The NEW Cathro poll

kingantti1874

The NEW Cathro poll   

1,479 members have voted

1. 1. Should ian Cathro stay on as manager

This poll is closed to new votes

Think that's why we have 1200 voters for him to go.We want him gone,the fans have made their feelings very clear.

What, on a message board, aye?

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• deejtee

Went and re-read Boyd's article on Cathro at start of Dec 16. I was raging at the time but he calls it spot on. 

I was on the same Pro Licence course as Cathro, and he?s definitely obsessed with coaching.

He?s one of the up-and-coming, modern-era coaches who can organise a session just by flicking open his laptop.

There isn?t a session out there he couldn?t get on to his Macbook. But setting up a presentation to a group of players is all well and good.

That does not require man management skills, which is part of the game he knows absolutely nothing about.

Time will tell if I?m wrong on that. But if I was a Jambo I?d be worried.

For me the practical stuff involved in coaching is easy ? it?s dealing with highly-charged players that?s the hard part.

And for me Cathro is way, way out of his depth.

Frightening how accurate all of that is tbh.

The fact we've made Kris fecking Boyd look like some sort of forward thinking football mastermind makes this all the more ridiculous.

FarmerTweedy

I really wanted him to succeed and I originally voted for him to stay in the last poll,but it became more and more difficult to continue backing him.Yesterday was the last straw and he must go now.

I was much the same. Prior to this season starting, I really thought he should get till about late September/early October, but after this cup debacle, I see no possibility of him turning things around now.

ToadKiller Dog

Actually disgusted in Heart of Midlothian that at Lunchtime on this Monday after 7 months of shite and after that performance on Saturday that this imposter is still in charge of our club,utter disgrace.

Calm down its going to happen ,but he has the right to be dismissed from his position fairly ,lawfully and with dignity .

What ever we think of him he is still a person about to lose his livelihood .

Would you like it if your boss walked up to you and told you " your crap now feck off out of the work place in front of your workmates and customers .

Were you at Tynecastle on Saturday????    Looked to me that the 7,500 Jambos there would totally agree with this poll.

Would you not say it's reflective of the fans feelings as a whole? 1300 is a very decent sample size.

Edited by Longshanks

Were you at Tynecastle on Saturday???? Looked to me that the 7,500 Jambos there would totally agree with this poll.

Yeah it's the first game ever our support hasn't been happy right enough.

Get your facts right before talking utter shite, better still, complain to the mods directly if you know so much about the 'stay' voters alleged Hibs affiliation.

This is what I don't understand. On the one side folk are (quite rightly) pointing to the results of the poll and saying "This is how much we want Cathro emptied - the club should pay attention to this". On the other, folk are outwardly criticizing those who voted against Cathro's immediate removal, calling them Hobos and slagging them off. This makes it less likely that people will vote "Stay" and thus, to a certain and unfortunate extent, invalidates the poll, certainly in the eyes who want to see it as invalid.

The poll should have been anonymous to stop the likelihood of this happening.

Calm down its going to happen ,but he has the right to be dismissed from his position fairly ,lawfully and with dignity .

What ever we think of him he is still a person about to lose his livelihood .

Would you like it if your boss walked up to you and told you " your crap now feck off out of the work place in front of your workmates and customers .

He is (hopefully) about to lose his livelihood - and walk away with a ?500k severance payment for the remaining 2.5 years on his contract!!!!

Levein gave him a 3.5 year contract FFS, so add this to the money he has squandered on the likes of Osh, Sammon, et all.

Nookie Bear

Robbo was interviewed a week or so back after an inverness defeat and was asked about motivation for players and he said that has to come from the players, not him.

Cathro doesnt talk to the players any differently to the way he talks to the media so how can he expect guys to run over hot coals for him.

Dunfermlines management duo kept in touch with their players throughout. I heard cathro tell isma 'inside' once. Macphee shouted a few more instructions. No encouraging, even though young brandon was near them for half the match. Not one fekkin word of praise.

#cathroout

Think it's got a number of levels.

One is the approach the manager wants the players to have and I think we are trying to be too calm and measured.

Secondly, the players have to want to give that final 1% for their colleagues and the manager and that can sometimes be the difference.

