The NEW Cathro poll

kingantti1874

The NEW Cathro poll   

1,479 members have voted

1. 1. Should ian Cathro stay on as manager

This poll is closed to new votes

Over 1000 folk have voted with 95% wanting him out. Think that's fairly conclusive, but will the club even listen?

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• deejtee

Are you listening Ann because you can't ignore what has to be done.

Ok maybe compensation may cost a few bob but you can't get the next appointment wrong it needs to be a top proven quality manager as our team deserves someone who knows what they are doing. No more trainees please and you can forget Levein's Bootroom idea as it won't work.

Edited by mitch41

Captain America

Barry Anderson on twitter just tweeted that Ian Cathro is still head coach of Hearts. No change as things stand.

Barry Anderson on twitter just tweeted that Ian Cathro is still head coach of Hearts. No change as things stand.

That's an absolute disgrace if true.

I'm no having a go but how would he know any more than us??pretty sure Hearts will release something before they phone that ginger spraff.

Edited by YMWrules

Five to One

Saw that. It would be utterly ridiculous to keep him on. Clear they don't want to sack him but hand is being forced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gordon Ramsay

More pain to come in the following weeks then.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Not a fan of disruptive protests but it may need to be that to bring them to their senses then.

Anyway who are the 55 who want him to stay? Im shocked there's that many!

Hobos and intellectual would be Mourihno's who still think can see something everyone else on planet doesn't.

kingantti1874

Not a fan of disruptive protests but it may need to be that to bring them to their senses then.

All bets are off.. The club work for us.. Open season on Cathro and Levein abuse if he takes charge of another game

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

The least the fans wanted was entertaining football after neilson decided to go all boring in the 1st season in the prem(which I suspect is all levein). Imo he would still be manager today if he adopted the same playing style in the prem that beat cowdenbeath 10-0. Albeit we probably would have finished lower.

Voice of reason

Is the vote public? I'm trying to see who voted 'stay'!!!!!!

If it's not public... Can the mods delete and start again.

This is classic online bullying - let's name and shame posters with a different view. Let's all get together and call them names in a pack. There is a reason that General Elections are private - to avoid pressure on voters to vote a certain way and so there can be no attacks against people. This poll is lacking credibility because it's public and because aggressive posts like this are not being removed. Fair play and total respect to the Hearts fans who voted against the angry mob despite the applied pressure to vote a certain way by many. I bet the actual figure that want Cathro's to get a bit longer to turn things round is more than the poll is showing. All we need now is a demand for the home addresses of those who voted 'stay' so we can go round with torches and pitchforks and then our retreat into the dark ages is complete.

Personally, I think Buffalo Bill's first post on this thread sums up my feelings perfectly so no need to repeat it. So, with some regret, Cathro should go now - this view has only been reached since yesterday's result. I won't vote on this farce of a poll though despite the fact I agree with the majority. These need to be private in future.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Okay. All hell will break loose now. FOH cancellations,banner displays at away games and a Facebook group will be organised ASAP for a huge protest at the grand opening of the new stand.

The Future's Maroon

I don't think there is an reason we can't announce anything today

Dont they need to inform the SPFL, and they will be closed?

Only a guess mind.

Captain America

I'm no having a go but how would he know any more than us??pretty sure Hearts will release something before they phone that ginger spraff.

You prob right but I would assume he might have more contacts within the club who may give him a tip off.

Mods need to launch the hobos voting stay..

Change the record, you are a total pain in the arse.

Instead of bleating about it on here contact the mods directly, now kindly stfu.

It's patently not working for him. A shame, but he should go now.

Agree with this entirely, I'd like nothing better than for him to turn it around but it isn't going to happen.  Sorry to see this happen but action needs to be taken.

Edited by RobM

The board are more than happy to make announcements when they require a little bit of extra funding from the fans, always a silence when things don't go to plan. I know i'm not alone but will probably get slated but I have paid ?20 a month every single month since pledging began (and I am WELL aware folk pay double and treble that and more so i know its not much) and I am beginning to feel a bit like we've to just accept what's happening. I feel the board have an extra duty, more than at any other club, to ACT on the fans feeling at the moment.

******* empty this clueless arrogant little boy. Never have Hearts been associated with anyone i've disliked as much as Cathro - and I have never hid that fact.

It's only just gone 24 hours! Any sensible board/business would sleep on it and let everyone come back in the following morning (as Notts has suggested) slightly less emotional and get the business done. Neither Ann nor Craig are stupid. Like many on here they will have wanted to see how he does with the team he's assembled over the summer and now they've got their answer. I'd be shocked if he's not away before Parkhead. Edited by JamboJen

Hobos and intellectual would be Mourihno's who still think can see something everyone else on planet doesn't.

