The NEW Cathro poll

kingantti1874

The NEW Cathro poll   

1,479 members have voted

1. 1. Should ian Cathro stay on as manager

This poll is closed to new votes

I was always willing to give him time but the last 2 weeks has shown me that unfortunately he is not what we need to move this club forward. I think he might be a great Academy coach but not Manager.

I want Peter Houston - someone who can work well with Craig Levein.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• David McCaig

Mr God Awful Ugly

I would give him until Xmas.

But if a new keeper and playmaker weren't signed this week I would worry more.

Very little went right yesterday.

Don't think Isma is playing well.

Buaben had his poorest game so far.

Their keeper made good saves and we missed chances.

It's been a bad week.

One more chance for him to turn the corner, major changes right now have every chance of being counter productive.

kingantti1874

I was always willing to give him time but the last 2 weeks has shown me that unfortunately he is not what we need to move this club forward. I think he might be a great Academy coach but not Manager.

I want Peter Houston - someone who can work well with Craig Levein.

This is where I'm at.. I'm struggling with levein as well but he's doing a good job behind the scenes.. I don't want another apprentice.. I want a man who will get 100% and also see it as a privilege managing hearts.. Not be touting himself for a move to the premiership every 2minutes.. On MacPhee I'm not sure, I'd probably give him another opportunity.. It's clear that he has a good relationship with lot of our players. Houston for me.. Stabilise for a few years

Bazzas right boot

If he goes, we need a plan.

Sacking him is all well and good, but when Robbie left to the delight of many, things got worse .

We cannot just "sack him". What happens for the next week, what about the players that we have just signed. We cannot pay off all the backroom team and every player that JKB thinks is shite.

I don't think his position is attainable, however we cannot just change things with no  thinking in too what happens next.

Its July, he's signed allot of players, the NI connection is obvious. Can we just clear things out? Not too sure what he best way forward is tbh, but just getting rid of everyone is not an option and  folk will do well to be reminded what happened after they celebrated  Robbie leaving.

A bit of a head scratcher. Do we sack a coach before the league season begins and he's just put a team together? If so what the hell happens next?

Its a shambles tbh

Jambof3tornado

It's been a bad week.

One more chance for him to turn the corner, major changes right now have every chance of being counter productive.

a lot of games betweem now and xmas.

Yesterday was the 1st time I felt players not backing him.

Lafferty offered nothing compared to the effort put in v east fife.

It's been a bad week.

Absolute rubbish. He has had plenty of time and choice of players to get things right. It's all about damage limitation now. By Xmas he would have us as relegation fodder. Edited by Prof

He has the opportunity of making a relatively credible and dignified exit by negotiating his way out now with Budge/Levein.

Or, he can stick it out for a few more weeks and lose all dignity and credibility and be hounded out by the fans.

The latter makes him less employable in future.

Totally agree. It's actually quite painful to watch him now. Any good boss would see that he's struggling and despite all the support that he's had so far, would recognise that there has to be a change. Levein is doing both Cathro and himself a disservice by allowing this to continue.

Bazzas right boot

It's been a bad week.

It was, Dunfermline getting all the plaudits but they score two good goals, one after our mistake.

we missed two from 4 yards out.

There is something missing, bite passion, drive and as you say a creative midfielder.

Stockton scores, we go through ( and Killie don't- I think), although still questions to be asked it buys the team time and a little good will.

We must have the only strikers that go to pieces in the box.

Isma's pass- WTF, Lafferty- decent connection and a yard either way its a goal, and then Stockton in the last minute......

It is tragic, but we seem to have a curse over strikers.

Dunfermline, a worldly and the young guy shows great composure for the second.

Confidence seems to be shot already.

Edited by Rudi'sleftfoot

It's been a bad week.

You want to give him until Xmas ??? we could be adrift at the bottom of the league by then!!. Get an experienced manager in let him sign the players HE wants and get this club back on track. How can changes be counter productive? can things actually be worse ? Oh and take Levein with him- his pet project has got us here and cost us millions we can ill afford.He is too stubborn to admit this is wrong, and change it.

brunoatemyhamster

How much has cathro's failurs in the cup cost us.. A good run in the league cup is probably worth over half a million a season.. A run to the final over a million.. Scottish Cup is probably nearer 1.5 over finishing 5th as opposed to 3rd cost us nearly half a million.. Brunoatemyhamster.. We can't afford not to sack him.

