Connor Randall signs for Hearts

Chaps

Genuine question.

Who is it we should have signed by now that we haven't?

cesc fabregas, paul pogba, luka modric, arturo vidal, ivan rakatic, mersut ozil, david silva and eden hazard. 

:sob:

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You missed Di Rossi for that combative Midfield role then ... but there is always kickback fans favourite Sibbald to be hopeful for ;)

Genuine question.

In realistic terms Greg Stewart and Gary Mackay-Steven would be 2 examples

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I suspected these would be 2 names.

Stewart massively out of our wage bracket and probably the other one too plus his fee.

Aberdeen have fresh investment paying these. Pumping millions in.

Let alone the notion Celtic ever trading with us on our terms. Add Rangers to that.

Celtic and Aberdeen are currently in cahoots to keep Rangers at bay

Stewart massively out of our wage bracket and probably the other one too plus his fee.

Let alone the notion Celtic ever trading with us on our terms. Add Rangers to that.

Given we are paying some of our players more than Stewart I doubt your reasoning re money

Of course other clubs have to want to sell as well but given Aberdeen were Celtics closest rivals I doubt had we gone in for them with conviction we could not at least have made the player make a decision

Do people genuinely think we should not sign available forward/defence cover until we sign 2 mids and a keeper?

Everyone must surely know that we can work on multiple transfers at once.

Gene Parmesan

We couldn't afford either. Aberdeen only got Stewart because of a big cash injection from an American multi-millionaire.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Given we are paying some of our players more than Stewart I doubt your reasoning re money

Of course other clubs have to want to sell as well but given Aberdeen were Celtics closest rivals I doubt had we gone in for them with conviction we could not at least have made the player make a decision

Budget spent on Lafferty. Not sure on your information but Stewart in the words of his manager was getting paid outwith the means of SPFL clubs.

Boom Aberdeen millionaire turns up professing he will keep them competitive.

Why don't people understand that you're more likely to get cheaper deals for players you wouldn't normally be able to afford if you wait until towards the end of a window?

Why don't people understand that hardly ever happens. More often than not we end up with the dregs or nobody.

Budget spent on Lafferty. Not sure on your information but Stewart in the words of his manager was getting paid outwith the means of SPFL clubs.

I know Aberdeen are paying ?100,000 as a loan fee for him but the wages we could have managed

Players like him may have just increased season ticket sales by a few hundred which would have covered the costs.

Decent signings boost the feel good factor and of course the quality of the side...I just feel we could push the boat out one more time for players such as the 2 mentioned..whether they would have signed is of course a different matter

We are still a club that will need to move players on to get new/better quality players in

In talking to potential signing I'd imagine some signings might be dependent on Sammon, Johnsen and possibly others moving on

That's the reality

Watt-Zeefuik

How the **** we managed to hammer Rangers with this squad is beyond me

Rangers were shit and still are. We never should have finished behind them -- anything other than a historically worst second half of the season and we would have been in the mix for third.

Liverpool say defender, Hearts say midfielder.

A promising beginning.

This is a quote from Liverpool FC Website about him.

Randall relishes attacking teams down the right flank and he is always looking to use his strength to carry the ball into opposition territory and burst into the penalty area.

Maybe we are going to play him as a winger. It also said this.

The youngster also possesses a great passing range and the ability to pick the perfect pass.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We are still a club that will need to move players on to get new/better quality players in

In talking to potential signing I'd imagine some signings might be dependent on Sammon, Johnsen and possibly others moving on

That's the reality

Add in funding deficit on the stand reality is frustration.

Anderson exclusive though. Hens teeth

Buffalo Bill

Good luck to the guy. I'll judge him after I've seen him play, not before.

rudi must stay

Good luck to him. A much needed signing in our midfield, and if he is indeed hungry for first team football and to improve he should be a useful addition

This is a quote from Liverpool FC Website about him.

Randall relishes attacking teams down the right flank and he is always looking to use his strength to carry the ball into opposition territory and burst into the penalty area.

Maybe we are going to play him as a winger. It also said this.

The youngster also possesses a great passing range and the ability to pick the perfect pass.

Let us hope he shows all of those things.

Randall, 21, can play in midfield and defence and Hearts coach Ian Cathro said he and his staff had been tracking him "probably since we arrived".

