The NEW Cathro poll

kingantti1874

The NEW Cathro poll   

1,479 members have voted

1. 1. Should ian Cathro stay on as manager

This poll is closed to new votes

Jambof3tornado

Cathro has got to go and he has to go today.

If he is in charge against Celtic then I genuinely believe we will be humiliated with a cricket score against us at Parkhead.

Ann Budge has previously conceded that she's not a football expert but it's plainly obvious that Cathro has to go. She also has another big decision to make with Levein also under the spotlight.

I hope that both Levein and Cathro leave today. I reckon McPhee will stay and may have an important role at the club to play in the short term if Levein leaves as well.

Celtic as a team will not take their foot off the gas at 5 nil so I really am scared.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• David McCaig

Do we sack a coach before the league season begins and he's just put a team together? If so what the hell happens next?

Its a shambles tbh

Yes.

If he goes, we need a plan.

Sacking him is all well and good, but when Robbie left to the delight of many, things got worse .

We cannot just "sack him". What happens for the next week, what about the players that we have just signed. We cannot pay off all the backroom team and every player that JKB thinks is shite.

I don't think his position is attainable, however we cannot just change things with no thinking in too what happens next.

Its July, he's signed allot of players, the NI connection is obvious. Can we just clear things out? Not too sure what he best way forward is tbh, but just getting rid of everyone is not an option and folk will do well to be reminded what happened after they celebrated Robbie leaving.

A bit of a head scratcher. Do we sack a coach before the league season begins and he's just put a team together? If so what the hell happens next?

Its a shambles tbh

We should have sacked him months ago, appointed a more experienced manager and let the new guy make the new signings and prepare them for a fresh start. We would all have felt positive about the new season. It's a shambles created largely by an intransigent board and to a small extent by soft Hearts fans. This poll should have been 96% out in May. Edited by Flimsy

It's nearly 12pm day after we exited the league cup....is he no away yet? I'm getting impatient!

I see you still haven't stated where i said he was the brains behind Benitez . Never mind. They won 9 in 10 before he took over at Hearts. they

then lost 3 and drew 1 of the next 7 .

They won the three matches right after he left. They in fact went on a great run. He had sod all to do with the effect of the first team. Just admit you've had a shocker, voted incorrectly and move on mate.

Get up to riccarton this week for a peaceful protest.

The coup d'etat in the changing room and revolt on the terrace should prove decisive.

I don't  think we should underestimate Mrs B.

Edited by alfajambo

He has the smell of failure about him. As Mikey Stewart said yesterday the players by now won't be listening to the grand plans for winning games - as all the previous grand plans had failed.

What a mess. Must be excruciating for all these introverts with superiority complexes to be failing so publicly.

The coup d'etat in the changing room and revolt on the terrace should prove decisive.

I don't think we should underestimate Mrs B.

Here's hoping...

One thing that this whole sorry mess demonstrates is that Ms Budges faith in Levein in misplaced.

Now, I'm a fan of having Levein at the club, but he needs reigned in.

Some of the signings he's made are a joke, contract lengths etc.

She simply cannot hand over the football side to someone who's performance has been poor -because he has virtually no one to answer to.

There comes a time where you simply have to say ;"enough is enough". That time was at the end of last season.

I don't plan to attend any more matches while Cathro is around, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Kind of pointless after buying an ST, but it's the principal.

Yesterday was my tipping point.

Prior to that I was willing to give him the first 10 games of this season to see how he did as I felt that it was the players letting him down last season.

4 games in and there has been no change despite a couple of decent signings. There is no rhythm to our play, we look totally disjointed and almost as though we don't know exactly what we're supposed to be doing.

That says to me that it's not the players that are responsible for this, so it must be the 'management'.

Recruitment has also been pretty poor. There are still positions that we clearly need to address and they still haven't been filled. Levein comes out of this looking extremely poor too and people are right to question his role in this shambles too.

IMO it's 100% time for Cathro to go and Levein had better up his game or the guns will be turned on him next.

That's exactly where I am LC.

Walter Bishop

There is no way Cathro can continue, other than money due to him if he is sacked.

People saying it's not a good time before season starts?? It's the perfect time, the alternative is letting this charlatan lead us into bottom place before we make a move to get rid.

