Connor Randall signs for Hearts

Chaps

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to give him 5 minutes to prove his worth, not a minute more.

3 mins more than some on here will :)

Welcome Conner,good luck for your Hearts career.

I'm going to give him 5 minutes to prove his worth, not a minute more.

Warm-up for me. If he mishits even one practice pass I'll pass judgement on him as a dud and will exert my right as a fan to boo him every time he appears on the pitch. Or even if I just see him up town.

If lots of folk go to games with your attitude it could become a self-fulfilling prophesy. That's what happened to Hibs. The negativity and pessimism from the terraces affected their team. They were beaten before every derby basically. When the confidence came back on the terraces the team responded. We should be better than that though.

Hahaha, aye it's Hendricks and his likes fault Cathro and Levein can't do their job properly! You couldn't make this shit up.

I don't know squat about him. Have never seen him play but I'm outraged we've signed him instead of a goalkeeper [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha, aye it's Hendricks and his likes fault Cathro and Levein can't do their job properly! You couldn't make this shit up.

So you don't think fans on terraces influence games? Not much point going then really.

But it's accurate. We might not want to believe it least of all me.

As mentioned in the thread. Aberdeen have rich people plenty of prize money and best friend with Celtic making both popular with their fans. Celtic really will not deal with us unless of course we make an offer they can't refuse. Financially we are getting healthier but not to the point we can chuck it about

This is the same regime who have spunked hundreds of thousands on the likes of Oshinawa, Sammon, Martin to name but 3, as well as bringing in some extremely experienced international players on big money in January?!!! Aye, we are talking about the same club right. Your point about Aberdeen having money to spend may indeed be valid but your point about Hearts not being able to compete with them for the likes of GMS and Christie is complete nonsense. The issue isn't the money we have available the issue is our largely haphazard and clueless transfer policy!

So you don't think fans on terraces influence games? Not much point going then really.

When one argument fails go off on some complete tangent. It's the Socrates way! Lol.

jambo in iraq

In hi interview the interviewer stated he's here to play midfield. Can we shut up about him being a right back already? If he's good enough to be in the Liverpool first team and get 8 games for them by 21 then he's good enough for us- on paper. Could be quality could struggle. He is the right age though. I see him being full of energy and fight to win a good contract after leaving liverpool or.even to win a spot in the Liverpool team as it's his final chance to stay with his boyhood heroes. We have 21 year olds that can't get into the hearts first team that people want given a chance but are writing this guy off?! Mentsl

SPOT ON!

This is the same regime who have spunked hundreds of thousands on the likes of Oshinawa, Sammon, Martin to name but 3, as well as bringing in some extremely experienced international players on big money in January?!!! Aye, we are talking about the same club right. Your point about Aberdeen having money to spend may indeed be valid but your point about Hearts not being able to compete with them for the likes of GMS and Christie is complete nonsense. The issue isn't the money we have available the issue is our largely haphazard and clueless transfer policy!

Christie's on loan and already had a relationship with Aberdeen. GMS was on a fortune at Celtic and a move to a Hearts still in rebuilding mode over a relatively stable Aberdeen in Europe may not have appealed. If you want to be angry about GMS, be angry we didn't get him from Airdrie. I'm also interested to know where GMS would play for us as Walker is still here. If we had money from Walker I would have thought we could have gone for GMS if we knew he was available. 

That said, GMS is much older than I thought and would not be a like for like replacement for Walker in terms of what he could bring to the team. More of a replacement for Nicolson, but with the wing back system wingers aren't a priority.

Warm-up for me. If he mishits even one practice pass I'll pass judgement on him as a dud and will exert my right as a fan to boo him every time he appears on the pitch. Or even if I just see him up town.

I believe you'll find "get him emptied" is the correct terminology for this scenario.

Nookie Bear

Palazuelos left before Wallace iirc. Grainger had been signed before Wallace left, but Wallace did leave before the first game of the season I'm sure.

*insert gif of Homer Simpson backing into a hedge here*

Palazuelos left before Wallace iirc. Grainger had been signed before Wallace left, but Wallace did leave before the first game of the season I'm sure.

Wallace Left us on the Tuesday or Wednesday (possibly as late as Thursday) and sat on the bench AGAINST us on the Saturday (Obua at Ibrox)

Still not sure how that worked

gashauskis9

No offence to the guy, know very little about him, but I'm getting ****ed off with us signing players with versatility. In football terms that translates to 'not very good at any one position'. We need a good creative midfielder who is shite in other positions.

When one argument fails go off on some complete tangent. It's the Socrates way! Lol.

We were literally talking about the effect fans have on teams.

Good luck to the laddie and like all our signings I'll get right behind them and support them when they pull that jersey on.

andyscott82

*insert gif of Homer Simpson backing into a hedge here*

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I think Palazeulos was playing left back because Wallace was out injured for a chunk of the season, so that's probably where your train of thought wandered off to.

Hackney Hearts

No offence to the guy, know very little about him, but I'm getting ****ed off with us signing players with versatility. In football terms that translates to 'not very good at any one position'. We need a good creative midfielder who is shite in other positions.

