The NEW Cathro poll

kingantti1874

The NEW Cathro poll   

1,479 members have voted

1. 1. Should ian Cathro stay on as manager

This poll is closed to new votes

Can any ITK'ers cheer me up with rumours of an emergency board meeting or crunch talks at some secret location. It doesn't even have to be true. :)

Anything to make me believe that Budge/Levein...realise we have a situ here that must be addressed.

I'd say the chances of him being sacked this week are the opposite to the poll results.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• David McCaig

Backing Cathro requires a great leap of faith after failure to qualify for the knock out stages.

He's had a pre season, he's signed players we have to believe he wanted and been able to put his stamp on the side.

There's just something stopping me voting to see him leave and it goes against all good logical arguments raised by those who want him out now.

Are we being too swift and in danger of releasing a man who will go on to prove himself elsewhere ?

Sometimes circumstances/events just come together and no matter what you do lady luck turns herself against you......it feels like that just now for him and when you see the start of the league season given the away games we had and those now added due to the new stand it just looks as though he'll be put through the wringer if he stays.

My son told me there was something on the Scottish Sun twitter about a board meeting last night, is this true or usual rubbish journalism?

Can any ITK'ers cheer me up with rumours of an emergency board meeting or crunch talks at some secret location. It doesn't even have to be true. :)

Anything to make me believe that Budge/Levein...realise we have a situ here that must be addressed.

I posted earlier in the thread that the Sun had reported this, with the usual caveat that it's the Sun.

jambo in iraq

anyone else refreshing BBC website or the like, hoping to see a headline!

and who the hell voted NO?? have a word!

If benitez has got such a stiffy over cathro why doesn't he take him back? Does anyone think we would actually stand in his way? Would we **** :lol:

hes not going to make it, not here anyway, needs punted NOW, not after 5 games, not after the transfer window shuts he needs emptied now, its been 8 months of complete embarrassment and abject failure

Bazzas right boot

We we were bang on the money werent we tosh.

It would seem so.

Bang wrong about Robbie, tho.

You win some, you lose some.

Bazzas right boot

Finally succumbed to the fact that it's just not goin to work for him, despite my sincere wishes that he'd stick it right up Kris Boyd/Willie Miller etc.

So I've reluctantly voted leave. But ill refrain from slating the guy on a personal level. And McPhee too. From 'schoolboy' to 'kid' to 'hippy', it's nothing but classless.

Cathro has to go...and we all have to rejoice as the likes of Boyd tell us that they told us so. Fantastic.

I'm here.

If benitez has got such a stiffy over cathro why doesn't he take him back? Does anyone think we would actually stand in his way? Would we **** :lol:

Except there is no proof that they want him back sadly

Voted to stay - I would give him until end of September. Can we have another poll then (unless he is already away) :)

Finally succumbed to the fact that it's just not goin to work for him, despite my sincere wishes that he'd stick it right up Kris Boyd/Willie Miller etc.

So I've reluctantly voted leave. But ill refrain from slating the guy on a personal level. And McPhee too. From 'schoolboy' to 'kid' to 'hippy', it's nothing but classless.

Cathro has to go...and we all have to rejoice as the likes of Boyd tell us that they told us so. Fantastic.

I reckon at the beginning we all wanted Boyd etc to have to eat their words but better to accept they were right than keep turning a blind eye to what has been happening on the park.

Bazzas right boot

Backing Cathro requires a great leap of faith after failure to qualify for the knock out stages.

He's had a pre season, he's signed players we have to believe he wanted and been able to put his stamp on the side.

There's just something stopping me voting to see him leave and it goes against all good logical arguments raised by those who want him out now.

Are we being too swift and in danger of releasing a man who will go on to prove himself elsewhere ?

Sometimes circumstances/events just come together and no matter what you do lady luck turns herself against you......it feels like that just now for him and when you see the start of the league season given the away games we had and those now added due to the new stand it just looks as though he'll be put through the wringer if he stays.

Ther's a part of me that thinks thsi way.

Even Burley got us humped out the lc by Livingston.

