The NEW Cathro poll

kingantti1874

The NEW Cathro poll   

1,479 members have voted

1. 1. Should ian Cathro stay on as manager

This poll is closed to new votes

Ann Budge took this on with C L they are partners he runs football she runs business.She will listen to C L and will support him she will not see reason.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• deejtee

kingantti1874

Mods need to launch the hobos voting stay..

Change the record, you are a total pain in the arse.

Instead of bleating about it on here contact the mods directly, now kindly stfu.

Bizarre

Rumour at work is he is away. This came from a Rangers fan but he has previously been pretty good with insider type stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think you're right, he has too much of an eye on the bigger picture, the longer term, and seems to forget we expect blood and snotters NOW, as a priority over a long term reinvention of the wheel.

If he is so keen on a new philosophy on the game why is he signing players in the later stages of their careers who must be set in their ways, rather than introducing youngsters that can take on board his thinking. When last season was petering out into a dismal spell he should have blooded a lot more players still in their teens and maybe some would have been up and running with what he expects this season. No real plan, just wing it. He has to go and asap.

Mods need to launch the hobos voting stay..

Bizarre

I'm almost tempted to change to my vote to Stay to counter arseholes like you.

People are entitled to vote how they want.

I think you're right, he has too much of an eye on the bigger picture, the longer term, and seems to forget we expect blood and snotters NOW, as a priority over a long term reinvention of the wheel.

Only prob is his new wheel has flat sides

How much money has been wasted on signings.A stand over budget.Stand to open in less than 6 weeks and Paul Daniels is dead.With next to no walk ups and a trip to Ibrox out window and Live TV things do not look good.A club owned by fans need every penny they can get. no Vlad or Farmer to bale us out.Less money poorer players that is the trouble with fan owned clubsEvery player must give 100% at all times and strong management to make as much As possible

The Football wasn't crap under Robbie.

It is crap now.

Thought folk would have seen that now.

Football was crap under Neilson, as others have said, just because we are so poor now under Cathro doesn't mean we should forget how turgid things were under Neilson. We've been on a downward slide for 18 months.

Football was crap under Neilson, as others have said, just because we are so poor now under Cathro doesn't mean we should forget how turgid things were under Neilson. We've been on a downward slide for 18 months.

Championship > 3rd Premiership > 2nd Premiership = downward slide?

Someone is pulling your leg, and pretty effectively too by sound of things.

OT isn't a hibs fan. I know OT and he's very much a Hearts supporter. This is all a bit mental tbh.

:lol:

kingantti1874

I'm almost tempted to change to my vote to Stay to counter arseholes like you.

People are entitled to vote how they want.

Before calling me an arsehole read the whole poll.. I started it and I've pointed out many time on it that many true jambos will have valid reasons for him to stay.. And I'm fine with that.. But equally we have caught a few. No doubt.. So dry your eyes. If you don't like my posts put me on ignore..

Also you called someone a Hobo directly only this morning :rofl: poor GED.

Edited by kingantti1874

C L said Jack Ross has to go away and think things later he left.On taking over Alloa he said you have stand up for what you believe in

Before calling me an arsehole read the whole poll.. I started it and I've pointed out many time on it that many true jambos will have valid reasons for him to stay.. And I'm fine with that.. But equally we have caught a few. No doubt.. So dry your eyes. If you don't like my posts put me on ignore..

:seething:

:D

RN at first attempt had Hearts win Championship with a record points and goals tally- and some people call him a bad manager!!!

That is what I don't understand good football goals attacking football then Jack Ross has fall out I wonder who caused it any ideas

Neilson's Shank

I've pointed out many time on it that many true jambos will have valid reasons for him to stay.. And I'm fine with that.

Voted he should stay and I am neither a Hobo or an intellectual. We are cash strapped with the new build and we cannot afford to pay Cathro off or off load any of his purchases. This is my pragmatic thinking, which I know will not be the opinion of the vast majority of those who have cast a vote but we are a very broad church of arseholes, on this board.

Voted he should stay and I am neither a Hobo or an intellectual. We are cash strapped with the new build and we cannot afford to pay Cathro off or off load any of his purchases. This is my pragmatic thinking, which I know will not be the opinion of the vast majority of those who have cast a vote but we are a very broad church of arseholes, on this board.

We can afford to pay him off....we would simply take on an additional salary. IC would get paid monthly until his compo deal is paid up. 

kingantti1874

To prove my point I actually called you and brunoatemyhamster out by name at about 10am as having having a valid reason for him to stay about 10am. I don't agree with your reasons, I think it's invalid on the basis he's costing us more in revues than it would cost but none the less I respect it..

