Connor Randall signs for Hearts

Chaps

Bazzas right boot

Have been saying this for a couple of weeks. The Budget was virtually all spent on Lafferty.

It really wasn't, whats he on ?30k a week!

Osh, Kitchen the two Greek lads, Struna  would have all been on good wages. We have also let go Sam, Sowah, Paterson and Choudly and Reilly.

We have no debt, and have had 14k st holders for two seasons. 

We are not skint and the budget wasn't spent on 1 player.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Osh, Kitchen the two Greek lads, Struna  would have all been on good wages. We have also let go Sam, Sowah, Paterson and Choudly and Reilly.

We have a decent budget -  the 4th or 5th biggest after the OF, Aberdeen and Hibs (although I think they look to be cutting their cloth a bit - at the worst possible time). The main thing for this discussion is our budget is a lot less than Aberdeen's, which is relevant because everyone seems to think we should have signed the players Aberdeen did.

Tokyo Drifter

Intrigued to see whether Cathro thinks he's going to be best deployed in defence or midfield. Clearly not a natural goalscorer, which is a worry if it's the latter.

Still, don't wanna prejudge the lad, and his pedigree's good.

Bazzas right boot

Read my above posts.

Cuckoo land bar Sibbald. Cadden possible but only if we find a few hundred thousand between us.

40 quid each from the FOH and we are in

Your question was who could we have signed that we haven't.

Sammon chose us over Aberdeen last year, I am unsure that the financial gap is as big as some think. The accounts this year will clarify this, I expect the gap to be much smaller than last year.

Folk like Osh, Kitchen, the Greek guys and Struna were not playing for peanuts, nor are folk like Lafferty and Berra.

We have already paid around ?170k for a player last year, so spending around ?300 k ( Patterson money and a year further on) is hardly beyond  us if we chose to do so.

No reason why we couldn't have had  the likes of GMS, Allan or the two  above.

Osh, Kitchen the two Greek lads, Struna would have all been on good wages. We have also let go Sam, Sowah, Paterson and Choudly and Reilly.

Believe me it was and took more than expected to secure the signature. Moving players on now is the only way we will see higher profile players coming on board.

Thing is... we already have a few very good midfielders. They aren't always very good of course. We could probably do with a more attacking, direct type of player. Importantly though, we have the likes of Cowie, Buaben, Djoum and Walker and they all need to be paid. As do our other midfield options. It will probably have to wait until some of these move on before we get any midfield overhaul. He's a bit young right now but maybe we can get some action from Cochrane.

We could go all Hibs amd overspend to get more in now but they don't come with a guarantee.

Because its utter nonsense. What you actually get at the end of the window is the stuff left on the shelf that no-one really wanted. Out of contract over-rated wastrels whos agent spent the summer pricing them out of a decent move. The burd no-one wanted to dance with if you like.

Real Madrid signed Gareth Bale in September

the jambo poet

Welcome Connor Randall. Good luck lad you may need it. Here's hoping he's coming here to progress his career/fulfil his potential that Liverpool have obviously seen in him. Hopefully he can bring a bit of steel, pace and a bit of vision to our midfield. Let's give him a chance.

Hope he does well and any criticism of his signing is not aimed at the player. He is just trying to get his career moving in the right direction and on the face of it a season long move to Hearts is a good one for him. In reality I'm massively underwhelmed IF this is the midfield signing we are making and can only hope this opportunity came up and Liverpool are paying the vast majority of his wages to get him out on loan. Therefore meaning we are still able to bring in a main midfield signing, someone ready to go straight into the team and take control of the middle of the park. Otherwise once again the transfer window has been unsatisfactory and we are going to pay for it in terms of results very quickly. Cathro and Levein will have nobody to blame but themselves.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

According to wiki he couldn't get a regular start for Shrewsbury Town.

rick witter

Osh, Kitchen the two Greek lads, Struna would have all been on good wages. We have also let go Sam, Sowah, Paterson and Choudly and Reilly.

Bang on mate,

There is no way we spent the majority of our playing budget on one player.

We have released a massive amount of players many of whom would have been on good wages.

I don't think our wage bill at the moment even with lafferty is more than what it was after we signed 9 players in January.

