of an extremely Isamlophobic racist backward economically distressed banana repu pic you portray. Yes of course the UK has problems but many European countries have far worse ones.

For example that a country that is supposedly  riven with rampant islamophobia has elected more (and sooner) Islamic politicians including some to high office  then the USA and virtually every European country seems a wee bit strange.  And it is not the UK that makes the hijab illegal. And it is the UK that has a policy of multiculturalism and diversity rather than as some of our neighbours assimilation.

Don't know why you bother with him FA.

Thought Brexit was easy according to morons Gove, Johnson, Farage, Fox. Thought we had trade deals all set up. What's going on? Get on with it. Everyone respects the UK and can't wait to trade! Whatever it's going to be it will be packaged as lovely stuff by the state, BBC, MSM and other stooges. 

Gove is the second govt minister to refuse to answer if voting for the deal means no-deal is dead.

Boris is obviously planning to win his deal vote then take so long with it in parliament that we run out of time to enact it, defaulting to a no-deal situation.

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If No Deal happens the Tories will be destroyed at Election if it goes badly. 

We won't really see the impact of No Deal for a few years down the line.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

We won't really see the impact of No Deal for a few years down the line.

Which is also why Boris is ganting on an election ASAP before the huge mistake becomes evident.

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Gove is the second govt minister to refuse to answer if voting for the deal means no-deal is dead.

Boris is obviously planning to win his deal vote then take so long with it in parliament that we run out of time to enact it, defaulting to a no-deal situation.

Thats my take on it as well.  

I was always expecting a Tory no- deal, to avoid, the Brexit party fielding candidates against Tory brexiteers and only against Remain Tory and Labour sitting MPs. 

would not be surprised if the right wing ERG and Brexit party have an understanding, which would then suit the DUP.  (No deal)

dobmisterdobster
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Kier Starmer unknowingly trashed his own Brexit proposals when a Tory MP read them back to him in cross-party talks.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Just now, Lord BJ said:

So Bojo must ask for e extension. However, he saying he not compelled to ask for extension.

WTAF?

Not compelled to negotiate one. So he asks and then that's it I assume.

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I have no idea but nothing would surprise me, I think he has a plan to avoid this or get round it in some way. How I have no idea.

Dear EU,

please give us an extension.

yours Boris. 

There Ive asked for an extension. Job done..

He’s complied with the Benn Act which if my understanding of it is correct he leaves it there. No negotiation for length of time or reason other than he’s asked. 

dobmisterdobster
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s a disgrace that MP’s have so little faith in the PM to obey the law.

I’ll miss Bercow.

SwinstoN asking for a delay to get Bojo to send his letter.

He is obeying the law. Remainers are frit because Boris came back with a deal.

They want an extension even if the deal is ratified. Seems legit.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )