Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

avhudtheteeshirt

We always new he would excel down south, but it was always going to be how he reacted after such a bad injury.

If he gets first team games and continues like this he could get his big time move he craved!!!

2 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Do we have a sell-on clause in the deal?

Yes, but unsure of what the percentage is.  Rumoured to be between 10% and 15% as far as I can remember, but don't think it was ever actually announced.

Cracking gesture from a player who was out of contract - can't think of that happening with many other players!

14 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Yes, but unsure of what the percentage is.  Rumoured to be between 10% and 15% as far as I can remember, but don't think it was ever actually announced.

Cracking gesture from a player who was out of contract - can't think of that happening with many other players!

EEN claimed it was 15%

Could be in for a few million if things keep going the way they are :whistling:

maroonnicky63
54 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

We always new he would excel down south, but it was always going to be how he reacted after such a bad injury.

If he gets first team games and continues like this he could get his big time move he craved!!!

Where does the we come into this , this guy took more stick on here then any other player. He was called shite on numerous occasion and told to GTF and get rid as he was useless and would never play at a higher level than Hearts.

He did get loads of support on here also but looking at some of the names on the posters on here really makes me chuckle, talk about short memories excuse me while I vomit..

letsalldothebeattie

Great to see hes getting back to full fitness now. The sooner Cardiff get him in the first team the better it will be for us as a nation. The last few games of the campaign showed we desperately missed him at right back as good as Tierney is he is not a right back

avhudtheteeshirt
3 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Where does the we come into this , this guy took more stick on here then any other player. He was called shite on numerous occasion and told to GTF and get rid as he was useless and would never play at a higher level than Hearts.

He did get loads of support on here also but looking at some of the names on the posters on here really makes me chuckle, talk about short memories excuse me while I vomit..

I know your right in what you say, but over the years Hearts have had other players who were in the same situation and just walked away, it does not make them bad players, it just means they are either looking after No. 1 or have been given advice by a 3rd party  of better things?

In Callum's situation we were looking to get a good pay day in the January window and as we lost that, a lot of fans turned on him when he said he would not be resigning and it is to be expected as he was turning his back on their club!

He himself took a big risk in not resigning, as he was unsure if the injury was going to be career threatening or if he would get back to where he was with us.

As for the big WE, if you check this forum in a year or two's time, most of the derision will have subsided and the same people will be saying that Hearts made him what he is!!!!

On 07/06/2017 at 3:57 PM, Mr Sifter said:

Take it there is no sell on value as part of FIFA regulations in Development Fees?

Good question, although I'd imagine not. He's ultimately no longer ours to negotiate a sell on fee over. Mores the pity...

He negotiated a sell on fee so we could get quite a bit more thanormal the  £400k in the future

maroonnicky63
18 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

I know your right in what you say, but over the years Hearts have had other players who were in the same situation and just walked away, it does not make them bad players, it just means they are either looking after No. 1 or have been given advice by a 3rd party  of better things?

In Callum's situation we were looking to get a good pay day in the January window and as we lost that, a lot of fans turned on him when he said he would not be resigning and it is to be expected as he was turning his back on their club!

He himself took a big risk in not resigning, as he was unsure if the injury was going to be career threatening or if he would get back to where he was with us.

As for the big WE, if you check this forum in a year or two's time, most of the derision will have subsided and the same people will be saying that Hearts made him what he is!!!!

cant argue with that mate and spot on but remember one thing Callum would have signed if had given him a decent offer and that was down to Hearts at that time trying to penny pinch and Callum was not a happy bunny at the offer I can tell you. I know a few will come on here and say that this is rubbish but it is spot on, we got peanuts for a top top player

You just know he's going to take the Championship by storm. EPL next season for him is a very real possibility. He's a great advert for our club.

Edited by socrates82

31 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

cant argue with that mate and spot on but remember one thing Callum would have signed if had given him a decent offer and that was down to Hearts at that time trying to penny pinch and Callum was not a happy bunny at the offer I can tell you. I know a few will come on here and say that this is rubbish but it is spot on, we got peanuts for a top top player

Sorry but that's just wrong. He said very early on that he wanted to go down south and it didn't matter what Hearts offered him. He will go on to be a real star and we will get millions when he is sold on anyway

maroonnicky63
On 10/10/2017 at 17:14, XB52 said:

Sorry but that's just wrong. He said very early on that he wanted to go down south and it didn't matter what Hearts offered him. He will go on to be a real star and we will get millions when he is sold on anyway

i can assure you this is correct he did want to go down south but he would have signed an extension 

Would be very surprised if he wasn’t in the Cardiff 18 tomorrow night for their trip to Birmingham.

warnock said a few weeks ago he would be considered after the international break and he’s played 4 or so games for the u23’s

its live on sky 

3 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

i can assure you this is correct he did want to go down south but he would have signed an extension 

At 2k; 4k; 5k; or 10k per week?

14 hours ago, heyjude1 said:

"Not yet...we're not pushing him and we don't need him at the minute. We want him to be 100%"

"He's just got to keep doing what he's doing...if I felt I needed him on the bench I would do"

Cardiff City: Defender Callum Paterson available for first time

Callum Paterson

London-born Callum Paterson (left) has won five caps for Scotland after making his debut against Italy in May 2016

Cardiff City signing summer Callum Paterson is finally ready to join the Bluebirds squad ahead of their trip to Middlesbrough.

