• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• deejtee

I'd go further. Scrap the ridiculous DoF position, sack Levein and Cathro and then get a proper manager in. Unfortunately we can't do anything about Budge yet but her time will come.

Watt-Zeefuik

Voted go. If rumors are true (not holding my breath) and he is away, I won't celebrate. This whole fiasco, from the moment Robbie left, has been a disaster for the club and getting rid of Cathro now is simply the least worst option.

He should have been fired at the end of the season. We're in a pickle now.

I'd go further. Scrap the ridiculous DoF position, sack Levein and Cathro and then get a proper manager in. Unfortunately we can't do anything about Budge yet but her time will come.

Budge. Eh? Really?

Christ almighty

So it's only been going downhill for 24 hours?

Cool.

Point out where I said that, cheers. 24 hours since what for most people was the final nail in Cathro's coffin, which you surely understood.

Squeaky Beans

I honestly think that Cathro should stay it's still early on and he's not even payed a league match yet. Also who will we get as manger this late into the transfer window that's not as bad or worse than Cathro as well as paying Cathro off will also cost a lot. I know, I know I'll get abuse on here for saying that, but it's my opinion and I realise that most disagree.

Nookie Bear

Voted go. If rumors are true (not holding my breath) and he is away, I won't celebrate. This whole fiasco, from the moment Robbie left, has been a disaster for the club and getting rid of Cathro now is simply the least worst option.

He should have been fired at the end of the season. We're in a pickle now.

I know what you mean. It's a sad end to a pathetic few months for this club and still leaves in a period of uncertainty.

I don't dislike Cathro tbh, and I hope he goes onto have a decent coaching career. But I cannot see him managing a club again.

I'm not sure today is the right time for me to make a call on what I think about this. Going to wait for a few days until I'm not just all caught up in immediate aftermath and cup exit seethe.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if plenty people feel like they can't vote for him to stay because they don't fancy bring scrutinised, being accused of being hibs fans or simply just being aggressively yelled down if they try to state their case. Demonising people who don't vote the way you want them to isn't particularly helpful.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I think your position on this is absolutely fine. You speak about aggression, and there are a small number of posters who have been aggressive in their attitudes to Cathro for some time, unable to get their point across without resorting to name-calling - school bully level of chat. But there has also been a fairly notable section who have not been convinced and have managed to state that in a reasonable way. Then folk like myself who, perhaps more through hope than expectation, wanted him to get more time to prove his worth. It shouldn't be a surprise that there's a range of views and ways of expressing them on a board with a large membership.

For me, though, the failure to win a mini league filled with teams a division and more below us, costing us money at a time when the fans are being asked to find that wee bit more above and beyond what we're already paying, is enough to convince me that enough is enough. You could see at the end of yesterday's game that he does not have the players with him. That's not something that will have happened overnight. I'm sure he's a clever guy who knows the game inside out, but that doesn't translate into good player management. It was with a little sadness I voted go, but Hearts is bigger than Ian Cathro. And Craig Levein, come to that.

Nookie Bear

I honestly think that Cathro should stay it's still early on and he's not even payed a league match yet. Also who will we get as manger this late into the transfer window that's not as bad or worse than Cathro as well as paying Cathro off will also cost a lot. I know, I know I'll get abuse on here for saying that, but it's my opinion and I realise that most disagree.

He's had about 26 league games.

We should be able to recruit a better head coach simply because it would be difficult to appoint a worse fit.

Cruyff Turn

Sniff sniff

Your at the wind up.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

:greatpost:  :oconnor:  :justsayno:   :hibsfud:

Jambof3tornado

He's had about 26 league games.

We should be able to recruit a better head coach simply because it would be difficult to appoint a worse fit.

We are Hearts. We will have a long list of potential coaches applying.

You can ignore the usual push of wont work under a dof but plenty will still apply.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

giphy.gif

Launch, please mods.

Nookie Bear

We are Hearts. We will have a long list of potential coaches applying.