Personally I'd just put him on garden leave until he gets another job..

We're not Chelsea though. We paid to bring him, probably with the Nielsen money. Cup runs are great but you can't budget for them. They should be seen as a bonus. Walkers away cheaper than what he should be, that money will then go paying off two plus years of Cathro and Mcphees contracts. Its too late to sack him now. See if he wants to stay and take a lesser coaching roles or something hes good at . His reps good ,so someone might take him. Hes clearly not a head coach.

The Future's Maroon

96% :rofl:

Says it all really.

Funnily enough, looking at the 22 who have voted stay...one name I recognise from the forum over the years, one name...that also says it all for me.

I was a member of the being patient and give him time brigade. However, this week has confirmed what I probably already knew deep down.

Cathro OUT NOW!!!

I fear unrepairable damage could be done to the current team if he is left in charge any longer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

kingantti1874

Says it all really.

Funnily enough, looking at the 22 who have voted stay...one name I recognise from the forum over the pyears, one name...that also says it all for me.

Check the post counts :rofl:

We see you hibs fuds

Are people really suggesting the poll is not a fair and representative view of the Hearts support ?

Stunning cynicism !

folk need to stop making excuses for IC (I have been guilty too) The players are somewhat to blame but theres a reason why we aint putting the ball in the net or making daft mistakes or playing with zero urgency etc etc. there aint a bad player in that team yet they are all playing shocking just now and especially midweek and yesterday, Lafferty and Berra included! its internal, its the shape, possibly the formation, possibly the team talk/passion before games. 

Bazzas right boot

Are people really suggesting the poll is not a fair and representative view of the Hearts support ?

Stunning cynicism !

People did use that argument when it was in Cathro's favour. ......

David McCaig

How much has cathro's failurs in the cup cost us.. A good run in the league cup is probably worth over half a million a season.. A run to the final over a million.. Scottish Cup is probably nearer 1.5 over finishing 5th as opposed to 3rd cost us nearly half a million.. Brunoatemyhamster.. We can't afford not to sack him.

Personally I'd just put him on garden leave until he gets another job..

Factor in 1500 season tickets as well.

Being reported that the Board met last night.

Source - The Sun.

Caveat - The Sun.

They were right about Walker being dropped, though.

kingantti1874

People did use that argument when it was in Cathro's favour. ......

We we were bang on the money werent we tosh.

Gordon Ramsay

Here we are 11:15am the day after and this imposter is still here.

What does he need to do to get removed?!

Is he pumping Ann Budge?

I'm flabbergasted this is being allowed to continue. I would have told him to **** off at half time yesterday.

I expect one of the following to happen this week

1. Cathro will be sacked - Least likely

2. A sit down with players and a "heart to heart frank and open discussion" followed by the usual "We will fight to get it right" pish in the press. Highly likely

3. A club statement regarding re-structuring of first team affairs with Cathro coaching elsewhere at the club and someone else from within taking first team. Possible.

What I can't see is absolutely no response from the board,

brunoatemyhamster

2. A sit down with players and a "heart to heart frank and open discussion" followed by the usual "We will fight to get it right" pish in the press. Highly likely

3. A club statement regarding re-structuring of first team affairs with Cathro coaching elsewhere at the club and someone else from within taking first team. Possible.

4 . We go to Parkhead on flag day and get the Smackdown laid on us. We go back to point 1

My team is shite, my jobs got me stressed to hell. My missus is expecting, I'm up to my eyeballs in flat pack furniture, I'm on 'could happen anytime' so I can't even drink.... all I want is what some of what the 4% must be smoking. Stay? Stay? You've all got to be hobos!

:D

maltese jambo

Not sure Anne budge realises how unhappy the fans are with the performance of the football department.

One idea which springs to mind is for us to organise amongst FOH contributors to all sign a letter stating that their contributions will be withdrawn unless the football department is completely overhauled. She is a businesswoman and she must listen to a statement like that.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Freaky Dancer

It's an OUT for me, Would Ann Budge tolerate this level of incompetence in any other parts of her business?! I very much doubt it.

Pants Shaton

I'm gutted that this hasn't worked out.

I still buy in to the model of an intelligent, progressive manager using cutting edge techniques. One failure doesn't prove anything.

I honestly see no chance of him turning this around.

Not sure Anne budge realises how unhappy the fans are with the performance of the football department.

