The NEW Cathro poll

kingantti1874

The NEW Cathro poll   

1,479 members have voted

1. 1. Should ian Cathro stay on as manager

This poll is closed to new votes

He ain't going anywhere.

John Robertson says that Anne Budge will give him to the end of the season before any decisions are made.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• deejtee

He ain't going anywhere.

John Robertson says that Anne Budge will give him to the end of the season before any decisions are made.

There is no way he would be given that long if things are going badly.

Riddley Walker

He ain't going anywhere.

:lol:

Five to One

He ain't going anywhere.

Aye right. We'll be enjoying our new stand in the Championship if that's the case. 

Jambof3tornado

Why is he still here? He wont last 6 matches.

Bottom 3 of the league all season.

Cannae wait.

Ann shouldnt underestimate the mood.

Jambof3tornado

He ain't going anywhere.

Balls mate.

GorgieRules22

So does anyone know if the teams training and Cathro is there taken it ?

If he is then clearly he's not going anywhere anytime soon. I did read someone saying they've got today off, why ? The players look so unfit why would they get a Monday off.

No chance of an announcement imo.

Heads down, we go again.

They're delaying the inevitable but there will be nothing happening anytime soon, imo.

Then we better get ready for a struggle on and off the pitch.

Listening to Cathro's radio interview on Saturday was even more depressing than the football. He clearly has no time for the fans ,doesn't feel he owes any apologies for the dreadful displays only wanted to talk about the game just played and offered no hope at all that things would improve.

I still think we will get an announcement today. I just hope it's not a vote of confidence.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The last manager to be as universally reviled as this was "the committee". Even Vlad changed his mind at this point.

Levein and Budge?

The worrying thing for me is the custodian's of our club have backed Cathro to the hilt, are they going to do what should have been done months a go and sack him now?

We have an owner who takes advice on all things football related from Mr Levein, he is the biggest problem and has overseen an abysmal period of our clubs recent history and appears answerable to no one. Removing Cathro without dealing with our DOF in the same manner will have dire consequences going forward if he is allowed to continue with his flawed philosophy.

The fact we have heard nothing so far concerns me.

Elias Henry Furst

Then we better get ready for a struggle on and off the pitch.

Listening to Cathro's radio interview on Saturday was even more depressing than the football. He clearly has no time for the fans ,doesn't feel he owes any apologies for the dreadful displays only wanted to talk about the game just played and offered no hope at all that things would improve.

I still think we will get an announcement today. I just hope it's not a vote of confidence.

We'll see but I'd be surprised.

I doubt Ann Budge believes things are that bad.

Escobar PHM

He ain't going anywhere.

The customers and fans of this club wont allow him that long if things are going badly.

I reckon he's left himself with 4 away games to save his job. If there isn't visible and marked improvement during those 4 games, he's gone. He'll have to be gone or we'll get relegated under him, and no one from top to bottom will tolerate any chance of that happening.

doctor jambo

I think he will be given the away games. Our away record has been awful for years and would expect this to continue. he will be emptied after that and at least this will give the new manager some space as our poor away form will be landed at cathro's door. I cannot see the new stand being opened and the whole celebration being marred by Hearts fans booing Ann and the manager and players- I don't think anyone wants that- gone before Aberdeen game is my prediction

Off topic but is there any highlights from the Peterhead fixture?

How bad in comparison to Saturday was it?

All roads lead to Gorgie

When I renewed my season ticket I was full of optimism and even thought IC would somehow turn things around with a stronger midfield in place. Now I am totally pissed off with the whole affair and I am starting to grow tired with those in charge when I fully backed them before. Ann Budge has to open her eyes and see that Cathro is destroying the forward momentum we had on the pitch and if CL is telling her otherwise then that is a huge problem that needs addressed.

He ain't going anywhere.

Well if that's the case then we are in for a relegation battle this season.

I don't fancy us to beat anyone at the moment and I mean anyone.

Edited by Lambo85

kingantti1874

He ain't going anywhere.

Ann budge has been one of the best things to ever happen to this club.. But at the end of the day the only thing that matters is results..