He's got his team together, and its still early days. But I can't see how he can recover form finishing behind Peterhead and Dunfermline, even with ourneed to get a few more players.

You never know, we could shock Celtic....and everything could click.

Rumours on twitter that he's away and Levein to take over until new manager appointed

Levein should piss off too.

I've had a text saying he's away and Levein taking over for short term

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ther's a part of me that thinks thsi way.

Even Burley got us humped out the lc by Livingston.

He's got his team together, and its still early days. But I can't see how he can recover form finishing behind Peterhead and Dunfermline, even with ourneed to get a few more players.

You never know, we could shock Celtic....and everything could click.

You need to step back from this and move on you know. Few things are black and white but the evidence for belief in Cathro is  just so flimsy.

coatbridgejambo

he has to go pronto before its to late .this season is still salvageable at this point. but got a bad feeling this will rumble on. 

Jambof3tornado

You need to step back from this and move on you know. Few things are black and white but the evidence for belief in Cathro is just so flimsy.

Flimsy as in non existent.

The Future's Maroon

Just been told the same as guys above, about him being gone and Levein to take over interim...although they made have just seen the same on twitter...not itk on this one.

coatbridgejambo

Heard he has left? Anyone else?

please let it be so. i'm getting exited now 

Edited by coatbridgejambo

If the rumours are true, it's the correct call. I'd rather a new man came in to sort this out whilst still having the month to assess the squad and make changes where they see fit before the window closes.

Basically where I've got to, and your second paragraph is spot on.

Question for the older fans, how does Cathro compare to the likes of Bobby seith, tony ford etc and the ill feeling around the club on the field ( obviously the off field situation is like night and day).

These managers weren't quite so arrogant over the whole thing, but to be honest it was a different era.

Back then, the club was broke with some truly awful players. No matter how good a manager you were, it was almost impossible.

Just now, the players are by and large very good. We are just not playing to a style that works in Scotland or suits the players. Cathro also seems to have the motivational skills of a trained chimp.

One thing is for sure however, we knew how to get rid of managers then. It was actually quite a common occurrence to have a mass protest of the back of the msin stand. That may not exist anymore, but direct action almost always works. Owners can't just switch off their phones to ignore you.

A lot of people on here were pretty keen for Robbie to leave. Once he did the next protege was appointed and things got immediately worse.

Are those same people not worried the same thing might happen again? Be careful what you wish for and all that?

A lot of people on here were pretty keen for Robbie to leave. Once he did the next protege was appointed and things got immediately worse.

Are those same people not worried the same thing might happen again? Be careful what you wish for and all that?

We have to hope that the D.o.F. walks as well.

At the moment we're looking like being a team who'll be fighting it out in the bottom places of the bottom 6.

I agree there's no need for the personal abuse. The guy was given the job and it simply hasn't worked.

Boyd and Craigan's delight however. that's going to be a tough one to take.

Hagar the Horrible

It just got dull with Robbie, we would have won all 4 games in the LC 1-0, and defended the lead at all costs.  Yoko Cathro just does not have a clue,  I am beginning to think the signing we made in January might not have been all bad, its just the coaching that's at fault.  We will not win another game under Cathro  fact!

We need to hope that lessons have been learned from this appointment when the decision is made on the next.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The names other people are calling for have track records in management. Cathro didn't.

heartsfc_fan

I've had a text saying he's away and Levein taking over for short term

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please be true

The board are more than happy to make announcements when they require a little bit of extra funding from the fans, always a silence when things don't go to plan. I know i'm not alone but will probably get slated but I have paid ?20 a month every single month since pledging began (and I am WELL aware folk pay double and treble that and more so i know its not much) and I am beginning to feel a bit like we've to just accept what's happening. I feel the board have an extra duty, more than at any other club, to ACT on the fans feeling at the moment.

****ing empty this clueless arrogant little boy. Never have Hearts been associated with anyone i've disliked as much as Cathro - and I have never hid that fact.

Just been told the same as guys above, about him being gone and Levein to take over interim...although they made have just seen the same on twitter...not itk on this one.