Ann Budge is a business woman everyone keeps saying, well it makes no business sense to keep this clown in charge.

Hagar the Horrible

We went from being second best in the league, to being the worst even though we have improved the squad under Cathro! It wont get better only worse, I wanted it to work, but its about time we act like a professional team on the pitch as well as getting it right off it?  WE are not a nursery for young players and younger managers, we should be a team that only thinks of today, tomorrow never comes, you have to live in the moment, and there will be a tomorrow.

Cathro has lost the dressing room, that team tried to a point, it just failed and the penalties told their own story, the team did not even use them as practice or for pride?

Cathro has now lost the fans

Is the departure of Ann and Craig at full time, a crisis meeting as they never watched the penalties?  Has Cathro lost the paymasters now as well?

I feel sorry for the guy, he wont work in football ever again, unless as a punter?  but he got the chance most would dream of and blew it massively.  But don't darken our door again 

All roads lead to Gorgie

The silence from messers Budge and Levein is absolutely deafening.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

They have got to say something but I expect that to come on a working day, hopefully tomorrow. If it is not to announce Cathro's departure however then they seriously need to get their heads out the sand because the lifeblood of the club the fans are being let down by the debacle that is happening under this failing coach.

kingantti1874

We went from being second best in the league, to being the worst even though we have improved the squad under Cathro! It wont get better only worse, I wanted it to work, but its about time we act like a professional team on the pitch as well as getting it right off it? WE are not a nursery for young players and younger managers, we should be a team that only thinks of today, tomorrow never comes, you have to live in the moment, and there will be a tomorrow.

Cathro has lost the dressing room, that team tried to a point, it just failed and the penalties told their own story, the team did not even use them as practice or for pride?

Cathro has now lost the fans

Is the departure of Ann and Craig at full time, a crisis meeting as they never watched the penalties? Has Cathro lost the paymasters now as well?

I feel sorry for the guy, he wont work in football ever again, unless as a punter? but he got the chance most would dream of and blew it massively. But don't darken our door again

I'd maybe feel sorry if he had a shred of humility..

I can only assume the 31 to stay are either the coaching staff themselves or supporters of other teams.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

This poll is confirmation of the fans views. Only an incompetent board would continue with status quo now given the obvious financial implications.

Mark my words if no action is taken this will be a massive turning point in the popularity of the new board-they will be hated. Also mass protests,boycotts and FOH donation suspensions will ensue.

Oliver Twist is not a hibs fan.

Ffs I give up. He literally emails me at my work after every post and tells me what he is going to post next laughing about it. You may have a different guy in mind but this guy with 360 posts is my pal who I speak to almost every single day. I have also worked with him and I even went to his daughter's christening. I think I know he is a Hibee redm.

Yesterday was enough for me. We don't even look like a team. Dunfermline should not be able to get the ball from their box to ours in 3 simple passes down the middle - over and over again I must add.

I was willing to give him a dozen games or so if things looked like they were improving. We haven't been unlucky against Dunfermline or Peterhead.. we've been dreadful. We're not even playing kids - by and large it has been our strongest side!

Buaben should be no where near the starting 11 and that performance by him yesterday was abysmal. His second touch is a tackle and the same can currently be said for Isma.

I've been pleased with the signings that have been made so far but the football is getting worse and worse. We cannot allow a season to be over by October.

Edited by King prawn

brunoatemyhamster

They won the three matches right after he left. They in fact went on a great run. He had sod all to do with the effect of the first team. Just admit you've had a shocker, voted incorrectly and move on mate.

They then only won one of the next four. Blackburn defeat  included. But hey ho , your right. A 3 time European trophy  winning manager kept him on as first team coach  when he arrived at Newcastle , got rid of everybody else because he's got nothing to offer. He's got to go because he cant MANAGE. Why he's not there doing the same job he was doing at Newcastle is the mystery. Unless he is and the problem is elsewhere.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

They then only won one of the next four. Blackburn defeat  included. But hey ho , your right. A 3 time European trophy  winning manager kept him on as first team coach  when he arrived at Newcastle , got rid of everybody else because he's got nothing to offer. He's got to go because he cant MANAGE. Why he's not there doing the same job he was doing at Newcastle is the mystery. Unless he is and the problem is elsewhere.

Why would he leave Newcastle as part of the backroom staff to come and do the same job at Hearts?