"Connor is a very hungry young player," explained Cathro. "He has experience in a number of positions and brings a great intensity to his play.

"Athletically he is excellent. He is a player that I am really pleased to have been able to bring."

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Klopp gave him a contract almost immediately. Looks as if he has something but probably nothing close to Epl standards.

Wait and see. Can't be worse than Buaben

heartsfc_fan

Welcome to him. I actually think he'll do very well.

Keeper now please.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Good luck to the boy but this is signs we're struggling financially. Now with 2 loan signings if there's any more it's time to start really worrying.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Did any of the people screaming that we should be signing midfield players bother to read the article where it clearly says -

The 21-year-old is able to play in defence and midfield

Oh great. Versatile = not very good in any position.

Good luck to the guy. I'll judge him after I've seen him play, not before.

Exactly. The first 4 pages of this thread are horrendous.

Morgaro Gomis

Good luck to the boy but this is signs we're struggling financially. Now with 2 loan signings if there's any more it's time to start really worrying.

No it doesn't. For instance, do you think that Aberdeen are struggling financially?

Clark Griswold

Surely you're at it here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randall, 21, can play in midfield and defence and Hearts coach Ian Cathro said he and his staff had been tracking him "probably since we arrived".

"Connor is a very hungry young player," explained Cathro. "He has experience in a number of positions and brings a great intensity to his play.

"Athletically he is excellent. He is a player that I am really pleased to have been able to bring."

I normally read that some 'who brings a great intensity to his play' is the sort of guy who likes to get stuck in and might pick up a few bookings.

I'd quite like that in all honestly, I think we're soft as a side and teams aren't afraid of us any more. Someone with a bit of dig might give us that wee edge in midfield we need.

All roads lead to Gorgie

By the reports he sounds the like a player who can bring a bit of energy to the team. We seriously lacked players like that since losing Paterson so I am pleased he has signed but again let's wait and see how good he actually is. Best of luck at the club Connor.

Have been saying this for a couple of weeks. The Budget was virtually all spent on Lafferty.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

No it doesn't. For instance, do you think that Aberdeen are struggling financially?

This isn't Greg Stewart or Ryan Christie. Players that have been on substantial contracts. This is a guy that will be on a few grand a week and I would seriously doubt we're paying much of his wages.

I thought we were holding out for big name signings. Cathro has enough problems getting players on permanent deals to play for him.

Klopp gave him a contract almost immediately. Looks as if he has something but probably nothing close to Epl standards.

Wait and see. Can't be worse than Buaben

He's bound to be quicker at least.

Bazzas right boot

Genuine question.

Allan,Cadden, Christie, Henderson, Sibald ( sp) GMS, Stewart, The St Mirren lad, McGinn would all have improved us and gave us something we  are missing.

Anyway, welcome young man.

Really have no  idea whether you'll be great, good or shite.

Good luck and hope you can add something to us.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I normally read that some 'who brings a great intensity to his play' is the sort of guy who likes to get stuck in and might pick up a few bookings.

I'd quite like that in all honestly, I think we're soft as a side and teams aren't afraid of us any more. Someone with a bit of dig might give us that wee edge in midfield we need.

Bang on. What Shinnie does for Aberdeen and McGinn for Hibs and both have played as full back.

He might not be as good but he could even be better.

Time will tell.

It's like when we knew for months that Lee Wallace was going to leave and we didn't bother planning for it all, ending up playing Palazuelos at left back!

Meanwhile, Dundee Utd went out and bought Andrew Robertson...

This is just nonsense. When utd signed Robertson we were literally days from administration and banned from signing players.

I don't mind folk having a go at the club over every little thing if it's what gives you your kicks but people are just making things up these days

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Allan,Cadden, Christie, Henderson, Sibald ( sp) GMS, Stewart, The St Mirren lad, McGinn would all have improved us and gave us something we are missing.

Anyway, welcome young man.

Really have no idea whether you'll be great, good or shite.

Good luck and hope you can add something to us.

Read my above posts.

Cuckoo land bar Sibbald. Cadden possible but only if we find a few hundred thousand between us.

40 quid each from the FOH and we are in

There are some really deluded people who forget we're still midway through rebuilding, have a stand to pay for, and are competing for signings with clubs with much bigger wage budgets than us.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Another Conner ..... boooo.

Randall isn't an obscure fish is it?

Archived