She will be painting a huge target on her own back if true.

kingantti1874

I think he will be given the away games. Our away record has been awful for years and would expect this to continue. he will be emptied after that and at least this will give the new manager some space as our poor away form will be landed at cathro's door. I cannot see the new stand being opened and the whole celebration being marred by Hearts fans booing Ann and the manager and players- I don't think anyone wants that- gone before Aberdeen game is my prediction

Sort of makes sense.. Don't let a new manager have reputation instantly tarred by taking 5 losses..

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

The most alarming thing is that people watched 6 months of Cathro and his crap tactics and setup and then suddenly expected this all to change over the last few weeks.

Correct. Too busy trying to prove Boyd wrong.

ford donald

He ain't going anywhere.

Would be a big mistake on AB's part. 

Captain America

Went and re-read Boyd's article on Cathro at start of Dec 16. I was raging at the time but he calls it spot on. 

I was on the same Pro Licence course as Cathro, and he?s definitely obsessed with coaching.

He?s one of the up-and-coming, modern-era coaches who can organise a session just by flicking open his laptop.

There isn?t a session out there he couldn?t get on to his Macbook. But setting up a presentation to a group of players is all well and good.

That does not require man management skills, which is part of the game he knows absolutely nothing about.

Time will tell if I?m wrong on that. But if I was a Jambo I?d be worried.

For me the practical stuff involved in coaching is easy ? it?s dealing with highly-charged players that?s the hard part.

And for me Cathro is way, way out of his depth.

Hagar the Horrible

I said yesterday cathro is the Yoko Ono of the footballing world.   I am beginning to think the Bad signings might not have been so bad after all?  all showed some skills , then it all went south, perhaps under Cathros advanced coaching setup????  I still think the laptop had Windows 3.1 installed and FM83 was the app he was using?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I said yesterday cathro is the Yoko Ono of the footballing world. I am beginning to think the Bad signings might not have been so bad after all? all showed some skills , then it all went south, perhaps under Cathros advanced coaching setup???? I still think the laptop had Windows 3.1 installed and FM83 was the app he was using?

Correct bud, he's a charlatan that's been found out.

Hagar the Horrible

Hearts need to make a statement today one way or another?  pretending nothing is happening and leave him in charge to face Celtic, without comment, that in itself is a massive mistake?

Captain America

Hearts need to make a statement today one way or another?  pretending nothing is happening and leave him in charge to face Celtic, without comment, that in itself is a massive mistake?

This.

It has been widely reported there was a board meeting yesterday. Either sack him or a vote of confidence needs to come from the board. 

Silence is causing further frustration within the support. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

He still here? If he doesn't go today then I can't see it ever happening.

If he is still here when the new stand opens there is going to be a hell of a bad atmosphere where it should be a celebration. He needs a George Burley style start to stop that happening and can anyone see that highly unlikely scenario.

Jambo 4 Ever

He ain't going anywhere.

How would he know now though?

He ain't going anywhere.

THAT is frightening!!!!

Pants Shaton

I think he should go but I have to say all the stuff about getting players 'motivated' and dealing with big egos is totally baffling.

What self-respecting footballer can't provide their own motivation - particularly when you think about the Hibs games last season?

Which of the 'superstars' in our squad are too good to deal with / respect a guy who has worked for some of Europe's best coaches and biggest clubs?

The whole Kris Boyd thing was perhaps a self-fulfilling prophecy - seasoned pros telling other players only a fellow professional footballer is worthy of your respect as a manager. Maybe the right thing to do was have a tub-thumping 'motivator' as assistant manager (a Lockie style 'get in tae them') but isn't that just depressing?

Jambof3tornado

I think he should go but I have to say all the stuff about getting players 'motivated' and dealing with big egos is totally baffling.

What self-respecting footballer can't provide their own motivation - particularly when you think about the Hibs games last season?

Which of the 'superstars' in our squad are too good to deal with / respect a guy who has worked for some of Europe's best coaches and biggest clubs?

The whole Kris Boyd thing was perhaps a self-fulfilling prophecy - seasoned pros telling other players only a fellow professional footballer is worthy of your respect as a manager. Maybe the right thing to do was have a tub-thumping 'motivator' as assistant manager (a Lockie style 'get in tae them') but isn't that just depressing?

Robbo was interviewed a week or so back after an inverness defeat and was asked about motivation for players and he said that has to come from the players, not him.

Cathro doesnt talk to the players any differently to the way he talks to the media so how can he expect guys to run over hot coals for him.