Certainly time for Cathro to go. There really is no way back for him now.

I am still behind Levein but he has to make this happen and happen soon. Any more time given to Cathro does us no good and will do him no good either. He's a young guy and still has a future elsewhere coaching but the pressure and abuse will just get worse for him if he is with us much longer. Don't like seeing such a young guy being put through this. I think the what we saw as arrogance from his interviews yesterday was him putting on a very brave front. He looked close to tears as he smirked nervously taking the abuse at the game yesterday. The guy has no doubt tried his best but it just is not good enough. I hope the guy recovers from this and does well with his coaching elsewhere.

If this doesn't happen sometime tomorrow at the latest I will change my view on Levein.

Gutted the whole Cathro appointment hasn't worked out as it was a bold and exciting move at the time. It hasn't worked out and for everyones sake it has to be resolved before the season starts. 

I am fairly sure he will go tomorrow. Hopefully the man himself will do it and go with our best wishes and if not Levein should take responsibility and remove him. If it goes on any longer Budge will have an even bigger decision to make in my view. Tough times but everything will sort itself out and we can get the playing bit up to speed with the superb off field stuff that is going on.

See you all at Darkheid next weekend when things have changed and we give those clowns a trouncing..... things will be looking a lot better again. Mon the JT's. 

Question for the older fans, how does Cathro compare to the likes of Bobby seith, tony ford etc and the ill feeling around the club on the field ( obviously the off field situation is like night and day).

Certainly time for Cathro to go. There really is no way back for him now.

I am still behind Levein but he has to make this happen and happen soon. Any more time given to Cathro does us no good and will do him no good either. He's a young guy and still has a future elsewhere coaching but the pressure and abuse will just get worse for him if he is with us much longer. Don't like seeing such a young guy being put through this. I think the what we saw as arrogance from his interviews yesterday was him putting on a very brave front. He looked close to tears as he smirked nervously taking the abuse at the game yesterday. The guy has no doubt tried his best but it just is not good enough. I hope the guy recovers from this and does well with his coaching elsewhere.

If this doesn't happen sometime tomorrow at the latest I will change my view on Levein.

Gutted the whole Cathro appointment hasn't worked out as it was a bold and exciting move at the time. It hasn't worked out and for everyones sake it has to be resolved before the season starts.

I am fairly sure he will go tomorrow. Hopefully the man himself will do it and go with our best wishes and if not Levein should take responsibility and remove him. If it goes on any longer Budge will have an even bigger decision to make in my view. Tough times but everything will sort itself out and we can get the playing bit up to speed with the superb off field stuff that is going on.

See you all at Darkheid next weekend when things have changed and we give those clowns a trouncing..... things will be looking a lot better again. Mon the JT's.

Decent.

See you at Parkhead. Pretty sure he will be gone also. If not, it will be unpleasant in the stands. That's where the real dissent should always come from.

Question for the older fans, how does Cathro compare to the likes of Bobby seith, tony ford etc and the ill feeling around the club on the field ( obviously the off field situation is like night and day).

I remember the Bobby Seith days, the chants of Seith must go, Seith must go! the frustration felt by the Hearts fans now could grow into a full scale revolt by comparison, the reason being that the fans have invested a lot of money & time in our club to put up with simpering little idiots dragging us down.

edit: the on field situation was different then as mostly our players weren't prima donnas thinking they're better than Hearts, one thing they do have in common however, is they both seem confused as to what the loonies in charge wanted from them!

Edited by jamboozy

Skivingatwork

I don't see the point in giving him half a dozen games. All the signs are pointing to us being bottom of the table and the transfer window shut.

Needs decisive action now to allow the new manager time to assess the squad (albeit quickly) and bring in/ move on one or two players.

I really hope that Levein and Budge had an honest discussion after yesterday's game and decided to give themselves the remainder of the weekend to allow emotion to be removed from the decision. Just my opinion but would like to think this will be followed up by an announcement tomorrow.

Edited by Skivingatwork

AndosNemesis

He should have went after the Hibs defeat in the cup.  He showed then he had no tactical football knowledge.  He's an erse get im oot.

He's had 30 games and multiple transfer windows to get it right.  Yesterday's result proves that he's failed.

I'm sure that he's given it his best, but it's results that count and he has failed to deliver the goods.