In their own minds!

magicjohnston

It's the lack of fight and decent game plan that concerns me. Either the players aren't good enough to play the way he wants to play, so he changes his philosophy, or he can't get his ideas across and can't motivate. It's his arrogance that I can't stand, what he said after both our last two games were utterly shocking. No regard for the fans, and because of that he can gtf.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We've all had our vote not sure why we need to add anything more. Certainly not abuse

I was prepared to give him time, but that time is up for me.

It's not just the losses, it's the manner of the losses, insipid, directionless and dull.

I'd go as far as saying the whole experiment with a coach, reporting to a head coach has failed. Hearts are too big a club for this level of experimentation and too big a club for the acceptance of what's happening on the pitch. We've become a soft touch and everyone sees it, it's time for Ann Budge to show the ruthless streak she did when she first arrived.

Not going to vote on the poll as I said he should get a year in the job, but it's looking an impossible task now. It really ought not to have come to this before the league season has even begun. I was of the opinion that the LC games were just competitive pre-season friendlies, but we have been really poor in them...Not just a lack of improvement but actually we've gotten worse! or at least results have...

Just seems that Cathro has ideas and talks a lot about players adapting, but he shows no signs of adapting his own approach when things are patently not working. It is frustrating as he clearly has the capacity to learn but he's also got this Dundonian stubbornness or perhaps even egotistical self-belief,  which prevents him actually doing it.  When he talks, he acknowledges that he is still learning, but there are just no outward signs that he IS learning. It is unfortunate because he has essentially been given the chance that everyone would love to have, but he's really not approached it in the right manner. He's talked about "adapting and changing and being aggressive and playing attractive football", but his teams do none of these things... You don't fix a broken team by only buying defenders and strikers. Our midfield and GK also need strengthened and we just haven't done it.

Dropping Walker entirely from the squad and playing Souttar for more than the first half made it clear that anything less than a win yesterday was on the manager's shoulders....

Edited by Spellczech

It's the lack of fight and decent game plan that concerns me. Either the players aren't good enough to play the way he wants to play, so he changes his philosophy, or he can't get his ideas across and can't motivate. It's his arrogance that I can't stand, what he said after both our last two games were utterly shocking. No regard for the fans, and because of that he can gtf.

Arrogance is ok when you are clearly very good. people who new him in Dundee use the same description of him. I still remain unconvinced that this "way he wants to play" really exists by the way.

Glamorous Glue

I don't think Cathro has a competitive streak in him, no real urgency to win at all costs. Some people are like that but it's not a good trait for a football manager.

Rocky jamboa

Instead of paying compensation to get rid of Cathro, why not just move him to a coaching role, with a reduction in salary? Seems to be a fairly respected coach but doesn't have the leadership qualities and charisma required to be a manager.

Jambof3tornado

Instead of paying compensation to get rid of Cathro, why not just move him to a coaching role, with a reduction in salary? Seems to be a fairly respected coach but doesn't have the leadership qualities and charisma required to be a manager.

Why would cathro accept those terms?

Bazzas right boot

Lol, it's Sunday.

You just can't sack someone.

It's a legal process with a required due diligence element.

Calm your panties.

Rocky jamboa

Why would cathro accept those terms?

Keeps him in a job? Takes him out of the firing line? Gets him back to the role he is used to? Can't be much fun for him getting dogs abuse every game and he must surely realise he's not up to the job.

Ffs I give up. He literally emails me at my work after every post and tells me what he is going to post next laughing about it. You may have a different guy in mind but this guy with 360 posts is my pal who I speak to almost every single day. I have also worked with him and I even went to his daughter's christening. I think I know he is a Hibee redm.

Someone is pulling your leg, and pretty effectively too by sound of things.

OT isn't a hibs fan. I know OT and he's very much a Hearts supporter. This is all a bit mental tbh.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Keeps him in a job? Takes him out of the firing line? Gets him back to the role he is used to? Can't be much fun for him getting dogs abuse every game and he must surely realise he's not up to the job.

It might take a large bit of ego deflating first by Cathro to except a lesser role at the club. If the players are not taking on board what he says in the dressing room now I am not sure what he tells them in training will be implemented either.

Banderson's tweet means nothing. He just hasn't heard anything yet.

Best left untweeted.

