Connor Randall signs for Hearts

Chaps

I do support the team by paying for my season ticket every year, donating to the club every month and to kickback.

I support the team on the pitch when I am at the games but I don't like what is going on and can air my views on here just as much as you can moan about not liking them.

That is what theses boards are all about people's opinions and unfortunately we don't all have the same ones.

That's no problem mate, you are of course entitled to your opinion, I am just pissed off with the usual roasters on here, jumping on the bandwagon when we lose a game, but were conspicuous by their absence when we were winning the earlier matches.

I am sorry it was you that got my ire as there are far more deserving cases on this board and there are obviously the ones that I wonder why they even associate themselves with our club. 

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is the best we can do for a midfielder then we should just give up.Aberdeen and even Hibs will walk all over us.

Looks like we're not going to be getting the massive midfield overhaul that we need.

Window doesnt close till August 31st 

Fully aware of that.

Do you honestly see us bringing in 2 or 3 players of higher quality than we have at that moment even in that timeframe? I don't.

Seems like a completely pointless signing but Cathro probably knows the guy more than we do. Our midfield is an utter shambles and the fans are already on the verge of trying to oust the guy.

Good luck Connor. You'll need it.

If we are singing a full-back not good enough for the Liverpool development side to come in and sort our midfield then of course he will need good luck.

This guy could be great, he could be a disaster, we will see, what I don't get is the negativity.

We don't have one player that could get near the Liverpool team yet we think one that has is a disappointing signing.....

Interesting...

3 or 4 more shite results and the manager's arse might be oot the window before then though and he must know that! 

If this is the best we can do for a midfielder then we should just give up.Aberdeen and even Hibs will walk all over us.

No doubt you will have a detailed dossier on this guy who is still on Liverpool's books to back up the pish you are spouting, while we still have Walker & Djoum in our midfield and you think Hibs will walk over us..... :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Fully aware of that.

Do you honestly see us bringing in 2 or 3 players of higher quality than we have at that moment even in that timeframe? I don't.

you never know,

as mentioned previously, some better players like to keep there options open and usually dont sign up till nearer the end of the window

you never know,

as mentioned previously, some better players like to keep there options open and usually dont sign up till nearer the end of the window

you never know,

Might happen. Trying to stay positive.

With this current set of players, i don't think Cathro will get to 12 games.

While I disagree with how he's put it, he's not that far out.

We haven't exactly competed in that area with Aberdeen & Hibs, with both Walker & Djoum in it.

They need supplemented in there, that much is evident.

Exactly. Djoum hid in many games or basically lacked motivation.

He's one of those players that frustrate because you know they have the ability but neither the heart or consistency to go with it.

Is Walker even what you'd call a midfielder?

A midfielder to me is pretty much an all rounder but needs to have attitude. Midfielders vary when it comes to their strongest part of their game (attacking or defending etc..) but you must have a competitive edge, guts and a bit intelligence to play there.

Guys like Walker would thrive with a much better central midfield.

That's no problem mate, you are of course entitled to your opinion, I am just pissed off with the usual roasters on here, jumping on the bandwagon when we lose a game, but were conspicuous by their absence when we were winning the earlier matches.

I am sorry it was you that got my ire as there are far more deserving cases on this board and there are obviously the ones that I wonder why they even associate themselves with our club. 

No problem. At least we can agree that we want Hearts to be the best they can be on and off the pitch. Here's hoping the new lad and our other signings do well.

Fully aware of that.

Looks very much like we are just going for a Goalkeeper and that's it.

No problem. At least we can agree that we want Hearts to be the best they can be on and off the pitch. Here's hoping the new lad and our other signings do well.

:spoton:

:spoton: twice.

Djoum was invisible in the 4-1 sevco game.

Did he even play?

sure he just returned from AFCON

Captain America

Did he even play?

sure he just returned from AFCON

Nope, Line up that day was:   Hearts

• 1Hamilton
  • 27Struna
  • 19Nowak - Avlonitis
  • 5Hughes
  • 46Sowah
  • 7Walker
  • 15Cowie
  • 6Kitchen
  • 88Martin - Tziolis
  • 20Johnsen - Nicholson
  • 77Esmael Gon?alves

Substitutes

• 4Tziolis
  • 11Nicholson
  • 12Avlonitis
  • 13Noring
  • 16El Ouriachi
  • 22Beith
  • 24Smith

Yeah literally was. Have no idea why I put that game.