This season is already an embarrassment, and I think the next few weeks will be even worse unless we get a new head coach/manager.

Thanks Ian, but goodbye and good luck.

Scarily similar to Seith who was allowed to blunder on far too long despite a 7-0 humping from the Hibs on 1/1/73.

I don't believe for a minute that our present board will allow this to rumble on any longer. A decision will be made tomorrow.

Tony Ford was a hopeless manager but didn't have a fraction of the quality of player that Cathro has at his disposal.

These were different times and circumstances. Quite simply with the resources we now have we should not be in this mess.

I understand the current mood amongst supporters (although I do not condone name calling and personal insults) I too get frustrated at the end of games like everyone else I just feel sorry for the lad and believe he deserves the full 12 months for a proper stab at it. For me it is CL who needs to look at his current strategy. It was clear from offset that Cathro did not have a good gauge on Scottish football and how to best set up your team in this league. His ambition for players far outweighs our wage structure

Are you seriously saying that if after 8 games of this new season we had no points, you would still give him to Christmas???? 

Scarily similar to Seith who was allowed to blunder on far too long despite a 7-0 humping from the Hibs on 1/1/73.

I don't believe for a minute that our present board will allow this to rumble on any longer. A decision will be made tomorrow.

Tony Ford was a hopeless manager but didn't have a fraction of the quality of player that Cathro has at his disposal.

These were different times and circumstances. Quite simply with the resources we now have we should not be in this mess.

Not sure If I qualify as 'old' enough but attended my first game in 1960, in all these years I have seen much worse teams

BUT, and it's a big but I have never felt so taken for granted by the club or as angry at the club as I do now! 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Are you seriously saying that if after 8 games of this new season we had no points, you would still give him to Christmas????

I'll certainly not be listening to his radio podcasts any time soon. :rofl:

:cornette:

I'm desperate for IC to succeed so I want to see how we start in the league.

If things continue to go South then I'll be reviewing my stance.

After how many games? Two games no points? Seven games no points? Where is your line in the sand and what evidence informs your

thinking that he will do any better when we "start the league"?

Edited by bobskeldon

A further consideration behind my vote is the money we will now not make from the LC. At a time when we're buying season tickets, contributing to FoH and attending fund raising events, the team not making money from the LC just seems a bit, well, careless.

My son told me there was something on the Scottish Sun twitter about a board meeting last night, is this true or usual rubbish journalism?

Riddley Walker

96 percent from 900 votes :lol:

Statistically that's a very decent sample size. I get the feeling the club are going to dig their heels in with this though.

Can any ITK'ers cheer me up with rumours of an emergency board meeting or crunch talks at some secret location. It doesn't even have to be true. :)

Anything to make me believe that Budge/Levein...realise we have a situ here that must be addressed.

Not sure If I qualify as 'old' enough but attended my first game in 1960, in all these years I have seen much worse teams

BUT, and it's a big but I have never felt so taken for granted by the club or as angry at the club as I do now!

It's true that there have been much worse teams because this isn't a bad team.

An experienced manager who knows the Scottish game would have us in the top four at least.

Jambof3tornado

My son told me there was something on the Scottish Sun twitter about a board meeting last night, is this true or usual rubbish journalism?

Wishful thinking.

Pretty obvious thing to claim might have happened whether it did or not.

They then only won one of the next four. Blackburn defeat included. But hey ho , your right. A 3 time European trophy winning manager kept him on as first team coach when he arrived at Newcastle , got rid of everybody else because he's got nothing to offer. He's got to go because he cant MANAGE. Why he's not there doing the same job he was doing at Newcastle is the mystery. Unless he is and the problem is elsewhere.

Birmingham City - 4-0

Wigan - 2-0

Burton - 2-1

Rovers lost

Brentford 2-1

Rotherham 4-0

Can you point out the loss of form please?

Finally succumbed to the fact that it's just not goin to work for him, despite my sincere wishes that he'd stick it right up Kris Boyd/Willie Miller etc.

So I've reluctantly voted leave. But ill refrain from slating the guy on a personal level. And McPhee too. From 'schoolboy' to 'kid' to 'hippy', it's nothing but classless.

Cathro has to go...and we all have to rejoice as the likes of Boyd tell us that they told us so. Fantastic.