Thirdly, it's about the players responding to the situation when the manager encourages them. Watch any game where Tony Pulis is manager and you will hear him shout "GO ON..." to the nearest player where there is a loose ball or 50/50

He should definitely be gone. He's only won 23% of his matches. He's won 7 drawn 9 and lost 14. It should be clear by now that he should be gone before he gets the chance to muck up our league season.

GG

Yeah it's the first game ever our support hasn't been happy right enough.

I've been going to Tynecastle for 40 years and seen some bad scenes - but that was ugly on Saturday with derision heaped on Cathro and Levein from Hearts fans who have reached the end of their tether!

Five to One

He should definitely be gone. He's only won 23% of his matches. He's won 7 drawn 9 and lost 14. It should be clear by now that he should be gone before he gets the chance to muck up our league season.

GG

It's a dismal record. You can't have this many fans going to games expecting to lose. 

The fact we've made Kris fecking Boyd look like some sort of forward thinking football mastermind makes this all the more ridiculous.

Pains me to say it, but Boyd was word for word absolutely spot on.

Yup - every single word of it has proven to be true.

I only hope that Boyd got it right due to luck and not because he is intelligent. God help us if that were the case.

Yup - every single word of it has proven to be true.

I only hope that Boyd got it right due to luck and not because he is intelligent. God help us if that were the case.

Frightening that a dick head like Boyd got it right, and our esteemed D of F got it wrong!!

stranraer-jambo

Apparently we can't afford to pay him off and he won't quit

It could be viewed that we can't afford not to pay him off as we could end up bottom of the pile.

Circa ?500k to pay him the remaining 2.5 years on his contract!!!

Levein gave a raw totally inexperience pal a 3.5 year contract FFS!!!!

ford donald

He is very good at that,could not make it up!

Frightening that a dick head like Boyd got it right, and our esteemed D of F got it wrong!!

Says all you need to know about CL. The only guy who thinks CL is smart is CL.

Utter clown and will only be looking to save his own skin...........again. 

What feckin uber intelligentsia ideas has CL got for us now?

We were always on a hiding to nothing with CL's attitude and approach to this.

CL - "I am so clever, smart and ahead of the game in this football department

business that I need consult no mere mortals on trivial questions such as 

results as we are way beyond that, Dr Cathro and me, the highly esteemed

Prof Levein. Can't you see Dr Cathro has told us we can play without goals

so goals tallies no longer matter as we are now playing for points gained on

possession percentages - has nobody advised the rest of Scottish clubs this

is the new way to play football - FFS keep up man. Follow on and learn the

sophisticated new methods pioneered by us top football IQ folks.Emperor

Budge has okayed the 5 year plan - trophies no longer matter, they are

pointless - just watch our beautiful, straight across the pitch passing - is it

not mesmerising and calming to watch? - the Gods of football management

are on display, just witness Dr Cathro's effortless approach on the touchline

as he makes it all appear so easy and painless."

Sober up you Walter Mitty delusional infants. Give us a Manager with his

feet on the ground and his players up for it - watching this is hopeless.

Someone on hear said Levein asked for the "Hibs" result after the match on 

Sat while cathro smirked at the fans gloatingly - say all this aint so as it

smacks of real bad taste and further evidence CL has lost the plot. Hibs had

qualified already and were on cruise at Alloa - what erse would ask that

question while his protege took the high ground with fans who pay for all of

this?- utter disgraceful performance from management and board right now.

David McCaig

If Levein takes over as Manager and Cathro goes on gardening leave it doesn't cost us a penny in real terms.

If Levein takes over as Manager and Cathro goes on gardening leave it doesn't cost us a penny in real terms.

Oh that's all right then..........we pay Cathro circa ?500k for sitting on his erse for the next 2.5 years!

This is exactly how I feel about this.

How can they not see that this is unacceptable state of affairs.

The Romanov regime was a shambles at the best of times but at least they would have punted this clown.

:spoton:

Oh that's all right then..........we pay Cathro circa ?500k for sitting on his erse for the next 2.5 years!

I wouldn't worry about that. Cathro's ego, would not allow his great footballing brain to sit there for long. I have no doubt he will pick up a good coaching job pretty quickly, so to save his career he wouldn't be here long.

David McCaig

It's very far from alright, but infinitely better than the status quo.

Realistically, Cathro will return to coaching at Newcastle rather than spend 2 years out the game with a trashed reputation.