There is money there definitely and it's up to Cathro and Levein to get some experienced players in to to help and we all know the positions we need. Even with Randall I think we still need 3 more players to be competitive this season.

rudi must stay

but he has also played a few games for a strong Liverpool side under Jurgen Klopp, hard to know what to think. Hopefully he gets plenty of chances to impress this season

Rudi's Left Peg

If anyone is considering writing him off based on Liverpool fans criticisms, remember Shay Logan was released by Man City at 21 after 3 years of mainly playing for u23s. Was not highly thought of. Outside of Lustig he is the best right back in our league by a mile.

EPL failure means nothing in this league. Jody Morris another decent example.

but he has also played a few games for a strong Liverpool side under Jurgen Klopp, hard to know what to think. Hopefully he gets plenty of chances to impress this season

If Jurgen Klopp has picked him that's good enough for me.

Another silly point just simply trying to troll or put the boot in

A one month loan deal at 19

Nookie Bear

This is just nonsense. When utd signed Robertson we were literally days from administration and banned from signing players.

I don't mind folk having a go at the club over every little thing if it's what gives you your kicks but people are just making things up these days

Hold my hands up if I got the timeline wrong in Robertson but we definitely left ourselves exposed when Wallace left.

Hold my hands up if I got the timeline wrong in Robertson but we definitely left ourselves exposed when Wallace left.

No doubt but I'm not sure it's fair or relevant to compare the dog days of the Romanov era to today's set-up. Levein and Budge will make mistakes of course but the rush to criticise is getting boring and is pretty self-defeating.

GMS went for 150k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We didn't have Hayes to offer the other way though. You'd be naive to think the two weren't connected.

In all likelihood he won't get a regular start for us either. Just can't get my head around why we have not been way way more organized this summer given the disastrous run last season and the fact they are quickly going to be under pressure this. Makes no sense that we are flailing around making signings like this. They will have nobody to blame but themselves when it goes tits up.

In all likelihood he won't get a regular start for us either. Just can't get my head around why we have not been way way more organized this summer given the disastrous run last season and the fact they are quickly going to be under pressure this. Makes no sense that we are flailing around making signings like this. They will have nobody to blas? but themselves when it goes tits up.

Wishful thinking from you, aye?

Lmao at this complete and utter nonsense with regard Hearts and Celtic not doing business with one another. Celtic don't want any of our players and who can blame them but the idea that they would rather sell to Aberdeen, who have been the only threat whatsoever to them over the last couple of seasons rather than Hearts is laughable. They had players available who would have strengthened us immeasurably and we failed to go and get them. Simple as that.

Malcolm Tucker

Lmao at this complete and utter nonsense with regard Hearts and Celtic not doing business with one another. Celtic don't want any of our players and who can blame them but the idea that they would rather sell to Aberdeen, who have been the only threat whatsoever to them over the last couple of seasons rather than Hearts is laughable. They had players available who would have strengthened us immeasurably and we failed to go and get them. Simple as that.

We cannot afford GMS or Christie's wages. Aberdeen can - as well as Greg Stewart's - because they got investment from a multi-millionaire just after McInnes patched Sunderland.

Simple as that.

JamboCampbell

Think this lad could prove alot of people wrong and become a perm signing.

He loves a fight and can move. Couod be a perfect fit alongside Cowie and Djoum.

Granted we need another but give the boy a chance!

rudi must stay

He can certainly pass a ball.............backwards!

http://youtu.be/y2AKYm6-Js0

some wonderful backwards passes there. The Hearts support will enjoy watching some of those in a Hearts shirt, particularly at Tynecastle

Heartsofgold

Intrigued to see whether Cathro thinks he's going to be best deployed in defence or midfield. Clearly not a natural goalscorer, which is a worry if it's the latter.

Still, don't wanna prejudge the lad, and his pedigree's good.

We have goal scorers, what we need is a consistent supply from a creative player for them to feed off.   We are weak in midfield and need some spine in there.

Wishful thinking from you, aye?

Aye, I want Hearts to be a shambles, that's why I spend time on here, have attended more than 900 matches, spent thousands following us all over Europe and have bled maroon since my Dad first took me to Tynecastle!

But I'll say it like I believe it to be and so far, with now 8 days till we play Celtic (and that's giving them a pass for the league cup games) we are well short of what we required this summer for any kind of decent season. I've already made my predictions in the first 11 games thread, Unlike your prediction of 22pts including 15pts from 24 away from home I've gone for a more realistic 12.