But this morning there were posters with 0 activity on this board or a couple of posts who voted stay then deleted them when the released it was public.

This. Let's cut out the revisionism : his league finishes were unarguably very good but the football  was dire up to the point he left. 

Another manager might be able to get something out of the players we have that Cathro obviously can't.  

He's cost us LC income. That's bad enough. He stays, we can kiss goodbye to any decent amount of SC money and less league place dosh at the end of the season. Never mind possible relegation and what that would cost the club.

The vote says it all. Dont remember all of us being so united in something surrounding our club in a very long time. The more votes the better as Hearts cant ignore this.

1100 say go 60 stay,that says it all the club have to be made aware of this,the fans have spoken.

All roads lead to Gorgie

We cannot risk relegation though. That is a possibility if he doesn't vastly improve his appalling record so far. Fair do's to everyone who votes how they feel as long as it is genuinely given.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

There's no sensible reason for him to stay, financial or otherwise. Anyone arguing against is quite simply wrong.

I dont get folk still moaning about Neilson. With him in charge, we had a lot of exciting games, we scored plenty goals and generally folk looked forward to going to games. I'm not sure why people are so dead against him, apart from a certain two Cup exits which were terrible and embarassing, the rest of the time in the main he did extremely well for us.

The problem that Neilson had in the later days was the turnover of players, the only thing he has in common with Cathro.

I'm not sure today is the right time for me to make a call on what I think about this. Going to wait for a few days until I'm not just all caught up in immediate aftermath and cup exit seethe.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if plenty people feel like they can't vote for him to stay because they don't fancy bring scrutinised, being accused of being hibs fans or simply just being aggressively yelled down if they try to state their case. Demonising people who don't vote the way you want them to isn't particularly helpful.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

How much money has been wasted on signings.A stand over budget.Stand to open in less than 6 weeks and Paul Daniels is dead.With next to no walk ups and a trip to Ibrox out window and Live TV things do not look good.A club owned by fans need every penny they can get. no Vlad or Farmer to bale us out.Less money poorer players that is the trouble with fan owned clubsEvery player must give 100% at all times and strong management to make as much As possible

Paul Daniels is dead? :(

Championship > 3rd Premiership > 2nd Premiership = downward slide?

Football was dire away from home.

The parting of the ways was right at the time of all parties tbh.

I dont get folk still moaning about Neilson. With him in charge, we had a lot of exciting games, we scored plenty goals and generally folk looked forward to going to games. I'm not sure why people are so dead against him, apart from a certain two Cup exits which were terrible and embarassing, the rest of the time in the main he did extremely well for us.

The problem that Neilson had in the later days was the turnover of players, the only thing he has in common with Cathro.

But if you'd listened to the people who didn't like him at the time (and who posted about it every day, over and over and over) you'd be led to believe that we all hated it, we were all miserable, the football was the worst ever played at Tynecastle, season ticket sales were going to be the lowest in years, everyone would stop going, and the sky was about to fall in at any minute. [emoji57]

We were in crisis. Apparently.

I've only recently joined kickback despite being a hearts fan for the last 25 years. Completely agree with the vast majority of posters on here - This has been an unmitigated disaster of off the scale proportions.

IC should have apologised to all the fans who have time and again saved this club from oblivion and just admit he is out his depth to carry out a job of this magnitude in his first managerial appointment. Then and only then will be salvage any shred of integrity (if that's possible- I'm dubious as to whether it is).

There is no need for hearts to have a DOF but if AB insists this is the clubs vision of the future - does it have to remain levein? He is absolutely accountable for the shambles we are enduring and should fall on his sword. He won't.

I doubt AB reads these forums. However she was at the game on Saturday and clearly saw the feeling as demonstrated by a significant proportion of the support.

She needs to show leadership and make what may appear to be tough decisions but ones which are in the interest of this club.

Leave Ian. Please. Craig- you too. It hasn't worked. Admit it and move on allowing the club to get back on track.

Sadly can't see him going anywhere yet

relegation is looking us straight in the eye then !

Seymour M Hersh

Looking at the club website I'd have to surmise he is going nowhere. Something needs done but I feel the club are going to dig their heels in and stick by him at least until the Aberdeen game. With no home games scheduled until then there are unlikely to be any protests mass or otherwise unless people mass at Riccarton (which given our support is unlikely). The hope (from where is anyones guess) obviously being we'll get some positive results in the first 4 games and the pressure will ease. I'm only guessing though.

I'm one of the many, it seems, who were all for giving him a bit more time and really hoping he would turn things around.  I thought he deserved to get the summer window and at least 3 months of the new league season, by which time, if there was no tangible sign of progress, he should be emptied, allowing a new manager the January window.