Possibly a sign to stop drinking after work and go home now. :facepalm:

The sentiment was there. :o

If Djoum found his form from 2015/16 when he first joined again, he would be one of the best CMs in the league 

Nope, Line up that day was:   Hearts

• 1Hamilton
  • 27Struna
  • 19Nowak - Avlonitis
  • 5Hughes
  • 46Sowah
  • 7Walker
  • 15Cowie
  • 6Kitchen
  • 88Martin - Tziolis
  • 20Johnsen - Nicholson
  • 77Esmael Gon?alves

Substitutes

• 4Tziolis
  • 11Nicholson
  • 12Avlonitis
  • 13Noring
  • 16El Ouriachi
  • 22Beith
  • 24Smith

How the **** we managed to hammer Rangers with this squad is beyond me

Escobar PHM

Season has started.

Why don't people understand the importance of getting your squad finished early. Anything we are signing now SHOULD be little gambles or wee bargains that came up. We shouldn't be this short of completion, especially in midfield and still hunting for a No1 choice keeper at this stage. Its just wrong and there is no real need or excuse for it, given that we've known the shortcomings since the turn of the year.

Signing people at the latter end of this window might well be too late to recover a bad start. Every possibility it will be too late for Cathro to keep his job that's for sure.

Malcolm Tucker

Why don't people understand the importance of getting your squad finished early. Anything we are signing now SHOULD be little gambles or wee bargains that came up. We shouldn't be this short of completion, especially in midfield and still hunting for a No1 choice keeper at this stage. Its just wrong and there is no real need or excuse for it, given that we've known the shortcomings since the turn of the year.

Why don't people understand that you're more likely to get cheaper deals for players you wouldn't normally be able to afford if you wait until towards the end of a window?

Glamorous Glue

Exactly. A new keeper should have been training and playing with the defence all pre season.

Glamorous Glue

Why don't people understand that you're more likely to get cheaper deals for players you wouldn't normally be able to afford if you wait until towards the end of a window?

So we are looking at players out of our price range in the hope that we might be able to sign them if they have no better offer? That's a sensible policy

Malcolm Tucker

So we are looking at players out of our price range in the hope that we might be able to sign them if they have no better offer? That's a sensible policy

What's more likely is the players who are currently within our price range aren't deemed good enough. This happens at every club all over the world. Ideally we'd get all the players in on day 1 of the transfer window but that's not how football works. Them's the breaks.

Gene Parmesan

It is actually. How else will you get players that can take your team up a level, without damaging your finances?

Escobar PHM

Because its utter nonsense. What you actually get at the end of the window is the stuff left on the shelf that no-one really wanted. Out of contract over-rated wastrels whos agent spent the summer pricing them out of a decent move. The burd no-one wanted to dance with if you like.

yes, but it is possible to sign between the 5th of august and the 31st.

Correct, but we could also get the players needed before the start of season.

Malcolm Tucker

Because its utter nonsense. What you actually get at the end of the window is the stuff left on the shelf that no-one really wanted. The burd no-one wanted to dance with if you like.

It's not though. John Souttar is a good example of what you can get if you wait. As I said, ideally all business would be done on day 1 but that is not how football works.

How the **** we managed to hammer Rangers with this squad is beyond me

Because the new signings were still 'fresh/new' at the club, a couple of weeks under Cathro/Levein and look what happened.

Because the new signings were still 'fresh/new' at the club, a couple of weeks under Cathro/Levein and look what happened.

or.....

they where trying for the first few weeks to impress, 

then after the hibs defeat the couldnt give a **** about the maroon jersey they where playing in?

Looks like we're not going to be getting the massive midfield overhaul that we need.

