scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Still shite.

Say he goes for £15m

We get £2m

Cardiff get £13m

Bullshit ( whatever the numbers)

no time left on his contract so not our fault

We also got good value for him when he was here, and a percentage of sell on.

Best of luck to him

7 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Still shite.

Say he goes for £15m

We get £2m

Cardiff get £13m

It would have been worse but for Paterson insisting that a sell on clause was added for our benefit

Hagar the Horrible

Guy scores a brace, albeit against Sunderland, but still criticised, Who knows when silly money gets offered, Van Dyke is NOT a £75m defender

They're convinced they will recieve £3 Million minimum for McGinn too. Paterson is down in England already, bossing the midfield (out of position) and scoring goals.

Tragic we never tied him down on a long term deal when we came up. Should have been made Captain too.

Edited by bajthejambo

22 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Still shite.

Say he goes for £15m

We get £2m

Cardiff get £13m

If the 15% sell on fee is correct that would give us £2.25m plus the £400K we got from Cardiff, equalling £2.65m. It can only be a bad deal if we could have got more than £2.65m by selling him direct. Can't see how anything even near that was feasible while he was playing for us.

3 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Well done Callum great to see an ex player doing well for themselves.

That's excactly as I see it

hearts @ heart

Only seen the last 20 minutes. Seemed to be playing on the left of midfield and moved more central after Cardiff made made a sub.

Pleased for the lad getting a couple of goals. Just wait till he plays on the right hand side.

LarrysRightFoot

Wonder if he will do a Berra and come home one day.

Obviously after he’s had a few seasons at Real and Bayern.

Maroon Sailor
58 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Guy scores a brace, albeit against Sunderland, but still criticised, Who knows when silly money gets offered, Van Dyke is NOT a £75m defender

Who has criticised him ?

My Granny remark was aimed at how shite Sunderland are.

maroonnicky63
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Who has criticised him ?

My Granny remark was aimed at how shite Sunderland are.

yeh but that is typical and that;'s why Hager has responded. Instead of saying something like '' well done Calum '' you come out with a negative. There should be a load of red faces on here who used to call this young lad shite , he will move on to bigger and better things as will some others who have moved on.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, maroonnicky63 said:

yeh but that is typical and that;'s why Hager has responded. Instead of saying something like '' well done Calum '' you come out with a negative. There should be a load of red faces on here who used to call this young lad shite , he will move on to bigger and better things as will some others who have moved on.

Callum

You can't even spell his name right !

Great to see him doing well down there, as if it was on any doubt.

is he moaning a lot on the pitch though? That’s the important thing.

1 minute ago, socrates82 said:

Great to see him doing well down there, as if it was on any doubt.

is he moaning a lot on the pitch though? That’s the important thing.

And planking. He loved a bit of planking did Funk.

If Cardiff sell him for anything more than £2.7million, we'll get more of a sell-on fee than what Cardiff originally paid us for him.

If Cardiff sell him for £4million, we'll get 600k, making a total of £1million.

Edited by Cade

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He'd have been better off staying at Hearts if this is a step up in class for him.

Game is brutal

Quality is poor

Yeah 

At times the Championship is like a big mad kick about. It's sink or swim. 

There is some quality though. It's a decent start by Paterson. Appearances and goals. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah 

What's that supposed to mean ?

Edited by Maroon Sailor

maroonnicky63

Callum

You can't even spell his name right !

oh sory didn't ralise itwos a spilling compatissues

Jean Louis Valois
53 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Wonder if he will do a Berra and come home one day.

Obviously after he’s had a few seasons at Real and Bayern.

Can't see it, not sure if he ever really loved the club. Didn't grow up a fan. Amazing player for us though, will do well down there.

I’ve telling you all for years that Championship football is generally pretty brutal down here.

90% of you have a vastly over inflated opinion of the quality play that you see -  it saying there aren’t good players in the league but generally watched over 90 minutes 80% of the games I have been to have been to have been horseshit.

Maroon Sailor

oh sory didn't ralise itwos a spilling compatissues

Just trying to help you out.

If you are going to blow smoke up someone's arse at least get their name right

1 minute ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Can't see it, not sure if he ever really loved the club. Didn't grow up a fan. Amazing player for us though, will do well down there.

