Paterson at Cardiff ( merged )

kila

6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

With the silly money in England, if he makes a real go of it in Cardiff he could become a £15m player and we would score a decent chunk of that.

Not saying it will happen but you never know.

I will be astonished if it doesn't happen. CP has everything to be a top top player

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

With the silly money in England, if he makes a real go of it in Cardiff he could become a £15m player and we would score a decent chunk of that.

Not saying it will happen but you never know.

There is absolutely no reason for him not to do exactly what you've said.  He's got the right attitude, the right drive, and the right ability.  More importantly, he's one of these "modern day" defenders that can actually play football instead of just kicking lumps out of people.

I think, even more importantly, he has come back from a serious injury and it doesn't seem to have affected his game.  How many young players get a bad injury and then are never the same player again after that?  He's back giving it his all, bombing forward and, by the sounds of things, creating chances for his team.  His first goal for the Cardiff first team can't be far away, their Twitter feed makes it seem like he's all over the field in the few games he's played for them.

I will be astounded if Funk doesn't get himself into the Premiership within the next 2 or 3 years!  :wub:

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It's not a fair point at all.  I don't think money was the obstacle in either case.  CP made it crystal clear that he wanted to move to England and would not be signing on again.  I'm reasonably sure the situation was similar with Nicholson.

Pretty sure a major factor in Nicholson leaving was the treatment from the fans. Must’ve been hard as a boyhood Jambo

15 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Is the Cardiff game on tv today?

Seems like it's not. It's on dazn Europe whatever that is but you'd have to use a VPN and subscribe. Or use a VPN and subscribe to Bristol or Cardiff tv 

• 2 weeks later...
alwaysthereinspirit
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 06:50, Deans Jambo said:

It's funny going on other fans forums to see very little comments on each thread in comparison to Kickback.

They have Kickbackesque posters too it seems. Paterson reminded one supporter of a Gareth Bale when he was 22 playing full back. Callum has tons of future potential but not sure that much.

4 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

They have Kickbackesque posters too it seems. Paterson reminded one supporter of a Gareth Bale when he was 22 playing full back. Callum has tons of future potential but not sure that much.

He actually reminds me of Kyle Walker, not in the same league yet but he's got the potential for sure.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

He actually reminds me of Kyle Walker, not in the same league yet but he's got the potential for sure.

Walker is a great player but doesn't even have half of the physical presence Patterson has. If he stays fit he could be a great player for years to come.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Callum didn't start for Cardiff on Saturday though he was a late sub.

But starts tonight away to Barnsley. 

Not playing right back,right mid.

Delighted for the guy , oh for him in the team getting stuck in about the opposition and probably some of his team mates too . 

loveofthegame

A player I really really want to see succeed, and not just because of his sell-on clause!

Gave 100% every single time he pulled on maroon, would have become a legend but unfortunately we live in an era where our best young players will very rarely stay beyond a few seasons.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

What we really need to know is: what was his celebration like?

One of his daft ones....looked like he did not know which one to carry out.

He will soon be (if not already) a really popular guy in Cardiff

6 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

One of his daft ones....looked like he did not know which one to carry out.

He will soon be (if not already) a really popular guy in Cardiff

CP is up there with Robbo and Colin Cameron as players I thought would be irreplaceable when they left. Because of how poor the rest of our team is these days, we're probably missing him even more than them.

On 2017-11-13 at 08:53, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Walker is a great player but doesn't even have half of the physical presence Patterson has. If he stays fit he could be a great player for years to come.

Or adaptability and, dare I say it, skill. Could never see Walker scoring overheads and volleys like CP has in his repertoire.

Delighted for him. A huge moment in his career to get a winner like that. Moves them into clear 2nd in the table. A player who wants to give it everything and see where it takes him unlike others who shall remain nameless.