Maybe that's on hold because of the increased costs of the stand

Because its utter nonsense. What you actually get at the end of the window is the stuff left on the shelf that no-one really wanted. Out of contract over-rated wastrels whos agent spent the summer pricing them out of a decent move. The burd no-one wanted to dance with if you like.

So you hedge your bets at the start of the dance and head straight to the useless munter, guraranteed to say yes, to ensure you get your dance? Is that sensible? If the lad has been at Liverpool for this long and signed another contract extension in 2015, then I look forward to cheering him on when he makes his debut.

Glamorous Glue

It is actually. How else will you get players that can take your team up a level, without damaging your finances?

That's fine for the odd player that you might get as a one off like Djoum. We are a week from the season starting and have no keeper and a big gap in the midfield. If these higher quality players (assuming they exist) don't arrive in the end, we are snookered.

A club like ours should be buying the best within our budget and developing them through good coaching and management. We've done this many times in the past - Cameron, McCann, Fulton, Webster, Weir, Pressley, etc.

Big Liverpool fan at my work thinks he's not bad - not going to make it with them but thinks he should do well up here.

I've never seen him play so I'll take his word for it.

There is no club who get all of their players signed before the start of the season..and I mean no club

People are just making up reasons left right and centre to have a moan at the club, DoF and manager never mind the

scouting system.

There are also many top class players who move at the end of the transfer window....relative of course to the level the club is playing at

Escobar PHM

It's not though. John Souttar is a good example of what you can get if you wait. As I said, ideally all business would be done on day 1 but that is not how football works.

LOL. Souttar was signed as a development signing at the original asking price (equal to what anyone else would have had to pay as a development fee) and we only got it done one window early because we got Swanson off the books on the last day of the window.

If Djoum found his form from 2015/16 when he first joined again, he would be one of the best CMs in the league

This. Since he signed that new contract he's done **** all. Don't think we've had any luck with players from Africa

Escobar PHM

So you hedge your bets at the start of the dance and head straight to the useless munter, guraranteed to say yes, to ensure you get your dance? Is that sensible? If the lad has been at Liverpool for this long and signed another contract extension in 2015, then I look forward to cheering him on when he makes his debut.

I know nothing about the Liverpool laddie and thus have not cast judgement on him. If he's good enough and makes a difference I don't have a problem with him being signed.

Usless munters are not something I'd consider dancing with at the start of the night, the middle of the night, or the end of the night. Neither should Hearts

HillmanHearts

Because they played the same slow paced namby pamby guff that we did last season - hence they got shot of the mad hatter.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Genuine question.

Who is it we should have signed by now that we haven't?

I know nothing about the Liverpool laddie and thus have not cast judgement on him. If he's good enough and makes a difference I don't have a problem with him being signed.

Usless munters are not something I'd consider dancing with at the start of the night, the middle of the night, or the end of the night. Neither should Hearts

So you would hold out for a decent girl to come along to dance with? See where I am going with this one .... ?

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Definitely not going to write this guy off before a ball has been kicked but he's just been penned in as a character in the script of a seemingly very negative narrative arc called the Cathro era. Maybe he can play an anti-hero like Lafferty though,so good luck to him.

You get the Djoum of THAT Motherwell game, or the one where he received plaudits from across the football spectrum for his Cameroon performances, we don't need another creative mid.

Personally, someone to clean up the crap and do the donkey work, will let him concentrate on what he's actually there for.

Opinions vary on what's needed of course. But, if his attitude somehow returns to him, & he plays the way he/we can, like against Rangers in the 4-1 game(Walker too) that area takes care of itself and we become a far more potent weapon.

Randall signing doesn't bother me, we'll find out about him soon enough. I dunno why, but I just have a sneaky feeling there's 2-3 more high/decent signings coming by August's end. If Cathro's here to integrate them into the team by then...

Very much agree.

"Clean up the crap" you need that, any team needs that. At the moment I don't know what our thinking is?

New signings apart and looking at what we have just now, do we think we are above that? Why are we abandoning the basics of midfield?

Certainly if we think the players we have just now can do that job then our judgement is f*****.

As we speak it looks like we are making moves to shore up that area and we can only hope our judgement is better. We've added better quality in other areas but now it's catch up for midfield.

Archived