Scotland defender Paterson, who joined from Hearts, has yet to play in 2017 because of a knee ligament injury which has sidelined him since December 2016.

Boss Neil Warnock says team selection will not be swayed by a second loss of the season at Birmingham last Friday.

"I don't panic about changes for the sake of it," he said.

"I think you look at the opposition and how they play and work out how the best way is to try and get a result really."

Warnock is keen to incorporate Paterson, who will travel to Boro ahead of appearing in a development game on Monday.

"He's frustrated at the minute, [he] kicks one or two people in training because he's not getting a game, but I think long-term he will be a big favourite," Warnock said.

Cardiff have not lost two consecutive games this season and Warnock says he is impressed with the response he has seen since the defeat at St Andrews.

"There are one or two lads busting a gut to get in the team at the minute. It's good," he added.

"This week there has been very good competition and there have been some real cracking performances [in training]."

Warnock believes there is less mystery about Middlesbrough, managed by former Swansea boss Garry Monk, than with Birmingham, who were playing for the first time under new manager Steve Cotterill.

"We did not know what a new manager would bring at Birmingham - six changes and three players that have never played before," said Warnock.

"It was difficult, we probably blame ourselves a little bit staff wise. But we have no excuse at Middlesbrough we know they are a good side we have to be prepared better and be ready for that."

Winger Kadeem Harris is set to be sidelined for another three or four weeks with a hairline fracture of the ankle suffered in training.

I've always liked Warnock, loving the way he talks about Callum.

Hearts have missed a trick not getting him as a manager in thee past, 

He makes his teams tough *******s (mentally and physically).

The London-born bit is a bit weird and irrelevant, especially in a Welsh newspaper. I didn't even know that. Unless it makes him perceived a better player - none of those pesky Scottish genetics to hold him back!

Edited by socrates82

28 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

The London-born bit is a bit weird and irrelevant, especially in a Welsh newspaper. I didn't even know that. Unless it makes him perceived a better player - none of those pesky Scottish genetics to hold him back!

I knew :tongue:

John mcCartney

he was born to a scots ancestered woman from zimbabwe/south africa  and had/would split from her english husband when callum was born,middlesex iirc (from matey
who has the same background)
they moved to south queensferry and the rest is........

6 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

he was born to a scots ancestered woman from zimbabwe/south africa  and had/would split from her english husband when callum was born,middlesex iirc (from matey

I've seen less talented players play for England so am surprised more wasn't made of the English connection considering Scotland and England were supposed to be in a tug of war over Andy Driver (bit laughable with hindsight).

57 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

his story...

:pleased:

3 hours ago, socrates82 said:

I've seen less talented players play for England so am surprised more wasn't made of the English connection considering Scotland and England were supposed to be in a tug of war over Andy Driver (bit laughable with hindsight).

I agree entirely that Callum is good enough to play for England but disagree with the Andy Driver part: he was utterly superb for a while and the hype was justified.  

5 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I agree entirely that Callum is good enough to play for England but disagree with the Andy Driver part: he was utterly superb for a while and the hype was justified.  

Indeed, and we turned down 3 million from Twente too (which was confirmed on their website despite not being made public in Scotland)

Great to see him back at 1st team level.  I think the fact he got on the pitch at all, and at such a critical point of a narrowly lead game, shows he's going to be firmly in Warnock's plans.  Well done to the big man.  A great advert for Hearts too.

22 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Great to see him back at 1st team level.  I think the fact he got on the pitch at all, and at such a critical point of a narrowly lead game, shows he's going to be firmly in Warnock's plans.  Well done to the big man.  A great advert for Hearts too.

Exactly this.  

19 hours ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I don't think Driver was ever in with a realistic shout to play for England. They have much more dynamic and skilful players in that position. He was more than good enough for Scotland until his injury though.

Great to see CP make his debut. Warnock seems to be gagging to get him involved.

Edited by socrates82

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I fecking miss him so much. 

How we didn't end up with millions for him just sums up our luck as a club. 

You miss him so much?,

Hearts have missed a whole lot more.

Such a vital player that he is virtually impossible to replace.

8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

A lot of people seemed fed up with him when he left but I love players like him, whole hearted, aggressive and confident. 

For all that he's good in the air going forward and scores goals, I always thought he was actually fairly rubbish in the air defending corners and what have you, he loses his personal battle a bit too often for me. But that's something they'll work on at the level he's at now and he could go on to have a great career

Edited by Smithee

2 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

I don't think Driver was ever in with a realistic shout to play for England. They have much more dynamic and skilful players in that position. He was more than good enough for Scotland until his injury though.

Yeah, I would probably agree with that. 

Guest Paul Allen

I seem to remember being at Fir Park when Darren Randolph cleaned out Paterson is a Harald Schumacher-esque challenge a few years ago so it's a pity Paterson didn't get on earlier and score/assist to get a nice bit of revenge on his debut for Cardiff.

17 hours ago, indianajones said:

He played 150+ games for us, scored roughly once every 4 games.  Not bad for a guy who was a right back.

It would be great to get the cash, but that's 4 seasons contribution to our cause.  We could have done worse. 

Delighted to see Callum back playing, looking forward to the range of dumb-ass celebrations he's come up with while rehabilitating......

Edited by naeclue
spelling....