Connor Randall signs for Hearts

Chaps

gashauskis9

With the new system of 3-4-3 we dont really need a defensive mid but then if Cathro changes to a different formation then he may fit in there.

A midfielder who can also play RB (and more often by the looks of it) sounds defensive to me (although I was rightfully corrected last night when someone reminded me that Skacel first came as a midfielder who also plays LB). Can only judge on what I've seen and he looks quite static and cautious (bit similar to Kitchen, always looking for the ball but also never looking forward). I wish the lad well, hope he becomes a favourite and look forward to seeing him play, but I'm still baffled by the signing. We need creativity, not versatility, so I'm concerned also for Beith and Cochrane's development here.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This lad must have something about him.

Good chance he will show it up here.

Might be the nippy bitey CM I think we are lacking.

Just need the creative one now if that's the case.

This lad must have something about him.

Good chance he will show it up here.

Might be the nippy bitey CM I think we are lacking.

Just need the creative one now if that's the case.

i think we have plenty creativity in walker, djoum and Martin. For me it's physicality we lack in midfield as the 3 I've mentioned above have no dig. Randall might be the perfect fit to allow the other guys the freedom to play if he is doing the dirty work.

Fullback isn't an issue. Sort the ******* midfield out ffs. 

Hear, hear ******* hear.

i think we have plenty creativity in walker, djoum and Martin. For me it's physicality we lack in midfield as the 3 I've mentioned above have no dig. Randall might be the perfect fit to allow the other guys the freedom to play if he is doing the dirty work.

Say what?????

Please talk me through our great creativity in the recent game v Peterhead and the 2nd half of last season.

Say what?????

Please talk me through our great creativity in the recent game v Peterhead and the 2nd half of last season.

The problem in midfield is we don't compete enough so have little control of the game. Walker, Djoum and Martin have plenty creativity but in Scotland you have to win the battle first and unfortunately they are very soft. If we can get a someone with a bit aggression who can win some battles in beside them it will allow them to concentrate more on what they are good at.

The problem in midfield is we don't compete enough so have little control of the game. Walker, Djoum and Martin have plenty creativity but in Scotland you have to win the battle first and unfortunately they are very soft. If we can get a someone with a bit aggression who can win some battles in beside them it will allow them to concentrate more on what they are good at.

Hmmmmmm.

Agree with the first part but I don't agree that our "creative " players make enough chances when we're on top. Walker is so inconsistent, Djoum has been awful and Martin just hasn't worked out. We need to improve on these 3 if we're going to compete with the better teams in our league.

Hmmmmmm.

Agree with the first part but I don't agree that our "creative " players make enough chances when we're on top. Walker is so inconsistent, Djoum has been awful and Martin just hasn't worked out. We need to improve on these 3 if we're going to compete with the better teams in our league.

An on form Walker and Djoum definitely have enough creativity it's up to the coach to get the best out of them. Most teams in our league would bite your hands of to have players off their quality. Jury is still out on Martin but he has shown quality in little cameos. I think midfield is all about balance and adding some steel to it will help the creative players.

Haha, it is indeed a sign of the times when the stupidest nonsense I could think of seems a plausible kickback post. In fact, I'm relieved it didn't get a few 'spot on', 'excellent post' type responses!

Wasted a fairly good gif saved for a hobo.

:seething:

:lol:

heartsfc_fan

I think he'll be a good acquisition.

I also like our British transfer policy now. Look at Aberdeen, apart from Arnison the rest of the team is British. Certainly hasn't done them any harm.

An on form Walker and Djoum definitely have enough creativity it's up to the coach to get the best out of them. Most teams in our league would bite your hands of to have players off their quality. Jury is still out on Martin but he has shown quality in little cameos. I think midfield is all about balance and adding some steel to it will help the creative players.

How can the manager get the best out of players who don't want to be there?

Notice a few, what appear to be scousers calling him Lord Randall? On Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've no idea but he has used Walker in every game so far so he must believe he can get the best out of him. All I'm saying is we do have creative players and I think adding a bit of dig in midfield will help them.

sorry double post

A midfielder who can also play RB (and more often by the looks of it) sounds defensive to me (although I was rightfully corrected last night when someone reminded me that Skacel first came as a midfielder who also plays LB). Can only judge on what I've seen and he looks quite static and cautious (bit similar to Kitchen, always looking for the ball but also never looking forward). I wish the lad well, hope he becomes a favourite and look forward to seeing him play, but I'm still baffled by the signing. We need creativity, not versatility, so I'm concerned also for Beith and Cochrane's development here.

This is taken straight from the Liverpool FC Website.

Connor Randall is a local-born right-back who has been at the Academy since he was six years old.

An England youth international, he was previously captain of the U18s.

