Connor Randall signs for Hearts

Chaps

"Ian wanted me to bring a lot of energy and a work rate to the team. I think that?s what any manager wants. I know the fans definitely want that because I saw it on Saturday. They just want someone to work and give everything for the shirt."

I found the above quote quite telling for two reasons.

1st, him saying Cathro wanted him to bring energy and work rate and him saying that all managers want that. Exactly. And I'm not sure Cathro was really sure what he wanted out of specific players bar working hard. Somehow we failed in that respect any way.

2nd, though I assumed it would be obvious, he confirms the players are aware of the fans desire for them to get in about it so why do they come across as lackadaisical as ****.

"These matches are away from home but it?s a game of footy, isn?t it? It?s the same thing.?

Exactly mate. We need more of that attitude away from home imo. Let's get over this psychological nonsense away from home.

I did note a comment Jon Daly made in the pre match I think it was where he said he was trying to keep things simple all week in training and not over complicating things.

That might suggest that Cathro was complicating things and as a result the players were not responding on the pitch despite what they said about enjoying training.

Randall sounds like he has got the message loud and clear hopefully he shows the way to the others.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks fairly clear that he'll be a starter tomorrow

Good,

Inject some energy and enthusiasm into the team.

Get Prince out. He'll get torn apart, too slow.

In saying that, we'll get torn apart anyway.

Darlo_Jambo

I did note a comment Jon Daly made in the pre match I think it was where he said he was trying to keep things simple all week in training and not over complicating things.

That might suggest that Cathro was complicating things and as a result the players were not responding on the pitch despite what they said about enjoying training.

Randall sounds like he has got the message loud and clear hopefully he shows the way to the others.

Think it's a given that most footballers are simple souls. Sadly I think most players - the elite excepted - struggle with anything different beyond the 4-4-2, get the ball out wide, hit the byline and cross it in to the big centre forward. end of. type tactics.

keep it simple, like the players. wouldn't surprise me if Djoum, Martin et al suddenly come back to life and look different players under a new boss.

Think it's a given that most footballers are simple souls. Sadly I think most players - the elite excepted - struggle with anything different beyond the 4-4-2, get the ball out wide, hit the byline and cross it in to the big centre forward. end of. type tactics.

keep it simple, like the players. wouldn't surprise me if Djoum, Martin et al suddenly come back to life and look different players under a new boss.

We can live in hope.

I think that could be the case, did Cathro not say he wanted to play possession football in the opponents half? Whereas what we saw was possession football in our own half before launching it long. I don't know exactly how Cathro wanted his team to play but I think it's clear he was unable to get his message across on match day.

Good,

Inject some energy and enthusiasm into the team.

Get Prince out. He'll get torn apart, too slow.

In saying that, we'll get torn apart anyway.

Unfortunately prince will start too!! :lol:

I think that could be the case, did Cathro not say he wanted to play possession football in the opponents half? Whereas what we saw was possession football in our own half before launching it long. I don't know exactly how Cathro wanted his team to play but I think it's clear he was unable to get his message across on match day.

Yes, perhaps he was trying too much too soon. We will never know now though.

The main thing is though that the players come off that park tomorrow having given 100% effort and even if they lose it will be an improvement from the shambles of the last few weeks.

AlphonseCapone

You can picture that. I think Cathro probably has done great ideas up in his head but just can't convey them in a way your standard footballer can take on board into a game.

There's a saying about football being a simple game at heart. I'm glad we are going to back to keeping it simple.

Archived