Rudi Skacel was versatile. Other clubs played him at full back.

The Future's Maroon

Some posts on this thread, wow.

He's a young lad who was deemed good enough for a few first team games with Liverpool, can't be bad at all in my eyes yet some already writing him off? I despair at this place at times.

I hope that he turns out to be really good, enjoys his time here, falls for the club and gets out of his contract at Liverpool as he has been told he has no future under Klopp.

Let's try support new signings rather than right them off, before they even sign.

We were literally talking about the effect fans have on teams.

No we weren't, you as is your want went off on some tangent attributing what you perceive to be my negativity (in actual fact in usually right and it's the reality!) as some sort of excuse/reason for Hearts massively underperforming both on the field and in the way we do our transfer business.

Anyhoo it's plainly obvious we have very different expectations of how the club should be going about things in a football sense and are far apart in our views of how the next couple of months will go. I hope I'm the one eating my words and will acknowledge if I've misjudged the strength of the team/squad and Cathro's ability to put a team together. I fully expect us to beat Dunfermline on Saturday (and probably draw Rantic away) but the big tests are coming in the league!

This is not "our midfield signing"

Bookmark it thanks.

I agree with this but hope the "midfield signing" does not arrive too late to save Cathro his job. I also hope that Djoum/Walker or both depart we are looking at more than one player but at this stage who knows.

https://youtu.be/y2AKYm6-Js0

You can make anyone look like anything wit some video editing, but this doesn't fill me with much confidence.

If people don't like Buaben, they're not going to like this guy by the looks of things :lol:

Good luck Connor, hopefully you're our best loan signing since Ricardo fuller

Watt-Zeefuik

Welcome to Hearts, Connor, but beware, we're not always this cheerful and carefree... :-O

gashauskis9

https://youtu.be/y2AKYm6-Js0

You can make anyone look like anything wit some video editing, but this doesn't fill me with much confidence.

If people don't like Buaben, they're not going to like this guy by the looks of things :lol:

A video of a guy just passing backwards. Difficult to come to any conclusions to be honest.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I take it he's been signed too late to feature in the squad tomorrow?

It's not a signing I'm hugely excited about but I suppose we do need cover, and if he can play a number of positions then great.

I am very hopeful this will be a great signing. I don't think we would have signed him at this stage unless we were sure that he would do well for us.

I like the players we have signed so far this year,... the quality of the squad is much better than last year.

I take it he's been signed too late to feature in the squad tomorrow?

It's not a signing I'm hugely excited about but I suppose we do need cover, and if he can play a number of positions then great.

Probably as he hasn't trained with the team so at best bench

Mind Celtic registered Sinclair at like 10am before they played us at 12 last year so who knows

maybe his sidekick Hopkirk will help him if he gets caught out :tiny:

Was one of them not dead ? LOL .

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I take your point. A lot of hindsight though Hendricks.

Bazzas right boot

Some posts on this thread, wow.

He's a young lad who was deemed good enough for a few first team games with Liverpool, can't be bad at all in my eyes yet some already writing him off? I despair at this place at times.

I hope that he turns out to be really good, enjoys his time here, falls for the club and gets out of his contract at Liverpool as he has been told he has no future under Klopp.

Let's try support new signings rather than right them off, before they even sign.

We have been a great support in many  ways, but utter dug shite at this in the past few years.

the big show

I take your point. A lot of hindsight though Hendricks.

IT is not hindsight though , This window aside the bigger % of our transfer dealings have been within the foreign market , we have signed british players but overall the bigger % is foreign .

My pal who is a Liverpool fan he would be surprised if he played in midfield.

He did say tbat he "is a player" and he was expecting him to challenge Clyne for the right back position at Liverpool this season.

He did say tbat he "is a player" and he was expecting him to challenge Clyne for the right back position at Liverpool this season.

Klopp has converted quite a few players to different roles.

Perhaps this is why they are sending him on loan - to master a new position they see him playing in longer term?

waynefozzie

This signing pretty much proves we're relegated already. Total joke from Leveen, Cathy and the hippy. Obviously I'd never heard of the chump before today, which pretty much says it all. He isn't a player who has looked OKish in the Scottish championship at times, and we can afford him, so WTF are they thinking about? We should have signed Sibald or Ian Black or that guy from Morton.

Challenge England International Clyne? I don't think so somehow.

siegementality

This signing pretty much proves we're relegated already. Total joke from Leveen, Cathy and the hippy. Obviously I'd never heard of the chump before today, which pretty much says it all. He isn't a player who has looked OKish in the Scottish championship at times, and we can afford him, so WTF are they thinking about? We should have signed Sibald or Ian Black or that guy from Morton.

A signing that proves we are relegated, interesting.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

IT is not hindsight though , This window aside the bigger % of our transfer dealings have been within the foreign market , we have signed british players but overall the bigger % is foreign .

Value for money. Or at least that was the plan and seemed ok for a bit

Bazzas right boot

62470646.jpg

Archived