Levein will never go in the dugout. He's enjoying his ?150k (or whatever) salary with no pressure. The minute he's in the dugout then he risks his job.

CL does plenty good things I'm sure. But this experiment was unfortunately a huge failure. Couldn't of actually gone much worse than it has.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Board meeting took place this morning.

Discussions took place over pies welded to trays

Board meeting took place this morning.

So a meeting last night and one this morning. I reckon with that, he's away.

I'm sad to vote that I think he should go. I wanted him to succeed, but yesterday showed that we are a team in crisis. We have no energy, no flair, no passion, no game plan, no clue. Isma looked lost and completely out of condition and form. Lafferty (a good player) was left isolated the entire game, and we've completely failed to address the centre midfield problem in the two and half months since the season finished.

We're still stuck with a querulous Jamie Walker, a listless Arnauld Djoum, a pedestrian Don Cowie and a mediocre Prince Bauben.

My view on Cathro had always been 'give him a good run of game this season to give him a proper chance'.

Yesterday's performance, coupled with the Peterhead result has forced me to reassess that opinion.

I hope the club do the right thing now and release Cathro, but retain the services of Austin McPhee. This job was too big and came too soon for Cathro, a person who I still have great respect for. We need to make the decision now so that we give whoever it is that comes in time to make his own changes.

I think Craig Levein must also have his position re-examined. That's been three disastrous windows in a row. I don't know the names of the two Dunfermline wide men yesterday but they were fitter, faster and much more skilful than our guys. Our signings haven't been good enough. We are one-paced and lacking in any ideas. His next manager needs to be proven; Archibald at Partick would be a good choice imo. We can't afford to take on another complete rookie at this stage.

This is exactly where I'm at. I applauded the club for taking a risk with Cathro and sad to say it hasn't worked, that said I'm still glad that as a club we were willing to roll that dice in the first place.

Going forward we need a manager that finds the best formation and tactics for the players available and not one that try's to shoehorn players into a system that doesn't suit them. I understand the willingness to have a single way of playing from first team down through the youth ranks to help young players step up but first and foremost that philosophy needs to be winning games.

For me I'd like to see McPhee and Daly stay but Gallagher has to go with Cathro, both keepers seem incapable of the basics and as much as Cathro has to take responsibility for results, the goalkeeping coach has to take the responsibility for the performances and lack of improvement of our goalkeepers.

Cathro has to go now for the simple reason that he is destroying Hearts reputation and more importantly culture. He doesn't understand what it means to manage Hearts and what the club means to the support.

Jambof3tornado

I wanted robbie out. I want cathro out more. Results based business.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Levein will never go in the dugout. He's enjoying his ?150k (or whatever) salary with no pressure. The minute he's in the dugout then he risks his job.

CL does plenty good things I'm sure. But this experiment was unfortunately a huge failure. Couldn't of actually gone much worse than it has.

Problem i have always had with the arrangements it gives Craig the best of both worlds.

No problem with him continuing the great work with the academy but our new manager should have the importance McInnes has thrived on and has glued him to Aberdeen

Jambof3tornado

This is exactly where I'm at. I applauded the club for taking a risk with Cathro and sad to say it hasn't worked, that said I'm still glad that as a club we were willing to roll that dice in the first place.

Going forward we need a manager that finds the best formation and tactics for the players available and not one that try's to shoehorn players into a system that doesn't suit them. I understand the willingness to have a single way of playing from first team down through the youth ranks to help young players step up but first and foremost that philosophy needs to be winning games.

For me I'd like to see McPhee and Daly stay but Gallagher has to go with Cathro, both keepers seem incapable of the basics and as much as Cathro has to take responsibility for results, the goalkeeping coach has to take the responsibility for the performances and lack of improvement of our goalkeepers.

Good post. Total agreement from me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I wanted robbie out. I want cathro out more. Results based business.

Aye 2nd was awful results for Neilson

sairyinthat

was never an Experiment at any time. But clearly fell apart.

fraz the postie

I was a stay man until half time yesterday,

I don't mind the fellow posters idea of him coaching under a new manager however.

It was my dream team when they were given the job,but it's not working,

I don't know why.