Edited by martoon

This is classic online bullying - let's name and shame posters with a different view. Let's all get together and call them names in a pack. There is a reason that General Elections are private - to avoid pressure on voters to vote a certain way and so there can be no attacks against people. This poll is lacking credibility because it's public and because aggressive posts like this are not being removed. Fair play and total respect to the Hearts fans who voted against the angry mob despite the applied pressure to vote a certain way by many. I bet the actual figure that want Cathro's to get a bit longer to turn things round is more than the poll is showing. All we need now is a demand for the home addresses of those who voted 'stay' so we can go round with torches and pitchforks and then our retreat into the dark ages is complete.

Personally, I think Buffalo Bill's first post on this thread sums up my feelings perfectly so no need to repeat it. So, with some regret, Cathro should go now - this view has only been reached since yesterday's result. I won't vote on this farce of a poll though despite the fact I agree with the majority. These need to be private in future.

I agree, the poll being public means the results may not be accurate.

A simultaneous 'private' poll should be held now, to take peer-pressure out of the equation. Let's see how the results compare.

Edited by Hearts_fan

Lol, it's Sunday.

Calm your panties.

Correct.

And surely if there was any info leaked to journos about him getting fired then he could raise some sort of legal case?

I agree, the poll being public means the results may not be accurate.

A simultaneous 'private' poll should be held now, to take peer-pressure out of the equation. Let's see how the results compare.

To be fair a lot of people are asking "who the hell are the minority?" As a statement of shock. Not to actually know the names.

I doubt very very much that many people are voting out via 'peer pressure'!

Elias Henry Furst

He's resigned is what I've been told told. Announcement imminent.

I'd check your source, buddy.

Nookie Bear

Lol, it's Sunday.

Calm your panties.

You can tell a head coach that they are going to be relieved of their duties and arrange for their legal representatives to attend a meeting on Monday morning.

I am not sure of the relevance of it being Sunday.

Unknown user

I don't think Cathro has a competitive streak in him, no real urgency to win at all costs. Some people are like that but it's not a good trait for a football manager.

I think you're right, he has too much of an eye on the bigger picture, the longer term, and seems to forget we expect blood and snotters NOW, as a priority over a long term reinvention of the wheel.

Not going to vote on the poll as I said he should get a year in the job, but it's looking an impossible task now. It really ought not to have come to this before the league season has even begun. I was of the opinion that the LC games were just competitive pre-season friendlies, but we have been really poor in them...Not just a lack of improvement but actually we've gotten worse! or at least results have...

Just seems that Cathro has ideas and talks a lot about players adapting, but he shows no signs of adapting his own approach when things are patently not working. It is frustrating as he clearly has the capacity to learn but he's also got this Dundonian stubbornness or perhaps even egotistical self-belief, which prevents him actually doing it. When he talks, he acknowledges that he is still learning, but there are just no outward signs that he IS learning. It is unfortunate because he has essentially been given the chance that everyone would love to have, but he's really not approached it in the right manner. He's talked about "adapting and changing and being aggressive and playing attractive football", but his teams do none of these things... You don't fix a broken team by only buying defenders and strikers. Our midfield and GK also need strengthened and we just haven't done it.

Dropping Walker entirely from the squad and playing Souttar for more than the first half made it clear that anything less than a win yesterday was on the manager's shoulders....

You really have been out of touch by not knowing Cathro has been out of his depth.

It's only just gone 24 hours! Any sensible board/business would sleep on it and let everyone come back in the following morning (as Notts has suggested) slightly less emotional and get the business done. Neither Ann nor Craig are stupid. Like many on here they will have wanted to see how he does with the team he's assembled over the summer and now they've got their answer. I'd be shocked if he's not away before Parkhead.

So it's only been going downhill for 24 hours?

Cool.

Cathro should do the right thing and resign , he's well out of his depth and looks like there's no recovery .

Man or mouse?

Mouse comes to mind .

Stats are conclusive. Over 1000 voting is a large sample.

The media will run with this.

They would if it concerned Rangers. All that matters is that Cathro has almost every fan wanting him sacked and Ann Budge has to act with Levein leaving too as his Bootroom idea just has no chance of working.

I don't see Sunday as the day that such a decision either resignation or termination would be announced, it is not a full business day, and the impact I feel would be somewhat reduced.

The vote on here is heavy in favor of termination, but is like political polls it is just a sampling of a percentage of the population i.e Hearts supporters.

Ian Cathro has to this point been a dismal failure in his role at Hearts, the true fact is he should never have been appointed to the position in the first place.  Two parties are at fault, hearts for making the offer, and Cathro for accepting it.  I suspect as I have stated in the past that Cathro is a man of the future, the use of internet and web are more and more parts of life and soon will be the main component of life.  Other professional sports, particularly NHL hockey and NFL football have extensive staff members who analyse, study, pre scout, and other functions, I see this as the world Cathro will fit in, not todays world.