You can ignore the usual push of wont work under a dof but plenty will still apply.

Exactly. The DoF is a common role abroad and many head coaches enjoy being allowed to concentrate solely on first team matters.

giphy.gif

:lol:

Imagine blowing your cover so quickly.

You need to view in Desktop or full version.

Oliver Twist and Damo have voted stay!!!!

Oliver Twist has already been outed as vermin.

Now needs emptied.

Squeaky Beans

Launch, please mods.

This is what's wrong with this forum one person says something that most don't agree with even though more than 30 people voted stay and you want me launched? 

This is what's wrong with this forum one person says something that most don't agree with even though more than 30 people voted stay and you want me launched?

Because your very clearly a Hobo.

Patently obvious that you're at it. Cheerio.

Imagine blowing your cover so quickly.

He could have filled an entire evening.

Now it's just him, the bedsit and Hibs.nut.

Hope his neighbours change their password.

Cruyff Turn

Bolt Green Bean. Your mate Lt. Aldo has been launched already.

Marooned in Sec Z

You said he hasn't played any league games yet. He had plenty last season or are you choosing to conveniently forget about that? Cant blame folk for thinking you're at the wind up.

Anyone who votes stay is ****ed or a Hibs fan.

Bull shite the directors have backed Cathro and the true Hearts 68 fans so far

Squeaky Beans

He could have filled an entire evening.

Now it's just him, the bedsit and Hibs.nut.

Hope his neighbours change their password.

Patently obvious that you're at it. Cheerio.

Because your very clearly a Hobo.

Oh well looks like I won't be saying anything if I have one opinion opposite to yours and get bombarded with hate and hobo comments. Guess that's what you get when you don't follow the crowd.

You fancy a ?100 wager that I can prove beyond reasonable doubt I'm a season ticket holder at Tynecastle then ?

Hang on a minute, you'd give up ten, ?10 bags to try and convince us your not H1b5.  Good one.

Oh well looks like I won't be saying anything if I have one opinion opposite to yours and get bombarded with hate and hobo comments. Guess that's what you get when you don't follow the crowd.

You'll be used to that though ?.............. Surely ??

Funny seeing a large proportion of the Stay voters who have been on KB for years but have hardly ever posted.

Yet,.......... a poll to determine Hearts fans views on whether Cathro should stay or go appears, and out they come in their droves.

Speaks volumes.

Oliver Twist has already been outed as vermin.

Now needs emptied.

Oliver Twist is not a hibs fan. He's very much a Hearts supporter.

Championship > 3rd Premiership > 2nd Premiership = downward slide?

Was the championship season within the last 18 months?

We did finish 3rd, but I've certainly not forgetten the 2nd half of the 15/16 season, a major drop off in performances / results after being huckled out the cup by our closest rivals.

Interesting that you characterise last season as a 2nd in league finish. That was in December for a couple of days as Aberdeen had games in hand. I think you could better characterise last season with our desperate start, sleepwalking out of Europe to a Maltese club and out of the league cup in the first round, all in the first week or so. Abysmal away performances in say Kilmarnock, Inverness etc, and not even dominant at home. Couple of good performances v rangers and well before Neilson left.

Up to you I guess, but I prefer to be clear on how we have been over last 18 months. It's not just Cathro to blame for where we now find ourselves

Edited by HMFC 86

Oliver Twist is not a hibs fan. He's very much a Hearts supporter.

That's bloody worse !

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Come om guys you'll never get a 100% vote.

You could ask people if they wanted a ?100 or tied up and sodomised for the rest of their lives and the poll would probably be closer.

You've also got to remember there always a few that never made it back from Woodstock.

Come om guys you'll never get a 100% vote.

You could ask people if they wanted a ?100 or tied up and sodomised for the rest of their lives and the poll would probably be closer.

You've also got to remember there always a few that never made it back from Woodstock.

Absolutely right.

Have a look though............ some imposters been members for 10 years plus with virtually nothing to say for themselves until now........ on this thread !