Dunfermlines management duo kept in touch with their players throughout. I heard cathro tell isma 'inside' once. Macphee shouted a few more instructions. No encouraging, even though young brandon was near them for half the match. Not one fekkin word of praise.

#cathroout

I don't think it's a lack of desire or motivation within the squad as such. It's what the players are being motivated to do, and how the management define success & failure.

I think the message Cathro's giving the players is often not suitable for the level we play at & the occasions we find ourselves in, although admittedly I also don't think we have enough of the right sort of player.

Lennon had the Hibs players snapping into tackles from the off. Those players must have known they'd get a hammering if they lost a 50-50 or were outworked. They definitely acted like it. Whereas it seemed like our players were told to trust their ability, keep playing football, find the angles & work the space, etc. If you tell a player that the worst thing he can do in a derby is lose the ball & that he won't play next week if he does, that's what he'll focus on. If you're telling him not to lose a tackle, same goes. 

It looked like more of the same on Saturday. Keep your composure, don't panic, play football. Resulting in no real urgency for 35 minutes. That message is fine if you need a goal and you're coaching Barcelona. Sometimes, you probably need to put a different message across at our level.  

I hope your wrong.

I am here in NSW waiting for the announcement that he has been ersed.

They are taking their time....

Got you! :thumbsup:

Surely they will see sense and boot him. We will take a pummeling from Celtic regardless so at least get a new manager in so he can use the Celtic match as a game to get up to speed with who he wants to play where and who fits his puzzle. Because Cathro has had far too long to try and work his 'magic' which I reckon stretches as far as placing the cones out.

:thumbsup:

Said the exact same to a colleague of mine yesterday. Parkhead is a defeat anyway so get someone new in to see our problems getting highlighted against the best team in the country and let them see what they can do. I'm only logging in here now to see if he's gone yet!

82 votes to stay?

There's ur undercover vermin right there mods. Get them ejected

Get your facts right before talking utter shite, better still, complain to the mods directly if you know so much about the 'stay' voters alleged Hibs affiliation.

Seymour M Hersh

That's the way I'm seeing it too Doc. Add to that if it is 4 straight defeats they can bullet him after the Motherwell game and having given themselves time to come up with an immediate replacement that man will have 2 weeks until his first game as the 2nd of September is an off weekend (internationals I'm guessing). Straight away you've got positivity all around (apart from the fact we may have zero points).

Gordon Ramsay

Went and re-read Boyd's article on Cathro at start of Dec 16. I was raging at the time but he calls it spot on.

I was on the same Pro Licence course as Cathro, and he?s definitely obsessed with coaching.

He?s one of the up-and-coming, modern-era coaches who can organise a session just by flicking open his laptop.

There isn?t a session out there he couldn?t get on to his Macbook. But setting up a presentation to a group of players is all well and good.

That does not require man management skills, which is part of the game he knows absolutely nothing about.

Time will tell if I?m wrong on that. But if I was a Jambo I?d be worried.

For me the practical stuff involved in coaching is easy ? it?s dealing with highly-charged players that?s the hard part.

And for me Cathro is way, way out of his depth.

Boyd is correct.

The man is socially awkward, he creeps me out a bit tbh.

Actually disgusted in Heart of Midlothian that at Lunchtime on this Monday after 7 months of shite and after that performance on Saturday that this imposter is still in charge of our club,utter disgrace.

Actually disgusted in Heart of Midlothian that at Lunchtime on this Monday after 7 months of shite and after that performance on Saturday that this imposter is still in charge of our club,utter disgrace.

i agree

Take time off work, get camped up outside the ground, protest your head off, let us know how you get on yeah?

Edited by smiler

Generic Username

I think his new season "grace period" has gone from the first round of fixtures to the first four games. There will need to be extremely positive performances against both sides of the OF and nothing short of two wins against Kilmarnock and Motherwell.

Nothing will happen pre-Celtic.

Take time off work, get camped up outside the ground, protest your head off, let us know how you get on yeah?

Cool story bro.

Cruyff Turn

This is exactly how I feel about this.

How can they not see that this is unacceptable state of affairs.

The Romanov regime was a shambles at the best of times but at least they would have punted this clown.

Well if you're that disgusted then do something about it.

Think that's why we have 1200 voters for him to go.We want him gone,the fans have made their feelings very clear.