Randall made an appearance for the first team at the end of 2013-14 when he featured in the friendly win at Shamrock Rovers.

Randall relishes attacking teams down the right flank and he is always looking to use his strength to carry the ball into opposition territory and burst into the penalty area.

The youngster also possesses a great passing range and the ability to pick the perfect pass.

The Scouser was handed his debut by J?rgen Klopp when he featured at right-back during the Capital One Cup victory over AFC Bournemouth.

It was announced on July 28 2017 that Randall would be spending the 2017-18 season on loan in Scotland with Hearts.

This is taken straight from the Liverpool FC Website.

Connor Randall is a local-born right-back who has been at the Academy since he was six years old.

An England youth international, he was previously captain of the U18s.

Randall made an appearance for the first team at the end of 2013-14 when he featured in the friendly win at Shamrock Rovers.

Randall relishes attacking teams down the right flank and he is always looking to use his strength to carry the ball into opposition territory and burst into the penalty area.

The youngster also possesses a great passing range and the ability to pick the perfect pass.

The Scouser was handed his debut by J?rgen Klopp when he featured at right-back during the Capital One Cup victory over AFC Bournemouth.

It was announced on July 28 2017 that Randall would be spending the 2017-18 season on loan in Scotland with Hearts.

Basically what we have been crying out for

Hungry hippo

Yeah. A captain for Liverpool at youth level who has been picked a few times by Klopp for the first team.

Sounds very much like he deserves a shot and I'm really struggling to understand why anyone is immediately righting him off.

Yeah. A captain for Liverpool at youth level who has been picked a few times by Klopp for the first team.

Sounds very much like he deserves a shot and I'm really struggling to understand why anyone is immediately righting him off.

We have not really had success with the loan system so I can see why people are sceptical. Me personally I am beginning to like the sound of this lad and I hope he turns out well.

Brick Tamland

I'll go with Klopps experience with this rather than some weapons grade arsehole posters on this thread.

Really looking forward to the seeing the lad play in maroon.

Absolutely, yet still the roasters bitch and complain about the management team, this guy has come from Liverpool football club and been on their books since the ripe old age of 6.

I am not saying he will break through into Liverpool's first team but I am happy that we have him on a season loan to help us and him progress and Mr Klopp don't be a stranger if this works out.

johnking123

May not make it at Liverpool. Could do well for us and want to stay. Same with the boy from man city

Geoff Kilpatrick

Absolutely, yet still the roasters bitch and complain about the management team, this guy has come from Liverpool football club and been on their books since the ripe old age of 6.

I am not saying he will break through into Liverpool's first team but I am happy that we have him on a season loan to help us and him progress and Mr Klopp don't be a stranger if this works out.

Yes, imagine "bitching" and "complaining" about utterly dreadful results and performances. We have a Liverpool reserve on our books for the season!

Deary me.

John mcCartney

writing chief yeah

looking forward to connor playing in maroon,great pedigree

Yes, imagine "bitching" and "complaining" about utterly dreadful results and performances. We have a Liverpool reserve on our books for the season!

Deary me.

Get back in your box, skippy.

Of course if it was a Man Utd reserve, you would be knocking one out.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Get back in your box, skippy.

Of course if it was a Man Utd reserve, you would be knocking one out.

Like Michael Stewart you mean?

Signing him didn't change my opinion of Craig Levein or Chris Robinson, just as an example. I thought he was a good signing at that time but he underperformed.

PS Your "skippy" patter is quite tragic.

hibsarepants

Good news my scouse relatives who are all Reds - like Randall , unanimoius comment - Good Player. Like the Man City player I saw play in the Newcastle friendly , he will be playing at a level well above what everyone else is.

According to Cathro we needed a midfielder and he signed Randall to play in MF.  Yesterday he never got a sniff and sat out the game on the bench.  That now means he could make his debut in the Celtic game which, given his inexperience at this level, is a risky business and if it fails Cathro will invite more criticism to his door.  Surely the lad should have got at least the last 20 minutes yesterday if IC rates him, especially with the MF playing rubbish.

Martin has done little of note since arriving and many excused him saying he lacked match fitness.  Six months have gone and we still don't have him fit enough to start a match apparently.

Whatever happens we need to do some serious thinking about our MF before next Saturday and any signings will have to be of the "hit the ground running" type.  I could be hiding behind the settee on Saturday.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Signing a joker like this is basically confirming we'll be a bottom six at best side this season.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Good news my scouse relatives who are all Reds - like Randall , unanimoius comment - Good Player. Like the Man City player I saw play in the Newcastle friendly , he will be playing at a level well above what everyone else is.

They must be happy clappers like many on here.

Check social media to see what Liverpool fans really think of this boy. Absolutely humpty.

Jambof3tornado

Randall should have been thrown on after Buabans 6th misplaced pass/miscontrolled ball in a row.