We cannot afford GMS or Christie's wages. Aberdeen can - as well as Greg Stewart's - because they got investment from a multi-millionaire just after McInnes patched Sunderland.

Simple as that.

Sorry, don't believe that for a second.

some wonderful backwards passes there. The Hearts support will enjoy watching some of those in a Hearts shirt, particularly at Tynecastle

Perhaps that's what Jurgen Klopp asked him to do. You know, Jurgen Klopp. One of the world's best football managers.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Your question was who could we have signed that we haven't.

Sammon chose us over Aberdeen last year, I am unsure that the financial gap is as big as some think. The accounts this year will clarify this, I expect the gap to be much smaller than last year.

Folk like Osh, Kitchen, the Greek guys and Struna were not playing for peanuts, nor are folk like Lafferty and Berra.

We have already paid around ?170k for a player last year, so spending around ?300 k ( Patterson money and a year further on) is hardly beyond us if we chose to do so.

No reason why we couldn't have had the likes of GMS, Allan or the two above.

Read my above posts. Celtic. Not happening. Understand the politics

Reckon we'll have a midfield ace up our sleeve still.

Hope so.

Can't see why we've signed Randall when M Smith looks to be a solid acquisition in the same position.

We need a centre midfielder to replace Buaben and a keeper to replace Hamilton.

Howdy Doody Jambo

No 56 is a good omen it's a sign

good luck son

Welcome to the super Hearts

Aye, I want Hearts to be a shambles, that's why I spend time on here, have attended more than 900 matches, spent thousands following us all over Europe and have bled maroon since my Dad first took me to Tynecastle!

But I'll say it like I believe it to be and so far, with now 8 days till we play Celtic (and that's giving them a pass for the league cup games) we are well short of what we required this summer for any kind of decent season. I've already made my predictions in the first 11 games thread, Unlike your prediction of 22pts including 15pts from 24 away from home I've gone for a more realistic 12.

If lots of folk go to games with your attitude it could become a self-fulfilling prophesy. That's what happened to Hibs. The negativity and pessimism from the terraces affected their team. They were beaten before every derby basically. When the confidence came back on the terraces the team responded. We should be better than that though.

You're in denial then. Aberdeen are in a much stronger financial position right now and have been for 4 or 5 years for very obvious reasons. That doesn't mean that will continue to be the case though. We're at a turning point where we'll be challenging for the same signings again before long.

Do people genuinely think we should not sign available forward/defence cover until we sign 2 mids and a keeper?

Everyone must surely know that we can work on multiple transfers at once.

You give some of your fellow posters too much credit.

In hi interview the interviewer stated he's here to play midfield. Can we shut up about him being a right back already? If he's good enough to be in the Liverpool first team and get 8 games for them by 21 then he's good enough for us- on paper. Could be quality could struggle. He is the right age though. I see him being full of energy and fight to win a good contract after leaving liverpool or.even to win a spot in the Liverpool team as it's his final chance to stay with his boyhood heroes. We have 21 year olds that can't get into the hearts first team that people want given a chance but are writing this guy off?! Mentsl

I'm going to give him 5 minutes to prove his worth, not a minute more.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

But it's accurate. We might not want to believe it least of all me.

As mentioned in the thread. Aberdeen have rich people plenty of prize money and best friend with Celtic making both popular with their fans. Celtic really will not deal with us unless of course we make an offer they can't refuse. Financially we are getting healthier but not to the point we can chuck it about

jamboinglasgow

I dont get this place sometimes. A video is posted of his Premier league debut at full back where he has been obviously been told to be careful hence passing  often to the centre back and its taken as that is the best bits of his career. I made a mistake earlier that I based on some posts here what I thought he was like,

Anyway, welcome to Hearts Connor, hope he becomes a great signing.

Hope so.

Can't see why we've signed Randall when M Smith looks to be a solid acquisition in the same position.

We need a centre midfielder to replace Buaben and a keeper to replace Hamilton.

It's a squad game. In Randall and Grizzly we have two adaptable players who look like they have energy and can play wing back or midfield. A more creative type is needed, unless we are relying on Walker and Martin. That's risky as one might leave and the other hasn't really made the position his own yet.

andyscott82

Palazuelos left before Wallace iirc. Grainger had been signed before Wallace left, but Wallace did leave before the first game of the season I'm sure.

Archived