Just back in from a golf trip. I am truly amazed that Cathro is still in place. Sadly it appears our owner and our DOF are not fussed what the fans say as they have our ST money. Did anyone take it forward in terms of a voice through the FOH? Sadly it may only be that money that talks and that may be the only lever. I am reluctant to stop my sub but as 1/ I am retired and 2/ the current owner is disregarding the fans and seems to be overspent I will think about it. I accept that is sacrilege to many on here but in 50 years this is the most exasperated I have felt as a Hearts fan. Ann Budge was our saviour but so were others before her and she is only a temporary custodian who seems to have no realism as to most fans wishes. Certainly the way things are you cannot see many of the current ST holders who do not contribute deciding to start pledging more of their hard earned cash.

If I am correct T, this is not the first time that a 'pal' has won a watch at Tynecastle!

Unfortunately that's absolutely correct

This is what I don't understand. On the one side folk are (quite rightly) pointing to the results of the poll and saying "This is how much we want Cathro emptied - the club should pay attention to this". On the other, folk are outwardly criticizing those who voted against Cathro's immediate removal, calling them Hobos and slagging them off. This makes it less likely that people will vote "Stay" and thus, to a certain and unfortunate extent, invalidates the poll, certainly in the eyes who want to see it as invalid.

The vote is hugely in favour of Cathro going. What category of people would vote for Cathro going that were not genuine Hearts fans?? Newcastle fans wanting him back? His mother wanting him free on a saturday afternoon? Invalid poll..you are having a laugh!

I got a warning point for using a similar term earlier so I expect the same will happen to you here.

Since you seem to want genuine debate I'm interested in your reasoning

Why is it you think cathro should be backed or given more time?

Happy to hear a different stance but I can think of zero reasons

I want him gone. He's a complete failure

When the club seems to be casting a blind eye to the opinion of the fans then it's only natural for tensions to run higher than usual.

I wish we'd got a decent midfielder and goalie in before the past week to see if they were the last two jigsaw pieces.

But I understand that new signings can take time.

However, I can see that Cathro can't come back from this.

I expect the club to be searching for a replacement but I really don't see the point in Daly being thrown in as a sacrificial lamb in the meantime and for him to start getting the vile abuse thrown at him that Cathro is getting.

So he might as well see out these away fixtures or until we get the right man to replace him IMO.

Doing nothing was not an option.

Own goal Hearts.

Total disregard for the lifeblood of our club.

They will not be doing nothing

Siphiwe Tshabalala

The club are not interested in our opinion and feelings, it's as simple as that.

The amount of riddles that will be spoke in these 'meetings' will be incredible.

The vote is hugely in favour of Cathro going. What category of people would vote for Cathro going that were not genuine Hearts fans?? Newcastle fans wanting him back? His mother wanting him free on a saturday afternoon? Invalid poll..you are having a laugh!

There are already a small handful of people in another thread here who say they would like him to stay, and they appear genuine enough.

You will notice that I didn't say that I personally feel the poll is invalid - the support for him to go is obviously overwhelming. However the measure of intimidation and abuse I've seen here will allow those who want to ignore the poll's results the justification (in their own minds anyway) to do so. I would rather not see them given that "out".

Coming round to him staying for the absolute seethe it would cause.

However as I have to watch the performances then it's less attractive

There are already a small handful of people in another thread here who say they would like him to stay, and they appear genuine enough.

You will notice that I didn't say that I personally feel the poll is invalid - the support for him to go is obviously overwhelming. However the measure of intimidation and abuse I've seen here will allow those who want to ignore the poll's results the justification (in their own minds anyway) to do so. I would rather not see them given that "out".

If they want him to stay they should vote and explain why..a bit like 12 Angry Men. Some fairly staunch Cathro fans have voted go and explained why they have changed their position but we must accept that some genuine fans have not reached that point yet. At least we have not got any more of the guff about Cathro winning the league with his "system" which was always nonsense but some fans  and sadly the two people who matter have not yet felt his time is up. They annoy me much more than individual fans swimming against the tide.

ford donald

For me the practical stuff involved in coaching is easy ? it?s dealing with highly-charged players that?s the hard part.

And for me Cathro is way, way out of his depth.

Well said Kris Boyd!

This.

I doubt there was ever going to be anything but a clear majority on this question but there's no doubt that aggressively naming and shaming the first of the STAY voters would be a deterrent to others doing the same and, as a result, the extent of the majority is potentially way off. They were completely shut down before the poll even really got started.