Paterson at Cardiff ( merged )

kila

6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Get ten goals from right back, a few more caps.

£15m move

Add promotion and some good performances/goals in the epl and that fee goes up very quickly.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Portable Badger
3 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

I see Cardiff are playing Forest on Sunday, when Callum’s studs may or may not be re-acquainted with Jason Cummings’ shins!

Great to see he is now getting on the scoresheet and the valuation starts rising. 

Tempted to go and watch CP against Cumdog -  there'll only be one winner

9 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

I see Cardiff are playing Forest on Sunday, when Callum’s studs may or may not be re-acquainted with Jason Cummings’ shins!

Nah. First team starts, and goals, for Forest seem to be as rare for Cummings as a CP muted goal celebration. He'll be back up the road before long.

Edited by socrates82

Fantastic news.  If is the biggest word in the language but if Cardiff go on to have a great season and CP is a big part of that he really will have a high value.  If one of the big clubs take a liking to him the sky's the limit.

Love to see him stay injury free and bang in 10 or 12 goals.

Chuffed to bits for him.  Outstanding talent with a top attitude. Speaks volumes that we became utterly shite when he got injured. Carried the entire team for months before that too 

42 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

**** I miss Paterson

:sob:

This big time.Hope he really pushes on down there.Great manager to help him achieve his potential as well.

3 minutes ago, ellsman said:

This big time.Hope he really pushes on down there.Great manager to help him achieve his potential as well.

Who is the manager?

29 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

On the negative side, Cumdog doesn't seem to be getting much of a look in at Forest.

Always found it a strange move for Cummings, think he will be the next to fall foul of the Hibernian overhype PR machine and be back at ER on loan for the next 3 seasons.

5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Always found it a strange move for Cummings, think he will be the next to fall foul of the Hibernian overhype PR machine and be back at ER on loan for the next 3 seasons.

Celtic will sign him and loan him out to their wee pals.  That is usually how it works.

8 minutes ago, ellsman said:

Neil Warnock

Warnock:

"I'm delighted for Callum [Paterson]. He's worked hard over the last 10 months to get back to fitness. I was going to pull him off four times but he kept going so I'm glad I didn’t”

bloody hell! Motivational!!

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Warnock:

"I'm delighted for Callum [Paterson]. He's worked hard over the last 10 months to get back to fitness. I was going to pull him off four times but he kept going so I'm glad I didn’t”

Thats the sign of a good manager imo. Many's the time Callum was having a mare for us then he'd pop up and get us a result. 

well done cp" well deserved. top lad

10 minutes ago, ellsman said:

Thats the sign of a good manager imo. Many's the time Callum was having a mare for us then he'd pop up and get us a result. 

35 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Warnock:

B2A9ECFB-5381-4FCA-BD12-1F06F89C853C.gif

Edited by CBjambo

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Warnock:

Placid Casual
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Warnock: "I was going to pull him off four times but he kept going so I'm glad I didn’t”

Warnock is an experienced pair of hands...

:oohmatron:

Cumdog v the good doctor on Sunday except Cumdog is unlikely to play whereas our Callum will be right in the thick of it.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Chuffed to bits for him.  Outstanding talent with a top attitude. Speaks volumes that we became utterly shite when he got injured. Carried the entire team for months before that too 

Spot on lad.

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I think it's his attitude above any other qualities that he has that will get him to the top.

Reading the Cardiff forum, they can clearly see they have an absolute gem, double figure goals and promotion and he'll be away for £20M!  We develop him, they take him for 18 months and scoop £18M.  Brutal!

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You’re bang on mate

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Reading the Cardiff forum, they can clearly see they have an absolute gem, double figure goals and promotion and he'll be away for £20M!  We develop him, they take him for 18 months and scoop £18M.  Brutal!

Is he playing up front or Defence? Think we have a 20% sell on clause do we not?

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Is he playing up front or Defence? Think we have a 20% sell on clause do we not?

He was right midfield last night, came in because of injury apparently. 

I think it's 10% IIRC, and we only got it because he asked for it, not because we were entitled. Good lad. 

9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

On the negative side, Cumdog doesn't seem to be getting much of a look in at Forest.

We should try and get him on loan in January. Imagine the seethe at the Methadome

It's not beyond reasoning that if Cardiff go up and he has a good season he could fetch 15- 25 million which would be massive for us.

Also makes us seem more attractive to teams looking at our "conveyor belt" 

21 minutes ago, Bozi said:

It's not beyond reasoning that if Cardiff go up and he has a good season he could fetch 15- 25 million which would be massive for us.

Conveyor Belt, are you having a laugh?

Captain Canada

Delighted for him. I'm sure he'll keep getting better and establish himself as an important player as Cardiff go for promotion this season.

scott herbertson

From Cardiff forum

Who was your man of the match v Barnsley away?

Poll runs till Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Neil Etheridge
6%
Bruno Manga
19%
Sean Morrison
No votes
Sol Bamba
11%
Joe Bennett
No votes
Aron Gunnarsson
No votes
Joe Ralls
2%
Craig Bryson
9%
Callum Paterson
49%
Junior Hoilett
No votes
Danny Ward
No votes
Loic Damour (sub)
No votes
Frederic Gounongbe (sub)
4%

Total votes : 47

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

From Cardiff forum

Who was your man of the match v Barnsley away?

Poll runs till Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Neil Etheridge
6%
Bruno Manga
19%
Sean Morrison
No votes
Sol Bamba
11%
Joe Bennett
No votes
Aron Gunnarsson
No votes
Joe Ralls
2%
Craig Bryson
9%
Callum Paterson
49%
Junior Hoilett
No votes
Danny Ward
No votes
Loic Damour (sub)
No votes
Frederic Gounongbe (sub)
4%

Total votes : 47

47 votes cast ... that's utter shite.

We had votes on here for the colour of the toilet paper in the new stand and it got 23,000 votes!!!

3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Aye the 'tackle' does look a touch on the two footed off the ground side!

He scored a similar goal at Dingwall last season.....their goalie was not too keen to challenge for the ball with CP diving in from distance.

Only surprise was Willie Collum allowing it to stand!!

Callum's commitment will never be in question, he just needs to be aware of potential injury he may suffer, however can't imagine him to pull back from his natual instincts.

A born winner, hope he progresses to the top.

9 hours ago, Bozi said:

A problem is that there isn't anyone we've developed that is close to Paterson in terms of talent, hard work, and physical build (which may also be as a result of hard work).  Certainly not combined.  We've not had anyone I can think of since Gordon that has the same potential.  For an outfield player, I think you are having to go back to Naysmith.  I am probably missing a few but scouts are hardly going to think we've got a bunch of Patersons kicking about now.  They'll know we have loads of Smiths though. ;-)

When players are so good for us it always makes me potentially deluded, but I'd almost be disappointed if he doesn't either get promoted with Cardiff and establish himself as a EPL regular - or leave them for 10m+.  Even if he does poorly at Cardiff and they sell him to a worse Championship team the fee would be a couple of million.