Alas, the performances in the League Cup have convinced me that he has to go asap.  I fear the longer he stays, the more damage will be done.

I'm absolutely certain that Budge will understand the overwhelming strength of feeling among the fans, and in my view, she cannot risk losing our faith in her.  She simply cannot ignore this issue and hope that it will go away. I would expect a statement to be forthcoming very soon.  

I P Knightley

I tried to stay clear of JKB & sports news today hoping that if I left it til now, I'd come on and see an announcement.

Nae luck

Neilson's Shank

To prove my point I actually called you and brunoatemyhamster out by name at about 10am as having having a valid reason for him to stay about 10am. I don't agree with your reasons, I think it's invalid on the basis he's costing us more in revues than it would cost but none the less I respect it..

But this morning there were posters with 0 activity on this board or a couple of posts who voted stay then deleted them when the released it was public.

Yeah, read that and appreciate the check, but those who followed you are not so careful in their analysis.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

:nojustno:There will be huge repercussions if this fast becoming disliked regime ignores the will of the fans.  :raging:

But if you'd listened to the people who didn't like him at the time (and who posted about it every day, over and over and over) you'd be led to believe that we all hated it, we were all miserable, the football was the worst ever played at Tynecastle, season ticket sales were going to be the lowest in years, everyone would stop going, and the sky was about to fall in at any minute. [emoji57]

We were in crisis. Apparently.

Spot on, the way people went on was a disgrace and ridiculous towards a guy who has done nothing but really good work as a player and manager for us for years who deserved much more respect, despite the fact that in the main, results were good. The way people complain about finishing 3rd its as if we finish 3rd every year, instead of the record we have in the last 10 years. We romped the Championship, with far more points and goals than Rangers or Hibs when they won it, despite us having both of them in the league. Then 2nd when he left last year.

He wasnt anywhere near perfect and our away form wasnt great but we won the vast majority of home games, now anyone and everyone gets a result at Tynecastle. He also wasnt allowed to go out and buy as many internationals on high wages that Cathro has been allowed. For people moaning, look at how many goals we scored with him in charge, I think a lot will be surprised.

Doesn't look like we'll be getting any announcement tonight.

A really poor show by Hearts, if its going to happen, it needs to be done asap. Even if it was being held up by compensation, Hearts could put out a statement saying he is on gardening leave, will no longer be the manager and no further comment until issues are resolved. But at least that way its communicating with the fans, instead of us being left to fear the worst.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Spot on, the way people went on was a disgrace and ridiculous towards a guy who has done nothing but really good work as a player and manager for us for years who deserved much more respect, despite the fact that in the main, results were good. The way people complain about finishing 3rd its as if we finish 3rd every year, instead of the record we have in the last 10 years. We romped the Championship, with far more points and goals than Rangers or Hibs when they won it, despite us having both of them in the league. Then 2nd when he left last year.

He wasnt anywhere near perfect and our away form wasnt great but we won the vast majority of home games, now anyone and everyone gets a result at Tynecastle. He also wasnt allowed to go out and buy as many internationals on high wages that Cathro has been allowed. For people moaning, look at how many goals we scored with him in charge, I think a lot will be surprised.

An easy was to determine the wanks in our support is to ask them their views on Robbie.

Hearts surveys should start with. "What's your views on Robbie as manager?" That way you could sort out the "release the shackles" brigade and send their opinion straight to the trash.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Come back Robbie....those touchline outfits were sharp asf...now we've got a bloke who wears black shirts from Primark... :sob:  :sob:  :sob:

It may just be a case of Hearts might want to make a move, but hesitate to do so because they don't want to be seen as a group who jump when the fans shout. Sometimes that may be a good idea, other times its not, decision making is one of the most difficult things in life, who, what, why , when and how the rules that are best to consider and follow.

An easy was to determine the wanks in our support is to ask them their views on Robbie.

Hearts surveys should start with. "What's your views on Robbie as manager?" That way you could sort out the "release the shackles" brigade and send their opinion straight to the trash.

A lot of the people who want Cathro kept will be people who wanted Neilson out. Shows what team these idiots with the banners and the plane really support now that they are nowhere to be seen.

Skivingatwork

Just a thought but are we speaking to potentially interested parties/agents so we can make an announcement re Cathro then quickly follow it up with an appointment.

Funny seeing a large proportion of the Stay voters who have been on KB for years but have hardly ever posted.

Yet,.......... a poll to determine Hearts fans views on whether Cathro should stay or go appears, and out they come in their droves.

Speaks volumes.

Edited by Busby8