One idea which springs to mind is for us to organise amongst FOH contributors to all sign a letter stating that their contributions will be withdrawn unless the football department is completely overhauled. She is a businesswoman and she must listen to a statement like that.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

No, thank you.

Bunny Munro

I thought Cathro was a brilliant appointment, considering we were always getting a 'project'. He was far more qualified than Robbie and had references claiming he was a great coach and great analyst.We brought in another heralded coach in Austin McPhee to support him. I was really excited.

The January window, despite almost all of the signings failings, may have been necessary after the joke of a squad that Robbie left, coupled with the injuries to Souttar and Patterson.

We're now at a stage that, regardless who is brought in (I happen to think we've done really well this window), the rot has set in. Cathro, for all his coaching and analytical skills, does not seem capable of motivating the players. He seems to think (as Robbie did before him) that regardless of effort, heart, desire, the better team will always win if they are set up to do the simple things well.

He needs to go.

Well said. I now have no time for CL. Great player but a power mad and arrogant dictator who is destroying the club from within. He knows he'll never get a well paid gig anywhere else which is why he's clinging on.

I am worried sick, as it currently stands under Mr Levein, we can look forward to another wet behind the ears laddie as coach when Cathro eventually leaves our club.

Unless Budge acts accordingly and puts Mr Levein in his place, this nightmare will continue to the detriment of our famous club.

That can not be allowed to happen.

Maroonblood22

I've been willing Cathro to be a success from day 1 but yesterday was enough for me. Watching the game with my wee boy and I was ****ing embarrassed with what we saw and where that left us in the group.

Time to admit that it hasn't worked. I do (strangely) think that MacPhee would be good to keep around for his relationships with the players but Cathro needs to go now!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

This can't happen. Apart from a few people who have no clue everyone else can see it's Cathro that's the problem, not the players.

It took a while. But our support finally sees Cathro as what he is. An imposter and a arrogant arsehole to boot.

I was one of the first to call it. No time for being smug though. That will happen when we're on a better footing!

Can we see who voted so we know who the hobos are?

You need to be in the full version mode. They look iffy as. Hopefully the administration puts it's secret but super effective detection methods on these characters.

Hopefully the mods are doing their job and can have a nice little clear out of all the hibs tramps.

Even taking that into consideration we've had about 700 votes and 96% want him gone.

I don't think we've ever went into game 1 of a season with such an unpopular manager.

GORGIE MONK

Yes, time for him to go.

I thought he would be a success.

But can't see it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pasquale Bruno

Budge says top 4 is the target.

I'll concede the top 3 to Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers in that order.

That leaves us competing with St Johnston, Hibs and Partick. They all have managers who will motivate and get results.

That puts us bottom 6 and anyone in that lot can go down as it so tight.

He has to go.

Apart from that he has no personality, relationship with the fans and is on some wee ego trip at the expense of loyal fans who have dug so deep this hurts us. He does not even relate to that.

GTF Cathro. Not fit for purpose.

This poll must be infected by Lowbees. I can't believe nearly 40% of voters would vote for Cathro to stay.

I really wanted him to succeed and I originally voted for him to stay in the last poll,but it became more and more difficult to continue backing him.Yesterday was the last straw and he must go now.

That's exactly where I'm at right now.

Jambof3tornado

Budge says top 4 is the target.

I'll concede the top 3 to Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers in that order.

That leaves us competing with St Johnston, Hibs and Partick. They all have managers who will motivate and get results.

That puts us bottom 6 and anyone in that lot can go down as it so tight.

He has to go.

Apart from that he has no personality, relationship with the fans and is on some wee ego trip at the expense of loyal fans who have dug so deep this hurts us. He does not even relate to that.

GTF Cathro. Not fit for purpose.

The league cup was a target too!

Budge must take action.

ooh-aah-cantona

Cathro has got to go and he has to go today.

If he is in charge against Celtic then I genuinely believe we will be humiliated with a cricket score against us at Parkhead.

Ann Budge has previously conceded that she's not a football expert but it's plainly obvious that Cathro has to go. She also has another big decision to make with Levein also under the spotlight.

I hope that both Levein and Cathro leave today. I reckon McPhee will stay and may have an important role at the club to play in the short term if Levein leaves as well.

Oliver Twist is a Hibs fan so that is his reasoning. I know this as I know him personally.

His user name is Oliver Twist ffs. The begging bowl asking for more

:facepalm:

I assume Damo is too. Don't know him though.

Oliver Twist is not a hibs fan.