Need launched.

Edited by Busby8

Hopefully this won't get me hate but where do you get the gif things?

I'll tell you if you can name the Hearts 2012 Cup Winning team without googling it.

I'm not sure today is the right time for me to make a call on what I think about this. Going to wait for a few days until I'm not just all caught up in immediate aftermath and cup exit seethe.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if plenty people feel like they can't vote for him to stay because they don't fancy bring scrutinised, being accused of being hibs fans or simply just being aggressively yelled down if they try to state their case. Demonising people who don't vote the way you want them to isn't particularly helpful.

It has reminded me a bit of some of the aggression with the referendum. To be fair there has been inappropriate stuff from both "camps". I used to get weary of the pantwetters, stomping feet at not getting one's ways and especially the guff insulting one's intelligence for not understanding Cathro. Time to accept that most fans have had enough, some will still hold out hope that it is all about to come good and are entitled to think that and say so but some clearly are voting for reasons other than being Hearts fans. They are the real saddos.

Point out where I said that, cheers. 24 hours since what for most people was the final nail in Cathro's coffin, which you surely understood.

You tried to make out that my post was knee-jerk because it was only a day ago. It's been going on for too long.

I was stay until recently but it seems clear enough now it's not happening for the guy. 

Same, I could live with a shock result vs Peterhead but the way we approached Dunfermline in response was way off.

Squeaky Beans

I'll tell you if you can name the Hearts 2012 Cup Winning team without googling it.

McDonald

MGowan

Elliot

Black

Zaliukas

Barr

Skacel

Driver

Santana

Webster

Grainger

Subs

Robinson

Beattie

Taouil

I know my stuff mate so tell me where the gifs are and stop calling me a hobo as I do in fact have a house.

Borders Jambo

Utterly ludicrous comments about AB.

McDonald

MGowan

Elliot

Black

Zaliukas

Barr

Skacel

Driver

Santana

Webster

Grainger

Subs

Robinson

Beattie

Taouil

I know my stuff mate so tell me where the gifs are and stop calling me a hobo as I do in fact have a house.

I've never used the term you mentioned in my life when describing someone of the green persuasion.

I'm in fact very pleased for you that you have a roof over your head.

The 2012 team naming was a good start, but in retrospect I think you will have a lot more persuading to do before I reveal the secret of the gifs.

McDonald

MGowan

Elliot

Black

Zaliukas

Barr

Skacel

Driver

Santana

Webster

Grainger

Subs

Robinson

Beattie

Taouil

You missed the c in McGowan.

Busted. :D

Edited by martoon

Squeaky Beans

I've never used the term you mentioned in my life when describing someone of the green persuasion.

I'm in fact very pleased for you that you have a roof over your head.

The 2012 team naming was a good start, but in retrospect I think you will have a lot more persuading to do before I reveal the secret of the gifs.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/x1kS7NRIcIigU/giphy.gif is this enough persuasion or will I need to stick it elsewhere?

I think your position on this is absolutely fine. You speak about aggression, and there are a small number of posters who have been aggressive in their attitudes to Cathro for some time, unable to get their point across without resorting to name-calling - school bully level of chat. But there has also been a fairly notable section who have not been convinced and have managed to state that in a reasonable way. Then folk like myself who, perhaps more through hope than expectation, wanted him to get more time to prove his worth. It shouldn't be a surprise that there's a range of views and ways of expressing them on a board with a large membership.

For me, though, the failure to win a mini league filled with teams a division and more below us, costing us money at a time when the fans are being asked to find that wee bit more above and beyond what we're already paying, is enough to convince me that enough is enough. You could see at the end of yesterday's game that he does not have the players with him. That's not something that will have happened overnight. I'm sure he's a clever guy who knows the game inside out, but that doesn't translate into good player management. It was with a little sadness I voted go, but Hearts is bigger than Ian Cathro. And Craig Levein, come to that.

Can't disagree with any of that.