I'm sure man manager cathro will see fit to throw him into the game at celtic park.

rudi must stay

Randall should have been thrown on after Buabans 6th misplaced pass/miscontrolled ball in a row.

I'm sure man manager cathro will see fit to throw him into the game at celtic park.

Was quite happy he didn't bring him on. We're not a good crowd for backing new players and he probably didn't know most of his team mates yet. Expected Cathro to bring him on, as that would have gone with his mess of a management style, but luckily he was right there

Jambof3tornado

Was quite happy he didn't bring him on. We're not a good crowd for backing new players and he probably didn't know most of his team mates yet. Expected Cathro to bring him on, as that would have gone with his mess of a management style, but luckily he was right there

Buaban played like he didnt know any of his team mates either!!

In fact at times he looked like he had never kicked a ball before.

We signed a guy 24 hours before a game whose

Pre season will be at least 2 or 3 weeks behind ours and who knows duck all about any of our players or training or system and people

Are having a pop at Cathro for not playing

Him?

There's plenty enough ammo other than this.

Winston Ingram

We signed a guy 24 hours before a game whose

Pre season will be at least 2 or 3 weeks behind ours and who knows duck all about any of our players or training or system and people

Are having a pop at Cathro for not playing

Him?

There's plenty enough ammo other than this.

Probably stick him on bench in hope of giving him 15 minutes if we were cruising.

The reality: Souttar had to be a sub (at whatever point), Stockton another as we chased goals. Martin on basis he might create something. His subs were fair enough, apart from not hooking Souttar at half time.

They must be happy clappers like many on here.

Check social media to see what Liverpool fans really think of this boy. Absolutely humpty.

An absolutely awful way of getting your information about any subject, not just football.

Idiots shout louder on social media, and hardly anything can be taken at face value.

maroonlegions

I'll go with Klopps experience with this rather than some weapons grade arsehole posters on this thread.

Really looking forward to the seeing the lad play in maroon.

This. Some spending far too much time on FIFA football manager.  :laugh4:

maroonlegions

According to Cathro we needed a midfielder and he signed Randall to play in MF.  Yesterday he never got a sniff and sat out the game on the bench.  That now means he could make his debut in the Celtic game which, given his inexperience at this level, is a risky business and if it fails Cathro will invite more criticism to his door.  Surely the lad should have got at least the last 20 minutes yesterday if IC rates him, especially with the MF playing rubbish.

Martin has done little of note since arriving and many excused him saying he lacked match fitness.  Six months have gone and we still don't have him fit enough to start a match apparently.

Whatever happens we need to do some serious thinking about our MF before next Saturday and any signings will have to be of the "hit the ground running" type.  I could be hiding behind the settee on Saturday.

Randall did come at some point in the game yesterday, sue i heard him being announced by Scot Wilson when  he came on?? 

Bazzas right boot

Maybe, I'm more concerned that Price, Novak, Djoum all start ahead of Martin.

Martin would have been ideal for games v lower leagues as we have allot of the ball, yet he doesn't play.

I understand him not playing v harder opposition as he looked light weight last season.

4 year deal and he can't play when Walker is dropped and we are at home against lower division opposition, needing to win. The mind boggles.

AlphonseCapone

"Ian wanted me to bring a lot of energy and a work rate to the team. I think that?s what any manager wants. I know the fans definitely want that because I saw it on Saturday. They just want someone to work and give everything for the shirt."

I found the above quote quite telling for two reasons.

1st, him saying Cathro wanted him to bring energy and work rate and him saying that all managers want that. Exactly. And I'm not sure Cathro was really sure what he wanted out of specific players bar working hard. Somehow we failed in that respect any way.

2nd, though I assumed it would be obvious, he confirms the players are aware of the fans desire for them to get in about it so why do they come across as lackadaisical as ****.

"These matches are away from home but it?s a game of footy, isn?t it? It?s the same thing.?

Exactly mate. We need more of that attitude away from home imo. Let's get over this psychological nonsense away from home.

yabadabadoo1874again

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/connor-randall-ready-for-hearts-baptism-of-fire-1-4521691

Hopefully add a bit of energy to the midfield and help speed up our pedestrian like play

It seems impossible that they could be any slower...treacle like or entirely MIA ...speed and energy required so just perhaps he's the missing ingredient? Here's hoping !!

Auld Reekin'

It seems impossible that they could be any slower...treacle like or entirely MIA ...speed and energy required so just perhaps he's the missing ingredient? Here's hoping !!

Hope so! If he does play though he'll need to watch himself, keep his discipline and not get caught-up in any feuds or give the ref any reason to wave cards at him, and be aware of Scott "Missing Link" Broon's inevitable attempts at winding-up and intimidation. Good luck to the lad.

Archived