Wether he loved the club growing up or not  his behaviour over the transfer suggests he has an affinity for us. Might not come back one day but gave his all while he was here. 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

I’ve telling you all for years that Championship football is generally pretty brutal down here.

90% of you have a vastly over inflated opinion of the quality play that you see -  it saying there aren’t good players in the league but generally watched over 90 minutes 80% of the games I have been to have been to have been horseshit.

Think you might be right

That Sheffield derby was grim 

maroonnicky63

Just trying to help you out.

If you are going to blow smoke up someone's arse at least get their name right

YOU , help out no thanks Mr Negative think you are upset because you were one of the ones that used to slate this young man and you are a wee bit pissed

Maroon Sailor

YOU , help out no thanks Mr Negative think you are upset because you were one of the ones that used to slate this young man and you are a wee bit pissed

Well seen you didn't read what I've said about him then

Firing blanks over my bow again Mr Blow Smoke Up Their Arses

maroonnicky63

Well seen you didn't read what I've said about him then

Firing blanks over my bow again Mr Blow Smoke Up Their Arses

oh yes i have Mr change your mind when things are going well , wont work with me pick on the young mob

15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Wether he loved the club growing up or not  his behaviour over the transfer suggests he has an affinity for us. Might not come back one day but gave his all while he was here. 

Epitomized by his reaction to Juanma getting sent off at Perth a couple of seasons back. Consummate professional in my book.

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I definitely think he loves/loved the club

Glamorgan Jambo

the second goal was all Dr Funk. First to react and good accurate shot with his weaker foot i.e. skills he's worked his nads off to improve.....

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

the second goal was all Dr Funk. First to react and good accurate shot with his weaker foot i.e. skills he's worked his nads off to improve.....

His first time shooting is quality.

Remember guys, he is a RB. A RB scoring twice in the championship, how often does that happen?

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Remember guys, he is a RB. A RB scoring twice in the championship, how often does that happen?

Somebody should have mentioned that to the SKY co-commentator who didn't give him the MOTM award

chester copperpot
8 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

He played RM today tho.

36 minutes ago, ketchup said:

He was actually playing centre-mid I think. 

Exactly my point, we sold him as a defender but he is now showing he has the legs to play in the middle. Maybe the ADM we were missing. Where will Liverpool, Spurs, Man City or whoever buys him play him? Boys an athlete.

Edited by TypoonJambo

Guest Paul Allen

Fantastic performance today from Callum. Richly deserved from a guy who carried Hearts for at least half a season. Also can’t believe how much his hair is greying!

As an aside how shambolic are Sunderland. Derek McInnes definitely dodged a bullet there in the summer!

The Old Tolbooth

I was on a Cardiff forum earlier and some of them have worked him out already, i.e. they have no clue what he’s best position is but they know he’s not a right back, and apparently Warnock likes him, but doesn’t trust him to  defend so played him in the middle where he excelled today. They appear happy with him but know he is capable of a brain fart, which is why we loved him! 

We have a 15% sell on clause which Paterson himself insisted on being in his contract, fair play to the lad, I really hope he makes it big down there and someone hones all his natural talent and show a him how to use it properly as he has all the natural ability in the world, he just needs a bit of direction to be great! 

17 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

I was on a Cardiff forum earlier and some of them have worked him out already, i.e. they have no clue what he’s best position is but they know he’s not a right back, and apparently Warnock likes him, but doesn’t trust him to  defend so played him in the middle where he excelled today. They appear happy with him but know he is capable of a brain fart, which is why we loved him! 

We have a 15% sell on clause which Paterson himself insisted on being in his contract, fair play to the lad, I really hope he makes it big down there and someone hones all his natural talent and show a him how to use it properly as he has all the natural ability in the world, he just needs a bit of direction to be great! 

Said for long enough, as did others in debate , that he wasn't an out and out RB.

His weakness was defending when faced up with a winger. Quite easy beat.

But his strengths were more suited to an advanced position on the park. Seems they see it too.

3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Exactly my point, we sold him as a defender but he is now showing he has the legs to play in the middle. Maybe the ADM we were missing. Where will Liverpool, Spurs, Man City or whoever buys him play him? Boys an athlete.

Could see him playing about six different positions in his career (counting his turn as a striker for us), getting towards the end of his career, and asking to be put in goals for a meaningless late-season game just for laughs.